• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm guessing you're talkiing about Ibuki?

I guess I'm gonna play Hugo and King until somebody else gets announced *cough* please be ****ing Urien *cough*

And... did Kuma just **** on Guiles face?

Oh and Raven looks vicoussssss.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yes, I just farted on Guile's face.

Still waiting for my mains though. And pizza girl.

Minato

穏やかじゃない

I guess I'm gonna play Hugo and King until somebody else gets announced *cough* please be ****ing Urien *cough*

Yup, although I'm really excited for Hugo too. To be honest though, I might or might not use Ibuki much depending if she's fast and good at pressuring like in 3rd Strike. If she's too much like SF4, that'll be a let down. Plus her target combos won't feel unique in this game anyways.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
People are seeing Elena in Ibuki's part of the trailer. Can anyone figure out who's in Kuma's?

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

it was like a one hit kill move in previous tekken games, or at least close to it
have they "confirmed" guy and cody yet?
I'm hoping they put dan in this

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
it was like a one hit kill move in previous tekken games, or at least close to it
have they "confirmed" guy and cody yet?
I'm hoping they put dan in this
They haven't confirmed those two. I'm skeptical about them being in. Could it happen? Sure, but something tells me that their cameo was just fanservice.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Man I was so hyped for Kuma but his model is ugly, and that super doesn't really help.....

Hugo has actual combos no and Raven was built for a Street Fighter game. Waiting for Makoto and Heihachi now (who else would Ibuki and Kuma be paired with?).

I'll be surprised if Cody and Guy aren't in actually, I'm sure Ono's "Just because they're in the trailer doesn't mean they're in" comment referred to Haggar. I mean, Cody and Guy is a classic SF team, and Guy's chain combos are made for this type of game already.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Man I was so hyped for Kuma but his model is ugly, and that super doesn't really help.....

Hugo has actual combos no and Raven was built for a Street Fighter game. Waiting for Makoto and Heihachi now (who else would Ibuki and Kuma be paired with?).

I'll be surprised if Cody and Guy aren't in actually, I'm sure Ono's "Just because they're in the trailer doesn't mean they're in" comment referred to Haggar. I mean, Cody and Guy is a classic SF team, and Guy's chain combos are made for this type of game already.
this
he probably meant haggar since technically haggar isn't from street fighter.
if karin and sakura get put in this game I'll thank the based gods of this land

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
My reaction to when people give me **** about how I play.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
A wishlist on SRK that ended up spread across the Internet. It makes full circle every couple of days on SRK.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
All 3 of them!

I would like to see more Alpha and III characters that weren't in IV, this game takes a lot from both of them.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Considering the mechanics of SFxT, I'll definitely stick to using Ibuki.

While I obviously have no idea on how team synergy will work for most characters in the long run, I'm hoping Rolento makes the cut so I can finally use him and Ibuki in the same game for once. I'm also hoping Karin makes the cut as well.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
That's odd, cause Hugo being next to cody and not poison doesn't make sense

Probably means that pic is fake

But if that roster is true, I'm disappointed about no capcom boxer and no rufus

So no Bob vs rufus fights and no boxer showdowns

:phone:

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
Rufus will probably make the final cut
you can't go by the fat man who's secretly the best dynamic and not make fat man vs fat man match potential

R.mika and Zangief team seems like a good idea

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i'm still surprised at no mention of balrog and dudley

steve fox is there, we need a boxer showdown

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So I noticed some stuff in the promotional trailers and screenshots and highlighted it in these images. Most of you have probably seen or heard about these by now but for those who haven't, look at these huge images.

My friend also said that there is a Blanka truck, but I couldn't find it.

And yeah, Kuma's character model in this game is really ugly. His eyes, his paws, they're so weird. Have the character modelers in this game ever seen a bear before?

A lot of people think that the next character revealed is going to be Heihachi since Kuma is his bodyguard, but I think it's just going to be another animal or maybe Mokujin. We all know how Tekken is.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
It looks like they establish the new Skate Park/Billboard stage as Mexico City, but they have a picture of the SF IV diner which was in Arizona.

****ing geography, how does it work?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
the blanka truck is right next to the E.Honda one
on the left
you can see the green and orange ********
I still can't see it clearly. =/ I'll take your word for it though.
I am RG colorblind, so that may be it.

It looks like they establish the new Skate Park/Billboard stage as Mexico City, but they have a picture of the SF IV diner which was in Arizona.

****ing geography, how does it work?
I interpreted it as Fuerte's restaurant being in Mexico City and that this was just an ad. The actual place this stage is in is probably Arizona or SoCal or something.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I interpreted it as Fuerte's restaurant being in Mexico City and that this was just an ad. The actual place this stage is in is probably Arizona or SoCal or something.
Look at the second pic with the guy in the orange jersey w/ spray can and the guy in yellow in the background. They are so Mexican :troll:

@ Minato about Ibuki, I thought they only had one Super each character this time? Is that just for team supers? Hugo is def the first character I'm going to play.

If that dekotora stage doesn't mean Sodom is in the game I may actually be disappointed, lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Look at the second pic with the guy in the orange jersey w/ spray can and the guy in yellow in the background. They are so Mexican :troll:
1. That's racist. I hope KumaOso mauls you for that.
2. The guy with the spray paint's beard and sunglasses are such that he could just be a guido. He's listening to house music on his headphones.

@ Minato about Ibuki, I thought they only had one Super each character this time? Is that just for team supers? Hugo is def the first character I'm going to play.
I'm going to guess that there are 3 supers for each character - one normal super, one super that you get from charging a normal move all the way, and one for team supers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How are Tekken characters going to play in this? Like a Capcom fighter?

I think that's going to feel a little awkward.

Capcom fighters are going to have a lot more flashy moves, another awkward thing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm going to guess that there are 3 supers for each character - one normal super, one super that you get from charging a normal move all the way, and one for team supers.
Team Supers are the same supers for the other characters, although the animation for them are slightly different.
Pretty strange for Ibuki to be the exception so far. But you could be right and it's just incomplete.

But if everyone has the same super for charging and team, that's kinda dumb for Ibuki.
If charging is viable, I'd rather charge for an EX fireball than charge for an EX Raida lol.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
1. That's racist. I hope KumaOso mauls you for that.
I don't find it offensive. And besides, I got over racist insults years ago when my Spanish class called each other dumb Mexicans as an insult (this IS Louisiana I'm talking about). After that, I stopped caring, and it's not like anyone tosses slurs at me anyway unless it's inaccurately an Asian slur.

I think the first two are one in the same. We've seen Ryu and Poison have their fireballs supers both with and without charging. All the other specials have simply EX versions or have supers reworked as EX moves.

The team super one though is definitely the case which is good because this would've limited team creativity.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Tekken characters are going to be about halfway between how they control in Tekken and how a Capcom game character would control. The combo engine is basically the magic series from versus games but Tekken characters also have custom target combos based on combos they have in Tekken (for example, Kazuya's 1 2 2 combo is LP MP MP).

Tekken characters never controlled that much differently from SF characters anyway except for basic movement and WS moves. Wind God Fists and Hell Sweeps (and Electric Wind God Fists) are dragon punch motions, for example.

Tekken characters also have projectile invulnerable dashes.

Kuma, I was joking.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Kuma, I was joking.
Sorry, it's a bit of a personal issue. Yeah, I said it didn't bother me, but it's complicated.

Back on the game, I love how Ibuki moves faster in general than her SF4 counterpart.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Why can't this game be 1v1

All I care about is king. Idk why hugo is coming off as meh to me considering I always play him and I wanted him in so bad.

:phone:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Seeing Hugo doing magic series is REALLY weird O_o

But man this game looks like a step up from SF IV, definitely not just a copy pasta job.

Top Bottom