• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy Pokedex Submissions

Niiro

Smash Ace
I use DD and stone edge. you'd have to know exactly what I was going to do cause you can't switch into stone edge, build the set specifically to beat my gyarados (since scarfnite is never max speed), and either hope that stone edge misses or be set-up fodder after you KO it. Being set-up fodder against my team is a very, very bad thing. I win lots of matches based solely on the fact that my opponent uses choice scarf, it doesn't add any early-game or mid-game pressure at all, which is when you would be fighting it.
>.> Screw you and your explanations. Mow, what set should I add for this Strat dex next? Typhlosion?

Niiro

Smash Ace
lol, why? That takes the fun out of making the set. I might make the Rotom forms sets here. CALLED IT *****ES.

Mewter

Smash Master
Hmm, considering Platinum is out, do we have a Giratina set yet?

D

Deleted member

>.> Screw you and your explanations. Mow, what set should I add for this Strat dex next? Typhlosion?
Milotic. You should know all about it since it served your *** :)

Anything you feel like tbh. I'll probably add one myself later.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Hmm, considering Platinum is out, do we have a Giratina set yet?
Why, no. We haven't. <.< We actually haven't done any Ubers apart from Garchomp.

I didn't notice it until today, but Mow, which Dex Entries did you delete and when? :confused: Just cuurious.

D

Deleted member

as if I know the sets I used vs you.

the only set I know is my gardevoir set, which is already posted.

Mewter

Smash Master
Why, no. We haven't. <.< We actually haven't done any Ubers apart from Garchomp.
If not, I'd like to help out, even though I don't know much about the competitive scene apart from EV's, IV's, moves and items, but I'll throw some ideas out there and give it a shot./run-on sentence

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If not, I'd like to help out, even though I don't know much about the competitive scene apart from EV's, IV's, moves and items, but I'll throw some ideas out there and give it a shot./run-on sentence
Give it a shot. ^.^ The worst we can do is flame critique you, so it's not like you have any reason not to. And speaking personally, I'm rather interested in what you can come up with. I like some of the ubers, and I've considered making a team out of them, but I have no knowledge at all, whatsoever, about any of the truly powerful ones (I never use them in-game...ever). So I know that it would be quite useful. :)

c3gill

Smash Ace
i think ima do an aerodactyl..... to be posted within the next 3 days, i plan on making it awesome, as Aero is one of my 3 favorite pokemon.

woody72691

Smash Ace
any good sinnoh final starters move set. i do have a great infernape moveset it has
earthquake flare blitz close combat heat wave.
whats a good nature and moveset for the other two??

WouW

Smash Lord
any good sinnoh final starters move set. i do have a great infernape moveset it has
Firstly, your infernape set sucks.

Torterra @ Choice Band
Adamant/Overgrow
252Atk/236Spe/20HP
Wood Hammer
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Filler (Superpower or something)

Torterra @ Life Orb
Adamant/Overgrow
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Rock Polish
Earthquake
Wood Hammer
Stone Edge;

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive/Blaze
64Atk/252SpA/192Spe
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast
Close Combat
Grass Knot/HP Ice

Infernape @ Focus Sash (lead)
Naive/Blaze
64Atk/252SpA/192Spe
Fake Out
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Close Combat;

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Modest/Torrent
12HP/252SpA/12SpD/232Spe
Agility
Substitute
Surf
Ice Beam/Grass Knot

Empoleon @ Life Orb
Modest/torrent
24HP/252SpA/232Spe
Agility
Surf
Grass Knot
Ice Beam

Seriously, you asked this same question last page and I answered there too.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You've got to be kidding me...
I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or just rather unobservant, but either way, I am at least going to speak for myself and say that if you post here again with requests like these, which are very easy to find, mind you, then I'm never answering any of your questions again. But for the sake of this last one, I have a link for you.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

Now, when you click on this link, I want you to immediately bookmark it on your browser. That will give you an easy way to check for basically ANY decent Pokemon movesets that you want. That will then eliminate your reason to even post in here asking such basic questions, so can we please get no more of that?

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
You've got to be kidding me...
I honestly can't tell if you're a troll or just rather unobservant, but either way, I am at least going to speak for myself and say that if you post here again with requests like these, which are very easy to find, mind you, then I'm never answering any of your questions again. But for the sake of this last one, I have a link for you.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/

Now, when you click on this link, I want you to immediately bookmark it on your browser. That will give you an easy way to check for basically ANY decent Pokemon movesets that you want. That will then eliminate your reason to even post in here asking such basic questions, so can we please get no more of that?
Lol:laugh:

This post should be stickied so this and the Q&A thread won't be filled up with useless questions.

In fact, I could throw together a basic list of links for common pokemon questions. Hmmm.... I might just do that.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Firstly, your infernape set sucks.
Not THAT bad lol. I used this set a hella long time ago, and it ***** pretty hard.
Infernape@LifeOrb
Jolly: Blaze
252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Close Combat
EarthQuake
Stone Edge
Flare Blitz

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Lol:laugh:

This post should be stickied so this and the Q&A thread won't be filled up with useless questions.

In fact, I could throw together a basic list of links for common pokemon questions. Hmmm.... I might just do that.
Glad to see that someone appreciates my work. :) At first I thought what I said was being quite harsh, but I reread it just now and feel that somehow, through all my frustration, I somehow came up with a rather legitimate post saying exactly what he needed while getting my point of "Take your stupid questions elsewhere" across, and all without flaming him too badly. I officially have impressed even myself. o_o

Not THAT bad lol. I used this set a hella long time ago, and it ***** pretty hard.
Infernape@LifeOrb
Jolly: Blaze
252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Close Combat
EarthQuake
Stone Edge
Flare Blitz
I still don't understand the point of Flare Blitz on a Nape carrying LO...can someone please explain to me how this is good to do anything but kill yourself at possibly unneeded times? Well, and take out lead Zong...but other than that, I see no true purpose. So please explain?

Mewter

Smash Master
Just as an idea, would it be even better to scarf/band it so that you can either outrun another poke and get in some attacks in, or is that just a good way to get switched on and KO'd?

Niiro

Smash Ace
I still don't understand the point of Flare Blitz on a Nape carrying LO...can someone please explain to me how this is good to do anything but kill yourself at possibly unneeded times? Well, and take out lead Zong...but other than that, I see no true purpose. So please explain?
Does tons of damage. Like a ****load. Can almost 2hko Skarm i think.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Just as an idea, would it be even better to scarf/band it so that you can either outrun another poke and get in some attacks in, or is that just a good way to get switched on and KO'd?
The problem with doing this on Infernape is that he's a glass cannon and shouldn't be allowed to take SR damage, so he's generally put in for a lead. And at that position you don't know what your opponent's team is going to have to make good predictions on your choice, so you'd have to either take your chances with the first turn and attack or play a mindgame of switching him out immediately and putting something much more potent in that could possibly counter their counter, which is still a game of rock paper scissors. And those would both be alright, but switching it back in to do something is really risky thanks to SR.

If you're running a good spinner on your team, however, then this idea is really good, and you could even put Infernape on some random place on your team, making him good for sweeping in the late-game.

Does tons of damage. Like a ****load. Can almost 2hko Skarm i think.
Hmm...alright. I guess I can see that. I still believe it's too situational to have good, practical uses, but I can easily accept that as a legitimate point. It'd probably be better than fire blast on a set like that in the very least, if I had to say so.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Hmm...alright. I guess I can see that. I still believe it's too situational to have good, practical uses, but I can easily accept that as a legitimate point. It'd probably be better than fire blast on a set like that in the very least, if I had to say so.
Tell me how many physical pokes can OHKO Blissey and Skarm? Using physical moves. Not very many. Thats the only reason I used that anyways lol.
The problem with doing this on Infernape is that he's a glass cannon and shouldn't be allowed to take SR damage, so he's generally put in for a lead. And at that position you don't know what your opponent's team is going to have to make good predictions on your choice, so you'd have to either take your chances with the first turn and attack or play a mindgame of switching him out immediately and putting something much more potent in that could possibly counter their counter, which is still a game of rock paper scissors. And those would both be alright, but switching it back in to do something is really risky thanks to SR.

If you're running a good spinner on your team, however, then this idea is really good, and you could even put Infernape on some random place on your team, making him good for sweeping in the late-game.
You are forgetting something very important.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
I've made the pokemon FAQ. Hopefully the easier questions will be answered there.

EDIT: Now timssu won't have to yell at anyone again XD.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
this is the metagross Im currently using on my team right now, and was wondering if it would be good to add to the metagross section.....

It doesn't have a name yet:ohwell:

metagross@expert belt
adamant/clear body
152HP/252Atk/104 speed
~meteor mash
~EQ
~agility
~t-punch

yeah another agility option

comments?

WouW

Smash Lord
Aside from a few EV and item changes, the same set is already on the Metagross section:

Umbreon said:
Metagross @ Life Orb
Clear Body / Adamant
124 HP / 252 Att / 132 Spd
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Explosion / Ice Punch / Thunder Punch / Substitute
Agility / Rock Polish
I don't think these changes are big enough to list as a completely different set.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Aside from a few EV and item changes, the same set is already on the Metagross section:

I don't think these changes are big enough to list as a completely different set.
OK, I understand. So should it be in Other options for the Agility set?

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
You are forgetting something very important.
I did? :\ What did I forget? I never use Infernape personally (I believe I said this some other time, but flaming monkeys sort of scare me...actually, I use none of the monkey Pokemon in the game tbh), so chances are that I forgot a few things. After all, I'm only going off of simple observation when other people use it...

