• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sun Rise Tournament (SRT) - Tokyo, Japan - April 2/3 2011 - Melee CONFIRMED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
wow @ m2k

the pot was raised as an incentive to attract players, not as a way to pay your way back

you should treat this more as a vacation opportunity than anything else, like ken did when he went to JGT

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
Real talk jason there's more things to life than money and smash lol. Realize you have an opportunity to go to japan! know how amazing that is?!?!?!?!

*CT*

Smash Lord
How do you get a passport to fly internationally?
Go to the post office bro and ask to fill out a pass port, cost about 50$ and takes about two months to get back? If you pay extra you can get it in like a week. They last for a few years as well, I got my second one at 16 and its gonna expire in 2013.

Oh yeah, you guys should do this around the time of an anime convention so we can all be otakus and run around cosplaying as we smash.

strawhats

Smash Master
Wow. This'll be awesome!!

Okay...

Pound V, Genesis 2, Sun Rise Tournament...

BLARGH. I wanna go to one of these! And going to Sun Rise Tournament to play by their rules and show them how it's done with Sonic... kfjahdsf DO WANT. Alright. I'm a maybe for this one.
im prob only gonna be able to go to Pound V.

Im hoping someone notifies CJ, bombsoldier, and masashi about this tourney (they've got no excuse not to go they live in Japan) other than possibly college or work obligations)

not to mention Tani, Mach Dash, and Hoshikabi, Kou, and Cho. I'd like to see how they MU against America's best in today's current metagame.

Maybe mango might be interested :)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
shmot, what is the "SWF" of japan? Where do they all go to talk about smash

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
fyi, doubles is really really small in japan. it's a side event on the level of like, crews or something

although with a tournament of this scale it's almost certainly going to happen; it might not be very "important" though

if it does happen, someone team with me in brawl. my brawl marth is hella legit

umm thats not true, it is very likely he could go there and find absolutely no one that speaks English.

u act like people care about/ like us lol
that isn't true either though haha. Japanese people love americans and think English is "cool" (I've had numerous people absolutely flip the **** out when I tell them my European last name and they go "KAKKOIIII") - they're just really BAD at English LOL.

English is a really hard language to pick up! thats all it is. :P

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
Around April 22nd would be awesome cuz that's my birthday and I wanted to go to Japan for my birthday ANYWAY xD but either way I'll probably be going to this since I'll have money by then ^_^ Oh and ill be learning Japanese 2 so...i can say some stuff....maybe... :(

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Around April 22nd would be awesome cuz that's my birthday and I wanted to go to Japan for my birthday ANYWAY xD but either way I'll probably be going to this since I'll have money by then ^_^ Oh and ill be learning Japanese 2 so...i can say some stuff....maybe... :(
Oh no you don't. I already shotgunned it; this is MY birthday tournament.

The fact that I probably won't get to go is beside the point >_>

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure no one gives a **** about your personal preference. Instead, try to contemplate about a date which would be better for people in GENERAL, since that's actually more useful than just regurgitating trivialities such as your birthday.

Thank you kindly.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I'm pretty sure no one gives a **** about your personal preference. Instead, try to contemplate about a date which would be better for people in GENERAL, since that's actually more useful than just regurgitating trivialities such as your birthday.

Thank you kindly.
Dear Chair

Shut up

Thank you kindly.
-Guus

M@v

Subarashii!
You can translate for McGriddle then :D

Tiersie

Smash Ace
American sterotype: Remember, English is the biggest langauge in the world, there are bound to be a lot of people there who speak even a little bit of it. :laugh:
American stereotype: English is NOT the biggest language in the world. That would be Mandarin. A lot of countries have not adapted to your language yet, and you'd be best to remember that before spouting out stereotypes in response to stereotypes.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
American stereotype: English is NOT the biggest language in the world. That would be Mandarin. A lot of countries have not adapted to your language yet, and you'd be best to remember that before spouting out stereotypes in response to stereotypes.
Depends on your definition of 'biggest'. Spoken by the most people - definitely not. Most geographically widespread - definitely.

The birthday stuff was just lulz >_>. Calm yourself Chair, I'm all for seeing this happen on the most convenient days for all those planning to attend.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
ill go if i got a *** dood english speaker, time to get revenge

(comes back from Japan)

GLUTTONY GLUTTONY!
lol although the whole room was cheering glutony and myself being from europe i wanted you to win (snake favouritsm)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
this is the most selfish, "My Super Sweet 16" type post i have ever read

also, regarding translation, me and proooobably Kei will be here translating for people haha ^__^

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
apparently kei and captain jack will help with translating... i will too if i get to go.

are you active in the japanese scene, toph? how come ive never heard of you?

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
apparently kei and captain jack will help with translating... i will too if i get to go.

are you active in the japanese scene, toph? how come ive never heard of you?
1. cuz I don't play brawl. kansai melee all day baby :D
2. only been here for like 2 months
3. the only people I've met from Kanto (I'm assuming you were in Tokyo) are like, Gucci, Hary and Flash...

you can add me on smacom if you want though ("Toph") dunno if you're on there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom