• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

_Dice

Smash Ace
if you're talking about just the last gsl it was 2 canadians and 4 europeans.
well to be fair huk is born in the US and raised in canada.

But we've had Artosis, IdrA, Huk all born is US in the GSL.
The majority of Europeans were Given their spots in the GSL(Jinro excluded). without winning it. While Huk won his (and then was given it) and both artosis and IdrA won their way in. while the europeans sans jinro were all given free spots in A (and mostly dropped out).

As for other countries in EUROPE.

NA has: Huk, Tyler, Incontrol, IdrA, Day9 he's still extremely good though not entering events, when you run into his smurf on the ladder it's more likely a loss than anything, TT1, Kiwi, Slush, Sheth, Machine. Those players are all on the same caliber as the top Euros. then if you count all the players that PLAY on NA even if their own server is pretty much ignored. you add Fenix and Moonglade to those names.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
even then the europeans did pretty well (poor ol' morrow tho.)

why were more spots given to the europeans over the north americans?

_Dice

Smash Ace
even then the europeans did pretty well (poor ol' morrow tho.)

why were more spots given to the europeans over the north americans?
Europe was more willing to travel to Korea. so more spots were given.

offered and turned down spots include:

Incontrol, Tyler, Fenix, Catz.

also maybe a little bit of favoritism due to Europe tournaments tend to be sponsered by Intel, same as GSL, and a little push for being able to say "the Intel _______ winner/runner up" was likely a push from the sponser.

fun side note my hardcore stream fanbase(~100 people) went rabid when GOM asked which foreigners should get an invite. they pushed hard for me lol was kind of funny, Junkka (John the translator) asked who i was and i said told him that I was a streamer with an unusual playstyle that is able to take a game off anyone, who could not travel to korea in the immediate future. Was weird, but awesome to be loved. :D (definitely didn't deserve a spot over any of the players who were offered except haypro, who could earn his way in easily but there were definitely players not invited more deserving)

Kenrawr

Smash Master
well i don't really wanna name all of the top euro players like you did for NA, everyone probably knows them anyway. and i don't really know enough about NA players to keep debating.

i'm surprised kiwikaki wasn't offered a spot.

do you have any vids or reps of your "unusual playstyle" that you keep talking about?

_Dice

Smash Ace
well i don't really wanna name all of the top euro players like you did for NA, everyone probably knows them anyway. and i don't really know enough about NA players to keep debating.

do you have any vids or reps of your "unusual playstyle" that you keep talking about?
i have only extremely old replays. IE release and first-second patch reps.

have not been playing my normal lately and i need to sit down with pen + paper to find out the adjustments i have to make to the build for the current metagame.

i literally have to do that because if i mess up at any point in time i lose (early game) now, where as before with infestor snare at 8 seconds i have alot of freedom to mess up some early and make it up with infestors. now I can't.

So yeah and no i have replays. :) Um pretty much i'm just unusual because i rarely go muta ling bane, or roach hydra. pretty much consistantly fast expand fast lair and get infestor ling ultra every game, and if i need to hydra or corruptors. my general strategy though is usually pretty much the same, i sit there and keep you from ever threatening me and wait for you to run out of resources.

_Dice

Smash Ace

I think Kiwi might have been, but i don't know him/ know someone who is good friends with him well enough to ask tbh. though he did state his desire to travel to korea.

rhan

Smash Hero
Losing respect because of bad manners? Or the fact he gets mad and clouds his mind?

Nasty_Nate

Smash Lord
Both

At least let your army die before GGing. He didnt know how much money huk had, so even if the army wasnt mostly hallu its very possible he could remake units and kill him.

Bad manners are fun sometimes, and I like his bm alot, but when you get punked like that and dont gg twice, you just look like a *****

@Dice
How do you carpet bomb properly with banelings?

_Dice

Smash Ace
Both

At least let your army die before GGing. He didnt know how much money huk had, so even if the army wasnt mostly hallu its very possible he could remake units and kill him.

Bad manners are fun sometimes, and I like his bm alot, but when you get punked like that and dont gg twice, you just look like a *****

@Dice
Carpet bomb units or workers.

and which race.

