• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Completely bending the topic here but, I would love to see a new mechanic that lets you platform drop while you're laying down.
They had this in Playstation all-stars and it was actually pretty nifty.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think some people might've been annoyed at the gambling and sexism shown instead of just hating him.
Nah, I'm pretty sure it was because 90% of gamers at the title were convinced that he was gay. I'll admit, back in 2005 when they did the poll for it, I was a huge homophobe but thankfully I got over that by 2009.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nah, I'm pretty sure it was because 90% of gamers at the title were convinced that he was gay. I'll admit, back in 2005 when they did the poll for it, I was a huge homophobe but thankfully I got over that by 2009.

I'm glad to hear you got better too. :)

And yeah, that's silly. I get the whole "Link's a fairy" or "Tingle's a fairy" joke, but come on. -_- Ugh, the stereotypes hurt.

Groose for AT.

D

Deleted member

I hope there will be an option to turn off stage hazards. That way, there won't be a controversy in selecting stages.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I hope there will be an option to turn off stage hazards. That way, there won't be a controversy in selecting stages.
Once again this was in PSA.
Even though it was a more or less failed smash clone, it DID have some really great options and game mechanics that should find their way into smash.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
M2K confirmed the Megaman metagame: Spam Leafshield.
Apparently Megaman's down smash does 45% in one full hit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Disregarding the boxing ring, we know where do each stages come from. But, what about this one?

Has anyone got any idea of what could this stage be?

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990

Most guys were homophobic to some degree at least in one point in their life.

Hey now, no one has even played the game, let alone seen it in its final form.

D

Deleted member

Disregarding the boxing ring, we know where do each stages come from. But, what about this one?

Has anyone got any idea of what could this stage be?
I'm thinking it's some kind of cavern from Legend of Zelda series. Who knows. Maybe we'll learn more about it within few months.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Most guys were homophobic to some degree at least in one point in their life.
Hey now, no one has even played the game, let alone seen it in its final form.
Phobia means an irrational fear of something. I think you're overplaying that a bit.
And M2K is a **** time traveler, and he did get to playtest it, Sakurai took him in the back of E3.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Some are saying it could be from Donkey Kong Country Returns (kinda reminds me of the Damp Dungeon level).
Checked that video and I don't think it is based on that level. It makes sense that it could be a DKCR stage since the game is available on the 3DS too, but the visuals don't match: Damp Dungeon look like ancient ruins, while that unknown stage looks more like a natural cave.

Smur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4141-3292-3562
Where did you find that out? Does he have a thread open or something where he talks about it?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
You can also briefly see that stage in the first trailer at around 1:01.

I think it's a Donkey Kong stage or maybe an Adventure Mode stage, given the size of it, but it could be a large stage like Temple or New Pork City as well...

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
If that is a stage indeed, then it has one heck of a roof. Look at how high Mario jumped; he would have died on most stages if he jumped that high.
My bet is an adventure mode area or a custom stage.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Where did you find that out? Does he have a thread open or something where he talks about it?
No, he joked about it on the Xanadu stream, VGBootCamp.
But he did get to play, and Megaman's Down smash does do 45% in the version he played :p

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I presume the powerful smash attacks will be balanced out by the cool down system, hopefully.

Balance is a bit of a concern, but with guys behind Soul Caliber and Tekken involved I do have confidence that the games will be less divisive at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom