• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super DSO 3! (aka DSO14) October 9th ~ Philadelphia, PA! Were goin clubbin!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

SUPER DSO III
aka DSO XIV

DATE

Saturday - October 9, 2010

ADDRESS and VENUE INFORMATION

You guys all know the venue, it's the classic location for DSO tournaments!

3301 Race Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

YOU MUST HAVE A PHOTO ID TO ENTER THE VENUE
Any kind of photo ID works, even a school ID

It's a 3 story tall beige-ish dorm building with some trees out front, it won't be hard to find. Once you go in give your ID to the person at the front desk and make a right past the gate. Make a left down the first hallway and go straight and you'll walk right into the room!

PARKING
Parking is easy on Saturdays. Most parking meters in the area are disabled. Look for signs on the block you are parking on, if it says something along the lines of Except Saturday & Sunday, then you are fine to park there for free!

FOOD
Next door to the venue is a Currito Burrito (Qdoba/Chipotle clone), a Subway, and a Chik-fil-a! There is also a 7-11 about 2 blocks away.

TIME

You can get to the venue as early as 11:00am
Signups will start at around 11:30am
Doubles will start at around 12:00pm
Singles will start after doubles

Don't be late!

PRICES and EVENTS

$5 Venue Fee
$20 per Team for Brawl Doubles
$10 Brawl Singles
$5 for a side event if we do one

Payouts

Singles - 48/22/14/8/4 (in %, both 5th place players get 4% of the pot)
Doubles - 55/30/15 (in %)

FREE VENUE FEE IF YOU BRING A TV AND WII!

Doubles will be done via Double Elimination
Singles might have pool seeding, depending on the number of entrants and what time it is

RULES

General Rules
  1. 3 stock
  2. 8 minute timer
  3. Items set to off and none
  4. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
  5. If the percents and stock are the same at time out then a 1 stock 3 minute rematch on the same stage with the same characters will take place.
  6. All sets are best of 3 with the exception of winners losers and grand finals which are best of 5
  7. You are responsible for your own controller and tag controls. You may only disrupt a match (reset for controls change or pause to switch controllers) if both parties agree. There will be a 5 second grace period at the start of a match for the player to restart the match with a different tag if they realize they are using the wrong one.
  8. If an agreement can not be decided for who strikes stages first, the players (or one player from each team) will do either rock paper scissors (best of 1 on shoot) or GaW hammer battle (start a match with 2 GaWs, both players use a hammer and the higher number wins, redo if there is a tie). The winner chooses if they want to strike first or second. Unless otherwise agreed, the player who strikes second should have first pick at controller port.
  9. Meta Knight's Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.
  10. Stalling is banned; Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.
  11. Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing a character to freeze without a chance of turning back to normal) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.
  12. Life stealing is allowed for teams
  13. Teams controller ports must be in a 1 2 2 1 fashion (one team gets 1st and 4th ports and the other team gets 2nd and 3rd ports)
  14. If it is discovered any pre-game rule is broken after the game has started (such as controller ports or striking), then it will be assumed that the players agreed as such and no disqualification will take place. Banned stages however can not be played on even if agreed by both players and a match played on one will be null and void.
  15. Stages banned by players are removed from the set and can not be picked by anyone again unless it is agreed to.
  16. Pausing is not allowed except for legitimate reasons and maybe if it causes no harm. If it is determined that the player should not have paused or was done accidentally (such as mashing out of a chain grab), the player who paused loses one of their stocks. Ruling will be to the TO in the event of this.
  17. Infinite combos characters can perform on others are not banned.
  18. If the clock expires in a team match and the total number of stocks of each team is equal, the sum of the final percentage of players on each team is used as the tiebreaker; whichever team has a lower sum wins. (A player who has been eliminated has no stocks and 0%).
  19. The game's verdict will always be honored; a victory screen decides the winner. Any Sudden Death (excluding time-outs) will be treated as a tie; which are resolved with a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
  20. The TO has the right to change any rules or make the final calling on any controversy.
Set Procedure
  1. Players should decide who strikes first and picks controller ports first as per General Rule #8.
  2. Whoever gets to strike second picks their controller ports, then the other player(s) do.
  3. Characters are chosen for the first match (a blind pick can be requested).
  4. The player who strikes first strikes 3 stages from the Starter list.
  5. The player who strikes second strikes 4 stages from the Starter list.
  6. The player who strikes last strikes 1 of the two remaining stages to determine which stage the first game is played on.
  7. The first match is played.
  8. The winner from the previous match bans a stage if they haven't banned a stage yet this set.
  9. The losing player can opt to re-pick controller ports, and the previous losing player picks first.
  10. The losing player chooses a stage for the next match. They can not choose a stage that they have won on already.
  11. If there is another match in the set, repeat Set Procedure steps numbers 8 through 11.
Stage List
  • Starter Stages:
    -Battlefield
    -Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
    -Smashville
    -Lylat Cruise
    -Pokemon Stadium
    -Final Destination
    -Castle Siege
    -Delfino Plaza
    -Halberd
  • Counterpick Stages:
    -Frigate Orpheon
    -Brinstar
    -Pictochat
    -Rainbow Cruise
    -Norfair
    -Pokemon Stadium 2

TWITTER UPDATES

Want to know what's going on at the tourney? Follow me @ChiboSempai on Twitter to hear all the latest updates!

CONTACT

AIM: ChiboSempai
PM: vVv ChiboSempai
Phone: 609.226.2287

ATTENDEES

Let's get the list going! Let's get NJ, NY, PA, MD, and VA! This location is only 2 hours away from NY and 2 hours away from MD!

ALL IS BRAWL LINK

Click I'm Attending!
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10733

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Yeah DSO's always have a couple of top players, a bunch of good players, always a few new timers. Its hella fun/hype. DSO's are a great time IMO.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
good place for first tournament??
most def, everything xzax just said is true. there are normally a bunch of new comers at each DSO and theres always a great spread of skill for players to play against, some new players, some common smashers, some advance, some pro.

M@v

Subarashii!
Everyone else wanting to go makes me want to. But I think the week after this is an exam week for me.

And I'm amazed everyone thinks melon is godly. Oh well I guess its because I play him all the time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no one said he was "godly," but he's got 2 nice wins under his belt now and is on track for being ranked, and will need a third tournament - and this will get him it. I just always support new players making it onto the rankings.

If the week after this is exams that's not biggie, come down Friday night and leave Saturday night. Hardly any time away from school.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Mav, tbh, if you weren't so cocky about everything then maybe people would think the same about you. You really don't beat anyone good, and melon beat fury and slikvik this past weekend so let the man have his 15 minutes of fame.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Mav, tbh, if you weren't so cocky about everything then maybe people would think the same about you. You really don't beat anyone good, and melon beat fury and slikvik this past weekend so let the man have his 15 minutes of fame.
i support this powerful statement

_umbra_

Smash Champion
mav you should go, violent d said he'll prob be up for it so we can get 2 cars goingggg

idc as long as i'm in one of them though

melon teamsies? mystery marmaladeeeeee ^_^

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It's funny because mav talks **** about players after losing to them too. Best way to get better? Definitely.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Seriously, I'm gonna be at the convention center on the 9th for something

fffffffffffffffffffffffff such unfortunate timing...........

Though maybe it means I can just take the train from there to this so idk what I'm doing yet.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im not going to argue about if hes better than me or not. He's in my crew, so we are on the same side, so it really doesn't matter. We go out and rep our crew more than our individual selves.

Its simple; take as you will, but Melon, I, and the rest of GE are going to practice as hard as we can and do what we can next time we can make a large tourney. If you think I would belittle someone in my crew because he did well, your crazy. He beat kingz court, so how can I not be happy :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Looking forward to see State College at this or VC8. Would love to see you at both really. I can help you guys out anyway I can to help make it to this as well. Housing, etc I've gotchu covered. Remember there is also a bus between Philly and State College, and the bus drops off within walking distance of my apt/venue. It's money but might be cheap if you buy at the right time and you don't have to spend the time driving. You can sleep/study.

M@v

Subarashii!
Im shaky on super dso, but im definitely going to see whats up with vc8.

Btw, I want to make sure the era of philly being the only smash scene in the state ends. I want state college to stay an active scene along with philly. Theres enough people here to have a state college community; We just need to get a tourney venue besides people's apartments, which I will be working on this week.

And theres a lot of talent here. Umbra and I are the two main tourney veterans here, then theres melon a couple others just as good as him, then a large group of regulars who aren't as active, but still show up once in a while.

mib004

Smash Ace
U will not beat me this time if u play me, i forgot to ban FD, I will demolish that whack DDD of your's and if you go mk "and its not rainbow lol, its over for u :)"

Inui

Banned via Warnings
U will not beat me this time if u play me, i forgot to ban FD, I will demolish that whack DDD of your's and if you go mk "and its not rainbow lol, its over for u :)"
Nah son, I got some Wario practice in recently.

im prolli gonna come to this if i got the money. who wanna team.

u up for it inui
You're definitely in the right skill level to team with me now (like Vex and Squall), but I'm going to bring Zucco and team with him. He's one of my favorite partners now, if not most favorite.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
$100 to whoever gives me a ride =D
done, i will

il likely pick u up the day before and drop u off sat night

edit: which means housing is included, i dont mind if u stay over
I'll do it for $85. Sorry Cheebz... but you're hosting this tourney and could possibly make profit while i live right near him. Also, he won't have to spend the night away from home. (Which i know his parents wouldn't like).

Whadya say Woodman? Deal.... or No Deal???

@ Smurf.... Smurf, let's team for this and get good practice in before MLG DC.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Nasty with the snake move lol. I approve.

Blah blah I'll prob be at this etc etc. I really wanna do doubles, but my luck with finding partners is due to run out about now, so I'll probably be stuck doing singles..... -__________-

Top Bottom