• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy Pokedex Submissions

c3gill

Smash Ace
Honestly, nothing apart from the fact that Razor Claw evolves Sneasel. And, in my personal opinion, it looks cooler as an item. :laugh:

But other than that, absolutely nothing. The redundancy behind it is sort of like how there's no difference between the Odd Incense and Twistedspoon apart from the fact that one of them let's you breed a specific baby Pokemon and one doesn't.
actually every incense is like that, if memory serves. Rock incense boots rock, Luck incense acts as an Amulet Coin, full incense acts as lagging tail, etc. thats all iirc.

so if i were to scarf my blaziken i would be better off like that or using somthing that increases speed?
Blaziken <3 Choice Scarf. thats your item, thats what you use. He needs it. or pass some speed.... (Ninjask)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
actually every incense is like that, if memory serves. Rock incense boots rock, Luck incense acts as an Amulet Coin, full incense acts as lagging tail, etc. thats all iirc.
I know. ^.^ Odd incense just happened to be the first example I thought of, so I went with it. :laugh:

good, anyways does anyone know a good moveset and nature for a swampert?
To contrast the Blaziken, may I suggest a simple CursePert?

Swampert@Leftovers
Careful Nature
252 HP/160 DEF/96 SDEF
-Earthquake
-Avalanche
-Curse
-Rest/Waterfall

This may not be entirely the best option, but I figure this thing is pretty bulky and just gets bulkier, which works well when on a team with anything choiced. Choose whatever you want for the last move, but I'd probably take rest to hopefully live longer. It's up to you though.

Also keep in mind however that this is the 'standard' CursePert set, so you might want to mess with the EVs and possibly even the moveset a bit to come up with something that you like. As like Umbreon said a page or two ago, standard is rarely the best way to go.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Blaziken

It's about time I finished this up...:)

#257 Blaziken
Types- Fire and Fighting
Ability- Blaze: When HP is below 1/3rd, Fire type moves become 1.5 times as powerful as normal.
Base stats- 80 HP/120 ATK/70 DEF/110 SP.ATK/70 SP.DEF/80 Speed

Scarfiken
Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
Blaze: Adamant
16 HP/252 ATK/240 Speed
Superpower
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Blaze kick
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

This is a great set that is commonly used in UU. 240 speed allows you to outspeed base 125 pokemon. Switch in, destroy somebody, then switch out. Night slash gives coverage against psychics and ghosts, but thunderpunch should be your main choice for its valuable water and flying coverage.

Salac Sweeper
Blaziken @ Salac Berry
16 HP/252 ATK/240 Speed
Substitute
Focus Punch/Sky Uppercut/Brick break
Flare Blitz/Fire punch/Blaze kick
Earthquake/Thunderpunch

Switch in on some stealth rocks, possibly try a few sub-punches, and you'll be below 1/3 health in no time. Once you have salac, go for the sweep, but remember that you'll also have blaze, so fire moves will really pack a punch. Swords dance could be a decent option on this set, and will often allow you to be hit down to or near 33% of your health.

Physical Sweeper
Blaziken @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Blaze: Jolly/Adamant
4 HP/252 ATK/252 Speed
Swords Dance/Agility
Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Blaze Kick
Earthquake/Thunderpunch

If it weren't for 80 base speed, this set would destroy everything. Similar to the other sets, except it uses SD or agility for a great stat boost. If using agility, go with adamant; for SD use jolly. FS gives you a free stat boost if you really want it. But keep in mind you'll probably be facing either weather, SR, spikes, or some combination. LO is your best choice.

Mixiken (Mixed Sweeper)
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Blaze: Rash
128 ATK/252 Speed/128 SP.ATK
Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Heat Wave
Earthquake/Thunderpunch
Vacuum Wave/HP Ghost

I haven't worked with Blaziken's impressive special attack yet, and I feel bad for it. I'll cover his special moveset more in extra options. Anyway, here's a mixed set. HP Ghost may seem to be a strange choice for the last move, but it covers some annoying psychics and ghosts. Why not HP Dark? Because HP Ghost gets coverage on gallade. Other than that, there's really not a difference. Still, vacuum wave is most likely going to be you best bet for the last move.

Extra Options:

I haven't typed the special attack variations of the movesets, because if I did, this would take up too much space. To make up for it, I've placed a move conversion list below to show you what you should be using in place of the physical moves if you're running a special variation. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

Sky Uppercut/Brick Break-->Vacuum wave/Focus Blast
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Blaze Kick-->Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Heat Wave
Superpower-->Overheat
Earthquake--> HP Ground
Thunderpunch-->HP Electric
Swords dance--> Nothing... use agility or just don't use a stat boost at all

Nature Conversions:
Adamant-->Modest
Jolly-->Timid

On the choice scarf set at the beginning where it uses earthquake and thunderpunch, you obviously can't have HP ground and HP electric, so pick one and change the other one to vacuum wave/focus blast.

Ok, back to the real portion of extra options:

Night slash and shadow claw both provide decent coverage and are both decent options on a physical set

Bulk up boosts attack and defense, but isn't your best option due to the fact that blaziken is more of a sweeper and the defensive boost really doesn't help much.

Poison Jab gets grass coverage and a slight chance for poison, but fire moves are better for stab and more coverage.

Brave Bird is a hard hitting move, but fire covers most of what brave bird will help you with. Brave Bird only helps with fighting types. Same goes for bounce.

Blaziken has the endure-->reversal combo, but that's pretty much novelty at this point in the metagame, plus heracross does it better anyway.

Counter can be a gimmicky surprise option, but again, blaziken is a sweeper and doesn't really work well with this move. Same goes for blaziken's other defensive moves, swagger and will-o-wisp. Roar is also somewhat defensive, but can work occasionally. It's still not one of you top options, though.

Solarbeam is a good option for sunny day teams. Otherwise, it's terrible and should not be used.

HP Ice is a decent option for dragon and ground coverage.

Stone edge is a strong physical move, but between blaziken's fire move, earthquake, and thunderpunch, you have already covered what stone edge helps with.

Choice band and choice specs are also useable. Just use the choice scarf set but change the nature to jolly/timid and fill up the speed EVs.

Lum berry can get rid of a pesky stat condition and is definitely a viable option. Leichi berry or petaya berry can be used similarly to salac, but blaziken's main issue is speed, not attack or special attack.

EVs:
Should go mostly into Attack, special attack, and speed. I didn't use special attack EVs much above, but that's because I didn't have room for all the special variations of the above movesets. You have the option of not boosting speed EVs if you're using agility, but then you'll take a hit on your first turn.

Troublesome Pokemon:

Bulky waters like feraligatr will happily absorb a thunderpunch and smack you with a stab super effective move. Bad news. Swampert is a nightmare (at least it's in OU). Run away. Azumarill will kill you with aqua jet, so they're ones to avoid also.

There are plenty of scary flying and psychic types that will outspeed non-boosted blaziken and OHKO you. Crobat in patricular is one of the most dangerous.

Dragons like altaria tend not to have too much trouble with blaziken unless you're using HP ice.

Rotom is tough to deal with. They're really annoying. You'll have issues with the stronger rotom versions as well as zapdos, but blaziken is in UU, so luckily you can avoid them if you want. Rotom (regular) is tough to deal with, and is in UU, so they can give you problems if youre not using a ghost or dark move.

Status condition are a major pain. Lum berry and substitute can help alleviate this weakness, but not completely.

After I get some comments on how this looks, I'll throw it in the strategy dex, so make sure all your suggestions are here.

c3gill

Smash Ace
It's about time I finished this up...:)

#257 Blaziken
Types- Fire and Fighting
Ability- Blaze: When HP is below 1/3rd, Fire type moves become 1.5 times as powerful as normal.
Base stats- 80 HP/120 ATK/70 DEF/110 SP.ATK/70 SP.DEF/80 Speed

Scarfiken
Blaziken @ Choice Scarf
16 HP/252 ATK/240 Speed
Superpower
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Blaze kick
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

This is a great set that is commonly used in UU. 240 speed allows you to outspeed base 125 pokemon. Switch in, destroy somebody, then switch out. Night slash gives coverage against psychics and ghosts, but thunderpunch should be your main choice for its valuable water and flying coverage.

the mixed sweeper is generally better at running a scarf. Fire Punch and Blaze kick probably should be listed at the extra options, as Flare Blitz is going to be what you want on this set.

Salac Sweeper
Blaziken @ Salac Berry
16 HP/252 ATK/240 Speed
Substitute
Focus Punch/Sky Uppercut/Brick break
Flare Blitz/Fire punch/Blaze kick
Earthquake/Thunderpunch

Switch in on some stealth rocks, possibly try a few sub-punches, and you'll be below 1/3 health in no time. Once you have salac, go for the sweep, but remember that you'll also have blaze, so fire moves will really pack a punch. Swords dance could be a decent option on this set, and will often allow you to be hit down to or near 33% of your health.

Wayyyyy to many /s. you have an extra options section, use that- or explain in the set explaination. Flare Blitz doesnt belong on this set, as your going to be low on health when salac kicks in- go with Fire Punch, the accuracy of Blaze Kick is what scares me. You mention sub-punching, then list 2 alternate moves to Focus Punch..... i dont get that. EQ/Tpunch is the only thing deserving of the /, as that is a hard decision.

Physical Sweeper
Blaziken @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Blaze: Jolly/Adamant
4 HP/252 ATK/252 Speed
Swords Dance/Agility
Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Blaze Kick
Earthquake/Thunderpunch

If it weren't for 80 base speed, this set would destroy everything. Similar to the other sets, except it uses SD or agility for a great stat boost. If using agility, go with adamant; for SD use jolly. FS gives you a free stat boost if you really want it. But keep in mind you'll probably be facing either weather, SR, spikes, or some combination. LO is your best choice.

Focus Sash doesnt belong even mentioned on this set. LO+ agility works better than SD, because you could very well be 2HKOd without a chance to attack. again I dont understand the mention of BB, it doesnt go with the set. Flare Blitz looks nice, but once you realize you will be taking a hit and LO damage, its recoil isnt worth the extra power- Fire Punch or Blaze Kick, whichever fits you better. Throw Fire Punch as the base set, and mention Blaze Kick in the extra options.

Mixiken (Mixed Sweeper)
Blaziken @ Life Orb
Blaze: Rash
128 ATK/252 Speed/128 SP.ATK
Sky Uppercut/Brick Break
Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Heat Wave
Earthquake/Thunderpunch
Vacuum Wave/HP Ghost

I haven't worked with Blaziken's impressive special attack yet, and I feel bad for it. I'll cover his special moveset more in extra options. Anyway, here's a mixed set. HP Ghost may seem to be a strange choice for the last move, but it covers some annoying psychics and ghosts. Why not HP Dark? Because HP Ghost gets coverage on gallade. Other than that, there's really not a difference. Still, vacuum wave is most likely going to be you best bet for the last move.

FINALLY! the mix. Overheat or Fire Blast. LOL @ Heat wave. mention flamethrower in the extra options. Sky Uppercut is meh, Superpower is whats up. Thunderpunch and HP Ghost work well as the final 2 slots in UU- you hit almost everthing that is used often in UU for SE. Either BP this dude some speed and a sub or throw a scarf on him and let the **** party begin.

Extra Options:

I haven't typed the special attack variations of the movesets, because if I did, this would take up too much space. To make up for it, I've placed a move conversion list below to show you what you should be using in place of the physical moves if you're running a special variation. It's not perfect, but it's better than nothing.

Sky Uppercut/Brick Break-->Vacuum wave/Focus Blast
Flare Blitz/Fire Punch/Blaze Kick-->Fire Blast/Flamethrower/Heat Wave
Superpower-->Overheat
Earthquake--> HP Ground
Thunderpunch-->HP Electric
Swords dance--> Nothing... use agility or just don't use a stat boost at all
Nature Conversions:
Adamant-->Modest
Jolly-->Timid

On the choice scarf set at the beginning where it uses earthquake and thunderpunch, you obviously can't have HP ground and HP electric, so pick one and change the other one to vacuum wave/focus blast.

Ok, back to the real portion of extra options:

Night slash and shadow claw both provide decent coverage and are both decent options on a physical set

Bulk up boosts attack and defense, but isn't your best option due to the fact that blaziken is more of a sweeper and the defensive boost really doesn't help much.

Poison Jab gets grass coverage and a slight chance for poison, but fire moves are better for stab and more coverage.

Brave Bird is a hard hitting move, but fire covers most of what brave bird will help you with. Brave Bird only helps with fighting types. Same goes for bounce.

Blaziken has the endure-->reversal combo, but that's pretty much novelty at this point in the metagame, plus heracross does it better anyway.

Counter can be a gimmicky surprise option, but again, blaziken is a sweeper and doesn't really work well with this move. Same goes for blaziken's other defensive moves, swagger and will-o-wisp. Roar is also somewhat defensive, but can work occasionally. It's still not one of you top options, though.

Solarbeam is a good option for sunny day teams. Otherwise, it's terrible and should not be used.

HP Ice is a decent option for dragon and ground coverage.

Stone edge is a strong physical move, but between blaziken's fire move, earthquake, and thunderpunch, you have already covered what stone edge helps with.

Choice band and choice specs are also useable. Just use the choice scarf set but change the nature to jolly/timid and fill up the speed EVs.

Lum berry can get rid of a pesky stat condition and is definitely a viable option. Leichi berry or petaya berry can be used similarly to salac, but blaziken's main issue is speed, not attack or special attack.

EVs:
Should go mostly into Attack, special attack, and speed. I didn't use special attack EVs much above, but that's because I didn't have room for all the special variations of the above movesets. You have the option of not boosting speed EVs if you're using agility, but then you'll take a hit on your first turn.

Troublesome Pokemon:

Bulky waters like feraligatr will happily absorb a thunderpunch and smack you with a stab super effective move. Bad news. Swampert is a nightmare (at least it's in OU). Run away. Azumarill will kill you with aqua jet, so they're ones to avoid also.

There are plenty of scary flying and psychic types that will outspeed non-boosted blaziken and OHKO you. Crobat in patricular is one of the most dangerous.

Dragons like altaria tend not to have too much trouble with blaziken unless you're using HP ice.

Rotom is tough to deal with. They're really annoying. You'll have issues with the stronger rotom versions as well as zapdos, but blaziken is in UU, so luckily you can avoid them if you want. Rotom (regular) is tough to deal with, and is in UU, so they can give you problems if youre not using a ghost or dark move.

Status condition are a major pain. Lum berry and substitute can help alleviate this weakness, but not completely.

After I get some comments on how this looks, I'll throw it in the strategy dex, so make sure all your suggestions are here.
you did ok, but mention a lot of worthless stuff in the sets that should be covered in the extra options. Im not going to crunch the numbers myself, but if your EVs do what they say then good job on those. Need to see more SP Atk in your sets, Blaziken should be somewhat balanced in his attacking abilities- 110 Sp Atk is nothing small, and throwing 50 or so EVs from Atk into Sp Atk is going to help you kill physical walls. not bad, but needs some changes. did you even mention a Baton Pass? And berries activate @ 25% or less.

my weird set to consider:

Blaziken @ Salac
128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Speed
Agility
Substitute
Reversal
Blaze Kick

Agility on the switch, Sub til salac, and kill stuff. If you sub survives, either agility to outrun EVERYTHING IN THE ****ING GAME or whack your opponent. This set takes Blazikens pitiful speed and..... gives him baller speed, without the lock of a scarf. Still, only 2 attacks to chose from isnt amazing, and you could always take a Liechi over Salac for more power.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
my weird set to consider:

Blaziken @ Salac
128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Speed
Agility
Substitute
Reversal
Blaze Kick

Agility on the switch, Sub til salac, and kill stuff. If you sub survives, either agility to outrun EVERYTHING IN THE ****ING GAME or whack your opponent. This set takes Blazikens pitiful speed and..... gives him baller speed, without the lock of a scarf. Still, only 2 attacks to chose from isnt amazing, and you could always take a Liechi over Salac for more power.
I second the consideration to this set, although I think it should be noted that this is mainly a UU set (lol at the thought of people thinking they can use this in OU). Too much is there to make **** berries out of it. Or if nothing else, at least send this set to me in a PM so I can keep it for future reference? :) I really like it. Definitely my style.

EDIT: Did anyone else notice the inclusion of NU tier on Smogon? I really hope this means NU ladders, because I think those would be amazingly fun to play in. :D

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Nope nope. Super Luck actually doubles the critical hit 'rate' of a move before adding in any item modifiers, and by rate, I mean stage/level. Like I said, there are 5 different levels to the odds of getting a critical hit. They are as listed:

Stage 1: 6.25%
Stage 2: 12.5%
Stage 3: 25%
Stage 4: 33.3%
Stage 5: 50%

All moves start off at stage 1, unless they are moves that specifically say "high critical hit rate," in which case the moves start off at stage 2. When a Pokemon has super luck for an ability, however, the stage that a move sits on is then doubled, so all stage 1 moves will have a rate at stage 2, and all natural stage 2 moves will have a rate at stage 4. After that, you then add on the item modifier, which raises all moves by one stage. So on a Pokemon with super luck, all moves that started off at stage 1 will now be on stage 3, and all moves that started off at stage 2 will now be on stage 5.

I hope that makes sense...I haven't been very good at explaining things today, it seems. :\

If this is true, then why does no one run a "critical sweeper" set? It'd probably work well.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

If this is true, then why does no one run a "critical sweeper" set? It'd probably work well.
There are only three Pokemon that have super luck, and they're Murkrow, Honchkrow, and Absol. No one will probably use Murkrow, so you can just throw that out. You're then left with Honchkrow and Absol. Neither of them are very fast, and neither of them have very good defenses. They're both pretty strong, yes, but that's basically all that they've got going for them.

The only way to truly make them really effective is by doing a BP to them with at least a decent speed boost, as well as probably a sub (SD wouldn't be bad either, but it's unlikely to have it with the other two unless you chain BP). Miss any of that though, and they're probably not going to do very well due to how fragile they are.

Now look at what moves these two Pokemon can use that have a high crit rate (and gain the benefit of being an ATK move, because they generally wouldn't use ones that are SATK). Honchkrow only learns one, and that's night slash, so in reality it's not getting a very large benefit from super luck apart from the fact that it's good for its STAB. Absol learns night slash, psycho cut, shadow claw, slash, and stone edge. A very nice amount of them, but every single one of them suffer against steel types, which are quite common in OU if I'm not mistaken. This alone makes running one of them in OU hard, because the only way to legitimately get rid of the steel type threat is to teach it something like superpower, but that hinders its chances at performing hax sweeps because of the ATK drop.

Then for a little extra, I'll just throw in the simple odds of getting the crit even after hitting stage 5. Half the time they'll get it off, and half the time they won't, which means that chances are they won't have any chance against the aforementioned steel types to begin with, which almost every team has at least one of them; particularly Scizor, which gets the benefit of either out-prioritizing for a quick kill with bullet punch or at least taking off the sub so something else can kill it if it dies.

All in all, the entire thing is just too hax/luck reliant to be worth using in the OU environment. If you're talking about UU, however, then I honestly just don't know. It would work decently well there.

c3gill

Smash Ace

people do run the absol set, which gets 50% crit on the proper moves- but generally its still not very reilable. additionally, you can only boost your crit rate once with a move- ever tried using Focus Energy back to back? doesnt work.

however, in UU- (since we are discussing him anyway) Blaziken could BP a Focus Energy / agility / swords dance combo to absol, and you could proceed to **** with that crazy crit percentage. I only know up to stage 5, which is 50%. Its possible to get to 7.

@Timssu- Choice Band Absol isnt rare at all in UU, and that set runs Superpower. Ive seen a couple crit "hax" based team in UU- pretty funny imo. but it can work.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
people do run the absol set, which gets 50% crit on the proper moves- but generally its still not very reilable. additionally, you can only boost your crit rate once with a move- ever tried using Focus Energy back to back? doesnt work.

however, in UU- (since we are discussing him anyway) Blaziken could BP a Focus Energy / agility / swords dance combo to absol, and you could proceed to **** with that crazy crit percentage. I only know up to stage 5, which is 50%. Its possible to get to 7.
IS there a stage 7? If so, then this is something I didn't know of...link please? I'd like to know what this percentage would be if it does get that high before reaching the aforementioned stage 5 limit. <.<

EDIT:
@C3: I know there's a choice band set, but it doesn't run stage 5 crit, which I think is what he wanted to know about. And I think he wanted to know about in OU anyway. As I said, I personally think Absol would do great in UU. :D

Btw, how do you think a choice banded Absol would do spamming quick attack or sucker punch? <.< I don't know why, but I see that hurting in UU; even without the STAB on the quick attack. I mean...it's running on 591 ATK. If it's not going to OHKO or 2HKO something, then I'd be appalled.

One last bit...do you actually prefer your name with a capital C or lower-cased c? I saw you say something to someone about you preferring capital C, but I thought I'd double check...

c3gill

Smash Ace
IS there a stage 7? If so, then this is something I didn't know of...link please? I'd like to know what this percentage would be if it does get that high before reaching the aforementioned stage 5 limit. <.<
stage 5 is an absol with a +crit item and ability, without a boosted move (like focus energy) using high critical hit moves (like Night Slash)- Baton Passing Focus Energy to that same Absol would be the 7th stage of Critical then.

I have no idea if it even can go this high, but technically you have used the proper moves and items in accordance with Absols ability to have reached a 6th level above the normal critical hit rate of 6.25%- it should work

stage 0: 0 (lucky chant laughs at you, silly crit hax user)
stage 1: 1/16
stage 2: 1/8
stage 3: 1/4
stage 4: 1/3
stage 5: 1/2
stage 6: ???
stage 7: ???

Biggest problem with CB Absol using Sucker Punch is that it doesnt hit if the person switches.

Absol used Sucker Punch, but it doesnt hit cause I switched! w00t!
C3 switches in Hitmonlee!
Absol: oh ****.

lesson? always run Pursuit and Sucker Punch on CB Absol.

and i dont care about capitalization of the c or not.... its not in my username.... so use whichever.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
stage 5 is an absol with no boosted move using high critical hit moves- Baton Passing Focus Energy to that same Absol would be the 7th stage of Critical then.

I present: MATH! 5+2= 7

I have no idea if it even can go this high, but technically you have used the proper moves and items in accordance with Absols ability to have reached a 6th level above the normal critical hit rate of 6.25%- it should work

stage 1: 1/16
stage 2: 1/8
stage 3: 1/4
stage 4: 1/3
stage 5: 1/2
stage 6: ???
stage 7: ???
Actually uhhh...unless Bulbapedia is wrong, then well...let's just say that focus energy Absol would be considered uber if there are stages higher than 5. Focus energy quadruples the ratio. Yeah. That's right. Quadruple. Think what Absol could do then. XD I think it's just the percentage though, not the stage. So something under the effects of focus energy using stage 1 moves will hit stage 3, and if they're using stage 2, then they'll hit stage 5. With that said, I wonder if anyone's ever BP'd focus energy to something that is a bit bulkier and has lots of high-crit moves, like Gallade? I could see hypnosis/thunder wave-bulk up Gallade being a beast with focus energy under its belt as well if it has psycho cut and...idk. Whatever else you want, I guess. Maybe stone edge for those danged birds?

Also, I lol'd at that analysis of what would happen from sucker punching. :laugh:

c3gill

Smash Ace
Actually uhhh...unless Bulbapedia is wrong, then well...let's just say that focus energy Absol would be considered uber if there are stages higher than 5. Focus energy quadruples the ratio. Yeah. That's right. Quadruple. Think what Absol could do then. XD I think it's just the percentage though, not the stage. So something under the effects of focus energy using stage 1 moves will hit stage 3, and if they're using stage 2, then they'll hit stage 5. With that said, I wonder if anyone's ever BP'd focus energy to something that is a bit bulkier and has lots of high-crit moves, like Gallade? I could see hypnosis/thunder wave-bulk up Gallade being a beast with focus energy under its belt as well if it has psycho cut and...idk. Whatever else you want, I guess. Maybe stone edge for those danged birds?
The highest critical rates could possibly go is 100%, meaning that you are going to critically hit every move you use. No reason for there to be a rating higher than that, because even if your critical rate is 9000%, that just means that every move that pokemon does will be a critical hit. a crit means your dealing 2x the damage of a regular hit.

im trying to remember the ability that makes crits worth 3x rather than 2x, as soon as i find it ill edit it in.

edit- Sniper :( i dunno how i forgot that.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
The highest critical rates could possibly go is 100%, meaning that you are going to critically hit every move you use. No reason for there to be a rating higher than that, because even if your critical rate is 9000%, that just means that every move that pokemon does will be a critical hit. a crit means your dealing 2x the damage of a regular hit.

im trying to remember the ability that makes crits worth 3x rather than 2x, as soon as i find it ill edit it in.

edit- Sniper :( i dunno how i forgot that.
Oh, I knew that. I was just saying that it'd be impossible for it to not hax crit (unless they're against something with lucky chant, of course). And even at that percentage, I could see Nintendo just being like "Awww **** it. 200%? You deserve to hax crit if you were willing to go over that much. Lucky chance is NULL."

I could never forget that it's sniper. I run a Drapion on my UU team (it doesn't use sniper, but whatevs). That reminds me...I should put that up; I need some advice on it anyway.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Did anyone else notice the inclusion of NU tier on Smogon? I really hope this means NU ladders, because I think those would be amazingly fun to play in. :D
Don't think so; it's been an unrated option for a long time but I don't think it's gonna be a ladder for a while...

But that would be incredibly fun...

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Don't think so; it's been an unrated option for a long time but I don't think it's gonna be a ladder for a while...

But that would be incredibly fun...
I knew that it was an unrated option, but it never made sense because they never actually had any Pokemon ranked as NU. Now though, out of absolutely nowhere, they suddenly have an entire group of NU Pokemon. o_O

It looks horribly unbalanced though...so many of them could wreck the NU tier just out of sheer power that it's not even funny. I mean, Tangrowth is in there. Tangrowth is much too good for that. I honestly would say that the only reason why it would sit there is because too many people are too noobish to figure out a way to use it, despite how much potential it has. Reaps proved that with his mono-grass team.

And that alone makes me question their methods for deciding on tiers. There were some other options in there as well that I couldn't believe, but that was the main one. Just because people don't generally use the Pokemon doesn't mean it's bad and deserves low tier. I know that's sort of what we do here for Smash, but we also have a lot less to work with compared to the near 500 Pokemon they have. They really need to find a new method...

woody72691

Smash Ace
ubers are all legendaries basicly right with the execpetion of garchomp and another one, idk why garchomp is up there but who cares, anyways what is a good sandstorm UU team?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
ubers are all legendaries basicly right with the execpetion of garchomp and another one, idk why garchomp is up there but who cares, anyways what is a good sandstorm UU team?
The other ones are Wobbuffet and Wynaut. And honestly, there's little chance that you could run a good sandstorm team in UU. Shaymin, Roserade, Milotic, Azumarill, Hitmontop, and Arcanine are all within your top 10, and Blaziken is in 11th. All of those will basically destroy some aspect of a sandstorm team, whether it be rock, ground, or steel. Rain dance/sunny day teams are usually easier to run and more common to find in UU.

c3gill

Smash Ace
The other ones are Wobbuffet and Wynaut. And honestly, there's little chance that you could run a good sandstorm team in UU. Shaymin, Roserade, Milotic, Azumarill, Hitmontop, and Arcanine are all within your top 10, and Blaziken is in 11th. All of those will basically destroy some aspect of a sandstorm team, whether it be rock, ground, or steel. Rain dance/sunny day teams are usually easier to run and more common to find in UU.
/lose for not mentioning hail. Hail is / has been the biggie in UU. This may soon change, with some stuff getting knocked back to a soon to be BL tier, but I still see hail = awesome in UU.

D

Deleted member

kingdomofthehearts_snucas said:

Pissed Bird (Made up by me :laugh:)
Dodrio@Leftovers
Early Bird/Run Away
293HP/288ATK/188SP
-FLY
-SWAGGER
-PROTECT
-HYPERBEAM

Start off with swagger. The point is to piss off your opponent by not letting them attack. Use fly in case they are able to get a move in, and then it will miss. Once Swagger wears off use protect and then the attack wont hit. Then use Swagger again, that will make them angry. Hyperbeam is for those moments where you just want to finish them off but be careful as you have to recharge of course.

~Other Options~
You can replace Hyperbeam for something less punishing afterward such as Aerial Ace.

~EV's~
Minimum lvl 100 293HP/288ATK/188SP for maximum strength and capability. Since this set is to make your opponent PO'd you shouldn't have trouble with the stats as being able to make that happen. You can speed him up a little if you prefer but it isn't recommended. If you wish to do this "extra speed" take the extra EV's out of attack.

~Troublesome Pokemon~
Any pokemon with major ice and/or electric attacks which are “SUPER EFFECTIVE!” Raichu and Glalie work well here. In some scenarios it is walled by types similar to his/her own. Watch for any moves that slow you down dramatically, like cotton spore and paralysis moves. Other than that also watch out for Rock moves which are “SUPER EFFECTIVE” as well.

How is that?

-KOTH
I don't get it.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Okay...well...first I think we need to fix your EV spread. You can only have a maximum of 510 EVs altogether, and a max of 255 can go in any one stat. For every 4 EVs in a specific stat, the Pokemon gets one extra stat point in the given stat by the time it reaches lvl 100. Because of this, your ideal for max EVs actually then becomes 252, because you'd never get the extra stat from 255 thanks to the fact that it'd be one short. Now, with that said...

As sad as it is to say...I get it. The only problem is that it is very very very risky and unreliable. And you know it's risky if I say so, because I love running slightly risky and unreliable sets like these. This set DOES have potential though as one of them risky sets, but you can't be expecting it in the form of what you have here. I would give advice on how to run it, but it's sort of hard to explain and I couldn't really give options for some of the things. All I can tell you is that it requires getting rid of fly and hyper beam for things like sub and pursuit, and that you need a slow baton passer of some type (if one even exists that isn't named Umbreon...I think it can only really BP curse, which wouldn't be of a lot of help outside of just beasting things with pursuit) that can also pass a sub and defense. Possibly even special defense, but I highly doubt you'll get both, so just take def. At the same time, you'll still be keeping your Dodrio fast enough to get out new subs before getting hit again (in case you do get stuck against a special sweeper). Your EV spread needs some changing too, obviously. :\

c3gill

Smash Ace
ok i get you are going with this but how do i know i got 4 EV's in that stat?
you EV train your pokemon, with only 4 EVs in whichever stat you want 4 EVs. no different than training for 212 EVs, or 120 EVs.

you know you have 4 EVs because.... thats how you trained it.

I cant help it if I think your funny when your mad
Okay...well...first I think we need to fix your EV spread. You can only have a maximum of 510 EVs altogether, and a max of 255 can go in any one stat. For every 4 EVs in a specific stat, the Pokemon gets one extra stat point in the given stat by the time it reaches lvl 100. Because of this, your ideal for max EVs actually then becomes 252, because you'd never get the extra stat from 255 thanks to the fact that it'd be one short. Now, with that said...

As sad as it is to say...I get it. The only problem is that it is very very very risky and unreliable. And you know it's risky if I say so, because I love running slightly risky and unreliable sets like these. This set DOES have potential though as one of them risky sets, but you can't be expecting it in the form of what you have here. I would give advice on how to run it, but it's sort of hard to explain and I couldn't really give options for some of the things. All I can tell you is that it requires getting rid of fly and hyper beam for things like sub and pursuit, and that you need a slow baton passer of some type (if one even exists that isn't named Umbreon...I think it can only really BP curse, which wouldn't be of a lot of help outside of just beasting things with pursuit) that can also pass a sub and defense. Possibly even special defense, but I highly doubt you'll get both, so just take def. At the same time, you'll still be keeping your Dodrio fast enough to get out new subs before getting hit again (in case you do get stuck against a special sweeper). Your EV spread needs some changing too, obviously. :\
Thank you so much for the advice! I am still new to explaining my Pokemons EV's because they seem hard to put into words for me. Any advice about that? I ma glad you get it and it is my first one so I am working on others. I am thinking about posting Pimeape soon.

-KOTH

D

Deleted member

I was looking to combine Dusknoir and Vaporeon as a means for a super bulky wish passer. This is what I came up with. It has better defenses on both sides, but it doesn't hit as hard and it doesn't beat gyarados. however, it is the bulkiest wishpasser I could come up with that is good against both physical and special attacks.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Sassy, Synchronize
252 HP / 4 Att / 252 Def
0 Spd IV
Wish
Yawn
Protect
Payback

this set yields 394 HP, 319 Def, and 325 Sp. Def. Pretty **** bulky. I need 1 attack so I don't get killed by taunt.

Ideas?

c3gill

Smash Ace
I really don't see why Taunt is that scary. Just switch lol.
taunt generally kills the purpose of any Umbreon set. If you taunt on the switch, Umbreon cant pass wish, cant yawn, cant BP, cant curse, no mean look, no protect....... thats about it. Umbreon generally only runs 1 attacking move- taunt locks Umbreon into either payback or switching, generally switching.

More than that, this gives your team 2 turns of switch damage, one on Umbreon and one on your switch, along with any damage. Either that, or it gives the taunting pokemon one free set up move... Gyarados is really going to appreciate that free DD, or Electrodes team is really going to love that free Rain Dance setup.

Its not always as simple as "just switch"

@ Umbreon's Umbreon:

I disagree- find a new set for Umbreon. If im running umbreon its going to be to mean look, switch and set up, becase i find that is its best set. Biggest reason not to run your set is too much stuff packs SE moves to Dark, not the lack of decency in your set.... but honestly, your set only really excells at wish passing- unless you are in dire need of only a wish passer, I would say avoid running that Umbreon :(.

Did you try Jirachi? steel/ psychic is pretty good typing, it is more offensive than Umbreon (people wont immediatly assume either wish or trap) so it can pack a punch, and still has decent enough defenses to take a hit and pull of the pass. its surprisingly fast at base 100, and will catch a lot of unsuspecting people offguard.

Honestly, to see exactly how effective your Umbreon is I would need to see the rest of your team, so if your interested in my full opinion, throw it in a PM to me.... :)

play my gyarados.
LOL, play my scarfnite.
OH ****, you just switched into Ice Fang. Damage: 99.07% - 116.67% before Life Orb. gg.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Did I tell you my set? nope.
EDIT: also, don't switch in on a taunt lol. unless ur an idiot.

c3gill

Smash Ace
i dont need to know the specifics of your set, i already know your running scarf, so your running at least 396 speed or else Umbreons Gyra will outspeed you after a Dragon Dance, and thats assuming a neutral nature on his Gyra. even if your running the bare minimum to outspeed and OHKO that Gyra, and the rest of your EVs are in Defense, you still get OHKOed by a LO Gyra using Ice Fang on the switch (more likely than you getting an OHKO on him).

I actually assumed a lot in your favor- but his chances are much better than yours, with you switching into him.

counter fails? :laugh:

Niiro

Smash Ace
i dont need to know the specifics of your set, i already know your running scarf, so your running at least 396 speed or else Umbreons Gyra will outspeed you after a Dragon Dance, and thats assuming a neutral nature on his Gyra. even if your running the bare minimum to outspeed and OHKO that Gyra, and the rest of your EVs are in Defense, you still get OHKOed by a LO Gyra using Ice Fang on the switch (more likely than you getting an OHKO on him).

I actually assumed a lot in your favor- but his chances are much better than yours, with you switching into him.

counter fails? :laugh:
Are you sure his set runs Ice Fang? Are you sure his set runs DD? Please don't assume anything.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Ill stop assuming- but im expecting you not to say stupid stuff like you would switch in a scarfed Dragonite into a Gyarados. It gets OHKOed on the switch too easily.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Ill stop assuming- but im expecting you not to say stupid stuff like you would switch in a scarfed Dragonite into a Gyarados. It gets OHKOed on the switch too easily.
lol i said that cuz I know mow's **** set xD. prior knowledge can go a long way.

D

Deleted member

Are you sure his set runs Ice Fang? Are you sure his set runs DD? Please don't assume anything.
I use DD and stone edge. you'd have to know exactly what I was going to do cause you can't switch into stone edge, build the set specifically to beat my gyarados (since scarfnite is never max speed), and either hope that stone edge misses or be set-up fodder after you KO it. Being set-up fodder against my team is a very, very bad thing. I win lots of matches based solely on the fact that my opponent uses choice scarf, it doesn't add any early-game or mid-game pressure at all, which is when you would be fighting it.

Top Bottom