• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy Pokedex Submissions

zrky

Smash Lol'd
OK, so I didn't know where this should be ask, but Skyler (the lame mod) was saying that nobody ever uses toxic stall sets. What i here to ask is for someone to please show him good sets, because I know they work very well:)

PS: sorry if wrong:(

ss118

Smash Master
Moltres @ Brightpowder
Pressure: Timid
248 HP, 4 Defense, 252 Speed, 4 Sp. Defense
Flamethrower
Toxic
Substitute
Roost

Niiro

Smash Ace
OK, so I didn't know where this should be ask, but Skyler (the lame mod) was saying that nobody ever uses toxic stall sets. What i here to ask is for someone to please show him good sets, because I know they work very well:)

PS: sorry if wrong:(
The next time he has a thought about Pokemon, tell him to let it go. It isn't worth it. LOL, I just got beat by a toxic stall team. godamit.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I've been using Sharpedo on my teams lately, and it's been working wonders in OU.

Sharpedo @ Choice Scarf
238 Atk/220 Spd/52 SpAtk
Rough Skin: Naughty
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake/Ice Fang
-HP Fire

Outspeeds a Jolly 252 Scarftran and barely outspeeds Scarfed Mamoswines (with EVs designed to just outspeed Scarftran, that is) and OHKOs with EQ, takes Bullet Punches from Scizor, damages him with Rough Skin, and procedes to KO with HP Fire. It also kills Gengars, unscarfed Azelfs, and Mixapes among other things. Salamence is tough without Ice Fang.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I could try Aerodactyl I guess, though I pretty much suck at this.

Aerodactyl

Adamant nature
4HP/252Att/252Spd
Pressure
@ Life Orb

Stone Edge
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Crunch

Pretty much loaded with offensive options, gives good type coverage.
Aerodactyl is frail as hell, makes sense to give him a life orb with most sets, except defensive sets (?!) so at least he can dole out a lot of damage whilst he's still alive.
Take note that Aerodactyl's Rock Head ability does not negate life orb damage, so it's always sensible to use Pressure instead.
Mebbe not the best set, but it takes advantage of his high attack/speed stats.

Lead Aerodactyl

Jolly Nature
4HP/252Att/252Spd
Pressure
Focus Sash

Taunt
Earthquake
Ice Fang
Stealth Rock

I lead with this sometimes if I'm not Gengar leading. It's generally faster then most other leads, as long as you Jolly it with 252 Spd EV's. Taunt stops any sort of set up from the opponent, and even if they decide to attack instead of attempting to set up, with Focus Sash on you should still have time next turn to set up SR.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Ive actually been working on Aero sets for awhile now, and I have 2 sets: an improved lead/testing lead, and the CB set.

My improved lead runs protect for Fake Out leads-

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
252 Speed/ 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly: Pressure
Protect
Stealth Rock
Taunt
Earthquake / Stone Edge

Protect for Fake Out, Taunt for set-up leads, SR to have a set-up move. I actually really liked running EQ, specifically for Bronzong. This is meant to be a test lead, so EQ to see if Heatproof or Levitate. Stone Edge is a nice choice also, STAB + massive attack= hurts.

and the CB set (anyone else use the **** outta the old set in FR/LG/R/S/E? i did):

Aerodactyl @ Choice Band
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly: Pressure
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Aqua Tail
Fire Fang

Rock Slide over Stone Edge for the Flinch Rate, as your probably outspeeding your opponent. EQ, Aqua Tail, and Fire Fang give nice coverage.

When I was working on these I was having a lot of trouble coming up with a good 3rd set- the CB set is obvious, as it been a standard for awhile now, and the lead with Protect (over Ice Fang) to save his sash is a decent improvement. Coming up with another GOOD set for him is the hard point- I tried a few things, and most failed- i glanced @ Smogons stuff also, but nothing amazing.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
You've got to be kidding me...
I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or just rather unobservant, but either way, I am at least going to speak for myself and say that if you post here again with requests like these, which are very easy to find, mind you, then I'm never answering any of your questions again. But for the sake of this last one, I have a link for you.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

Now, when you click on this link, I want you to immediately bookmark it on your browser. That will give you an easy way to check for basically ANY decent Pokemon movesets that you want. That will then eliminate your reason to even post in here asking such basic questions, so can we please get no more of that?
This has to be one of the best posts that I've ever read.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
"Flame Orb Cresselia"
Cresselia @ Flame Orb
Levitate, Bold
252 HP/ 208 DEFENSE/ 48 SPECIAL DEFENSE (or special attack I suppose)
-Psycho Shift
-Thunder Wave
-Moonlight
-Ice Beam

This set will be striking fear into people's hearts in the near future.
Psycho Shift if you want to cut their attack in half. Thunder Wave if you want to slow them down/be a brick occasionally. I've started using it on my teams, works wonders. Cresselia being able to burn pokemon is just downright unfair.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Lead Empoleon

Empoleon @ Leftovers / Chople Berry
Modest
EV: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Speed

Hydro Pump / Surf
Ice Beam / Aqua Jet
Grass Knot
Stealth Rock

vs. standard Metagross [252 HP / 0 Def]

Hydro Pump will deal: (57.97% - 68.41%) Guaranteed 2HKO.
the other option would be Surf but it will fall short and has a very small chance to 2HKO'ing it. (46.15% - 54.40%)

vs. standard Aerodactyl

Surf + Aqua Jet = OHKO
Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet = OHKO

vs. Lead Infernape

the only "true" counter to this lead, but overall leads tend to have counters. close Combat would be the predicted move, this is where Chople Berry comes in as an option. Surf/Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet will guarantee a OHKO on it.

vs. standard Swampert

grass Knot will OHKO it. you outspeed standard Swampert (because of the +6 speed EVs).

vs. standard Hippowdon

this is where packing more punch will help. Hydro Pump secures a OHKO on 252 Hp / 88 SpD Hippowdon. Surf will fall short but you will 2HKO it.

vs. standard Bronzong

i'm not really sure but Hypnosis has died out and it's only sign of damaging me is Earthquake which is a 2-3hko depending on the item you have. hydro Pump 2hko's it and Surf 3-4hko's it.

vs. Tyranitar

Hydro Pump on 252 HP / 0 SpD : (95.54% - 112.87%)
a very high chance of OHKO'ing it. I don't know the standard EV spread of Tyranitar leads but it goes to show. This could be problematic also depending on EV Spread..

vs. Heatran

hydro Pump or Surf will OHKO it, especially leads that tend to run Naive versions. Earth Power will fail to OHKO this thing due to it's nice SpD base stat.

vs. Jirachi

known for versatility. trick will ruin all bulky leads, but laying down SR is a must. Scarf Versions are not problematic.. Iron Head can't spam me, it results to trick or thunder punch. thunder Punch will 2-3 HKO me depending on item held. While I 2HKO with Hydro Pump or OHKO some varients.

vs standard Azelf

k resist Psychic and Explosion and i am neutral to flamethrower which probably wont deal much. flamethrower would be the bad move against this because i will ohko with Surf + Aqua Jet or Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet, especially ones that run Naive versions.

ice beam is there if you keep it for late-game usage against dragons

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
vs. Tyranitar

Hydro Pump on 252 HP / 0 SpD : (95.54% - 112.87%)
a very high chance of OHKO'ing it. I don't know the standard EV spread of Tyranitar leads but it goes to show. This could be problematic also depending on EV Spread..
Hmm, are you sure this is right? An OHKO seems a bit too powerful... Are you factoring in Ttar's SpDef boost from Sand Storm?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That is almost exactly like the Empoleon on Smogon

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Hmm, are you sure this is right? An OHKO seems a bit too powerful... Are you factoring in Ttar's SpDef boost from Sand Storm?
Oops...
Sandstorm Results for 252 HP / 0 spDef
Min: Avg: Max:
Raw damage: 258 278 306
Percentages: 63.86% 68.81% 75.74%
That is almost exactly like the Empoleon on Smogon
Truth, cept Hydro Pump + Aqua Jet and Chople Berry owns.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
LOcario

Lucario@Life Orb
Hasty/Either One really
252Spe/170SpAtk/80Atk
-Close Combat
-HP Grass
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse/Extreme Speed

Wall breaker, it's not hard to figure out. Close Combat OHKO's blissey, HP Grass 2HKO's hippowdon and can 2HKO Swampert. Aura Sphere is an easy 2HKO on Skarmory and can even 2HKO after a Close Combat. Dark Pulse is a better option than Extremespeed as without it you have nothing to hit ghosts but if you feel it's not needed or are worried about faster sweepers extremespeed can be used. Crunch is not recommended for a dark type attack as many bulkier ghosts and psychics tend to carry WoW and can leave you walled.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
HP Grass 2HKO's hippowdon and can 2HKO Swampert.
Eh, 2HKO on those ground types may seem kinda nice, but not when you're weak to stab earthquakes, even stab anything from Swampert + SR and LO damage isn't too nice. I think HP Ice would be a better choice. It's still a 2HKO on Hippo and it takes care of Dragons and Gliscor

And, I have something else to add:

Sub Petaya Sceptile

Sceptile (Modest)
Overgrow @ Petaya Berry
252 Spc Atk/252 Spd/6 HP

Substitute
Energy Ball/Grass Knot
Dragon Pulse/Focus Blast
Hidden Power Ground/Focus Blast

Since Heatrean pretty much destroys Sceptile, HP Ground can help a lot. However, Dragon Pulse and Focus Blast provides much better coverage. Grass Knot should probably be preferred over Energy Ball if you're going to use this thing in OU.
It works just like any other sub-berry set. Sub up over and over and activate the berry. Unlike Empoleon, it does not need agility since it already has a great speed stat.

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon researcher Empoleon

Empoleon-shuca berry (weakens ground attacks)
Quiet nature(Raises Sp. Atk lowers speed)
341 sp atk other stats balanced
Ice beam
Grass knot
surf
flash cannon

As you can see it has a wide variety of moves withwhich it can be considered a mega powerhouse of destruction. Although it makes it very prone to being hit with a fighting type attack it still can do the damage that you want against your opponent. For instance tyranitar is sent out sandstorm whips up. Tyranitar uses earthquake, empoleons shuca berry takes most of the damage. Empoleon is in the red depending on how bad his defense is. Empoleons special ability torrent kicks in. Empoleon uses surf and tyranitar is toast unless of course tyranitar has a berry that weakens water types. which in this case it's always possible. Grass knot helps it against it's own type for example a crawdaunt is sent out grass knot from a high special attack empoleon can do some major damage. Flash cannon helps knock out ice types. And surf can protect it against any type that it is normally effective against. There are many drawbacks to this system of moves but it still has some very helpful advantages on a team that can be tooken by one type.

Hope this gives you ideas and give me some comments
Thanks

WouW

Smash Lord
Why give it a quiet nature and where are the EVs? Also, it's pretty situational that a TTar would come in and Quake you. Heck, you could easily have a fighting type coming and all you can do is say OH S***.
Also, relying on Torrent is extremely risky. If Torrent doesn't activate, you fail to OHKO Tyranitar and he can hit you again due to your low speed and you're KOed.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Okay, since im dropping ou, and picking up ubers, i guess i'll just put up my anti-lead gallade set :D

Gallade@lum berry
Adamant: SteadFAst
252 Attack/84 speed/174 SpDef
Shadow Sneak
Close Combat
X-Scissor/NightSlash
Knock Off/Fire Punch

EVed to outspeed the supporting set of dialga, and the rest is poored into attack/Special defense. Lum Berry to block sleep from darkrai, X-Scissor->Shadow Sneak is an OHKO on deoxys-s. Knock Off is to help support the team, and Fire Punch is to hit those **** steels. I think NightSlash can be used too, because i think it will 2hko Deoxys-s with that and shadow sneak. **** Kyogres ohko you with watersprout though >.>

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 118 HP/70 Def/252 SAtk/70 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Vaporeon with sweep-ish capabilities, has the defenses to switch into a lot of things and OHKO or 2KO them. Can switch into & OHKO Gengar, Alakazam, Heatrean, Salamance, Gyarados, Infernape, Gliscor.

2KOs Tyranitar (with Sandstorm and no Sp.D. investment), able to resist +1 Sword Dance attacks from Scizor & deals around 50-60% with Surf, 2KOs Metagross if there are minimal Sp.Df. EVs, 2KOs Foretress, Bronzong, Hippowdon, Mamoswine, Dusknoir, Spiritomb, etc.

The best advantage is that everyone taunts as soon as you come out which gives free hits...

Works well with Electivire since Electrics can eat you alive without too much effort.

Vileplume (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 130 HP/132 Def/110 SAtk/138 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Giga Drain
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Toxic

Counters walls to a certain extent, notably Cresselia & Blissey.

First set Leech Seed, then Toxic finishing with Giga Drain + Black Sludge.

Both Cresselia & Blissey like carrying Ice Beam around, but don't worry, Vileplume takes 15-23% from it without Sp.Attack EVs, and 28-39% with EV investment meaning she'll lose about 10% HP per turn while Leech Seed + Giga Drain + Toxic does about 40-50% per turn.

Can also stand up to Gyarados, Swampert (lol), Bronzong & other various sweepers & tanks.

Scizor slaps you into the mud, though. (If he's carrying U-turn or X-scissor)
Kingdra & Heatrean too :mad:

Ampharos (M) @ Focus Band/Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 180 HP/70 Def/70 Spd/90 SAtk/100 SDef
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Magnet Rise

OHKOs a lot of things, causes switches in which you Magnet Rise and then proceed to laugh at Flygon's face ;) OHKOs-2KOs Tyranitar with Focus Blast, 2KOs most steels and if a physical sweeper touches you Static may come into play along with Discharge.

If a ground type comes in, is faster than you and you haven't MR, say goodbye :ohwell:

I <3 UU Pokémon :(

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
I was refering to Vileplume & Ampharos, I know Vaporeon is OU but I still <3 him.

What the!? Gardevoir UU?!?! Oh well, better for me ^_^

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Yeah, I <3 Vappy too, my favorite elemental dog.

I want to try out that Vappy, cept with Hydro Pump instead of Shadow Ball or Surf (most likely SB since I'm sure it can still 2HKO fat ghosts and OHKO frail psychics/ghosts). Pretty sure it can turn some 2HKOs into OHKOs.

Zeadro

Smash Journeyman
Why give it a quiet nature and where are the EVs? Also, it's pretty situational that a TTar would come in and Quake you. Heck, you could easily have a fighting type coming and all you can do is say OH S***.
Also, relying on Torrent is extremely risky. If Torrent doesn't activate, you fail to OHKO Tyranitar and he can hit you again due to your low speed and you're KOed.
Like i said there are some flaws to this. I never said it was the best strategy in the world but it works. How about a pokemon battle against me if you think it's flawed. I use bird pokemon so i say bring it! But like i said you may beat me you may not. But, i refuse to battle standard rules. My rules are these....Double battle, No Hacks, voice chat on. I personally don't use ubers but you may feel free to use them as long as thier not hacks. So do you want to? Also going back to your tyranitar torrent comment; There is almost no way in hell a tyranitar can live through a torrent surf becuase 1) Empoleon benifits from Stab and with a sp. Atk of 341 ev trained i needn't say the tyranitar is ****ed even with sandstorm raising it's sp defense. I hope it doesn't seem like i'm ranting i'm just giving you my point of view. So do you accept my challenge for a pokemon battle?

WouW

Smash Lord
Like i said there are some flaws to this. I never said it was the best strategy in the world but it works. How about a pokemon battle against me if you think it's flawed. I use bird pokemon so i say bring it!
Get on Shoddy. I'll **** you.
But like i said you may beat me you may not. But, i refuse to battle standard rules. My rules are these....Double battle, No Hacks, voice chat on. I personally don't use ubers but you may feel free to use them as long as thier not hacks.
Most ******** rules ever. Double Battle? Voice Chat on?
Also going back to your tyranitar torrent comment; There is almost no way in hell a tyranitar can live through a torrent surf becuase 1)
If you read what I posted, I said that torrent could FAIL to activate, standard CBTar takes 90% at most and then KOs you. Keep in mind TTar has Sandstorm up to boost its SpD.
Empoleon benifits from Stab and with a sp. Atk of 341 ev trained i needn't say the tyranitar is ****ed even with sandstorm raising it's sp defense.
Like I said, if Torrent fails you won't OHKO.
Another thing to note: Most TTar don't even use Earthquake. Now what if a CB Lucario came in?
I hope it doesn't seem like i'm ranting i'm just giving you my point of view. So do you accept my challenge for a pokemon battle?
Get on Shoddy. I'll **** you.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Another thing to note: Most TTar don't even use Earthquake. Now what if a CB Lucario came in?
% of Tyranitar that use EQ: 41.3
% of Lucario that use something other than Focus Sash or Life Orb 6.4

You are much more likley to find a EQing TTar than a CBLuke.e

what the hell are you *****es even *****ing about?

WouW

Smash Lord
If 41,3% of Tyranitar use EQ, then 58,7% of Tyranitar don't.

Also, the CB Luke part was just the first Fighting poké that popped in my head. Really, it could as well be a SD Luke, I don't care, it still OHKOs Empoleon with Close Combat or something.

Niiro

Smash Ace
If 41,3% of Tyranitar use EQ, then 58,7% of Tyranitar don't.

Also, the CB Luke part was just the first Fighting poké that popped in my head. Really, it could as well be a SD Luke, I don't care, it still OHKOs Empoleon with Close Combat or something.
ty, i never knew that 100-41.3=58.7

but what the **** are you guys *****ing about? srsly.

WouW

Smash Lord
Bumping this because of the Strategy dex revival, and for this:

#464 Rhyperior
Ground/Rock
Lightningrod: In doubles, all Electric attacks will target this Pokémon.
Solid Rock: Super effective moves on this Pokémon will have their damage decreased by 1/4.
115HP/140Atk/130Def/55SpA/55SpD/40Spe

Choice Band

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Adamant/Solid Rock
252Atk/252Spe/4SpD
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Aqua Tail
Fire Punch

Rhyperior with Choice Band has 624 Attack and two base 100 STAB attacks that have very good coverage. Aqua Tail has the notable ability to 2HKO Hippowdon, doing a minimum of 59%. Fire Punch 2HKOs most Levitate Bronzongs.

Rock Polish

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Adamant/Solid Rock
252Atk/252Spe/4SpD
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Aqua Tail
Rock Polish

Take the previous set, add Rock Polish and give it a Life Orb and you have a powerful attacker who can boost its speed to 358, outspeeding all up to base 112 +nature opponents. Jolly can be used to get 392 Speed after 1 boost, beating base 125 +nature, like Jolly Weavile.

Speed Baton Pass Recipient

Rhyperior @ Expert Belt
Adamant/Solid Rock
252Atk/252Spe/4SpD
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Punch
Crunch/Aqua Tail

Rhyperior is a good but overlooked recipient of Baton Passed speed. The primary advantage it has over Marowak is STAB Stone Edge and it's very good physically defensively. Crunch is actually a good option as you can KO it (if you outspeed) if it switches into Stone Edge, for example. Its 20% chance to lower defense may also help. Aqua Tail will still hurt Hippowdon but less than the other sets. Fire Punch is there for pokés like Breloom who resist everything else. Expert Belt is used because Baton Pass recipients should defeat several pokés, and Choice restricts your moves and Life Orb will wear you down too much. Like the Rock Polish set, Jolly can also be used.

Extra options

Rhyperior has great defensive stats even outclassing Hippowdon statwise (however, his Ground and Fighting weaknesses don't really make up for it), it has Solid Rock and it gets a Special Defense boost in Sandstorm. A defensive set can be made with Substitute and defensive EVs. If you don't like Stone Edge's 80% accuracy, you may want to use Rock Slide. Counter works well with Solid Rock and his great physical Defense.

EVs

Max attack with Adamant will make Rhyperior do a lot of damage. Max speed allows Rhyperior to outspeed min speed Skarmory, but most EV themselves to outspeed you so you could also use 132HP/124Spe/252Atk to outspeed min speed Blissey.

Troublesome Pokémon

Bulky Waters can switch in on a lot and threaten with x4 STAB Surf, which can probably KO Rhyperior. Gyarados has Intimidate and a powerful x4 Waterfall, but needs to watch out for Stone Edge. Breloom resists Rhyperior's STABs and Aqua Tail and can outspeed and Spore and proceed to set up. Celebi has good defensive stats and can use moves like Energy Ball to take Rhyperior down. In general, special super effective moves will hurt a lot.

Written by WouW

supermarth64

Smash Ace
Might want to have Megahorn if you predict Celebi switching into an Earthquake, or if you want to on the Rock Polish set.

Or extra options.

Top Bottom