• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Brothers Crusade - v0.9.0 Demo Available for download!

Jeff the Killer

Smash Cadet
This is a pretty alright game. Slow on certain computers, almost impossible to close out, laggy, and moreover some things are over-exaggerated. All in all, it is good.

Graphics: 4.5
Gameplay: 10.0
Aesthetics: 10.0
Balance: 10.0
Overall: 9.25

Really great game.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I found it odd that he rated aesthetics at a 10 and graphics at a 4.5. Those tend to go hand-in-hand as to how they affect each other so there's no reason for the aesthetics to be a 10 or the other way around for graphics.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
@dett: I see. I'm assuming you don't play the character much anymore? Do you have a good idea of what ways this character can be played? I'm inherently aggressive and like to rushdown and tech chase and hopeflly Tails can do this.

@felipe: thanks for that. That helps me out in terms of how to approach playing this character.

:phone:

Also, can you give me a list of mechanics that are present/absent from Melee/Brawl such as moonwalks, and RARs?

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I don't play Tails a whole lot anymore but I still use him every once in a while. Mostly in friendlies.
Evidently Fleep and I have completely different playstyles and I don't think his would work very well against a human since Tails' spin dash is a lot slower than Sonic's.

AFAIK, you keep most of your momentum from a run when you jump like in Melee, we have pseudo-wavedashing (called Crusadashing, it's a wavedash but it doesn't give you any momentum on the ground), 64-style Lcancelling but slightly dumbed down (3 frames of landing lag, shield must be held when your character touches the ground during an aerial).
From Brawl we have stuff like Perfect Shielding.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
What character archetype do you think Tails fills?

I'm pretty interested, but I can't seem to find any active...or general discussion period on this guy.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I don't play Tails a whole lot anymore but I still use him every once in a while. Mostly in friendlies.
Evidently Fleep and I have completely different playstyles and I don't think his would work very well against a human since Tails' spin dash is a lot slower than Sonic's.

AFAIK, you keep most of your momentum from a run when you jump like in Melee, we have pseudo-wavedashing (called Crusadashing, it's a wavedash but it doesn't give you any momentum on the ground), 64-style Lcancelling but slightly dumbed down (3 frames of landing lag, shield must be held when your character touches the ground during an aerial).
From Brawl we have stuff like Perfect Shielding.
i think otherwise ihave been playing with tails and i found that he haves a really good shield pressure game: Spin dash to DJ Float Cancel Nair to spindash is safe on shields also, most of Sonic's spindash mechanics (extra htibox on JC Insta turnaround from air charge to ground) apply to his spindash, making it similar to sonic, just a little bit slower, but still pretty safe on shields.

EDIT: There is DJC and Float Cancel too.

as for tails specific ATm he haves Float cancel and a multitude of AT derivated from spindash (he basically can cancel spindash into any of his specials, a jump or any of his aerials. if he cancels its into an aerial, a jump, an up, down or side b he will retain the momentum and the hitbox of the spindash. while you are in spindash charge animation,you can do an instant turnaround without any kind of starting lag 8this is useful if you do an aerial spindash then cancel it into a spindash close to the ground because you will be able to do a lagless reversed spindash)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Crusade doesn't have float cancelling. Float Cancelling is when attacks have no landing lag out of a float (see: melee peach float cancelled bair > dsmash on shield).

HaZarD2kv

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaZarD2kv
Pikachu.

Why is he broken? His Up-B cancelling has invincibility that lasts way too long. Example - He can Up-B cancel into a thunderbolt, and can't be punished.

Kyo Kusanagi

Smash Ace
Oh I see you guys found what i Discovered about a week ago a best friend of mine was asked to join the balance team because it was so broken. Pikachu's Up cancel would cause even the best to become salty with johns lol. I watched in horror what a pikachu main at pro level would do. It was some serious pwnage and the speed was too fast to counter attack even if you attack out of shield there are no options even in the air. You cant approach it all you can do is edge guard and protect yourself with invincibility and even then you might get touched by the hit box Its on Facebook right now. Its time that the dawn of the specials arose over the A side in the world of crusade. lol
Leave it to me!(Yes I main Tails and he's top tier!)
Also, pikachu can up-b cancel to any move and because of it there will be a patch released soon so just hang in there a little longer,,,,

ajefk

Smash Rookie
GMFMODSimple.dll where do i download it from like cmon every link i follow leads to another webpage and to another and then to another aghhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's driving me crazy

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Oh I see you guys found what i Discovered about a week ago a best friend of mine was asked to join the balance team because it was so broken. Pikachu's Up cancel would cause even the best to become salty with johns lol. I watched in horror what a pikachu main at pro level would do. It was some serious pwnage and the speed was too fast to counter attack even if you attack out of shield there are no options even in the air. You cant approach it all you can do is edge guard and protect yourself with invincibility and even then you might get touched by the hit box Its on Facebook right now. Its time that the dawn of the specials arose over the A side in the world of crusade. lol
Leave it to me!(Yes I main Tails and he's top tier!)
Also, pikachu can up-b cancel to any move and because of it there will be a patch released soon so just hang in there a little longer,,,,
Dont worry, Pika Upb Inv. glitch its going to be fixed, in the meanwhile we decided thats its going to be banned from online tournaments.

EDIT: Ajekf, redownload the game, you have missing files, may be caused by a faulty decompression.

mudbabyjeff

Smash Rookie
problem please help !!!!

i recently downloaded the smash bro crusades v0.8.4 and im having problems because i have 7 zip and everything works fine until i hit it to start and then it sais i dont have GMFMOD.simpledll and then the screen plays random images and wont shut off i have to restart computer please help!!!!

itsameluigi1290

Smash Journeyman
NNID
luigitime1290
Oh my gosh it's Detta from Brawl in the Forums.

Anyways, I like this game, it's really fun, though it's pretty hard for me, dunno why.

Oh, and I encountered only one glitch. I was playing as Tails in Classic against Jigglypuff in Saffron City, and when I KO'd her, the match didn't end. I had to kill myself, and when I did, it said I beat the match, and I could continue with unlimited lives. It's not a problem for me, since I have trouble in classic mode, but I just wanted to point that out to you.

And how do you unlock Shadow?

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
0.8.4 has a virus DO NOT DOWNLOAD!!!!!!! I tried downloading but my antivirus will just keep removing it.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Crusade has never had any viruses. However, you often need administrative permissions or an exception in your antivirus settings to get it to play.

:phone:

Thessbmzocker

Smash Apprentice
@itsameluigi1290 how to get shadow: Complete 20 Versus Matches or play a Versus Match that has both Sonic and Tails. ( Hint: do the second one...its easier and faster xD. Just play as sonic and choose tails as your enemy. stock with one life. jump of the edge and die. Tails wins and you should unlock shadow^^)

MikeMan214

Smash Apprentice
It is saying the threat name WS.Reputation.1.I will NOT download this.:scared:I am kind of scared. By the way I am using Norton Internet Security.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
That means it hasn't been used by very many Norton users so they don't know if anything malicious is in it. Hence "Reputation". Doesn't mean anything's wrong with the file.

Top Bottom