• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF League of Legends Thread, Registration End January 20,2012 , 64 Man Sign-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Got talked into this by Sole.

Forums: FlyingFrenchman
Summoner: FlyingFrenchman
Captain: No

Champs (no particular order, but this is who I'm confident with, mains marked with very): Alistar, Anivia, Annie, Ezreal (very), Kassadin (very), Kennen (very), Morgana, Nasus, Wukong, Zilean, and really any AP carry that happens to be on free week except Orianna. I don't know, I just don't click with her.

Shroomed

Smash Master
Summoner Name - Dashiz

Captain - Sure

Question though, we're not allowed to put together our own team?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Summoner Name: Lethiz

Captain - Ok

Character - Annie. Maybe Orianna. I don't play any other chars seriously... I could try practicing a new one in case of a team mate that also mains ANnie so that there can be a rotation at least.

Btw, I have class Tuesday and THursday nights, so that you know. (5:30 pm to 9:30 Pm EST)

Level - 19

Leacero

Smash Lord
I like how only about 3 people have volunteered to be captain.

Forum name: Leacero
Summoner name: Leacero
Captain: No.

Preferred Roles: AP mid > whatever top > support > AD >> team cheerleader >> jungle

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh you are right. I edited my post

Turazrok

Smash Master
Summoner Name : Turazrok
Captain : TOM AND PALS (strangely enough)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Question though, we're not allowed to put together our own team?
We had a discussion about it in the thread, and a majority of people preferred if it was a player draft, as a majority were uncomfortable about all-star teams.

However, since you're a captain, you may just be able to pick everyone you had planned on picking. You might not get them all, but you might.

We probably will run a classic style tournament after. Thanks for understanding.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
What about Mango and SAFEHAVEN?

Both are banned from this subforum (Mango is banned from the site), but I imagine they might be interested in a tournament.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I might be up for playing in this.

Am I right in assuming it's Summoner's Rift, not Dominion?

Name is Dastrn in game.
captain: no.
never got above maybe 1350 on SR last season, and maybe 1400ish in 3s.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
You should put a registration dead line and set a date for the draft so that the tournament can actually get into motion if not this thing will never happen.
Also you may want to try another way to do bans, in Dota I believe they do the following.
Team B Ban 1
Team A Ban 2
Team B Ban 1

Champion Select
Team A Pick 1
Team B Pick 2
Team A Pick 2
Team B Pick 1

Team A Ban 1
Team B Ban 2
Team A Ban 1

Champion Select
Team B Pick 1
Team A Pick 2
Team B Pick 1

With 4 Bans Per Team you're really able to truly "counter" certain players and team make ups that wouldn't be possible with only 2 bans. Also would make for more interesting team set ups and unusual character picks.

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
Forum name : Xisin
Summoner name : Xilok
Do not want to be a captain
Champs : any Ad ranged Several top bruisers : Udyr, Nasus, Garen, Irelia, Shyvana, Riven, Few others... Taric, Trundle, Vladimir, i feel comfortable in any lane though... or jungle

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Forum Name: Espy Kasrani
Summoner Name: BuckaneerAjay

:applejack:

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Forum Name: Geoberos
Summoner Name: Geoberos
Champs: AD Ez, Support Sona, (Newbish Tank) Galio

Edit: Hope some of y'all are 'k with night time matches.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I agree with Dphat, there should be a strict and easily available schedule for this thing so that it actually gets going

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Both are banned from this subforum (Mango is banned from the site), but I imagine they might be interested in a tournament.
I'm fine with Mango playing in this tournament but safehaven (and his 100+ alts) are not welcome.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Forum Name: Omni
Summoner Name: InfernoOmni

This seems like it would be really hard to do. Getting 10 people online at once on multiple occassions will be a nightmare.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Forum Name: Peach Masta
Summoner Name: OMGage
Captain: Not really unless there needs to be another one
Champs: Support main. I'm confident in all the supports including support GP, Nunu and Leona.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Summoner name: pho20
Don't really want to be a captain

It's weird that a draft was chosen over arranged teams o_O

:phone:

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

they can sign up to play if they want. just have them ask someone to do it for them.

@dphat, hondafoo: the rules right above the sign-ups list states that sign ups are open for 2 weeks. -.-

Sign-ups will be open for two weeks. Please sign up and help make this tournament success!

Sign-ups:
@dphat: i like the way dota2 does bans and picks but i can only see it being confusing for every team every time they go to ban/pick @.@

@dastrn: yes it is summoners rift

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
The deadline needs to be in the thread title for emphasis. Also, 2 weeks is too long I think, people will have forgotten by then. Make it a few days at most, otherwise this thing will never get going.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I agree that 2 weeks is too long. I also really would like to see this be arranged. Understandable that a snake pick would be fine, but I don't know. I feel like it's a gamble on who you get on your team. It's basically doing solo queue, but it's a tournament match

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
The deadline needs to be in the thread title for emphasis. Also, 2 weeks is too long I think, people will have forgotten by then. Make it a few days at most, otherwise this thing will never get going.
i'll put it in the thread title, and i may just shorten the deadline to a week, but i hope people wouldnt forget about a tournament (multiple organized matches, most likely one set a week) after just two weeks.

I agree that 2 weeks is too long. I also really would like to see this be arranged. Understandable that a snake pick would be fine, but I don't know. I feel like it's a gamble on who you get on your team. It's basically doing solo queue, but it's a tournament match
so are we not allowed to put together our own team?
others also would like it to be arranged, but as i already said, i asked for opinions in the LoL thread and the majority expressed more interest in this format, and i do expect that we will host a tournament in the other format after this one is finished.

so no Lovage, sorry, not for this one, but probably for the next one.

poop?

oh and F8AL's decision on banning SAFEHAVEN overrides mine btw

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Forum Name: Malceezy
Summoner Name: Malceezy
Captain: Nope

I play AD Bottom the most, but I could support if need be. I suck @ mid and I only play weird champs top (Olaf has been mah fav for like 4 patches now) and the jungle well...jus isn't what it used to be l0l.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
Eh, what the hell.

Forum Name: Maaaaaaaaaan
Summoner Name: Maaaaaaaaaan
Captain: Nah

Nidalee and Leona are my main two, but I'll do any Support/Tank role.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I believe because Safehaven kept making tons of alt accounts and kept breaking the forum rules even further on them, where as Mango hasnt been deliberately attacking the site lol.

Maaaaaaaaaan

Smash Lord
NNID
Maaaaaaaaaan
I immediately remembered why I stopped reading the LoL thread. :\

Anyways, is information about what happens from here going to be in this thread, or in the main one?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Why do people stick their nose in other people business? It got nothing to do with you so why do you care?
Why do people stick their noses in other people's business? It got nothing to do with you so why do you care?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like this format because I don't know much people from SWF that play LoL to team with.

john!

Smash Hero
Why do people stick their nose in other people business? It got nothing to do with you so why do you care?
because i appreciate fair rules without double standards?

they are both banned from the site, so it makes sense to either allow them both or ban them both.

no need to get in a fuss over my question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom