• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Survivor: Gabon - featuring Melee champion Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Been a Survivor fan since Palua(sp?) and I've even submitted my own application for this season... Kinda glad I didn't make it now.

Rooting for ya Ken.

(Guess I'll be the 2nd gamer to appear on Survivor...T_T)

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ken is back from Africa. I'm sure if he won, it would've been leaked out. If they're still filming the show, then he lost.
I'm pretty sure they keep all the contestants on the island until the last day, then lets them go, then back to the reunion the say the winner
But I wouldnt be surprised if he lost >.>
This is how Survivor works:
Weeks of pre-filmed footage air, each time someone gets voted off, they immediately go home.

Then, they bring all contestants back for a final Live show where the voted off contestants get to vote which one of the remaining 2 finalists should get the prize.

According to Wikipedia, "Survivor Gabon" began filming in "Late June". This could be anywhere from June 16th - June 30th, though you usually don't say "Late June" 'til around the 20th. Wikipedia also states that the finalists stayed on the island for 39 days.

Which means they stayed there 'til sometime between July 24th and August 7th. Now, if Ken came back anywhere between July 25th and August 7th, it's not 100% that he's not among the finalists. But if he came home before July 24th, then we can safely assume he didn't make.

In short: When did Ken come back from Gabon? Even if he came back inbetween the time period which would indicate he might be a finalist, the winner has yet to be voted forth. The only thing we can determine through math and time frames is whether or not he's a finalist.

So hop to it people! When did Ken come back?

BTW, the winner of the audience's vote usually wins either a car or $100,00.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ken is about to become the most known gamer in the world (though maybe on par with Korean SC players).

We couldn't have asked for something better for the community.

EDIT: from mama;'s post it looks like he came back just before EVO, so first week of August. So...8 weeks?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ummm.... Yuna, how are we going to figure out when Ken got back, I mean we can't just ask him...
Why not? I doubt there's a clause in his contract that states "You may never at any time tell people when you got back!". And if there is, I doubt he hid in his house 'til a certain point in time.

Maybe someone saw him back already in mid-July or something.

MetaRidleyX

Smash Apprentice
Thats amazing. I'd never think that a smasher, the melee world champ none the less, would be on survivor. I'm definatly rooting for Ken, he's got mindgames :D.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
Why not? I doubt there's a clause in his contract that states "You may never at any time tell people when you got back!". And if there is, I doubt he hid in his house 'til a certain point in time.

Maybe someone saw him back already in mid-July or something.
If he tried to keep the fact hes on the show a secret, I doubt he'll give out information that will let you know how far he made it to the game

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Is this show in America only? I'm in the Uk and I want to see it but I don't think I can...

peeup

Smash Lord
Well, although I don't think he'll make it very far, I'll be rooting for him.
Honestly, though, you can't make a shelter by wavesmashing...
Hopefully there'll be a competition where you have to lift stuff... with your fingers. Ken would own that.
^^^^^Feel free to sig =D

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
C'mon Keeennnnn.

I can't believe a professional gamer is actually on Survivor.

:D

I'm going to watch Survivor for the first time in years because of that guy. ^^

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Rofl at your sig looking up her skirt.

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
I doubt he made it to the final two. It would be awesome if he did, but I don't think it will happen. He looks very young compared to everyone else, and they usually vote out people who aren't white, unfortunately.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
"They have already taped everything but the final episode, so he was already gone for a while."
why does that mean he was already gone for awhile?
I think hes going to make it to a final challenge with two people on huge platform, the goal being to knock each other off.Ken will knock the other person off and right before they grab the ledge ken edge hogs and his opponent falls to certain doom.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Alls I have to say is how the Fu%^ did he get on that show.
He did what Yau-Man did...
He did what James did...
He did what Rob did...
He did what I did...

He filled out the application.

The only difference between them and me is that I haven't been slected to be on the show yet.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
do you think ken's going to come here and see this? :D

by the way, everyone should spread this knowledge to all smashers and other gamers. we must band together :)

oh and, sorry ferro, maybe next time! good luck!

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
This is quite cool. I don't particularly like survivor, but I may watch it just for this.

Well, although I don't think he'll make it very far, I'll be rooting for him.
Honestly, though, you can't make a shelter by wavesmashing...
Hopefully there'll be a competition where you have to lift stuff... with your fingers. Ken would own that.
^^^^^Feel free to sig =D
You said you wanted that post sigged. You didn't say what part ;D

edit: bah, I hate the way I can't fit a quote and an image in my sig without it getting cut off >_>

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
wow, this is good news, at least now we have someone that can represent Smash, congrats to him, and he'll surely get my vot.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I don't feel like explaining the details, but suffice to say that you're mistaken in your assumption. Also, the winner isn't known until the end of the show, as they tally the votes on live TV. The top 2 are stuck waiting for months before they find out who wins.
Yeah, he's right, although recently there have been some final 3's.

It's already been filmed several months ago.

On a side note, Jeff Probst (the host to you non-watchers) has said he loves Ken, and that he's a true nerd.

Ken FTW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom