• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starcraft 2 (Info on first post!)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
A lot of pro players play the game on Low graphics settings. If you're too distracted by the pretty glitter of SC2 to actually play the game it won't really help you.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
A lot of pro players play the game on Low graphics settings. If you're too distracted by the pretty glitter of SC2 to actually play the game it won't really help you.
Yeah, I can see that. It's the same way with shooters and the like on pc. However, since I'm not pro, I believe that I can handle the glitter; it looks cool, and to me, it's not too distracting.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If anything, putting too much importance on the graphics has a bigger effect on the lower-level players who don't have much APM to spare.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Let him enjoy his graphics. As long as he has fun playing, who has the right to say how he should play?

I play on low settings and still experience frame loss quite often :(

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Unless "time to start grinding and getting better" is the new synonym for "time to start having fun playing", I feel like there's a disconnect here lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Why shouldnt that be fun, too? Starcraft is a game, not work. He said right now he doesn't find those things distracting; if in the future he changes his mind and does, he can turn them off. I agree with you, i would play on low no matter what, but that doesn't mean the whole world has to agree.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I actually play on High, but I still rarely find any sort of grinding a fun game.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Unless "time to start grinding and getting better" is the new synonym for "time to start having fun playing", I feel like there's a disconnect here lol
I'm a big fan of Disgaea, so yeah, it's a new synonym, lol.

Also, I just realized that I haven't beaten the campaign yet, so I'll start back working on that.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Depends on the match-up. In PvZ you want to make a wall. In PvP you want your gates in the back generally so theres more space for ur army. In PvT you want your buildings away from the corners of ur base and especially no artosis pylons, in case of drops. Theres a lot of strategy that goes into building placement, so this is definitely not the end all rule of thumb

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Double post since my last reply left the thread dead, lol, sorry :[

I need help with what to do after my opening. I just get piled up with minerals and gas that I dunno what to do with by the time I reach around 30s food.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Pretty much that^

If your money is building up, you either aren't making stuff out of your buildings consistently or you don't have enough buildings.

Allied

Smash Master
Been in the hospital since forever and forgot about this thread.

HELLO EVERYONE

so i'm going to hit grandmaster next season, wish me luck!

Lazzarrath

Smash Cadet
hopefully the grandmaster system actually works properly this season.....
this actually might be the first new season where my internet is working properly and I dont have midterms, relatives or other distractions going on (during the start of the new season that is)

Allied

Smash Master
No. I'm hitting GM first.
nah son, lets race

is ffe the only viable build pvz?
basically pvz is terrible for toss right now
hopefully the grandmaster system actually works properly this season.....
this actually might be the first new season where my internet is working properly and I dont have midterms, relatives or other distractions going on (during the start of the new season that is)
ima beat you to gm first :D

Allied

Smash Master
I'm quite certain that most top players are actually saying the opposite.
idk not what i've been seeing / hearing

i mean i don't play toss so don't hold me to it. Also apparently its autoloss PvZ on metal

its very easy for zerg to abuse toss especially late game.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah Z > P. On the korean ladder its actually past the 60/40 threshold in january. Its not impossible to win, but it can be quite hard. I think once zergs really learn how to deal with archon toilet (theres lots of tricks, or you can simply spread your **** before the invincibility wears off) protoss will have 0% chance of winning the late game.

Lazzarrath

Smash Cadet
at this point toss like naniwa are crying constantly about zerg being unbeatable and zergs like idra, drg and nestea are talking about toss being op. at the end of the day I am pretty sure toss and zerg at a high level both think the other is op

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
What were the changes that now make Zerg appear to be stronger? Have people just been getting better at the matchup or have there been buffs/nerfs?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Whenever I played Zerg, I thought that spine crawlers as units was a terrible idea, haha. I guess it isn't now.

Also, I completely forgot this game! After I finish up Mass Effect 2 and Skyrim, I'm going to dedicate myself to getting out of Bronze.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
One does not simply

Finish Skyrim
Well, I count killing every dragon as finishing it. I'm at number 88, and it seems like I have a long way to go!

Actually, I'm just planning on doing the main quest and a couple guilds (Companions, DB, and Thieves) before taking a break for other games. I'll still play it, but not as religiously.

Allied

Smash Master
Zerg overall right now is REALLY powerful as a race (inb4 nah man qq zerg sucks)

the hardest matchup i would think would be ZvT for zerg players considering ghost play is so powerful.
Even though zerg players still destroy at the matchup.

Top Bottom