Armies: have your group of overlords slightly more than naturally spread ( click them together and then let them spread out on their own, then move over the army and then start using the unload hotkey on the overlords as fast as you can as they appear over the army.

against workers a similar thing but bring in the ovvies from opposite sides to catch any runners. (also +2 upgrade lets you 1 shot workers allowing 1 overlord per line to wipe everything, you need +3 vs scvs)

Against Protoss you want to carpet bomb in front of the stalkers, so you hit the sentries, stalkers AND collosus instead of just the stalker collosus or zealsentry.

against terran you want to hit the tanks and marines around the tanks, generally ignoring the units until right at the tanks because it's good to get the tank splash + baneling splash + damage the tank over just 2 of three.

against zerg you shouldn't be doing this as infestors will waste your time. (except vs workers)

rhan

Smash Hero
Both

@Dice
I think one main reason for just him rage quitting the second round was for possibly because his Corruptors were hitting the hallucinated voids instead of the Collossi. So the Collossi could safely melt everything right there. If he had a Overseer around I believe he could have easily taken that army out.

BM isn't a big deal to me. **** talk is what makes the game hype. Especially in a tourney environment where the stakes are high. Not GGing isn't a big deal either. I'll say GG in something friendly but tourney/ladder match I just mainly keep my focus on the game. I rarely say GG because I feel like I made too many mistakes for it to even be a "good" game. Especially in those scenarios that Idra was put in, I gotta admit the second round deserved a proper GG because they both played extremely well, but that last round was just a blow out.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Not saying "gg" at the end of the game is the rough equivalent of walking away without a handshake after a match in Smash. IdrA doesn't really give a **** about how it looks, and it's true that it's less "boring" than everyone being good-mannered, but I'm glad that his attitude is the exception rather than the norm.

BTW, matches for this week:

_Dice

Smash Ace
I only care about the hotkeys. You just unload them individually with unload all?
yeah if you select unload all and target the transport the transport will continue to be commanded to move while the units are dropping out. it's the parachute drop style thing.

_Dice

Smash Ace
:charizard:

I didnt know that
YEah... see this is how i meant that post about answering things.

"Hey guys i'm a pretty good player ask me anything you want and i'll help you ^^ i play zerg and know them best but can help anything, also if you really want help i also do lessons!"

how it came out was (i guess)

"hey i teach lessons if you have $$$, but if you're a cheap douchebag i'll answer questions for free"

Sorry ^^

rhan

Smash Hero
Not saying "gg" at the end of the game is the rough equivalent of walking away without a handshake after a match in Smash. IdrA doesn't really give a **** about how it looks, and it's true that it's less "boring" than everyone being good-mannered, but I'm glad that his attitude is the exception rather than the norm.
You're suppose to handshake after playing against people? lol news to me. I just say it was fun and walk off to see how my friends are doing.

Zone

Smash Champion
You're suppose to handshake after playing against people? lol news to me. I just say it was fun and walk off to see how my friends are doing.
Saying "it was fun" is a positive acknowledgment of the game. It's equivalent of a handshake. Would you pull out your controller after losing and walk away without a word?

:phone:

j00t

Smash Champion
Haven't played in five days due to the severe weather here in Alabama. I'm probably scrubby platinum level right now :/

Roman.

Smash Champion
Tomorrow and wednesday I can be on pretty much any time, I'll be free all day so if you have a specific time I'll be on. After that I can be on mostly during evenings for the rest of the week.
I'm working a double today that i'm about to leave for, but maybe i'll catch you on. Otherwise, i should be online for most of wed night so i'll see you then.

M@v

Subarashii!
Just something, a handshake/pound/saying good match/etc. Although if you deny a handshake comes off as being a ****.

People have denied handshakes from me in tourneys before, so yeah >__>.

Btw pretty sure I said this, but I'm taking a break from sc2 until I get my new comp. Tired of fighting this computer and my opponent, and losing a match every week because of an overheat.

rhan

Smash Hero
Sion v Roman. GF

Go! Go! Go! :yeahboi:

And Thors getting that energy bar back seems just stupid if some people don't even get the Thor upgrade..

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Where do you get that from?

Like, really, I don't remember ever hating on Terran, lol.

Top Bottom