• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Such Villainy!!! Should More Villains be included in Smash 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Mewtwo is essentially the Akuma of the Pokemon world.
Waits until it sees a worthy opponent, and fights to the death to test their strength (or in Mewtwo's case, to the faint) if they accept the challenge.

Both are ruthless, but not outside of reason. They have enough power to essentially cause mass genocide, but are not bloodthirsty murderers, and only show their power to those they find worthy and are willing to take them on, knowing full well they may not survive.

Whereas people might consider them villains as a result of their way of life, they are not villains.

That being said, Melee established Trophy Mewtwo as a villain in the Smash world, so future Smashes will probably do the same.
I've always seen Mewtwo more in line with this guy.

As for other villains, I'm trying to think of who all else could fit.

Bowser Jr.
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Medusa
Hades
Ridley
Dark Samus
Porky
Masked Man
Black Shadow

If we wanted to talk about bosses I could probably think of some more.

D

Deleted member

King Boo is also an option, given the Luigi's Mansion games.

And I guess, if Wario characters are available, there is also Captain Syrup or Shake King.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
1. He never conquered Popstar.
2. The only time he attempted to kill Kirby was Revenge of Meta Knight. Every other time, it was to defeat him in combat or just get him away. And that is very limited.
3. His soldiers sacrifice themselves WILLINGLY. Hell, even in Revenge of Meta Knight, some even decide to stay alongside Meta Knight for one final showdown with Kirby rather than evacuate the Halberd, which Meta Knight ordered his crew to do.

Again, trying to say Meta Knight is a villain is like saying Batman is a villain, and Batman has done much worse.
1. Attempted jeeze details
2. he's smackin him around with a sword i'm pretty sure that doesn't tickle and you you're self said that meta knight isn't above doing bad things wouldun't killing kirby be a necessary outcome to ensure his plan??
3. Were their lives really required though? did meta knight have to send his forces to attack kirby? answer no they lost their lives in his desire to train kirby nothing more that's pretty bad in my book.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Been thinking about Great Tiger as a possible antagonist. After seeing his abilities in the Title Defense mode in Punch Out there is no doubt in my mind how he could work.

D

Deleted member

1. 1 time doesn't make you evil. I assume you think Wario is evil just because he took over Mario's castle one time? Or Mario is evil because he locked Donkey Kong in a cage one time?
2. I'm pretty sure the things Kirby does doesn't "tickle" either. Especially to those he brutally murdered just because some fatty took his cake.
3. Then Pokemon Trainers, Olimar, people like Marth, Roy, and Ike, and real world Generals and the like are evil for sending their Pokemon, Pikmin, Units, Soldiers, etc. into combat when they don't need to.
And it's not like Meta Knight's troops didn't have a choice. They could've you know, NOT fought Kirby. Meta Knight doesn't seem to be the executioning type; more of a "do as I say or get out of my sight" type.

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
1, doesn't help a case trying to showcase him as a hero either and wario is bad for a ton more reasons than that.
2. they shouldn't have got in his way. LOL and a few of them did attempt to attack him so self defense??
3. Not to familiar with fire emblem but pokemon is animal abuse all around and pikmin will attack things witout even being ordered their horrible creatures that were never meant to see the light of day damn you olimar!!

D

Deleted member

I see this debate has turned into a joke, so I will concede before I end up insane.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Seriously? Is this debate seriously happening? I mean really. C'mon.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I know right?
It should be common knowledge that Meta Knight is simply an anti-hero.
This debate reminds me of a joke.

[COLLAPSE="Joke"]A young man is walking through a small village one day and decides to stop by a bar and have a beer. He walks into a bar, and sees a grizzled old man, crying into his beer. Curious, the young man sits down and says, "Hey old timer, why the long face?"
The old man looks at him and points out the window, "See that dock out there? I built that dock with my own two hands, plank by plank, nail by nail, but do they call me McGregor the dockbuilder? No, no."
The old man continued, "And see that ship out there? I've been fishing these waters for my village for 35 years! But do they call me McGregor the fisherman? No, no."
The old man continued, "And see all the crops in the farms out there? I planted and have been farming those crops for my village for nearly 45 years! But do they call me McGregor the farmer? No, no."
The old man starts to cry again, "But you screw one goat..." [/COLLAPSE]

Reika Kitami

Smash Cadet
I would agee that the pool of villains is definitely richer than the one of protagonists.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I would agee that the pool of villains is definitely richer than the one of protagonists.
Thats because when you are in the boss battles, they display all these cool and awesome abilities, like Ridley throws people against walls, shoots fireballs, had a giant spiked tail, and much more cool stuff.
And besides, you want to play as the villain, you want to screw things up for the protagonist.
I would like a game where you played from the side of the villain. Like you were Ganondorf, and you had to plan your Zelda kidnapping. And then you would have to go fight to get your Tri-Force. then you had to destroy the village, and then fight Link at the end and kill him.
I know there is game like that.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Villains are so much more enjoyable as Smash newcomers because, chances are, it's the only opportunity we'll ever have to control them in any way, shape or form. At least in the case of Ganondorf or Ridley (or K. Rool in a game that's not terribad :troll:).

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
As weird as it is to say, this is the villain I am most wanting to play as of late. I cannot explain it, but there is this idea of how he would play in my head that makes him so appealing.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I want Zant! One of my favorite villains :)

:phone:
That probably won't happen because he was introduced, played a villain role, and then was killed all in one game. A character would have to be in multiple games to at least get a chance. Thats why Ridley and K. Rool are so popular, they are in like every Metroid and Donkey Kong game.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That probably won't happen because he was introduced, played a villain role, and then was killed all in one game. A character would have to be in multiple games to at least get a chance. Thats why Ridley and K. Rool are so popular, they are in like every Metroid and Donkey Kong game.
I wouldn't say so, necessarily. Needless to say, I doubt Zant due to his lack of lasting impact. Ghirahim alone was at least 10x more integral to the overarching story.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ironically, the Ice Climbers made it in, despite having only one game. Of course, they're the main characters of their franchise, which is quite understandable.

Zant and Ghirahim are not so fortunate, despite the fact that they've played big roles in the games that they've appeared in.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Ironically, the Ice Climbers made it in, despite having only one game. Of course, they're the main characters of their franchise, which is quite understandable.

Zant and Ghirahim are not so fortunate, despite the fact that they've played big roles in the games that they've appeared in.
Ghirahim was never confirmed dead, and can come back in a sequel of skyward sword. Demise cursed the Link and Zelda bloodline, so Ghirahim could come back to haunt the younger generation of Link.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As weird as it is to say, this is the villain I am most wanting to play as of late. I cannot explain it, but there is this idea of how he would play in my head that makes him so appealing.

Me too. There would be a few problems that arise with Porky. They would have to choose between his Eartbound look or Mother 3 appearance. And if they were to choose the M3 appearance, there would be some scaling issues in terms of the proportions of the mech and the body to reasonable playable size and having to program the nearly difficult-to-animate limbs of the mech.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Ghirahim was never confirmed dead, and can come back in a sequel of skyward sword. Demise cursed the Link and Zelda bloodline, so Ghirahim could come back to haunt the younger generation of Link.
Or a prequel to the prequel? The LoZ timeline is kind of all over the place, what's to say they can't put in another prequel that involves Ghirahim?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Me too. There would be a few problems that arise with Porky. They would have to choose between his Eartbound look or Mother 3 appearance. And if they were to choose the M3 appearance, there would be some scaling issues in terms of the proportions of the mech and the body to reasonable playable size and having to program the nearly difficult-to-animate limbs of the mech.
Porky did look abnormally tall in Brawl, since I thought he and Ness were about the same size in their respective games. Of course, the Spider Mech was much bigger, which it has to be if it ever wanted to transport Porky.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I'd say go with his Mother 2 spider mech look. Make Porky about the same size, if not smaller, than Ness and Lucas and just adjust the size of the pod and legs to be decently sized.

Porky did look abnormally tall in Brawl, since I thought he and Ness were about the same size in their respective games. Of course, the Spider Mech was much bigger, which it has to be if it ever wanted to transport Porky.
He is, but I also find that weird since he is supposed to be hundreds of years old by the time Lucas and Co. encounter him. Technically he should be shorter because of age deterioration.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about that villain mario who kills innocent chestnut men and turtles just because of his jeleousy over his woman liking a different man/ turtle

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
The only villain is Kirby. Kirby kills everything that moves over pieces of cake, slaughters gods on a daily bases, completely ruins everything for Meta Knight and King Dedede, eats all of the food of the land, steals treasure, destroys entire landscapes, and is pink. PINK!

jigglover

Smash Lord
Mario kills, turtles, and if that's not enough, he stops evolution by stopping the flying turtles get used to their wings. In SMB3, he actually STEALS them and flies for himself. He goes into space and drags live stars down with him to try and stop Bowser creating a paradise where everybody can live in peace, TWICE. Not to mention he actually chased a monkey wearing a tie just because he wants a happy life with a woman that she loves, when he doesn't even have feelings for Pauline, he has them for Peach (who didin't exist at the time but who cares.)

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
Well, Skull Kid just won the VG Tribune poll...

In all honesty, he'd be an awesome villain to have. If you want to call him a villain.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Mario kills, turtles, and if that's not enough, he stops evolution by stopping the flying turtles get used to their wings. In SMB3, he actually STEALS them and flies for himself. He goes into space and drags live stars down with him to try and stop Bowser creating a paradise where everybody can live in peace, TWICE. Not to mention he actually chased a monkey wearing a tie just because he wants a happy life with a woman that she loves, when he doesn't even have feelings for Pauline, he has them for Peach (who didin't exist at the time but who cares.)
Don't forget he also breaks into peoples houses and kills all their help. He also forces a little dinosaur to carry him around.

D

Deleted member

sheik93 said:
Well, Skull Kid just won the VG Tribune poll...
All because of a poll that was rigged to death.

Watch as people declare Skull Kid a "shoe-in" for this game.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
That poll makes me sick. Wish I hadn't posted it anywhere now.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
The more I think of it, I feel Smash 4 won't focus of villains, but more so rivals instead. Look at the evolution of the series. Wolf was added in, rival to Fox/Falco. Wario is a rival to Mario, Lucario to Pikachu, so forth. the only real villain I see getting into Smash 4 is simply K. Rool, since he's over due and has a following. I'm all for Boshi still but even he is a rival to Yoshi. Birdo I guess would could as a villain but eh... bowser jr.? He'd be a nice addition but given his appearance in SMS...yeh ok villain. Goroh and I could debate Black Shadow are both rivals to the Captain, not full on villains. Maybe it's me just blowing steam out me butt, but just a thought on it.

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I dunno, would you rather have someone worst win by fair play, or someone better win by cheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom