• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Does anyone think there will be further characters and stages at San Diego Comic Con?

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I think maybe TGS or maybe a couple Nintendo Directs down the line.
You know how Nintendo likes to do their own thing.

D

Deleted member

No. The only conferences that Nintendo consistently has a presence at are GDC and E3. Sometimes they'll go to some of the European/Australian annual gaming conventions but that's about it.
Then it looks like we'll be spending months waiting.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'll guarantee that we'll get a Nintendo Direct sometime in December/January that focuses on varies titles coming out sometime in 2014 like Super Smash Bros., X, Bayonetta 2, Yoshi's Epic Yarn, and the unknown Sonic title.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Okay, this is nice and all but what does a character being LGBT or not have to do with Smash?

Kinda making me physically uncomfortable that ''being gay" is a discussion of something that's against someone getting included in the franchise.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Okay, this is nice and all but what does a character being LGBT or not have to do with Smash?

Kinda making me physically uncomfortable that ''being gay" is a discussion of something that's against someone getting included in the franchise.
You can thank user Diddy Kong and his Impa propaganda for that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Impa's a lesbian?!

You go girl.

But no seriously dudes it's just...no. I don't see why it's continued beyond his initial comments.
All this talk about homosexuality started with Diddy Kong stating that Tingle, Sheik and Ghirahim shouldn't be in Smash because Zelda shouldn't represent "crossdressing gay orgies" (yes, those were his exact words) and used that to back his claim on how Impa should be in Smash instead.

Faulty logic at its finest, but then again, it's not like this has happened before. Anyone who's been around here in the last six or seven months is already sick of Diddy Kong's incessant Impa nonsense.

And this thread also has the reputation of derailing into all sorts of subjects unrelated to Smash.

otter

Smash Ace
I see the new Link as the all-encompassing Link, with the biggest mixtures being OoT, TP, and SS.

Considering that they just recently made an official timeline of Zelda, and seperated the various Links, It would be a strange time to start combining them in Smash.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
For the record I was calling Impa a lesbian because I knew that would probably rifle Diddy Kong's feathers. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I understand that, but why would they specify which Link they were using in all Smash games except the one that came out when the various Links were most defined?

focus on the question being asked, another irrelevant definition won't help.
Except my answer was relevant, though.

Link in Smash 4 has visual traits from various Links (mostly based on TP Link, but having a color scheme similar to SS Link), because it is supposed to represent all Links in the Zelda games. The trophy description of Link in Brawl proves my point further by having a general description of the Link character overall, disregarding any particular characteristics that vary between the many incarnations of Link.

Link in Smash isn't supposed to be one specific Link, but a representation of all Links overall. Same could be said for Zelda in Brawl who has Sheik transformation and spells from Ocarina of Time while having her TP look and the Light Arrows, which are used by Zelda in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I have nothing against Tingle, and while I can't provide examples for this, I just feel that there would probably be better "joke" characters that would be more interesting and also provide more to the game's content. Assuming of course he would be a joke character, like Pichu.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Definitely have to take a moment to realize Sakurai specifically addressed airdodging in an interview, and said it's very subject to change. As if it was one of the main concerns of this, and many other, communities. Because it is one.

That's a HUGE sign to me that airdodging will definitely be changed and there is a lot of promise for this game competitively.

Brawl wasn't even Sakurai's final form, apparently.

In other news, is anyone up for that "Changes we would like to see in Smash 4" thread? Without making it look completely aggressive?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't think Tingle should be a joke character. He could be seen as a troll addition for some, but that's it.
Tingle fits better on the Fighting Clown category, since I imagine his moveset revolving around silly and wacky moves. He could also have bombs and his balloon would work well for a recovery move.

A good joke character could be some very weak, unevolved (and maybe unpopular) Pokémon. (Not Magikarp, though. Magikarp is too awesome to be a joke character.)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Magikarp wouldn't be so awesome without Splash. It's splash move would be so powerful, it would never even have the need to dodge, and it wouldn't even need a Final Smash. Splash would render Magikarp broken and it would banned from tournaments before the game would be released.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I didn't have a single emotional response to SSE's story at all that I wouldn't have had through just unlocking the characters. I like the thought of seeing Smash characters interact, but I'm pretty sure the only time you saw that happening in SSE was with Ness and Lucas... the rest was just a bunch of determined looking trophies confronting other determined looking trophies.

Also, I'm pretty sure Impa, as an insanely dedicated retainer to the royalty of Hyrule, was raised and trained to be asexual and have no commitments outside of the throne.

I mean... she pretty much sat in one place for a hundred years to wait for Link. That takes dedication.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I mean... she pretty much sat in one place for a hundred years to wait for Link. That takes dedication.

Didn't she sit there for a thousand years? Then again, it's been a while since I last played Skyward Sword. Ah well your point still stands.

Impa had a lot of patience... and free time...

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Didn't she sit there for a thousand years? Then again, it's been a while since I last played Skyward Sword. Ah well your point still stands. Impa had a lot of patience... and free time...

Yeah, been awhile since I played it as well. It probably was 1000... sounds more epic, makes Impa sitting still a little more impressive when you know that she's not just human old, but magic old.

I like to assume that, whenever nobody's watching, she actually did a whole bunch of shiz. Sure, the temple had a door that Link couldn't get through, but Impa just teleports through it to her game room to play with her massive LEGO collection.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Fighters always have sketchy story modes though because the transition to actual gameplay ****s up everything. It's VERY limiting.

I know people loved Melee's adventure mode, I did too, but it wasn't exactly all that "adventurous", nor did it allow pretty much any interaction at all with playable characters. We basically just had the small cinematics where unlockable characters would make appearances.

A mix of SSE and Melee Adventure Mode would be nice.

This was amazing for me when I first watched it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Melee's adventure mode sucked pretty badly after playing like after the 5th time around. Especially when you need to play it about 25 times with every character if you're striving for 100%.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I agree that neither Melee's nor Brawl's adventure modes were as good as they could be, and... Oh, let me just post what I did on another thread.

SSE didn't represent Nintendo franchises well anyway... It was fun to a degree, but there are much better uses of the team's time than creating a bunch of new enemies when the Nintendo universe is already filled to the brim with interesting minions.

I kind of just want each character unlocked to also unlock a new single player/co-op chapter that takes place in their world. First, you beat that chapter with the character that it's linked to and then you unlock the ability to play through it with whoever.

All I really want is the ability to play as Nintendo characters in other Nintendo universes. Playing through Little Mac's Boxing Tournament chapter as, say, a little Blue Robot with a full arsenal of explosives would really just make my life better.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
The SSE was cool until you realized that it was put together like a very badly written fan fiction. I can't decide if Melee or Brawl had the better adventure mode. Melee's quickly became tedious and, aside from the cutscenes, the SSE was like a watered down Kirby game. Maybe this is why I've always simply preferred Classic mode.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Fighting games and stories usually don't mix well. I never heard of a fighting game that had a praise-worthy story.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Classic mode is fine, but it kind of suffers from the same problem the Adventure Mode from Melee did. It got tedious, especially if you wanted to get all of the trophies. It got a tad worse in Brawl where the diversity was reduced even further and you had to literally play as every character, meaning you had to essentially get Red's (inb4 HyperFalcon butthurt) Pokemon, both forms of Samus, and Zelda and Sheik on seperate playthroughs.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
According to the internet, Wii Fit Trainer is lesbian with Samus.
Samus is also paired with the other princesses. But that's nothing compared to the large amount of yaoi in the SSB fanbase. :troll:

On a sidenote, I'm still wondering how the Campaign Mode will be compared to Melee's Adventure and Brawl's Subspace.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Fighting games and stories usually don't mix well. I never heard of a fighting game that had a praise-worthy story.
The only fighting game that had a decent storyline was Injustice: God Among Us. I can't even think of anything past that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom