• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff About Puff

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDC

Smash Lord
Help por favor??!?!?

idk, if anyone knows Yoshi, but played Hbox, at Genesis, yeah that's interesting...

Vman (Yoshi) vs Hbox (Puff) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFRjXRIvgTI&feature=channel_video_title

To those who've helped before, I appreciate it, but I've got a much better puff for everyone to help me with this time...

Btw, sorry for the quality.. :(, and random, mishaps, in the video..

Hope you all can help?.. ^^
Very interesting...unfortunately I know nothing of Yoshi. I've heard that spaced f-smash is decent against bair but I doubt that that is a consistently reliable option, any good jiggz would just adjust their spacing and timing and bair would still emerge victorious. I'll definitely post this in the jiggz vid thread.
How'd ya do at Genesis 2 Vectorman? :)

SDC

Smash Lord
i went young link against puff in friendlies yesterday at no johns.

i won.

u mad puff boards?
Not really actually. I think that YL is at least a soft Jiggz counter, sort of like how Samus is a soft spacie counter. We need to improve in this matchup. Hopefully Hbox will be able to offer some insight in his preparation for Armada at Apex 2012.

strawhats

Smash Master
I'd like to see mango go puff at Apex 2012, at least against armada's YL. He probably wont go puff against pp, not after what happened at g2.(still waiting for those vids)

strawhats

Smash Master
wait who told u that, and did u go to g2?

pretty sure pp said they played on a recording setup

strawhats

Smash Master
I read through the last 6 pages or so in the Dr. PP falco discussion thread (from my post about which would happen first, pp's post on mango/pp vs mango friendlies from G2 being uploaded to YT) and I don't see anyone saying that they were not recorded.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Excellent but i ran out of energy around the end of singles pools, so i didnt do as well in bracket as i wanted to. Took a game off spaceballs and got 2nd in my pool.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i went young link against puff in friendlies yesterday at no johns.

i won.

u mad puff boards?
not really, it's just friendlies

i find puffs are the players most likely to **** around in friendlies (maybe falcons first?) because people ***** about their character so much they try to play less gay and tone it down in casual matches

this makes practice vs them totally useless unless you tell them to play normal or put money down, which is lame as **** but oh well

the exception is if they suck but then that reduces the value for practice anyway

incidentally, i'm trying to drill it into our local puffs that playing to learn / win / practicing how to win are all acceptable things in friendlies

'cuz if someone *****es about camping, you should be excited 'cuz you may have found an easy way to beat them

Massive

Smash Champion
Intriguing, I'll have to experiment with this. Thanks, any more tips? Falco's lasers have always bothered me.
Duck. Most falcos you run into will have difficulty lasering you reliably while crouched.

It also ruins gannondorf, marth, and falcon's grab game.

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
dont duck. falco's lasers arent there to hurt you, they're there to keep you grounded.

Mahone

Smash Champion

i find puffs are the players most likely to **** around in friendlies (maybe falcons first?) because people ***** about their character so much they try to play less gay and tone it down in casual matches

this makes practice vs them totally useless unless you tell them to play normal or put money down, which is lame as **** but oh well

the exception is if they suck but then that reduces the value for practice anyway

incidentally, i'm trying to drill it into our local puffs that playing to learn / win / practicing how to win are all acceptable things in friendlies

'cuz if someone *****es about camping, you should be excited 'cuz you may have found an easy way to beat them

this is so true... i **** around so much with jiggs for that exact reason...

the problem with your advice is that if you do that **** people will stop playing with you...

so the choice i basically have is to practice a bunch of random **** that makes up like 3% of puff's game.... or listen to people john about puff nonstop and go their ****ty secondaries and spam falcon punch... so idk

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That's something for the books.

One thing I've noticed about hungrybox is that he places his dairs really well, and almost always gets a grab from them. Why don't I see more people SDI'ing his dairs to avoid the followup grab? To me, at least, it would be like reacting to Fox's dair, which is somewhat easy to SDI as long as you react to it.

Massive

Smash Champion
dont duck. falco's lasers arent there to hurt you, they're there to keep you grounded.
They are there to limit your movement options which will happen regardless of what you're going to do, ducking simply removes the threat of damage or being caught in hitstun and allows you to time a wavedash or jump or move in a time you would normally be trying to shield lasers.

There is always the option jump over the lasers, but it is advantageous to have some decent ground maneuvers available as well.

Ducking also allows you to attempt to powershield lasers with a very low risk of getting hit.

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado

This is why I don't play puff in friendlies.

Like the difference between my friendly puff and my tryhard puff is phenomenal

by that I mean 90% more bairs

Stevo

Smash Champion
Help por favor??!?!?

idk, if anyone knows Yoshi, but played Hbox, at Genesis, yeah that's interesting...

Vman (Yoshi) vs Hbox (Puff) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFRjXRIvgTI&feature=channel_video_title

To those who've helped before, I appreciate it, but I've got a much better puff for everyone to help me with this time...

Btw, sorry for the quality.. :(, and random, mishaps, in the video..

Hope you all can help?.. ^^

your rolls got punished a lot

try CC or spot dodge instead?

CC to an attack might be good, seeing as you are getting hit from rolling anyway.

idea

Smash Master

yeahhhh that would be me. i do like it when you tell me to just play however i want, though. it's one less thing to have to think about.

i just want to be everyone's bestest friend :( you know that show Recess? i want to be like T.J. with everyone. i think that was his name. (come to think of it, i'm also part gus and part mikey, but shaped more like gus <_<)

ah well. maybe when i get a controller which fits my specific needs i can start seriously working on falco as an alt. and then go jiggs in tournament anyway :cool:

This is why I don't play puff in friendlies.

Like the difference between my friendly puff and my tryhard puff is phenomenal

by that I mean 90% more bairs
my other problem is that i can't switch back to tryhard very easily =/

FoxLisk

Smash Lord
They are there to limit your movement options which will happen regardless of what you're going to do, ducking simply removes the threat of damage or being caught in hitstun and allows you to time a wavedash or jump or move in a time you would normally be trying to shield lasers.

There is always the option jump over the lasers, but it is advantageous to have some decent ground maneuvers available as well.

Ducking also allows you to attempt to powershield lasers with a very low risk of getting hit.
if you're grounded and falco is lasering and you stay grounded youre doing it wrong. but by all means persist, all it does is make my life easier.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
That's something for the books.

One thing I've noticed about hungrybox is that he places his dairs really well, and almost always gets a grab from them. Why don't I see more people SDI'ing his dairs to avoid the followup grab? To me, at least, it would be like reacting to Fox's dair, which is somewhat easy to SDI as long as you react to it.
THIS. I played him at Genesis, and his dairs were freakishly nasty. I tried getting the timing/spacing down on my own to no success.

Um, my contribution to this topic is that umash is fast. Yep... Now answer mah question.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Watch this. Then, read this. That's how it works. You need to aim at their feet near the end of the move.

As their percent rises, Dair combos to more stuff; grab, up smash, up tilt, etc. Hungrybox does up tilt even when it doesn't legitimately combo because it so frequently shield pokes. This has to do with how her up tilt hitbox works and how a common behavioral response to Puff's Dair (or being hit by her in general) is to block. Grab is also a good alternative to up tilt for the same reason (counters block).

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
your rolls got punished a lot

try CC or spot dodge instead?

CC to an attack might be good, seeing as you are getting hit from rolling anyway.
Yeah good point eh!?... rewatched, i definetely did... hmmmmmm..

Thanks i didn't even notice, ahh I like these boards. ^^

Hello everyone...uhh yeah.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Watch this. Then, read this. That's how it works. You need to aim at their feet near the end of the move.

As their percent rises, Dair combos to more stuff; grab, up smash, up tilt, etc. Hungrybox does up tilt even when it doesn't legitimately combo because it so frequently shield pokes. This has to do with how her up tilt hitbox works and how a common behavioral response to Puff's Dair (or being hit by her in general) is to block. Grab is also a good alternative to up tilt for the same reason (counters block).
So, is it impossible to avoid the followup once you've been "flipped"?

Yeah good point eh!?... rewatched, i definetely did... hmmmmmm..

Thanks i didn't even notice, ahh I like these boards. ^^

Hello everyone...uhh yeah.
I am rather ashamed to say that I saw Eggstinction for the first time on Monday. Your Yoshi...*****.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Watch the combo counter when you watch that vid. about 1/3 of them don't combo, but i think thats for the purpose of showing the percents it works at. Thread should explain the rest (pun).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom