• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I've been getting anxious about the lack of Smash news but it's probably for the best while PSASBR is in it's pre-release hype.

Anyone have any idea of when news might come?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've been getting anxious about the lack of Smash news but it's probably for the best while PSASBR is in it's pre-release hype.

The closest time I can think of is either when the Wii U is at/close release or the next Nintendo Direct (which will most likely happen close/at Wii U launch). But even then I'm having some doubts on those times. I still think E3 will be our best bet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm thinking there's a very very good chance we won't see a trailer or any actual content until E3 2013 (which I think is guaranteed to have some Smash at it), but there's probably a decent chance about hearing some new info (though nothing major) at a future Nintendo Direct (obviously before E3), though I'd guess it wouldn't be until the Wii U was already out.

Just my guess. I definitely thought differently a year ago, but now I realize how unrealistic my expectations were. :laugh:

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
A Trailer at E3 next year wouldn't be a sudden move either, because of the fact that the game was announced at E3 2011. Though development didn't start yet until Uprising was finished.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
We got a trailer for Brawl after six months of development. If we don't get a trailer for SSB4 after more than a -year-, something is seriously wrong...Sakurai is spending too much time photographing his cat and not enough time getting work done, perhaps.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
We got a trailer for Brawl after six months of development. If we don't get a trailer for SSB4 after more than a -year-, something is seriously wrong...Sakurai is spending too much time photographing his cat and not enough time getting work done, perhaps.
Alternativley, Nintendo wants to wait to release a trailer until they know the game will be out in a year or so, probably to avoid all the delays that came with Brawl.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think after the Twilight princess and Brawl over hype Ninty is announcing games closer to release. Smash 4 seems to have been an exception to get people interested in the WiiU

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
How about we don't get any trailers at all and just have Nintendo release the game without any advertising

Have people discover copies of the game on their own

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think after the Twilight princess and Brawl over hype Ninty is announcing games closer to release. Smash 4 seems to have been an exception to get people interested in the WiiU
Yes and no. They announced the game, but we have yet to see anything like a trailer or even screenshots. You can't hype much off of nothing.

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
If we don't get a trailer by E32013 I will be disappointed. Also I'm wondering what the box art will look like. It will probably be something family friendly like usual, but I'm still hoping for something a bit more dark and edgy. I remember just after Brawl was announced there was this awesome picture of Mario standing in fire. Whether it was official boxart or just fan made it was still awesome and I was pretty disappointed when it wasn't used in the final version. So if Nintendo does come up with some cool artwork I hope they will stick with it. Also does anyone have a picture of that Mario boxart? I can't find it anywhere.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Standing in fire? Sounds more dark than it actually was. It was just Mario getting hit by Bowser's flame. There is no reason for the art to be "dark" unless the game takes that tone as a whole. It just needs to be cool. I'd kill for some 2d artwork again. Something in the vein of the Mario soccer titles, only they don't have to be pissed at everything, hahaha.

:phone:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I don't ever recall seeing that pic. I'd assume it was fan made.
That was E3 2008, not last year.
That guy stole the show forever; we're still talking about it.

It will probably be something family friendly like usual, but I'm still hoping for something a bit more dark and edgy.
Dark and edgy wouldn't fit the overall tone of the game and series. I think that all 3 games have had great artwork without having to resort to something as unnecessary as darkness and edge for the sake of darkness and edge.

Ember Reaper

Smash Journeyman

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've hearing it's only focusing on the 3DS (and it doesn't seem to be a big show this time) so nothing Sm4sh related.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I doubt anything Smash related will be announced in any directs, that kind of announcement is meant for E3. You know, when the majority of the gaming community is watching? It's pretty self-explanatory.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I doubt anything Smash related will be announced in any directs, that kind of announcement is meant for E3. You know, when the majority of the gaming community is watching? It's pretty self-explanatory.
I didn't actually think we'd get any Smash info at this Direct, but getting some info at a Nintendo Direct before E3 wouldn't be unprecedented (though unlikely) as we got no Smash info at E3 when "the majority of the gaming community was watching", but later at the Nintendo Direct afterwards.

It would seem self-explanatory, but Nintendo (and especially Sakurai) are sometimes hard to predict.

On a related note, with Reggie's latest comments about Miyamoto, EAD, and Retro's games to probably be shown at E3 (obvious, but at least now stated) along with Smash being extremely probable, it could be one of Nintendo's best E3s yet. And it's only just 9 months away! :rolleyes::awesome::urg:

Seriously though, as long as we get some Smash next E3 (which is very likely), I'll be satisfied.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I didn't actually think we'd get any Smash info at this Direct, but getting some info at a Nintendo Direct before E3 wouldn't be unprecedented (though unlikely) as we got no Smash info at E3 when "the majority of the gaming community was watching", but later at the Nintendo Direct afterwards.
The funny thing is people actually expected more Smash info at E3 this year, and it got some serious down votes by IGN and got last place. No Smash Bros info being one of the reasons. But what can you do, they are IGN. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, as long as we get some Smash next E3 (which is very likely), I'll be satisfied.
It was enough for me to be satisfied at last years E3, and i think the audience agrees. lol Just hearing Iwata mention "Smash Bros" was enough for the audience to go woooo. Though nothing will top the audience reaction for Twilight Princess' first trailer at E3 2004.

There'd be no higher honor than having a baby the same day as the Smash 4 trailer. :troll:

Of course, I'd probably miss seeing the trailer, so... nah. :laugh::awesome:
Who needs a baby when you have the trailer for SSB4? xD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The funny thing is people actually expected more Smash info at E3 this year, and it got some serious down votes by IGN and got last place. No Smash Bros info being one of the reasons. But what can you do, they are IGN. :rolleyes:
If people had actually read articles with Sakurai explaining how early in development the game was, it should've come as no surprise that Smash was absent this year, as much as we hoped otherwise. If they did no follow-up reading after E3 2011 (which I suspect the majority fall into) before E3 2012, I suppose I understand when many were quite upset over the lack of Smash, but for anyone following it was pretty obvious the Smash presence would be minimal to none.

It was enough for me to be satisfied at last years E3, and i think the audience agrees. lol Just hearing Iwata mention "Smash Bros" was enough for the audience to go woooo. Though nothing will top the audience reaction for Twilight Princess' first trailer at E3 2004.
Yeah, TP at E3 04 is a hard contender to beat, but with EAD's game, Retro's game, and a Smash 4 trailer (especially one that shows Ridley and/or Megaman) it might be possible. Unless the Smash 4 trailer is shown after the presentation, like with Brawl, to a smaller group of people. :ohwell:

Who needs a baby when you have the trailer for SSB4? xD
Exactly. ;)

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
When Sonic and Snake use their (B)^ moves, they lose their ability to use their (B) moves. So, that same mechanic can be performed with any character.
Yeah but they can still use other specials (You wouldn't believe how many times i've used Snake's sideB after recovering. Also if Pit is hit out of WoI he can still attack in the air, he just can't fly again.

That aside... Guys, apparently I'll get to trail the wii-u at the EB expo (dunno what it's like in America but it'll make me one of the first in Australia to do so). This expo just gets better and better! :-D

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
They had the Wii-U at SD Comic-Con and at other events for Club Nintendo members. I got to play Nintendoland, lol :colorful:

FlappyFalco

Smesh Ace
NNID
HyperToxBox64
3DS FC
3866-8228-7394
Switch FC
SW-5551-9470-0820
http://www.examiner.com/article/wii-u-eshop-pre-paid-cards-hit-retailers-at-three-different-price-points

Look's like we're getting Nintendo Network on 3DS soon!:smirk:

Speaking of the 3DS,my head keeps telling me that the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros.4 will dilute the Wii U version's quality,specifically the replay value.:urg:The best thing about Brawl fot me was that it kept me going for a long time(currently,350 hours and I still haven't got everything).Really they* should release the 3DS version about 2 months earlier than the Wii U version.That would:A.Give them* time to give the Wii U version another coat of polish. and B.The 3DS version would sell better as fans will buy it to keep them going until the Wii U version.:grin:

*Sora/Namco

:phone:

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Clones does not hinder Smash, it helps it. If clones were to be completely scrapped, balancing would be a problem. And a lot more time and creativity would have to be put into the characters during development, look what happened to Sonic in Brawl. So i do agree that SSB4 does need clones, but not too many. Only the characters that need it, such as Luigi. Ganondorf has no excuse though.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not following that line of logic. Ideally, you want characters to be as diverse as possible. Even with clones, they still need to be treated as their own entities that need their proper balancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom