• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strategy Pokedex Submissions

WouW

Smash Lord
WouW, I demand you add my gay *** registeel set(and the one that everyone tries at least once) to the Registeel page

STALLSTEEL

Registeel@Leftovers
Impish/Clear Body
252Hp/56Defense/200SpDef
-Iron Head
-Curse
-Amnesia
-Rest

Everyone tries it at least once, but the idea here is to forgo the much faster Iron Defense for the much more deadly Curse. Anyone dumb enough to let this set up will quickly find that after a few boosts, nothing can KO it. Iron Head after a few curses will put a big dent in anything. If you succeed in setting up and your opponent doesn't have a phazer or you already KO'd it, this pokemon will beat everything in the game bar none.
Added.

10stallsteels

A_man13

Smash Master
Are there any sets that are ready to be posted? I'd love to post a complete set that is both done and not done yet by the others.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
WouW, I demand you add my gay *** registeel set(and the one that everyone tries at least once) to the Registeel page

STALLSTEEL

Registeel@Leftovers
Impish/Clear Body
252Hp/56Defense/200SpDef
-Iron Head
-Curse
-Amnesia
-Rest

Everyone tries it at least once, but the idea here is to forgo the much faster Iron Defense for the much more deadly Curse. Anyone dumb enough to let this set up will quickly find that after a few boosts, nothing can KO it. Iron Head after a few curses will put a big dent in anything. If you succeed in setting up and your opponent doesn't have a phazer or you already KO'd it, this pokemon will beat everything in the game bar none.
I've used this set once. I ended up with him as my last Pokemon, and getting outstalled by a guy who switched constantly from a Resting Rotom and a Resting Dusknoir. Never used it again.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I just wanted to stop in and say great job to everyone, Researchers and non researchers alike. I haven't really been around to help lately, as I've been practicing my *** off for an upcoming tournament, and I've had family problems, but you guys are doing a great job filling up the dex without me. Keep it up. :)

Just one complaint though: Make sure to add "Written by X" at the end of every entry. Other than that you're golden. I'm going to go ahead and delete the posts underneath some of the entries, if that's ok.

A_man13

Smash Master
I just wanted to stop in and say great job to everyone, Researchers and non researchers alike. I haven't really been around to help lately, as I've been practicing my *** off for an upcoming tournament, and I've had family problems, but you guys are doing a great job filling up the dex without me. Keep it up. :)

Just one complaint though: Make sure to add "Written by X" at the end of every entry. Other than that you're golden. I'm going to go ahead and delete the posts underneath some of the entries, if that's ok.
Good luck with the tourney.

I'd wait to delete entries to be honest. We are trying to make the best sets we can and the conversation helps improve entries quite some bit.

A_man13

Smash Master
Clefable is suprisingly versitle from what I've seen. It's everything at once and does a heck of a job doing so.

A_man13

Smash Master
I'd add stuff, but I really don't have much unique to add (well, besides Confusion hax + substitute Machamp).

WouW

Smash Lord
Azelf

#487 Azelf
Psychic
Levitate: User is immune to Ground moves
75HP/125Atk/70Def/125SpA/70SpD/115Spe

Lead

Azelf @ Focus Sash
Levitate/Naive
252Spe/252SpA/4Atk
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Psychic
Explosion

Set up SR, hit the hell out of most other leads (Infernape, Gengar, Yanmega, Bronzong to name a few) and then explode. Taunt may be used to stop slower leads like Bronzong or Hippowdon.

Nasty Plot Sweeper

Azelf @ Life Orb
Levitate/Timid
252SpA/252Spe/4HP
Nasty Plot
Psychic
Flamethrower
Hidden Power Fighting

Nasty Plot to get 907 Special Attack (with Life Orb included) and sweep the **** out of the opponent. Psychic for STAB, Flamethrower versus Weavile switchins and Steels and Hidden Power for Darks and Heatrans.

Choice Specs

Azelf @ Choice Specs
Levitate / Naive/Rash
252SpA/252Spe/4Atk
Psychic
Flamethrower
Hidden Power Fighting
Explosion

Two words: Kill stuff.

Explosion is for Blissey or Cresselia.

Other options:

Grass Knot if you hate Swampert. Choice Specs can be replaces with Choice Scarf for added speed. Can't think of too much else.

EVs:

Max Special Attack and Speed. Not much else to say.

Troublesome Pokémon:

Spiritomb is immune to Psychic, HP Fighting and Explosion and has STAB SE Sucker Punch and Pursuit. Blissey walls it well and can cripple it with Thunder Wave. Cresselia can do that as well. If you have Grass Knot over Hidden Power Fighting, Houndoom threatens. Same with Heatran. Weavile fears Flamethrower but outside from that it counters Azelf.

WouW

Smash Lord
Salamence

#373 Salamence
Dragon/Flying
Intimidate: Lowers opponents Attack by 1 stage upon entering the battle
95HP/135Atk/80Def/110SpA/80SpD/110Spe

Dragon Dance + Outrage

Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimidate/Naughty
252Spe/252Atk/4SpA
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast

Get a DD in and and hit the fricken' **** out of your opponent. Earthquake vs. Steels and Fire Blast vs. Skarmory and Bronzong.

Choice Specs

Salamence @ Choice Specs
Intimidate/Modest
252SpA/252Spe/4HP
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse

350 Special Attack + Choice Specs + STAB + 140 Base Power = Ow. Flamethrower beats most steels, and the others are owned by Hydro Pump. Dragon Pulse is better lategame.

Choice Band

Salamence @ Choice Band
Intimidate/Naughty
252Atk/252Spe/4SpA
Outrage
Fire Blast
Aqua Tail
Earthquake/Stone Edge

Much like the special version, only this time with 405 Attack and 120 Base Power. Fire Blast beats steels and Aqua Tail are good against Gliscor and Hippowdon. Earthquake owns a lot of Pokés and Stone Edge can be used against Zapdos.

Other options:

All sets can have their +(sp.)atk natures traded in for +speed natures (Modest into Timid, Naughty into Naive) if you want more speed. Salamence can be used a bit defensively with not too bad defensive stats and Intimidate and with Roost you can heal, if using that. Yache Berry can be used as Salamence hates Ice a lot.

EVs:

Max speed and your offensive stat of choice. Unlike Smogon I'm not going to let you go out of your way to negate the 2% chance of not OHKOing with Fire Blast, but if you're really worried about that shift some EVs over. (24 SpA EVs guarantee a KO on Skarmory.)

Troublesome Pokés:

Mamoswine has big attack and Ice Shard. Weavile outspeeds and has Ice Punch or Ice Shard. Porygon2 can cripple physical versions by switching in. Salamence can be killed by getting it locked into Outrage while getting something Steel like Registeel or Skarmory. With Stealth Rock on, you can hurt it by pseudohazing it. As with everything Special, Blissey walls the Specs set.

About Azelf TrickScarfing: I'm not really into that ****.

A_man13

Smash Master
That is, IMO, a lot more common then most sets you posted. Lead zelf is the exception, though. You can have more then 3 sets.

Do you have any unique sets? I'd love to see what you personally have come up with.

WouW

Smash Lord
Physical Azelf

Azelf @ Life Orb
Levitate / Adamant/Jolly
252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Zen Headbutt
Thunderpunch
Ice Punch
Explosion/Return

The thing has next to nothing for a physical movepool. Only makes it better to surprise Blisseys.

A_man13

Smash Master
Sorry for being a bit pesky. I just don't want people to copy paste standard sets unless they are the only way to go.

That's interesting. Sacrifice tyranitar coverage for blissey coverage.

A_man13

Smash Master
I wouldn't say that always is true. With his boosted Sp. Def in a sandstorm and a whole aersonal of dark moves azelf would be better running if it weren't for pursuit.

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
Perhaps this is just me and forgive me if this is in the wrong topic, but what is the purpose of having a Strategy Pokédex that's virtually identical to Smogon when Smogon has their own dex and process for doing basically the same thing? I just don't understand the advantage here. If there is one I'd be happy to copy / paste my 5 or 6 analyses and all of my sets over here.

WouW

Smash Lord
For one, not everyone coming here knows about Smogon.
Secondly, they're not identical. They're made by ourselves. ('Smogon's Flareon Sets Suck' -Umbreon)
Thirdly, screw Smogon. We can do it better.
.. sometimes.

A_man13

Smash Master
Perhaps this is just me and forgive me if this is in the wrong topic, but what is the purpose of having a Strategy Pokédex that's virtually identical to Smogon when Smogon has their own dex and process for doing basically the same thing? I just don't understand the advantage here. If there is one I'd be happy to copy / paste my 5 or 6 analyses and all of my sets over here.
I agree with you 100%. I think that a new rule should be that there at least has to be one original set on there that came from your head. I can go to smogon if I want the official sets, but our dex needs to enhance, not reiterate.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Dewgong defintely needed something to seperate itself from Walrein and other Water/Ice types and it got just that. Hydration couple this with a couple of calm minds and and iron defenses BP'ed to you and you got a great wall. Thanks to Hydration you can rest during Rain without going to sleep. If there was a non Uber Drizzler then this pokemon would skyrocket to BL or OU thanks to the possibilities it has. Well here are my movesets

SSBM(MELEE RULES)
Offensive Dewgong
@Life Orb/Leftovers
Lonely
252 ATK 252 SP ATK 4 SPEED
Surf
Blizzard
Body Slam
Mimic

You are probably wondering why on earth a Dewgong would be attacking. Well this just a novelty set. Obviously it's meant to attack using special moves. Body Slam won't be doing so much damage as its base Attack stat is 70 (239), but paralyzing is a godsend for Dewgong as its Speed is equal to its Attack. Mimic is on this set to hope for the best and get a useful move.

Rain Dance + Rest
Nature Modest
Evs 252 Hp 252 SpAtk 4 SpDef
Dewgong@Damp Rock/Leftovers
Rain Dance
Surf
Rest
Aqua Jet/Ice Beam/ Aqua Ring/Encore

The obvious gain here is a rest without sleep thanks to Hydration. Also Surfs power gets boosted because of rain. Aqua Jet if you choose it allows you to get a powerful priority move in. Ice Beam Is a decent STAB move and Aqua Ring works well if you chose Leftovers seeing as it gives you 1/8 HP every turn. And Encore can trap your opponent in a move allowing for a switch or forcing a switch.

Team Helper
Nature Calm/Careful
Evs 252 HP 216 SpDef 40 Def
Dewgong@ Damp Rock/Leftovers
Rain Dance
Surf
Perish Song/Encore
Rest

We have Perish Song to PseudoHaze an annoying stat boosted pokemon. Rain Dance For Water types help and Rest for the stalling purposes. And if you go Encore you can trap an annoying pokemon with one move and go from there. Also again Surf gets STAB and Rain Dance Bonuses

Perish Trapper
252 HP 252 SpAtk(for soundproof pokemon) 4 SpDef
Dewgong@Leftovers
Whirlpool
Perish Song
Ice Beam
Surf

By trapping your opponent in Whirlpool they can't switch out of Perish Song. Only problem is soundproof pokemon are not affected by Perish Song(I think) Thats why I still want a decent SpAtk stat to work off of.
This set is by far my favorite and I have won quite a bit with it in New UU and I once chose wrong team in OU and I won with this guy. Only problem is luck

In my opinion the Perish trapper actually works really well. I have beat many people with it. When whirlpool misses though you are in trouble. Rain Rest works well but you have to reset it after 5 or 8 turns so it can be a pain. The Encore will allow you to get a free switch in, and give you a chance to stat boost once because he will have to switch out because TBolt or Thunder won't affect said pokemon. This will allow for great sweeping oppurtunities. Overall Dewgong is a very underestimated pokemon.

Counters

Bulky Waters can take advantage of the Rain too. Also they resist both STAB moves. The only thing they need to watch out for is Perish Song + Whirlpool though. Soundproof pokemon with High HP or SpDef also counter Dewgong well like Mr. Mime and Exploud.

This is my old Dewgong set with SSBM added to it

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
This is for WuoW, since you never reply to any of my PM's.

BEEF UP YOUR ARTICLES. You are rushing them, going for quantity over quality. Go back and add more data/context to your articles. If anyone wants to get a hold of this guy for me and give him the message, that'd be great.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Anyone want to give me some input on a Lucario Lead? I was thinking somewhere along the lines of

Lucario@Focus Sash
Adamant(maybe Jolly)/Inner Focus
252Atk/252Spe/4Hp
-Close Combat
-Extreme Speed
-Earthquake
-Toxic

Something that deals well with flinch leads like Infernape, SR leads like Aerodactyl and Metagross, and Toxic just because it can't really do much else to Hippowdon/Swampert(although they do so hate to be poisoned so it's not a total loss)

Azelf is a bother as it can only be 2HKO'd 48% of the time by Close Combat, but im not sure what to sacrifice for it

Top Bottom