Mewter

Smash Master
How does this look?

Giratina@Leftovers
252 HP/ 125 Sp Attack/127 Sp Defense
Timid
Rest
Sleep Talk
Dark Pulse/Earthpower
Willowisp/thunderwave

Mewter

Smash Master
Care to explain the EVs, Nature, Dark Pulse (Shadow Ball has the same coverage but with STAB) , Earth Power and Thunder Wave?
Basically the entire poke is that bad?:laugh:
Okay, I'll look into it more. I was just thinking in case he comes up against a normal type...(even though there are none in uber that I know of...)

How about this one?
Giratina@Leftovers
252 HP/ 252 Def
Calm/Sassy(-Atk +Sp Def/-Speed + Sp Def) Calm is probably better.
Rest
Sleep Talk
Shadow Ball/Dragon Pulse
Willowisp

A special wall capable of dealing status problems and causing problems for the other team using willowisp. Since it has sleeptalk, it has an even greater advantage when resting, and along with some STAB moves, it can take down other pokes. Special Ubers will have some trouble getting past it, and willowisp decreases Att anyways, so that may help with physical pokes.

EditL Hmm, this seems a bit similar to the giratina on serebii...

Niiro

Smash Ace
I did? :\ What did I forget? I never use Infernape personally (I believe I said this some other time, but flaming monkeys sort of scare me...actually, I use none of the monkey Pokemon in the game tbh), so chances are that I forgot a few things. After all, I'm only going off of simple observation when other people use it...
Scizor. Come on. it is kinda hard to sweep when SD Punch ohkos you

Mewter

Smash Master
I didn't say it was bad, I said that I wanted an explanation.
Earth Power for dialga, thunderwave is almost an equal and suitable substitute for willowisp, I believe.
Also, I was thinking dark pulse for whatever reason(flinch, I believe)
And Timid was to raise its speed so it can get that t-wave in. Just hope Groudons don't start popping up.:laugh:
I gave it huge defense EV boosts so that it would last longer, too.

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
For the Blissey I use it has a calm nature. Natural Cure ability. I didn't necessarily follow smogon on the recommended EV distribution. I did 252 HP/252 Def/6 Sp Def

Basically, I thought I could get the whopping 714 HP but I ended up with 707 haha

Even if it doesn't look like the ideal Blissey, it has done well in matches I've had. For its moveset I have

Calm Mind
Sofboiled
Toxic
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt

Sometimes i trade Toxic for T-Wave. Btw, fighting good Milotic can be a long process with Blissey

drcossack

Smash Ace
Mewter: I already PM'ed you about this, but in case you somehow miss that:

Your Giratina-O moveset can't work because of the held item. Platinum/Griseous Orb is what allows it to be in Origin Forme. It's not a bad moveset though.

D

Deleted member

[04:24] Jesse M: LMAOOO
[04:24] Jesse M: im playing this kid
[04:24] MycatgoesMow: yeah?
[04:24] Jesse M: and he got 3 agilities off with scizor
[04:24] Jesse M: so i say
[04:24] Jesse M: uggh gg cuz my metoer mash missed and hes at full health
[04:24] Jesse M: so i switch to bronzong, he does something, idk
[04:24] Jesse M: then i explode leaving him at 7
[04:24] Jesse M: then come in with meta and bullet punch
[04:25] Jesse M: and i say
[04:25] Jesse M: phew
[04:25] Jesse M: im glad you're bad
[04:25] Jesse M: LMAO

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Who uses Agility on Scizor?

Jirachi@Leftovers
Bold/Serene Grace
252Hp/76Def/180Spde
-Cosmic Power
-Wish
-Charge Beam
-Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon

Cosmic Wall Jirachi. Become stupid impossible to kill, heal with Wish, and when suitibly defensive, begin increasing your own power with Charge Beam. Shadow Ball or Flash Cannon in the last slots for the enevitable special wall. Shadow Ball has a higher SpDef drop rate at 40% but Flash Cannon has STAB and can hit Blissey.

Why did this not exist before?

Niiro

Smash Ace
Who uses Agility on Scizor?

Jirachi@Leftovers
Bold/Serene Grace
252Hp/76Def/180Spde
-Cosmic Power
-Wish
-Charge Beam
-Shadow Ball/Flash Cannon

Cosmic Wall Jirachi. Become stupid impossible to kill, heal with Wish, and when suitibly defensive, begin increasing your own power with Charge Beam. Shadow Ball or Flash Cannon in the last slots for the enevitable special wall. Shadow Ball has a higher SpDef drop rate at 40% but Flash Cannon has STAB and can hit Blissey.

Why did this not exist before?
It only works if your opponent is ********. or if you mean look pass then encore a poke locked in toxic >.>

Top Bottom