• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Step Yo Game up Cleveland : >8/

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
It would help him to know your real name though to convince his parents. Just PM him or something. Also, rides to tournaments? We'll talk at the tourney probly easier that way.

lou4222

Smash Lord
So how many people are coming. I wouldnt mind coming from Ohio State if Q, AZ or Soap wanted to come too. I havnt gotten to play against Cleveland yet and its always fun to play new people.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'm probably bringing at least 3, last time there was like 13-14 and this time joes and jons are coming. I'd guess a little shy of 20 this time.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
if there's enough interest and time there will most likely be doubles. I personally want a low tier singles bracket but I'm pretty sure no one else does.

Altrox, you should still bring your other stuff cause we'll still need it most likely. I "should" be able to bring 2 TVs, 1 guaranteed one is the small one we played melee on last time and one not guaranteed one is the other one I brought last time. Probly only 1 wii though, if that.

lou4222

Smash Lord
I plan on coming for sure..... I think haha. No barring some unforseen crap with my job I will be there. I havnt talked to AZ yet but Q sounds like hes down and I just saw in our columbus post that Soap is busy on weekends.

soap

Smash Hero
how late does this run till, i have stuff to do in cbus saturday morning, then more business in cleveland, and id be down to play around 7-8 pm

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
If neither my partner or my backup guy can make it, I'm not going. My back-up guy may have stuff to do, and my partner's parents won't let him go to stranger's houses

lou4222

Smash Lord
I can drive if you guys want. My car doesnt have a cd player.... and leaves a bit too be desired for haha but I dont mind. Whoever drives we can split gas money. I dont mind driving like I said but your car is much nicer. Its completely up to you. And Ill bring my wii

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
How much money to bring?

and if it starts at 2, why is registration between 4 and 5?
to give people time for setups and friendlies. I believe the pot is 5 bucks a person. Last time he graciously provided pop. Might wanna bring some extra money for MMs and possibly fast food or something.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I'd say around 15, I'm bringing only 3 this time you're bringing 3, Altrox+1 NoJoes + ? , Jokey, Kyosh, flip

I might be able to bring one more and I'm trying to convince west salem to bring a car.

King~

Smash Champion
G$hbeeb may showup with some people im not 100% on that though

we shall see, hopefully we get a couple more than last time.

FlipX

Smash Ace
Is 2 the earliest people can show up or can we come earlier?

Ill be back from my community service (Im finally done after saturday lol) at like 1 and if we can show up around then Ill prolly just go straight there.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I might be using a wave bird, and I have extra batteries. I just hope I'm the only one.
King Yoshi has one too. Don't worry though, it has enough channels that it won't be a problem. I wouldn't recommend it for tournament level play however.

I'll second that with ITT. Every tournament that I have been always says

"Play the Wavebird at your OWN risk".

Kinda makes me think that I don't want to play a Wavebird if it's telling me that.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I personally think there's a very small amount of lag on the wavebird, probably my imagination but still.... Plus it takes batteries, is large, more of a hassle, etc.

Last week we were playing at cleveland common grounds and I 3 stocked some guy cause he had a wavebird, I should have only been able to 2 stock him.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
I personally think there's a very small amount of lag on the wavebird, probably my imagination but still.... Plus it takes batteries, is large, more of a hassle, etc.

Last week we were playing at cleveland common grounds and I 3 stocked some guy cause he had a wavebird, I should have only been able to 2 stock him.
I have rechargables, so it's down to lag or not. I play fine with it, since the lag is unnoticable, so it's down to whether my partner has a controller I can use, since my reg controller has a warkable but slightly gimpy control stick.

I'm coming with a wii and cube if I don't get snowed in. How many people will be there?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Last time I believe we had 15 people. This time looks like it's shaping up to be a bit closer to 20.

MAN! I can't wait for this

:074:

Top Bottom