• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Fighter x Tekken

Gates

Banned via Warnings
OWS, what do you think about the Cross Assault system? (or X-Assault or whatever)

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
OWS, what do you think about the Cross Assault system? (or X-Assault or whatever)
More rage, lmao.

Not a fan of it either, it's just one of those gimmicky things. With this, I can see some extremely broken tactics that will be deployed, and when I really think about it, it's probably as bad if not worse then the inv. dash under projectiles. Because this contradicts good gameplay and benefits the losing player, something that many fighting games seem to be doing today (That's you Namco, and Capcom).

If anyone remembers MvC1 where the Duo-Combo's were, they were pretty much broken, especially Duo-War's. Most likely it won't be as overpowered as it was in MvC1 given at least from what I've seen. However you can potentially be looking at some crazy combos, or dare I say possible infinite situations? <---- If that does indeed occur, remember that I called it!

With that in mind, it seems Capcom just wants this game to be a straight out, crazy out of this world type game. I really wished that Capcom would've made this more of a true Street Fighter game, because it would have a greater longevity and less repetition.

Watching the videos of SFvT, I sometimes find myself dozing off because of the complete and utter nonsense. The thing is, MvC nonsense is at least more enjoyable (well, maybe not MvC3, but I'm speaking about MvC2 of course).

SFvT "imo" should've been more of a cross-over type like Capcom vs Snk2, since it wasn't so over the top as to what we are witnessing with SFvT minus the RC's of course.

My positive is that it doesn't look to be worse then MvC3.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Cross Assault doesn't necessarily benefit the losing OR the winning player. Sure, it can be a comeback what with the potential damage behind it and the averaging of health, but the cost of the move comes strictly from the super meter which fills up a heck of a lot faster by attacking than being attacked.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm still not a big fan of the cross assault. It just feels like it doesn't belong. I'm going to be disappointed if it ends up too good later on.

Another thing I think that doesn't belong in this game are unblockables.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh man, I didn't think that the first vid would be Tekken and the second would be SF. It's always been the reverse in the past.

So yeah, first vid is Lili, second vid is Zangief.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
So I'm looking at that picture Ono put up with the double meter, and I've been thinking: Could that have been intended the entire time, but was kept "hidden" this whole time as well?

Think about it, meter fills up easily, and the Cross Art costs you the entire meter for doing lots, and lots of damage. This would mean that fights could end ridiculously quick and would only require the partner character to show up when necessary. What if this required both characters to have a full meter? I think the costs would justify the damage and wouldn't make the Cross Art centralizing.

Then there's the Cross Assault. What if, like the health bars, the meters become one averaged meter?

I think the reason why they've been leaving it as is is to build hype for the game and to catch flaws. Since barely anyone in the public has gotten to sit down extensively with the game, no one has really found ways to manage/conserve meter the best, but Capcom cut the meter costs in half essentially so people can see the stuff and that Capcom could tweak them.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Oh man, I didn't think that the first vid would be Tekken and the second would be SF. It's always been the reverse in the past.

So yeah, first vid is Lili, second vid is Zangief.
Sweet, this game NEEDS Zangief. If for nothing else but to get Zangief vs Kuma. :bee:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So I'm looking at that picture Ono put up with the double meter, and I've been thinking: Could that have been intended the entire time, but was kept "hidden" this whole time as well?
Most definitely.

Soooooo..... how long do you think we'll have people saying "omg you tard lupinko did it the leak list is real!!!" despite it not being by lupinko and being an admitted fake?

Well after release, imo

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
If Rolento is indeed Ibuki's partner, then less than a week.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Well Kuma obviously Capcom caught on and told everyone to stop and take out two characters JUST to throw us off it was true at one point and that was my point all along.

OBVIOUSLY

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Well, that was dumb. Sounds like I should get to bed then.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Hey they said the same for the original "leaked" Marvel list (although we know there was some truth in it), but mostly the list with Howard the Duck and Red Arremer.

OneWingSephiroth

Smash Journeyman
Cross Assault doesn't necessarily benefit the losing OR the winning player. Sure, it can be a comeback what with the potential damage behind it and the averaging of health, but the cost of the move comes strictly from the super meter which fills up a heck of a lot faster by attacking than being attacked.
To me it's nothing but another gimmicky universal option. This simply implies that their will be more situations in which playing with the life lead or not means absolutely nothing and that's something that's completely derailed in the majority of fighting games today which is a huge cause of concern for me as a FG enthusiast.

The only reason I can tolerate it somewhat in SFvT is because it's a game made with the sole intention of trying to be over the top while trying to fall within the confines of how SF should play like as well, not in the case of MvC where it's just completely over the top on purpose with little to no resemblance to the real SF series.

I guess when I look at Cross-Assault in this value then it isn't as bad, but again the damage potential and exploitation of what you can do will have the potential to become ridiculous.

On another note though, does anyone know what the combo-system is like? I haven't been keeping up with SFvTekken, but judging from the looks of the game, it seems like you can link literally almost anything into anything, because I'm seeing some pretty crazy stuff going down in this game.

Btw, I don't know about you guys, but I'll be looking forward to a Fei Long vs Marshall Law The Bruce Lee Wannabe Showdown, that is going to be pretty epic in itself here. I'm curious now to what the twos dialogue will be when confronting one another in-game.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Looks like Lili to me.
There wa a second picture but it looks like it's not showing up when I wrapped image tags around it

http://p.twipple.jp/D5z7U

^ THAT'S the picture I was talking about

On another note though, does anyone know what the combo-system is like? I haven't been keeping up with SFvTekken, but judging from the looks of the game, it seems like you can link literally almost anything into anything, because I'm seeing some pretty crazy stuff going down in this game.
Everyone has target combos. Even Hugo and Dhalsim. And by pressing HP+HK at the same time you do a launcher, from which you can tag in your second character and continue the combo. This launcher option can be done either at the end of a Target Combo or by itself, but by itself it's very slow and VERY unsafe and punishable. In the current builds (before TGS) everyone had LP > MP. > HP Target Combos, but odds are that this is just to familiarize players and by the end characters will have different unique Target Combos (some will still have LP > MP > HP of course). Then when someone is in the air they are easily juggle-able, like Ryu launches > c.MK xx Hadoken.

Btw, I don't know about you guys, but I'll be looking forward to a Fei Long vs Marshall Law The Bruce Lee Wannabe Showdown, that is going to be pretty epic in itself here. I'm curious now to what the twos dialogue will be when confronting one another in-game.[/QUOTE]

As amazing as that would be, I honestly I don't think they're doing that this round, they're giving the archetypes that both universes share and giving the reps to Tekken for courtesy or getting in a new character or whatever, especially after the teams are from each side. Some could meet up like the likely Sakura/Karin x Asuka/Lili, but not as much as we had thought. I was looking forward to Bob x Rufus, Fei Long x Law, Elena x Eddy, etc., but I'd look for TxSF for that.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
i played a lot of sfxt at evo and the combo system is a chain based system. pretty much anything can combo assuming you follow the rules of magic series. iirc all aerial attacks put into juggle state. my basic combo with my ryu/bob team was with ryu cr.jab xx st. mp xx st.fp xx launcher into bob st.fp xx dp.fp. launchers are done by hitting either heavy button twice, and they are hella punishable.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Rufus was one of the first SF IV characters I came around on (Viper being the other). I still think he's ugly but that's his charm.

:phone:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't get why people hate his character so much.
It probably has less to do with his character and more to do with the fact that he has like 100 links into Ultra.

Oh, and Bob is fatter than Rufus. It's been confirmed.

Also, does anyone remember that restaurant Bruce Lee had?

Yeah, neither do I. I have no idea why Marshall has one.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I heard about Street Fighter cross(x) Tekken but not vs

all jokes aside I wanna see dudly in the game

It probably has less to do with his character and more to do with the fact that he has like 100 links into Ultra.

i think i remember seeing Law with a restaurant in tekken 3 or 4 i think.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Didn't you see the part where Bob breaks the table's legs and Rufus gets mad catapulted?

Bob is fatter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
No, he's just heavier. Heavier doesn't mean fat.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why am I thinking of a donkey when I see Heihachi?

On another note, did anyone ever pronounce Lili's name as Lee-Lee? I did that at first, and I kind of like it more than the Lily pronunciation. Seems more exotic.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace

In tekken 4 law has a restaurant but even that doesn't solve his money problems
So he enters the king of iron fist tournament
And his son stops existing somehow

Also bob has more muscle
His story states that he got fat only for the sake of being stronger
Rufus is apparently just a fat guy who learned martial arts.

:phone:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wonder what those evil/shadow versions are behind each of the characters' artwork.
Maybe it's related to the dark second super bar.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dang, why don't they just call this Final Fight Vs Tekken?

All they need now is Sodom and Haggar

Gates

Banned via Warnings

And his son stops existing somehow
I thought Forest Law was killed during the filming of The Raven.

I wonder what those evil/shadow versions are behind each of the characters' artwork.
Maybe it's related to the dark second super bar.
What would Evil Dhalsim even be like? I mean, if Dhalsim's character is supposed to be like some sort of Gandhi figure, then Evil Dhalsim would be like Evil Gandhi.

Actually that sounds pretty ****ing awesome imo.

Top Bottom