• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy Pokedex Submissions

D

Deleted member

seismic toss in the current environment is a joke.

if you don't max speed, you lose to other skymins.

I expect this guy to be banned soon.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
To everyone posting one set: Great job. Your set is perfectly formatted, but if you want it to make it into the strategy pokedex you're going to need to post at least 2 more sets. 3 is the minimum amount required to be submitted to the Poke Center.

This project is almost really underway. I'm getting really excited guys.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
To everyone posting one set: Great job. Your set is perfectly formatted, but if you want it to make it into the strategy pokedex you're going to need to post at least 2 more sets. 3 is the minimum amount required to be submitted to the Poke Center.

This project is almost really underway. I'm getting really excited guys.
Is my Armaldo post alright?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Awesome :)

My week is sort of full with work and family and such but when I get some time I'll start going through old Smogon sets and rework them for the platinum metagame as well as post a few other random sets I have up my sleeve.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
cool, it's finally up, ill put up a lickilicky one my friend told me about that is pretty good.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Before you do that Z, ask him what "EVs" are. If he says something like "The thing that has lots of evolutions," don't post it, 'kay?
he's supposed to be the best pokemon player in the city we live in, so yes he knows what EV's IV's are and knows about items and all that fancy stuff.

ill update it on my previous post on page 2

chubb-o-wub

Smash Journeyman
I would like to put Shaymin (both forms) in the StratDex.

SeedHax (Sky Form)
Skymin@Leftovers
Serene Grace//Modest/Timid
EV/ 252 HP/ 236 Speed/ 20 Spatk (Timid)
EV/ 252 HP/ 244 Spd/ 12 Spatk (Modest)
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Air Slash
-Secret Power/other move

Not quite like the Parahax from Togekiss or Dunsparce, but it's the fastest Subseeder in the game, and has Air Slash to keep fellow Grass Pokemon away. Also has access to 101 Subs to Subseed Blissey and Hopefully heal enough for another Sub when it manages to take yours down. Secret Power is there because in WiFi Battles, it inflicts Paralysis, and with a 60% chance of doing so, who wouldn't? So it gets free healing with the flinch, paralysis, and if they manage to attack, they'll only have a chance at breaking your Sub, which then you get to put another one up. Those EVs are depended on what nature. Modest with the EVs provided set it at 351, outspeeing +Speed nature, 252 EV Pokemon at 110 base speed(Gengar and co.) by one point, assuming you have max IVs in Speed and HP to provide the 101 Subs. The Timid set it at a speed of 384, outspeeding the likes of Weavile and Swellow running +Speed nature and 252 EVs by one point. You can alter the speed to whatever you like, just dump the rest into Spatk. And if you don't like the paraflinch thing, you can use Seed Flare/Earth Power/HP Fight or Ice. This is off the top of my head :)

Specs/Scarfmin (Sky Forme)
Skymin@Choice Scarf/Specs
Serene Grace//Modest/Timid
EV/ 252 Spatk/ 252 Spd/ 4 HP
-Seed Flare/Energy Ball
-Air Slash
-Earth Power
-HP (Fire/Ice)

Simple Specs/Scarf set. Seed Flare for power and a chance to lower Spdef, or Energy Ball for more PP and accuracy. Air Slash for coverage, same for Earth Power. And HP Fire to get what the three other moves can't: Levitate Bronzong, Skarmory, and Zapdos. Or HP Ice if you don't like dragons. Leaf Storm isn't shown because Seed Flare can be used. So why go for a little more power with a big Spatk drop, when you can get your unique move that works like a Grass type Fire Blast and can lower the opponents' Spdef?

Support (Land Forme)
Shaymin@Leftovers
Natural Cure//Bold
EV/ 252 HP/ 252 Def/ 6 Speed
-Seed Flare/Energy Ball/Grass Knot
-Aromatheraphy
-Rest/Leech Seed/Synthesis
-Grasswhistle/HP (Fire/Ice)/Leech Seed/Earth Power

In my opinion, this is the moveset that Land Form does better than the Sky Form, but is usually compared to Celebi. But there's Seed Flare, Aromatheraphy, and Grasswhistle that Celebi doesn't. Seed Flare is what you should choose, but there's Energy Ball for PP and accuracy, and Grass Knot for 120 power on heavier foes. Aromatheraphy to rid your team of status. Choose your form of healing in the forms of Rest, where you switch out afterwards to cure the sleep, then Leech Seed if you want to force switches and heal somewhat (use with Spike/SR support), or Synthesis if you like that. Then choose HP Fire or Ice like the other movesets, Earth Power for Fire Pokemon, or Leech Seed if you want it that bad.

Subseed (Land Form)
Shaymin@Leftovers
Natural Cure//Timid
EV/ 252 HP/ 252 Speed/ 4 Spatk
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Seed Flare
-HP Fire/Ice/Earth Power/Air Slash

It's the other form trying the Subseed now. It has better defenses, so the Subs are a little harder to break. Seed Flare to make some more switches and more damage, and the HP of your choice. Fire to kill incoming Scizor and other Steels not named Heatran, Earth Power for Heatran, Tyranitar, and others weak to it (watch out for Flyers!) or HP Ice for other Grasses and dragons.

Extra Options
You could try a physical set with the sky form, but it should be mixed. Just slap a Naive/Hasty nature for Speed or Lonely/Naughty for Attack, Life Orb, 252 Att and 252 Speed EVs, Seed Bomb, Zen Headbutt, Return, Swords Dance, Seed Flare, or Natural Gift if you need something taken care of. But it does special attacks better, so it's novelty and very suprising. Other than that, Celebi is better most of the time, and if you use Shaymin, it's going to be the Sky Form because it's just better. Another thing, this Pokemon tends to cause switching, so please have Spikes and/or Stealth Rock support. Maybe a little Toxic Spikes as well.

EV Explanations
-The SeedHax EV spreads are explained, but there are other milestones you can drop to. 228 EVs in Speed and Modest get you 347, which is one above Infernape's max Speed. Then you can run 216 EVs in Speed and Modest to go past Scarf users with base Speed of 55 with max Speed. But you really shouldn't. The HP is explained in the SeedHax set and applies for the Land Subseed.
-Support should run max HP and Def, because other Pokemon take Special hits better.
-The Choice set should run max Spatk and Speed unless if you are insane.

Troublesome Pokemon
If you don't have Earth Power, Heatran walks all over you. Without HP Ice, Dragonite and Salamence and Skymin think of you like a walking salad. Not having HP Fire leaves you vulnerable to Skarmory and Scizor, and walled by Bronzong. When you're running Specs and Scarf, look out for Cresselia and Blissey, they may have Ice Beam. If there's no Sub up for Skymin, Weavile and Mamoswine have Ice Shard to take you down. And U-turners will be a nuisance to the Subseeding sets.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
A_man, you should put in one if yours, really your not that bad. I know, your cacturne set:)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo's Butterfree

One of the teams I make is a "favorites team" where I use my favorite pokemon regardless of evolutionary level, stats, or tiers. Butterfree is one of my favorite pokemon, and have made a couple of sets to try to make it the best it can be.

Chibofree
Butterfree @ Focus Sash
Nature: Modest
Ability: Compoundeyes
EVs: 252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 4 SDef
  • Sleep Powder
  • Dream Eater
  • Tailwind
  • Bug Buzz

I can't think of a better name for this pokemon -_- so I'll stick with Chibofree. It's a set I made up for it that I use whenever I have it on my team. I particularly like using it on Gengar. A lot of things OHKO Butterfree, so that's why there's a focus sash. Because of this though, don't switch your Butterfree onto an opponent (unless your out of your sash or can predict your opponent not attacking). Use Tailwind so you're faster next turn. Sleep Powder will then hit cause of Compound Eyes, and then Dream Eat your way back to full health, which is also if I'm not mistaken a 2HKO (maybe 3) on Gengar. Bug Buzz is there for an extra attack in case you need it.

Note: You can swap out your Speed EVs for something else. Speed isn't needed in the Dream Eater setup because of Tailwind, but is nice to have if you instead want to come in and attack (semi) fast with Bug Buzz. I use Mild nature to increase it's SAtk even higher (as that also helps you recover HP faster), in trade for lowering it's unneeded attack.

Chibofree Modified
Butterfree @ Focus Sash
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Def
  • Tailwind
  • Sleep Powder
  • Supersonic
  • Roost

Based off the Gengar Counter set with the Tailwind Sleep Powder setup, I instead use other moves for setups and stalling. I set up the EVs in this one to survive longer, especially against special attackers.

Wallfree
Butterfree @ Leftovers
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Def
  • Iron Defense
  • Roost
  • Bug Buzz
  • Sleep Powder

I tried to turn Butterfree into a mixed wall with this set. Butterfree already has almost decent SDef, so I work into boosting Def similar to a strong Def Slowbro boosting it's SDef with Calm Mind. Butterfree can learn Iron Defense because of Metapod.

The set is mainly based around Iron Defense and Roost. You can then either use Bug Buzz and Sleep Powder for extra walling with Sleep status and Butterfree's strongest STAB attack, or perhaps switch it to Protect and Toxic, however in that case if you're up against a Steel or Poison pokemon, you can't do anything.

You can try out U-turn on Butterfree after setting up with a Tailwind, which won't do much because of Butterfree's low attack, but it still does some damage while switching out to someone who can take advantage of Tailwind's speed increase. This can be good to finish off a near dead opponent or destroy someone's use of Focus Sash. A lot of people will try to make Butterfree into a lead special attacker, but I feel it really isn't that effective with sub-par HP and Def, and Speed that isn't that impressive. I think it benefits more from it's status and helping moves.

EVs aren't that important on such weak pokemon. Especially since the first two sets rely heavily on focus sash, it's important to just focus on raising your special attack and speed. The only difference is the Wallfree, which puts EVs into special defense as your defense will be fine with Iron Defense.

Watch out for weather effects like Hail or Sandstorm as they ruin my common Focus Sash setup. Also be careful of any pokemon with a quick strike move like Quick Atk or Extremespeed as they will finish you off before you're Sleep Powder. Butterfree can barely compete in an OU environment as a lot of pokemon will have resistances or go be average against the Bug or Psychic move it may have. Additionally, Butterfree has low HP and Def, so watch out for any physical attacks (that are not-not very effective) and any Rock moves.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Why don't you post it?
....because I suck. I know the basics and understand everything (unlike some people think >_>) but I'm not really up to date on whats good in the "meta-game". I don't want to post a moveset and find it gets ***** by all the good chars :p

-:bowser:Bowser King

karthik_king

Smash Ace
that is really good. And I think everyone is smart enough to know that that Dragonite on page 4 will never be a possibility

dragonite
dragon type
a powerful tha-
t soars in the sky with its strong wings
fly
surf
hyper beam
dragon claw
[Extra Options]
:mad::mad::mad::mad:What did you do to him/her:confused::(

I mean come on. You did not even give Ev's or items or what the set is called and the moves are crap too. A Skarmory would completely wall you.

Dragonite during the first generation was one of the greatest pokemon to use. Third only to Mewtwo and Alakazam in special/atk in its power. And was pretty powerful and the only dragon type evo line in the game. In the second gen it was still the best dragon in the game. But here comes the third gen and Salamence comes with a higher atk and sp atk and equal speed. And suddenly Dragonite is not that special. Well in my mind dragonite is still great.

Here are my Dragonite sets

DDnite@Yache Berry/ Leftovers/ Life Orb
Ev's 252 Speed 252 Attack 4 HP
Ability Inner Focus
Nature Adamant/Jolly (Adamant being preferred

Dragon Dance
Outrage/Dragon Claw
EQ
Fire Punch/Roost/Thunder Punch

SpecsNite- (lol specsmence sounds so much better) @ Choice Specs
Evs 252 SpAtk 198 Speeed 64 Atk
Nature Mild/Rash

Draco Meteor
Focus Punch/Superpower-if salamence gets this move ever I will kill nintendo
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Thunderbolt/ Dragon Pulse

BandNite@Choice Band
Ev's 252 Speed 252 Attack 4 HP
Ability Inner Focus
Nature Adamant/Jolly

SuperPower/Focus Punch
Outrage/Dragon Claw
Thunder Punch/ Fire Punch
EQ

ScarfNite@Choice Scarf
Ev's 252 Speed 252 Attack 4 SPAtk/Switch Atk with SpAtk
Ability Inner Focus
Nature Hasty/Naive If you are going with second set of evs go with lonely or naughty

Draco Meteor
Outrage
EQ/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/SuperPower/Elemental Punches(Possible Atk vs SpAtk)
EQ/Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/SuperPower/Elemental Punches(and what you face alot)

Support
Evs 252 HP 96 Def 56 Speed 104 SpDef
Ability Inner Focus
Nature Careful

Roost
TWave
Light Screen/Heal Bell
Dragon Claw

Other Options

Surf could help on hitting heatran harder on choice specs set and give you coverage for rock ground and other fire types

Ice Beam is also usable to hit Dragon Flying types 4x other flying types ground types grass types and you can get rid of that skymin

Toxic you could swap it for Twave but when facing steel types it is not worth it

Safeguard also works for Support and protects you from status

Aerial Ace Gets STAB but has terrible type coverage and low base power. Rule of thumb do not use under base 80 power moves. Exceptions non damaging moves and hidden power

Roost+life orb also works well but so many comboes you can have. Not worth listing them.

How to counter

Ice moves. Talk about an achilles heel. So many pokemon have the same problem. However use bulky pokemon when facing it or you are faster than it or you will be destroyed.
Great Counters Swampert Milotic other bulky waters Mamoswine Weavile (the last two are better revenge killers)
Stealth Rock has also been a pain for this guy too. All in all this is a great pokemon who can land a huge hit on most pokemon thanks to its movepool and stats.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Chibo's Slowbro

Ever since I made my first competitive team in RSE I have always used a Slowbro. When I later found out that Slowbro was in BL and not OU tier I was shocked at how such a great pokemon wasn't considered to be one of the best.

CMBro aka Bro ****
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 212 HP, 252 Def, 44 SAtk
  • Calm Mind
  • Slack Off
  • Surf
  • Grass Knot

Slowbro is amazing. Do not let this guy get setup or it's gonna be absolute hell to take him down. Once Slowbro gets even one Calm Mind in (but I personally like to get 6 just in spite of my opponent :laugh: ) he boosts his SDef which along with his already great Def and recovery move makes him a great mixed wall, and gives him awesome special power with a STAB'd Surf. Slowbro's resistances are very nice from predictable moves. It's generally quite easy to guess when you're opponent is going to use something like a Fire, Psychic, or Fighting attack (among others) which gives Slowbro a safe switch in. Goodbye Infernape!

For you're secondary attack, my personal choice is Grass Knot, which will unfortunately leave you open to Grass type PKMN (But the only OU Grass types are Celebi and Breloom), but instead gives you the upper hand against other strong water types like Vaporeon, Milotic, Swampert, Suicune, and more. If you don't want to use Grass Knot, Psychic or Signal Beam are your best options. Only three types are resistant to Water, and Psychic provides a good STAB that none of them resist, or you can opt for Signal Beam, which doesn't offer STAB, but instead is Super Effective on Grass, Psychic, and Dark, three types Water isn't Super Effective against.

Belly Bro
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk
  • Belly Drum
  • Zen Headbutt
  • Slack Off
  • Trick Room

Slowbro is one of the few viable Pokemon that learn Trick Room, and I wanted to try to make it work. Big problem though, his speed sucks. So I combine the use of Belly Drum and Trick Room, along with Slack Off to keep him safe. Only problem here is though that it leaves room for only one attack where I choose Zen Headbutt. Watch out for Dark types.

Belly Drum is ridiculous... It maxes out your physical attack in exchange for half of your HP. Sure it's a big trade off, but giving Slowbro potentially over 800 Atk is awesome. Lead off with Trick Room, recover any HP you might have lost with Slack Off, then hope you can pull off the Belly Drum without dying (you probably won't). I bump up both of his Defenses and HP to make sure he lives. He doesn't need any additional attack with it being at 300% already with the Drum.

WICDA (What your opponent yells when he fights this - "Wow I can't do anything!")
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP, 252 SDef, 4 Atk
  • Thunderwave
  • Disable
  • Dive
  • Block

Slowbro doesn't have too many options for different movesets, and that said it was tough making a 3rd set. I've never tried this, but I wanted to make a set that's completely based around crippling your opponent and it seems interesting. He's good in defenses though he lacks his standard recovery move.

Block them from escaping, Thunderwave them so they're slow and can't attack sometimes, then Dive so every other attack misses and you still do some reliable damage. I don't think I've ever seen Disable used in competitive play (maybe there's a reason why...) but it seems funny to use since people will especially be spamming their main kill move against this Slowbro to take it out after they get paralyzed and blocked. Leftovers also recovers a good amount for you with using Dive a lot.

Slowbro doesn't have many other options. You can mix up some of the sets like adding Thunderwave on a sweeper to help buy you time to Calm Mind, or try out Yawn.

While Slowbro can win almost any stall match, you need to be careful against Bronzong as they tend to have the upper hand. Slowbro is also very bad going in against opponents who already have stat increases like Dragon Dancers. Grass pokemon also have the advantage overall, especially Breloom.

A_man13

Smash Master
Cacturne

C.R.A.P. (Counters, revenges, and punches)
Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Sand Veil: Lonely
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 speed
Counter
Sucker Punch
Destiny Bond
Focus Punch/ Seed Bomb

Anything that has low defensive capabilities and counter has the capability of doing a somewhat good job counter killing. Counter first thing then sucker punch and you should kill with some exceptions (see troublesome pokes). If you are pit against a special sweeper, Destiny Bond and, unless they decide to stall, they die. The last movespot is up to choice. Focus punch is great for dealing with walls like blissey and normal types, while seed bomb is good for secondary stab and dealing with water types (which also carry a super effective ice move likely).

Dancing punch
Cacturne @ Adament
Sand Veil: Adament
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Sword Dance
Focus Punch
Sucker Punch
Seed Bomb/ Substitute

This is the most standard moveset you could use and one of the more preferred sets. Switch out on a wall, then either SD to increase the amount of damage you can do or substitute if you decide to use that. Then choose either one of your punches; Sucker Punch if you expect an attack, Focus punch if you expect a setup, status, or you are safely behind a substitute.

If you want, you can use Seed Bomb. Frankly the best use is if you don’t have the HP to set up substitute. Focus sash could also easily work if you decide to use seed bomb over substitute.

Ima be a hyper irritating Cacturne now
Cacturne @ Bright powder
Substitute
Leech Seed
Focus Punch
Sucker Punch

My famous Cacturne that I know you are at least somewhat familiar with. This only works well on sandstorm teams and is amazingly potent if you use it right (and you get lucky). Substitute and unleash your barrage of punches, leech seeding if you ever have the need. The advantage to this is that, with dual accuracy drops, you can keep your substitute amazingly long, meaning you don’t have to fear you getting killed and can unleash focus punch after focus punch.

This can easily work without sandstorm support; it just requires you to put up substitute more often. Leftovers are also a considerable item option as you will be losing your substitute much more often.

Extra Options:

Sandstorm: works great with his ability, but you’d be better leaving it to another poke to set up as a wasted turn could easily mean murder.

Thunder Punch: Good for getting a super effective hit against flying and water types (and most notably gyrados). Grass already deals with most water types (sans Swampert and the ground/water types) and and the only real common flying types are Gyrados and Skamory, both of which are dealt with by Focus Punch and Seed Bomb.

Brick Break and Drain Punch: Preferred for dealing with pokes whether attacking or not. Drain punch can also act as a substitute for Leech seed guaranteeing a bit more attack, but requiring constant use. Focus Punch hits a ton harder and the only excuse for not using it is if you are using the counter setup.

Life orb: If you sacrifice one of your setup moves (and likely focus punch) for another option, this can be effective. Just be aware that you’ll live a lot shorter when you take damage every single turn

EVs:
Attack and Speed should be top priority, though a strong HP boost could be beneficial on a more defensive set.

Troublesome Pokemon:
Most ghost types (but most notably Dusknoir) can be a pain in the rear to deal with (bearing in mind Sucker Punch hits super-effective) as they are immune to Focus punch and Counter. Dusknoir often knows brick break and either fire or ice punch; all 3 of which hit super effective. Add in priority and it ain’t pretty. All it really has to look out for is sucker punch.

Scizor is also a huge threat. That 4x bug resistance isn’t looking good on its resume and stabbed x-scissor can be a pain in the rear to deal with. It also has priority and a better overall speed stat, meaning if it comes down to minimal HP it will likely BP you to your grave.

Aboamasnow, though a bit less common, stops any weather currently in place and sets in hail, shutting down any sandstorm based setups as well as effectively thwarting counter-sash. It also has stabbed ice and often a fighting move thrown in.

Cacturne has several elemental weaknesses plus a mediocre defense stat. Anything with a fire, bug, ice, fighting, flying, or poison move or ghost types (as they are immune to at least one of its moves) can easily switch in and deal with it. Just be weary of counter and any tricks it has up its sleeve. It’s a gimmick-y poke, so the key is to shut it down early and try to remove any possible ways it can perform em.

Not perfect, but zrky suggested I should, so here it is.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
YAY, you put it in, did the dusknoir counter come from me or just a general inference?

A_man13

Smash Master
YAY, you put it in, did the dusknoir counter come from me or just a general inference?
General infereance. I know it can be a pain in the rear sometimes. The other two are probably more threatening, though.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
A lonely scyther with X-scissor (for example) could severely kill caturne out speeding and with a low defese you is dead.

yes gardevoir has been made.

A_man13

Smash Master
yup. Anything can kill it, it's mostly getting around the whole sub up, then punch punch punch.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

Before I started using my current Bronzong lead I messed around with a few other leads, the predominant one being Smeargle(cus, lets face it, it can learn everything forever)

Suicide Passer

Smeargle@Focus Sash
Jolly/Own Tempo
252Spe/252Atk/4Hp
-Stealth Rocks
-Spore
-Agility
-Baton Pass/Explosion

This set either works amazingly or fails right off the bat. Ideally, your opponents lead is slower than you and things go like this. Turn 1, you spore. Turn 2 you agility as they switch to something that isn't asleep and turn 3 you Stealth Rock as they take you down to 1 Hp. Turn 4 you BP to something that would really enjoy +2 Speed(Like Medicham or Marowak) If it works you've successfully crippled their lead and brought in an amazingly powerful sweeper. On the other hand, things could go like this: Turn 1; your opponent is faster than you and has taunt. GG smeargle. It's for this reason BP can be dropped for Explosion as at the very least you can take a huge chunk out of your opponents lead. Interestingly enough, explosion still works well even if you do get the spore lead as whatever comes in on you will be slower than you and can still just explode in its face.

I hate everything

Smeargle@Choice Scarf
Jolly/Own Tempo
252Spe/252Atk/4Hp
-Spore
-Trick
-Thunder Wave
-Explosion

This set is made to just be gay. The idea is to lead with it and sleep your opponent no matter what, sporting a cool 400+ Speed stat ouspeeding everything except Jolly Electrode(and Ninjask) This stops any form of suicide lead in its tracks, and generally just ****s with whatever your opponent hopes to do with his lead. From there its just a matter of bringing this guy in randomly to screw with your opponents team. Bring it in on walls like Blissey or Cresselia(Especially the sleep talk kind) and throw them a scarf. From there feel free to Twave whatever comes in and then explode as your job as done. This set is really amazing for what it does and can really screw with your opponent. It beats pretty much every lead out there as the only thing faster than it is other scarfers which generally lead with Trick anyways.

Endeavor Lead a.k.a lolmindgames

Smeargle(Lvl 1)@Focus Sash
Adamant/Own Tempo
-Endeavor
-Dragon Rage
-Spore
-Extreme Speed

Really, this set only needs 2 moves as its all that ever really seems to get used. Lead up against basically anything and just endeavor right away. Suicide leads will almost always Taunt right away and at level 1 you'll take their health down so low they'll often jump the gun and use Stealth Rocks(at which point you Dragon Rage away their extra health) from there it's just a matter of Focus Sashing whatever comes in. If you haven't been taunted you can Spore them and hope they stay asleep long enough for an Endeavor/Dragon Rage combo. Extreme Speed is there as a priority move to hit non leftovers pokemon after you take them down to one HP and guarantees at least on kill.

Standard Smeargle

Smeargle@Lum Berry/Leftovers
Jolly/Own Tempo
252Spe
-Spore
-Ingrain
-Substitute
-Baton Pass

Standard Ingrain Passing Smeargle, keeps your baton pass chain safe from Phazers like Skarmory and Hippowdon. I didn't bother adding any EV's other than Speed as Smeargle can't take any hits whatsoever without dying instantly so any defensive EV's would really just be a joke, however if you think there is some use for them(Maybe to help you survive a Luvdisc Surf) feel free to add them wherever you see fit.

Belly Pass

Smeargle@Salac Berry
Jolly/Own Tempo
244Hp/12Def/252Spe
-Spore
-Substitute
-Belly Drum
-Baton Pass

Come in on something slower than you and Spore. Sub on the switch, belly drum as they break your sub, taking you down to 25% health activating your Salac Berry and pass a +6/+1 boost to something that will gladly sweep everything. Medicham is a good choice as it can kill just about everything in the game with one hit, but with more priority moves than ever nowadays it may be a better idea to switch to something that can take a hit like Gyarados or something that has a priority move of its own like Azumarill.

[Other Options]

Despite learning just about every move in the game, there's not much. It can Mean Look/Spider Web pass as well as pass a Nasty Plot but with its ultra low stats there's really not much it can do other than support.

[EV's]

Speed is really the only thing that matters to Smeargle. As you can see, I left the EV's on the Lvl 1 set untouched as a lvl 1 pokemon technically can't have EV increased stats at all, and even on simulators the added bonus wont actually help. All you ever really have to worry about is maxing speed. From there, if you're using Explosion just max Attack. The EV's on Belly Pass set are set to allow you to activate Salac Berry after a single Substitute and Belly Drum.

[Counters]

Taunt. And Priority moves. And sleep talk. With Priority and Taunt more common than ever poor old smeargle is left a bit in limbo. Scizor, Mamoswine, Donphan, really anything with a priority move can ruin him. Sleep Talk Cressy can absorb spore and take an Explosion pretty well and Sleep Talk Spiritomb has the bonus of being outright immune to Explosion. Honchkrow is immune spore, but its Sucker Punch is invalidated by the fact that, for the most part, Smeargle wont be attacking. For the I Hate Everyone set anything that absorbs status' well can help.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Another one to add:

Screener
Gardevoir@Light Clay
Timid/Trace
160Hp/252Def/96Spe
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-HP Ground/Wish
-Wish/Thunder Wave/Thunderbolt/Protect

With Deoxys-S banned into ubers there's some new pokemon looking to fill the hole. This is my variation and it's worked quite well at this point. Trace is amazing on this Gardevoir as it lets you switch in on many types of pokemon with ease like Heatran and Vaporeon. In fact this thing loves Bulky Waters as none can deal that much damage to it and let it set up rather easily. The Speed EV's allow it to switch into Kingdra, trace it's Swift Swim and out speed it. HP Ground allows it to act as a solid Heatran counter but as this set is not made to be offensive you can drop it for even more team support. Wish allows it to be even more of a team player healing others on your team. If you drop HP Ground for wish then put Protect in the last slot which will let you set up screens, heal then survive to set up again if needed.

Choice
Gardevoir@Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Modest/Trace
252SpAtk/252Spe/4Hp
-Thunderbolt
-HP Ice
-Psychic/Shadow Ball
-Trick/Focus Blast

Often overlooked in favor of her supporting abilities, Gardevoir is still a very capable special attacker with one real bonus over the likes of Azelf/Alakazam, access to Thunderbolt, allowing her a pseudo BoltBeam combination. The final two slots are up for grabs, Psychic gives a powerful STAB move and Trick allows you to theoretically cripple something like Blissey but the Ghost/Fighting combination of Shadow Ball and Focus Blast give you even more amazing type coverage.

Trace is the superior ability here as it offers more chances to switch in, but being able to bounce Toxic or Will-O-Wisp back could be useful. Its more up to preference.

Extra Options

Not much really. Any other options are used better by other pokemon.

EV's

160Hp/252Def/96Spe with a +Speed nature on the Screen set is optimum, allowing you to both take phsyical hits well and outspeed any swift swim pokemon you might switch in to. If you don't see Swift Swimmers as a threat then you can drop the Speed EV's into HP and use a +Def Nature, or you can shift some to Special Defense for a slightly more even spread.

Counters

Pursuit users. The screener set takes <50% from even a CB Tyranitar Pursuit when Reflect is up and switching but the choice set dies like JFK passing by a grassy knoll(Too early?) The Screener set absolutely hates being statused as it needs a few turns to set up and an unlucky full paralysis can ruin it, as can toxic or burn keeping it from switching in later. Taunters quickly destroy the Screener and many pokemon can take the chance to set up while you are.

Mow edit?

General Purpose
Gardevoir @ Leftovers
Trace: Modest
236 HP/ 136 Defense/ 24 Special Defense/ 112 Speed
10 IV for Attack
Psychic
Grass Knot
Will-O-Wisp
Wish

This set functions as a counter to standard physically bulky Pokemon, able to survive a hit and answer accordingly. More typically defensive Pokemon are weak to grass at the higher base power values and cannot whether repeated Grass Knots. Harder hitters are burned and crippled for the remainder of the match by Will-O-Wisp. The few Pokemon that don't really mind either are also generally harmless and are easy targets for Wish passing. Psychic is purely for STAB damage.

While Psychic and Wish are permanent to this set, Grass Knot and Will-O-Wisp can be replaced with any generic secondary attack and any random status move. This includes Hidden Power, Thunderbolt, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, Energy Ball, Charge Beam, Icy Wind, or Signal Beam over Grass Knot. Will-O-wisp can just as much be replaced with Hypnosis, Thunder Wave, Confuse Ray, or Toxic. If you're insane, you can run Hypnosis and Dream Eater. Overall though, the set I have listed is probably the best.

EVs are set to outspeed neutral speed natured Tyranitar and bulky Gyarados, providing an easy burn status to both, while maximizing Leftovers healing towards a generic defensive spread. IV of Attack is set to 10 to minimize possible confusion damage while maintaining a legitimate PID combination for Modest and Female (as all Gardevoir should be). Modest is used to maximize stats without investment required for Special Attack.

As Gardevoir effectively gains Fire Type immunity when switching into Heatran, it is relatively safe to switch Gardevoir into Heatran and Will-O-Wisp immediately, as most Heatran are choiced and forced to switch, offering a free burn to anything coming in. If Heatran does not switch, you have a great opportunity to Wishpass instead while stalling out the locked Fire attack. That said, beware any Heatran not locked onto a Fire attack. This includes Life Orb, or any Heatran locked onto anything other than Fire.

Anything with Pursuit or CB Pursuit will hurt Gardevoir. However, as Pursuit is physical and you can choose not to switch, your counters will not threaten you very well after a Will-O-Wisp. This is particularly useful for those locked Heatrans switching out from an immune Gardevoir to a counter.

If you burn an incoming Guts Heracross, good luck.
Nice Gardevoir summery, I'll add more to it when I can think of them, I've got a status absorber Gardevoir, and in doubles, A scarfed Skill swap Gardevoir, might seem odd, but it skillswaps a Shedinja, then swap out the shedinja for a Spiritomb, and you have a legit Woundertomb, which will often just demolish entire teams by itself.

roy is my boi

Smash Journeyman
Cacturne

C.R.A.P. (Counters, revenges, and punches)
Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Sand Veil: Lonely
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 speed
Counter
Sucker Punch
Destiny Bond
Focus Punch/ Seed Bomb

Anything that has low defensive capabilities and counter has the capability of doing a somewhat good job counter killing. Counter first thing then sucker punch and you should kill with some exceptions (see troublesome pokes). If you are pit against a special sweeper, Destiny Bond and, unless they decide to stall, they die. The last movespot is up to choice. Focus punch is great for dealing with walls like blissey and normal types, while seed bomb is good for secondary stab and dealing with water types (which also carry a super effective ice move likely).

Dancing punch
Cacturne @ Adament
Sword Dance
Focus Punch
Sucker Punch
Seed Bomb/ Substitute

This is the most standard moveset you could use and one of the more preferred sets. Switch out on a wall, then either SD to increase the amount of damage you can do or substitute if you decide to use that. Then choose either one of your punches; Sucker Punch if you expect an attack, Focus punch if you expect a setup, status, or you are safely behind a substitute.

If you want, you can use Seed Bomb. Frankly the best use is if you don’t have the HP to set up substitute. Focus sash could also easily work if you decide to use seed bomb over substitute.

Ima be a hyper irritating Cacturne now
Cacturne @ Bright powder
Substitute
Leech Seed
Focus Punch
Sucker Punch

My famous Cacturne that I know you are at least somewhat familiar with. This only works well on sandstorm teams and is amazingly potent if you use it right (and you get lucky). Substitute and unleash your barrage of punches, leech seeding if you ever have the need. The advantage to this is that, with dual accuracy drops, you can keep your substitute amazingly long, meaning you don’t have to fear you getting killed and can unleash focus punch after focus punch.

This can easily work without sandstorm support; it just requires you to put up substitute more often. Leftovers are also a considerable item option as you will be losing your substitute much more often.

Extra Options:

Sandstorm: works great with his ability, but you’d be better leaving it to another poke to set up as a wasted turn could easily mean murder.

Thunder Punch: Good for getting a super effective hit against flying and water types (and most notably gyrados). Grass already deals with most water types (sans Swampert and the ground/water types) and and the only real common flying types are Gyrados and Skamory, both of which are dealt with by Focus Punch and Seed Bomb.

Brick Break and Drain Punch: Preferred for dealing with pokes whether attacking or not. Drain punch can also act as a substitute for Leech seed guaranteeing a bit more attack, but requiring constant use. Focus Punch hits a ton harder and the only excuse for not using it is if you are using the counter setup.

Life orb: If you sacrifice one of your setup moves (and likely focus punch) for another option, this can be effective. Just be aware that you’ll live a lot shorter when you take damage every single turn

EVs:
Attack and Speed should be top priority, though a strong HP boost could be beneficial on a more defensive set.

Troublesome Pokemon:
Most ghost types (but most notably Dusknoir) can be a pain in the rear to deal with (bearing in mind Sucker Punch hits super-effective) as they are immune to Focus punch and Counter. Dusknoir often knows brick break and either fire or ice punch; all 3 of which hit super effective. Add in priority and it ain’t pretty. All it really has to look out for is sucker punch.

Scizor is also a huge threat. That 4x bug resistance isn’t looking good on its resume and stabbed x-scissor can be a pain in the rear to deal with. It also has priority and a better overall speed stat, meaning if it comes down to minimal HP it will likely BP you to your grave.

Aboamasnow, though a bit less common, stops any weather currently in place and sets in hail, shutting down any sandstorm based setups as well as effectively thwarting counter-sash. It also has stabbed ice and often a fighting move thrown in.

Cacturne has several elemental weaknesses plus a mediocre defense stat. Anything with a fire, bug, ice, fighting, flying, or poison move or ghost types (as they are immune to at least one of its moves) can easily switch in and deal with it. Just be weary of counter and any tricks it has up its sleeve. It’s a gimmick-y poke, so the key is to shut it down early and try to remove any possible ways it can perform em.

Not perfect, but zrky suggested I should, so here it is.
max speed on all the sets? how is that helpful?

Niiro

Smash Ace
LOL A man, if i ever fight you, Ima gonna fit an Aerial Ace somewhere.

Top Bottom