• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF GYM:(Injuries abound XD)

Have you worked out today?

• Yes!

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • I will right now.

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Wherever you want me to be... If you're female.
Oatmeal, lol. Excellent source iirc.

And lol, when I run I do pyramids, Tiger. Run 5 laps, walk 1, run 4 laps, walk 2, etc.
Ahh, I'm the sprinter type. =D

Oh Smash_Gigas, you may just be a sprinter type. I'm in excellent shape but running for too long will take a toll on me. I CAN run like 12+ miles, but not at competitive levels. Sprinting FTW.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I definitely prefer sprinting. Although I'm kind of out of shape at the moment. I don't like long distances cause they slow you down.

Also 12 miles? Going marathoning?

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Alright Water(I'm calling you this, deal with it :mad:), you can post if you want to. Progress wont happen quick though, so don't worry.

As for food, the number one rule is don't eat anything you hate! Tell me what kind of food you like and I'll give you suggestions. If its healthy, keep eating it. If its not, I'll find you a substitute that you'll like.:chuckle:
I actually prefer to be called Water. :p

Huh, well tbh I'm not a healthy eater if I only eat stuff I like. Most types of meat I like. I love bread, usually no matter what kind. (wheat, white, etc.).

Only vegetable I find tolerable really is lettuce thus far. I've kind of forced myself to try it out a few times and have grown at taste for it... I don't know, I just don't agree with veggies that much >.> especially heated or steamed veggies. Disgusting.
But corn, potatoes, and some others are very good to me.

I like some fruits. Grapes, apple, sometimes oranges... though not really many other than that I guess.

That's all I can think of..

edit:
I think age and height is factored into weight too nux. I'm 180 and around 6 feet or around that. Not too proud of it but I guess I shouldn't beat myself up over it. I really just need a.. better shape.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I actually prefer to be called Water. :p

Huh, well tbh I'm not a healthy eater if I only eat stuff I like. Most types of meat I like. I love bread, usually no matter what kind. (wheat, white, etc.).

Only vegetable I find tolerable really is lettuce thus far. I've kind of forced myself to try it out a few times and have grown at taste for it... I don't know, I just don't agree with veggies that much >.> especially heated or steamed veggies. Disgusting.
But corn, potatoes, and some others are very good to me.

I like some fruits. Grapes, apple, sometimes oranges... though not really many other than that I guess.

That's all I can think of..

edit:
I think age and height is factored into weight too nux. I'm 180 and around 6 feet or around that. Not too proud of it but I guess I shouldn't beat myself up over it. I really just need a.. better shape.
Hmm, from the looks of it maybe a grilled chicken sandwich with lettuce would be appetizing to you?

When you can, go for multi-grain bread.

If you only like grapes, apples, and oranges, go for it! Not everyone likes everything... Although you are one of the pickiest eaters. :psycho:

Try and search around for more things you like...

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
BRING IT ON!

Tuna is seriously my new best friend,especially with sweetcorn,onion and mayo.

also it's funny how im the only one so far with before pic...

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Oh Smash_Gigas, you may just be a sprinter type. I'm in excellent shape but running for too long will take a toll on me. I CAN run like 12+ miles, but not at competitive levels. Sprinting FTW.
I've never looked at it that way... I take it there's sprinters, then marathon runners (not sure what you'd call that)? =/ I think I'd prefer long distance, though...

By the way, thanks again for the core workouts. Using those crunches, I feel a heck of a lot more muscles being used as opposed to when I was doing sit-ups. Good stuff.

so, how much do u guys weigh, I'm 129 ibs, and NOT proud of it...
I'm 193lbs, down from 235. I obviously still have some more work to do, though. I'm hoping this will improve my dame magnetry by 120%. xD

Dame: "Oh my... how did you get so fit?"
Me: "Videogame website."
Dame: "How romantic...! *Faints*"

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I've never looked at it that way... I take it there's sprinters, then marathon runners (not sure what you'd call that)? =/ I think I'd prefer long distance, though...

By the way, thanks again for the core workouts. Using those crunches, I feel a heck of a lot more muscles being used as opposed to when I was doing sit-ups. Good stuff.

I'm 193lbs, down from 235. I obviously still have some more work to do, though. I'm hoping this will improve my dame magnetry by 120%. xD

=D There is more than sprinters and marathon runners.

Short Sprint(50 meters - 400 meters)
Mid Distance(400 meters - 2 miles)
Long Distance(2 miles - 10 miles)
Marathon/Triathlon/Decathlon/Super Long(12 miles+)

Some people drift between those slots. Some are specialized for one slot only. That is strictly biological.

No problem! Keep up the core. :)

^ This is worthy of an Oscar.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I saw the thread so I decided I would start working out again. I will be returning to my old routine(once I get everything.)
3 sets of 35 push ups
125 box jumps(2 ft box)
40 pull ups
50 leg sweeps
25 Kettle ball lifts per side( I need the ball still. :( How much are these roughly? I am looking for 25 kilos)
25 minute run(not jog.)
40 pull ups to finish it off again.

I am missing a pull up bar, and a kettle ball. So, anyone have any suggestions for replacements for those?

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I saw the thread so I decided I would start working out again. I will be returning to my old routine(once I get everything.)
3 sets of 35 push ups
125 box jumps(2 ft box)
40 pull ups
50 leg sweeps
25 Kettle ball lifts per side( I need the ball still. :( How much are these roughly? I am looking for 25 kilos)
25 minute run(not jog.)
40 pull ups to finish it off again.

I am missing a pull up bar, and a kettle ball. So, anyone have any suggestions for replacements for those?
Great to see you getting back into the workout routine. :)
This thread is like hotel california though, you can NEVER leave.

As for the kettle ball lifts, replacing it with a weight disc will work. You can tie a rope through the middle hole so it'll function like a kettle ball.

Pullup bar..... tree limbs, support beams, a STURDY door frame, jungle gyms(although childish, they are AMAZING).... get creative. :bee:

I used a support beam in my garage before actually getting one.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I don't know if it's just my imagination but I swear that the "v" in my stomach is getting more pronounced even after just a week or so,especially the bottom part.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I love jungle gyms for hanging crunches or whatever. Haha.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
I love jungle gyms for hanging crunches or whatever. Haha.
They're great aren't they? The military even uses bigger versions. :)

So how are you all doing with your workouts. I myself need to get back in the groove, I recently recovered from swine flu. >_>"

[Off Topic]
Which by the way is the biggest joke of a "pandemic". Wasn't much different from anything I've ever had before...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
ZOMG Sinz in the SWF Gym!

Wubs! <3

Now I'm back in the game (with a 1 week absence, life's busy yo)

I wish I took a before shot before I started my program, but alas... we'll all post holiday season pictures, right? Somewhat works as a motivator.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=124998Hello, I'm glad to have you on board! As for ab work outs sit-ups are actually not that helpful. The last 2/3 of the movement don't do anything for you(besides strain your neck). There is an amazing ab workout on the front page under "Tiger's Tips." Do that 5-6 times a week. Any questions feel free to ask. :)
Sorry been a bit busy the last few days.

Thanks for the tips :)

Actually dude, that link isn't working, says the page can't be found :(

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
*clicks on photo link and instinctively clicks on the magnifying glass*

Oh. You have a pretty fantastic nipple Sinz.

I'll probably get a pic up soonish.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
I used to smoke myself, its a hard habit to kick. Try joining a smokers quitting support program. There are TONS around. As for kicking the addiction, instead of trying to kick it all at once, make yourself stop smoking in the morning. When you finally don't need to smoke in the morning, try stopping smoking after dinner. Basically, don't try to quit all at once. Think about when you smoke, and remove smoking from one of those activities. That's how I did it.
Sorry for interrupting but just wanted to say this is wrong advice. The easiest way to quit smoking is to simply go cold turkey. Just plain stop.

But yeah, if you think you'll find it too difficult, get yourself to a smoking cessation clinic. They provide the best help, advice and support and have the best quit rates.

TigerWoods

Smash Champion
Warning, the pictures you see below may tarnish your view on life. I know I am unattractive, fat, ugly, hideous, and like a basement dweller, whatever. But, still. I wanna be the very best.
Before
OH MY ****ING GOD ITS A HUGE PICTURE
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8206/cimg6176.jpg

After
Lol Sinz. That picture really is ****ing huge. >_<
I had to replace the front with links due to the space constraints. >_>"

*clicks on photo link and instinctively clicks on the magnifying glass*

Oh. You have a pretty fantastic nipple Sinz.

I'll probably get a pic up soonish.
>_>"

Sorry for interrupting but just wanted to say this is wrong advice. The easiest way to quit smoking is to simply go cold turkey. Just plain stop.

But yeah, if you think you'll find it too difficult, get yourself to a smoking cessation clinic. They provide the best help, advice and support and have the best quit rates.
Whatever works for you really. I tried that first, but my willpower was too weak to just quit immediately. :)

Well since people are starting to do it, this can be my 'before' pic:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2619/3926055210_54a8b1674c.jpg
Woot. I shall reveal myself eventually. ;)

Chaco

Never Logs In
We should have someone put us all in one banner of before and after. Ahahaha.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
And maybe all of us doing the Captain Falcon pose when we all reach our goals hahahar ;)

OK. I really need to squeeze in more cardio. *Signs up for outdoor cross-training sessions*

Chaco

Never Logs In
Various falcon poses? LOL

Cao you do knee. Since apparently aussies do it well. Blazey set the standard.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am taking the flying knee obviously.

I love how much better i feel just during the day after working out. <3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Does anyone know what's the best time of the day to fit in a gym session?

Just for some perspective:

Morning: I am way too lazy to get up early enough to go to the gym, sleep is for the weak, like me.
Noon: In between my lunch break sounds like a good idea, but within a 1 - 1.5 hour timeframe + eating seems too cramped.
Evening: Sometimes I get too burned out from work I enter CBF mode, like last night. Also when I work out in the evenings, I tend to have higher chances of being unable to sleep.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The average person's body clock works best around the early afternoon. Morning is the second best choice, while night is usually a bad idea due to the problems it may cause with sleep.
>__>

I'm just about to switch over to my new night time workout (the gym is almost totally clear). But if I vaguely remember, I sleep pretty well due to how tired I am.

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Alright here's my official before pic:

Ignore the stupid farmers tan.

Top Bottom