• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stylin on Ya 3 @ RIT September 11th

RTF

Smash Lord
No Longer Bumping With Content, Smörgåsbords
This is the greatest bracket witnessing I have ever received since BFWNY5 Where I had to fight neil first round in winners, and Mana first round in losers.

Except this was worse because I got bracket straighted in two different games, and the 2 events that I didnt get bracket straighted (due to personally fixing the brackets) I lose to a pause in once event, and the other event gets canceled.
Somebody's gotta play the high seeders, brah. As a local king of pause battles I am willing to train/MM anyone. Fix't btw :******: lol jk uk. rigging/stacking is mad lame tho. apologies to all of the actually mad and lame people out there. must suck to be crazy and crippled.

a nub

Smash Ace
sucks that the power went out

oh well I had fun anyway and some tight *** battles. and got ***** by minh, mad beast link you got there. I'll do better next time hopefully, soon I really hope I can place above last for once. armando we got this

so I've switched to ganon in teams. fair too good

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Somebody's gotta play the high seeders, brah. As a local king of pause battles I am willing to train/MM anyone. Fix't btw :******: lol jk uk. rigging/stacking is mad lame tho. apologies to all of the actually mad and lame people out there. must suck to be crazy and crippled.
train me sensei theres a difference between 'rigging' brackets because I want and easy road to the money and 'fixing' brackets because the best people shouldnt be playing each other in the first 1-2rounds and bad ppl shouldnt get byes.

hubble

Smash Ace
it was pretty amazing.

we went exploring around RITs pitch black tunnels and climbed to the top of the theater .

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Goggles how did you get jewed in the brawl bracket? please let me know.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I got Jason first round.

what is that?

im not as upset about losing to neil cus that was farther along, but 8 people out of the tourney were on the PR, theres no reason for any of them to be playing first round. as a matter of fact, if theres 8 PR at the tourney and 24 total, all of us should have gotten a bye first round and then played played the winners of the other 16 in second round.

and than the one event that I was looking forward to the most, and seeded properly, got canceled. granted, thats not anybodys fault, but I am still super heated about that, especially when all the power came back on less than a half hour after we decided to cancel the tourney

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Your lack of intelligence is mind boggling sometimes. You had to play Jason 3rd round. You got a bye round 1. Round 2 you played Mako and Round 3 you played jason. Dont *****.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I could have sworn I played jason before mako...

I also believe Jason told me that I was his first match of the tournament, but that could have been a lapse of communication.

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
GGs people. To my fans: Sorry I couldn't break top 3, I choked.

Oh wait, I don't have any fans....loll

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Also, Cura, Tsai brought up a very interesting point to me a little while ago.

When you list tournament results. you have one person in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places. But you have 2 people in 5th. So when we were trying to divey out the money for melee there was 5 people that hadnt gotten eliminated yet. But that also means that there was once match, I believe you and minh, that had it been played out, you would have tied with a 6th person for 5th place. and the payouts should have been split between 6 people instead of 5.

Pyro is the one who had the bracket on his computer, so Im not 100% certain butttttt...

I BET I KNOW WHO THAT LAST 6TH PERSON WHO DIDNT GET A CUT WAS!

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Also, Cura, Tsai brought up a very interesting point to me a little while ago.

When you list tournament results. you have one person in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th places. But you have 2 people in 5th. So when we were trying to divey out the money for melee there was 5 people that hadnt gotten eliminated yet. But that also means that there was once match, I believe you and minh, that had it been played out, you would have tied with a 6th person for 5th place. and the payouts should have been split between 6 people instead of 5.

Pyro is the one who had the bracket on his computer, so Im not 100% certain butttttt...

I BET I KNOW WHO THAT LAST 6TH PERSON WHO DIDNT GET A CUT WAS!
Think before you speak please. Payouts were correct. yes 2 people tie for 5th, However melee payout wasnt to top 5 it was strictly remaining players in the tournament.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
KIDGoggles 5:14 pm
are you trying to state that you were suppose to get a cut of the money?
(5:14:12 PM): for melee?
KIDGoggles 5:14 pm
(5:14:51 PM): NO
(5:15:58 PM): Im stating that whoever got fifth place along with the 5 people who were still in bracket should have gotten a cut of the money
oddstolive 5:16 pm
(5:16:09 PM): That was you
(5:16:28 PM): You got 5th
(5:16:31 PM): this tournament for melee.
KIDGoggles 5:16 pm
(5:16:38 PM): you told me I got 7th
(5:16:49 PM): no i didnt.
KIDGoggles 5:16 pm
(5:16:53 PM): yes you did
oddstolive 5:17 pm
(5:17:12 PM): Just like jason said you need to and him play 1st round?
(5:17:18 PM): maybe you need to get your ears checke
(5:17:19 PM): d
(5:17:20 PM): besides
KIDGoggles 5:17 pm
(5:17:34 PM): WELL IN THAT CASE
(5:17:44 PM): I guess that is what im saying....
oddstolive 5:17 pm
(5:17:45 PM): please dont
(5:18:01 PM): payouts were exactly the way they were suppose to be
(5:18:01 PM): lol
KIDGoggles 5:18 pm
(5:18:32 PM): I BET YOU DO THINK THAT
oddstolive 5:18 pm
(5:18:43 PM): You shouldnt have lost to neil noob
KIDGoggles 5:19 pm
(5:19:10 PM): lets just hypothetically say that you lose to minh
(5:19:16 PM): that puts you in 5th
(5:19:21 PM): tied with me apparently
(5:19:30 PM): you get 23$
(5:19:33 PM): I get 0
(5:19:39 PM): yet
oddstolive 5:19 pm
(5:19:40 PM): you really need to think more.
KIDGoggles 5:19 pm
(5:19:48 PM):
payouts were exactly the way they were suppose to be

(5:18:01 PM): lol
oddstolive 5:19 pm
(5:19:56 PM): They are
(5:20:00 PM): cause your just being stupid
KIDGoggles 5:20 pm
(5:20:15 PM): tell me whats stupid about my line of reasoning
oddstolive 5:20 pm
(5:20:28 PM): pay out wasnt to top 5
(5:20:30 PM): also, you bragged the whole time about out placing me and placing in the money
(5:20:34 PM): it was to the remaining players still in the tournament
(5:20:40 PM): you were no longer in the tournament
(5:20:50 PM): though you may have tied with someone who would lose between me and minh
(5:20:50 PM): thats how I know you told me i got 7th
(5:20:54 PM): it didnt happen
(5:21:03 PM): So yes you got 5th
(5:21:08 PM): and i probably would have died
(5:21:10 PM): *tied
(5:21:13 PM): but it cant be proven
(5:21:16 PM): which is why i got a cut.
(5:21:18 PM): not top 5 payout
KIDGoggles 5:21 pm
(5:21:19 PM): thing is tho
oddstolive 5:21 pm
(5:21:22 PM): like your assuming
KIDGoggles 5:21 pm
(5:21:23 PM): that really doesnt matter
(5:21:33 PM): because everyone was given an equal cut of the money
(5:21:45 PM): regardless of what we believed would happen the following round
(5:21:45 PM): s
(5:22:00 PM): all that matters is someobdy placed 5th and got plaid
(5:22:08 PM): and somebody placed 5th and didnt get paid

Take it as you will..

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
You posting our conversations just kinda prove how much intelligence you lack Lol.

Snowmanthatknows

Smash Journeyman
sucks that the power went out

oh well I had fun anyway and some tight *** battles. and got ***** by minh, mad beast link you got there. I'll do better next time hopefully, soon I really hope I can place above last for once. armando we got this

so I've switched to ganon in teams. fair too good

You were really good, I definitely want to play you more in singles.

eeveee

Smash Journeyman
Sorry i missed you guys. I'm sure it was a wonderful time. :] I'm so bummed that i missed dancing in the dark, or whatever you kids did while the power was out.

I guess that makes me the #1 JamesG fan.

Do we have a "lol results" thread? Mite b cool.
Exactly.

dudutsai

Smash Lord
That's pretty harsh, Cura =/

While you do have a point, I'm sure you see why Goggles feels cheated out of money, and it's something he should probably take up with Pyro/Sheth, because it seems like a mistake on their part.

x13mako

Smash Ace
That's pretty harsh, Cura =/

While you do have a point, I'm sure you see why Goggles feels cheated out of money, and it's something he should probably take up with Pyro/Sheth, because it seems like a mistake on their part.
Did you see what Sharky, MOSS, and JamesG got in winners? Goggles didn't get it too hard.

Sharky

Smash Master
Did you see what Sharky, MOSS, and JamesG got in winners? Goggles didn't get it too hard.
sai is talking about the melee thing.

Brawl brackets were tough all-around though, nobody can complain, really, we just had a lot of talent at this tourney. IMO we should be happy about this, cause it means that as a region we're just getting a lot better =D

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I understand were goggles is coming from. But the fact of the matter is the reason the 5 remaining players got a part of the money was because the people still in had a chance at winning money. Goggles (who got 5th tieing with either me or minh) was obviously out and had no chance of making money, while the remaining 5 did. So i feel he didnt deserve a part of the portion. If anyone has a right to be upset it should be steffon and jesse both having made it to winnings finals but earning the same amount of everyone else.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
I would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids (and pikachus)

JamesG

Smash Journeyman
My side of the bracket wasn't too bad aside from getting San fairly early.

I don't really care, though. My mentality on this situation is that I will beat ANYONE that I end up with, and it always helps me do well....well maybe except for San...getting destroyed isn't fun :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Basically, Cura is saying that I should be punished for being a good tourney attendee and playing my matches promptly and cura gets rewarded for being sluggish about playing his matches. thats cool its w/e, thats obviously how things should work.

But just note, that despite the fact that I disagree with you, I never stoop so low as to call you stupid, disrespect you or call your intelligence or character into question. I guess you just decided to be one of the cool kids and simultaneously jump on both the "bash and flame those who disargree with you" and the "Goggles Hate" trains at once.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im open minded and speak my mind, I feel like your acting very childish about this situation so i will call you what i feel like you are being. And you statements do lack intelligence and lack really good thought process. You bitter about not making money though you would have tied with either minh or myself.

Your not fulling thinking the situation of it properly. You only thinking about you not getting money which is making this illogical complaints come out of your mouth. I do feel bad that you didn't get anymore, but the fact of the matter is that if the power didn't go out you still wouldn't have gotten any money. However that cant be determined about the other players. If the power didn't go out, anyone of us could have made money. And that's why it was split 5 ways, because we cant truly determine who would have placed and who would. We could only go based on who already lost, and you were one of those players.

And you say you wouldn't stoop low to insult people Lol, However when we were distributing money you were upset at the fact that i was getting money cause you strongly believe you are better than me. However i wouldn't disagree with that, that right there is still a sign of disrespect. Not to much in the statement above me you are jumping to conclusions that i was "sluggish about playing my matches" When you clearly don't truly know why i was behind in matches so ill explain.

Melee double started. Than very late after brawl singles started. I played my Winners round 2, and my winners round 3 consisted of the winner of Beta Vs Minh. Minh was in losers finals for doubles, which went to about game 5 i believe. Then after they he went on to play grand finals. Which went to game 3 or 4. So i had to wait for about 7-8 doubles matches (not including set up time/ stage selections/bans/cps). And then beta and minh finally. Played. About this time melee singles were starting up. So while minh and beta played. I played against steffon for my winners round 2 melee (lost) Then played anub for losers round 2. After that i went on to play against beta for winners round 3 than Tiger for winners round 4 in brawl. Afterward while losers finished up for brawl. I went on to play losers round 3 match against jtam.

At this point i was caught up in brawl but behind in melee due to me trying to catch up in brawl. So after playing losers round 3 against jtam i went on to play my winners finals against sanford. Which went to game 5. After that i went on to play My losers round 4 against beta. Than i went on to my losers round 5 against spamus. After i won that i was about to get minh to play and the power went out.

So before you assume that i wasn't playing my matches you should really find out all the details. I had to wait for 8 games for melee doubles to finish before i can even start my brawl singles. Which brawl singles has more priority than melee singles since it started way before melee singles did. I was very on point with my matches and getting people to play theirs. Sorry you didnt get any cash but it is what it is.

Spamus43

Smash Journeyman
No one who deserved money failed to receive it. Someone who did not deserve money received it nonetheless. It's unfortunate to see someone get rewarded undeserving. But given the circumstances, and the fact that it was impossible to determine exactly who that "someone" was, I don't see how it could have been handled any differently.

In any case, Goggles, you in particular were not denied something you'd earned.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Id admit that i got lucky receiving money in melee. Cause without the power outage i most likely would have lost to minh and gotten 5th. However at the same time the power outage cost me to not win brawl doubles which was pretty much a guaranteed victory for me. So the power outage was still a win/lose situation for me.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
once again cura, there you go assuming the worst of me and my intentions.

as I told you on aim, You told me that I placed 7th and you placed 5th. (thats why you were bragging about outplacing me and making money when I didnt) So when tsai told me were were supposed to pay 6 people for third place, I didnt believe him when he told me that last person was me, I thought it was spamus, since I knew there were many people that were complaining about losing to him.

My problem was that one person didnt get payed for essentially tying with the rest of the people that got payed. Since the power went out in the middle of one of the rounds in that tournament, everyone in that round should have gotten a portion since we decided to divey up the money evenly ( which I dont believe was right either)

Like I said, who that person was was of no consequence to me, I was just upset that somebody that got fifth place got money and somebody that got 5ht place didnt get money.

I said before that the fact that it was me was nothing but a fitting end to a generally terrible day for me.

Im glad everyone else had fun tho.

EDIT
1. you yourself said that doubles bracket was mad stacked on saturday, so coming in here now with that "it would have been free money for me" swag is bull crap.
2. You got your money back for brawl doubles so quit complaining about it. And you had the nerve to tell me that I was only mad that I didnt make money...

Top Bottom