• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda SWF: Project Zelda

Status
Not open for further replies.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Black hair just = emo and always will, especially with mute young adults. Blonde is the "hero color", while brown and red are alternatives to blonde. I say we keep black out entirely.

I honestly wouldn't mind making Zelda another race, particularly Zora or Rito. Perhaps the Zora royalty (which is completely gone at this point) was absorbed into the Hyrule Royal Family as another branch (not through marriage and blood) and they birthed the next Zelda.

Or even more interesting. What if Zelda was born to the Rito in Hylia Canyon and Link plays the role of seeking her out, rather than vice versa as seen in a number of games to date.

Link does not need heavy battle armor. Just because Hyrule is trying to restore its "classic" customs from the technological failure does not mean that armor will degrade. I do not imagine Link in a big, clunky suit of platemail or anything at all. If you guys would like, I can post the unfinished version of the Bio-Tunic drawing.
As a person with black, I resent that first paragraph! Black hair is every bit as heroish as blond and your bias will not be tolerated. :p

No ones saying he needs heavy battle armor, but a little change won't hurt. And yes, we must see the unfinished Bio Tunic! We must!

Seriously, I don't see why your so opposed to black hair, though. We need some variety.

Mewter

Smash Master
Cool, Spire. :)
I bet it will look even better when it's done.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
OR... the Triforce of Power was a fake, and Ganondorf had in his possession the entire time and destroyed Hyrule before revealing himself? I think we can build from that. Thoughts, anyone?
... *sigh*...
This group has been wandering off topic a lot lately.

Does this quote look familiar at all to you guys?

XACE-K

Smash Master
... *sigh*...

No. And neither does my idea of the possible Zelda.
VVV

I think the actual Zelda should be Hylian and be apart of the royal bloodline, but it wouldn't be who you think. The family would have a daughter who is thought to be this Zelda, but the one of her parents actually had a lover at some point of there life. So whoever had royalty running through their bloodline didn't pass it onto the daughter everyone thought would have it, but onto the other daughter.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
... *sigh*...

It's nothing to sweat about. I posted an idea not twice, but three times before it got (negative) feedback. :laugh: It CAN be pretty annoying sometimes, though.

Anyway, I don't really.... mind this idea.... :ohwell:

I guess I'm kind of indifferent towards it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Regarding the Triforce

To avoid bizarre complications, I think the best move we should make with the Triforce is to keep it in tact, complete, and hidden somewhere in Hyrule (I'm thinking deep beneath the ruins of Hyrule City).

No one should hold any of the Triforces. That way, this game will feel more like the classic Zeldas, despite being aesthetically advanced.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
watch that be what happens in spirit tracks and you have to drill to the bottom of the earth to find the triforce shards instead of using an anchor.

*sigh*

I really like that texture brush you're using btw. I can't wait to see him finished. It's so strange seeing Link in a bio suit. Not in a bad way.

Edit: new WIP added to previous post.

Edit2: lol last post twice in a row. **** YOU PHANTOM. <3

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
To avoid bizarre complications, I think the best move we should make with the Triforce is to keep it in tact, complete, and hidden somewhere in Hyrule (I'm thinking deep beneath the ruins of Hyrule City).

No one should hold any of the Triforces. That way, this game will feel more like the classic Zeldas, despite being aesthetically advanced.
But of course, Ganondorf could have created a fake Triforce of Power and pretended not to have it, but it turns out (somewhere in the middle of the game, I guess), he's had it all along, and uses its power to destroy Hyrule before announcing that it's in his possession.

Spire

III
BRoomer
But of course, Ganondorf could have created a fake Triforce of Power and pretended not to have it, but it turns out (somewhere in the middle of the game, I guess), he's had it all along, and uses its power to destroy Hyrule before announcing that it's in his possession.
I actually planned quite a while back to write up the idea of a fake Triforce, but decided it wasn't worth it. That approach just seems way too iffy.

Plus, I was playing Wind Waker just earlier and realized how "magical" the game feels. I think we need to go for that "magic" feel and avoid trying to explain so much. Keep the story simple, but based in this brilliant, changed Hyrule.

I think we're getting way too ahead of ourselves with science, explanation and the like.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I actually planned quite a while back to write up the idea of a fake Triforce, but decided it wasn't worth it. That approach just seems way too iffy.

Plus, I was playing Wind Waker just earlier and realized how "magical" the game feels. I think we need to go for that "magic" feel and avoid trying to explain so much. Keep the story simple, but based in this brilliant, changed Hyrule.

I think we're getting way too ahead of ourselves with science, explanation and the like.
This magic you're referring to... It's why I voted WW in the best Zelda game poll. I think we need to capture some of that magic and sprinkle it on this project. We need to keep mystery behind this new world, otherwise, where's that Zelda feel we've come to know and love?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
What we need is the magical feel of WW with the irony of OoT. Remember OoT's complex story line? We need to include something of that sort, some kind of cruel prank with the Triforce, but with a mysterious, magical feel in a world that is explained somewhere halfway through the game. The magical feel should be created through a sort of post - apocalyptic world taken over by the dark industries of Hyrule's future of mankind -- but with some kind of hope for change, and some kind of refuge that Link revisits often in the game. Maybe that place of refuge could be the Sacred Realm (or something similar), but Link doesn't know that?

toon_marth

Smash Ace
What we need is the magical feel of WW with the irony of OoT. Remember OoT's complex story line? We need to include something of that sort, some kind of cruel prank with the Triforce, but with a mysterious, magical feel in a world that is explained somewhere halfway through the game. The magical feel should be created through a sort of post - apocalyptic world taken over by the dark industries of Hyrule's future of mankind -- but with some kind of hope for change, and some kind of refuge that Link revisits often in the game. Maybe that place of refuge could be the Sacred Realm (or something similar), but Link doesn't know that?
It's possible... Zora's Domain could be taken into the Sacred Realm by the goddesses for not being tainted by the evil darkness of the changing times. I agree with this fully and you've got my support for a big plot twist of sorts.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It's possible... Zora's Domain could be taken into the Sacred Realm by the goddesses for not being tainted by the evil darkness of the changing times. I agree with this fully and you've got my support for a big plot twist of sorts.
So we're going to begin with the Triforce completely separated. But there are other details of this game we need to examine if we're going to create a magical feel with an interesting and complex plot twist.

- Link's origin (where this new Link lives, etc.)
- Who first appears as the main antagonist (could be Ganondorf, like in OoT, or some new character)
- How the Errant is going to be involved
- What and where this "refuge" is going to be (The problem with Zora's Domain is that it's the new hub of Hyrule, meaning it's the center of attention. The refuge should be something involving Link and maybe one other character, like the Sacred Realm, only Link is unaware that it is actually the Sacred Realm, and doesn't understand what the Triforce is)
- How Labrynna and Holodrum are involved
- Why Link must travel to each dungeon
- How Link discovers the The Beacon
- How Zelda enters the story

Spire

III
BRoomer
Very good points guys, very good.

I've been growing more and more to isolating this game from the rest. The main thing is to remove The Errant and the Ocarina of Time altogether. I think we should focus on making this completely individual and concrete in its own right, without any dependence on the rest of the series.

Darkurai

Smash Master
No more Errant? Craaap. I was almost finished making a Make Your Move moveset for him.

Darkurai

Smash Master
Please go ahead and finish it. Maybe it'll inspire me to keep him in the project ;)
I would love to. All I need is a stupid down b for him. Can't be any form of bombs since I already have something close enough to that. Any suggestions?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I would love to. All I need is a stupid down b for him. Can't be any form of bombs since I already have something close enough to that. Any suggestions?
Well keep in mind, he's almost exclusively using his sword. He needs to be as different from Link as Sheik is from Zelda. He's old, so don't make him too swift. He's a stern, steady fighter with keen precision and accuracy, and while his fighting style appears swifter and more graceful than Link's, he's about the same weight, if not just a little lighter. Make sure however, that he doesn't feel like a Fire Emblem character; still retaining the Zelda feel (does not say anything for Ganondorf..)

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Thankies, Spire. I'll answer one or two of Phantom's prob-lame-os. Links origin in this game is something I've been meaning to tackle several times, but somehow never got around to it. Since this new Zelda game is taking on a more dark theme, perhaps Link (age...15-16 in this game?) is simply a boy who live in Subteria, an underground refuge center which outlaws technology for the good of humanity. I really wanted Link to be young to mid teen in this game, bringing the feeling of youth to battle the dark theme and aspects of the game. Anyway, Link is first seen walking with a group of children his age... but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The game starts out as a black screen after the intro. It is silent, and text scrolls appears on the screen. It reads: Link... where is the light?.... At first this message makes absolutely no sense, until we are shown Link walking with a group of children his age walking through a dank, dark tunnel. This question was asked by a girl walking beside him, apparently a close friend. Link appears as if he is about to answer, but is interrupted by a sudden blinding light. The children shield their eyes. It is the over world, the light comes from the sky. For some children in the group, it is their first time above ground, including Link's friend, but Link himself has been above ground one other time before. The children are volunteers as scavengers. They gather a multitude of items they find, and the gain has been modest for quite some time. The males go hunting and the females search of materials for clothes. The citizens of Subteria have cut themselves off from the central head of government for Hyrule, and have form their own province underground. Link is given a bow, and several other boys, some his friends, as they are seen bouncing off each other, laughing and talking, as they walk to the hunting grounds, like a litter of brother puppies. Link is eager to hunt, because this is what he is good at. After this the player gets to play a fun little mini game before returning underground for the day.

Okay, this shows Links daily life before his wonderful quest to save the world! More on this later. Now on who appears as the main... I believe you meant antagonist, Phantom... Ganondorf, given the name of the previous Ganon, who is now dead, is the next male Gerudo. He is seen in wandering the Glass Desert in a tattered, old desert robe. This Ganon (possibly bald :) ) is in search of someone, not something. This Ganondorf has a love interest in this game, and she has gone missing one day. He has vowed to never return to Gerudo Village without her. Anyway, back to the cinematics. Ganondorf covers his face from the gleaming sun. His horse has already died from the heat, and he must now travel on foot. He checks his canteen to see he is running low on water. He puts his canteen away and suddenly drops to his knees, grunting in misery from the heat. Ganondorf is shown from the front revealing a blurred figure of a woman behind him. He senses a presence, and turns around. What he sees is his long-lost love. He smiles weakly and stumbles to his feet. He approaches her. But suddenly, she falls forward, stirring up glass and sand. Ganondorf rushes to try and catch her, but is too far away. Obviously distraught, he searches her to find the cause of her death. He finds a slash wound, and she has apparently been dead for a while, and she was leaned against a wooden post by her assassin. Ganondorf mourns for a while, but soon hears the sound of galloping horses. He gets up from his love, and turns to see several Knights on the horizon. He knows it was them who killed her. He makes a mad dash to try to find out the identity of his love's killer but is too late, they have already escapes. He finds, however, a tassel in the dust and sand. He picks it up, and reveals that it bears the emblem of the Army of Horon City. Ganondorf is intent on revenge, and he knows he is too weak to beat them himself. He manages to steal the Triforce of Power, and heads out toward Holodrum, with destruction in his heart.

I want Ganondorf to slowly fit into this more and more, until he becomes a large threat. Going from revenge, to destruction, to sheer evil. We also eventually find that his love (who still needs a name) was killed by a small unit of General Onyxe (bearing close, and obvious resemblance to Onox of OoS), who is the main antagonist until he is murdered by Ganondorf, around the turning point of the game, when Link receives the Master Sword. So anyway, more on Link and Ganon later. Just a thought. A long, intricate thought.

edit: And let's keep MYM in the MYM thread, shall we?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Bravo! Bravo! I say we all start writing such narrative "excerpts" from certain parts in the game to weave together. I am inspired by this greatly.

Considering that the Gorons are the primary residents of the Glass Desert, it's interesting that Ganondorf crosses paths with Holodrum scouts. I imagined Ganondorf having trekked long and far, crossing the paths of numerous Goron tribes here and there, along with other Hylian settlers and what have you. So, we can infer that Holodrum is based west of Hyrule, near the desert, and Labrynna east of Hyrule. I like this a lot.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Thanks Spire! it's good to have such positive reception from my inspiration. I was also inspired by Werekill's excerpt of the possible intro cutscene and, of course, your ending scene. That was genius. But I figured putting Holodrum scouts in the Glass Desert would infer a connection in that area and therefore, answer another one of Phantom's questions. I will also draw (and color) a Link concept before too long, and hopefully I can go to a library and scan it or something, lol. I'm not too good at coloring.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well keep in mind, I'll probably end up doing the main art for Link, but I'd love to see what he looks like in your head. I have a very keen idea of what he's going to look like, so I can't wait to show you guys (must finish Bio-Suit first...)

XACE-K

Smash Master
I've thought of a whole backstory to Snowpeak (I'm still working on why would Link travel there in the first place though). But I wanna ask you guys something.

How would you feel if the Yetis were originally from Snowhead in Terminia? I know Terminia won't be apart of this project, but it can be mentioned in it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I've thought of a whole backstory to Snowpeak (I'm still working on why would Link travel there in the first place though). But I wanna ask you guys something.

How would you feel if the Yetis were originally from Snowhead in Terminia? I know Terminia won't be apart of this project, but it can be mentioned in it.
Only problem is that Snowhead was not originally a frozen area. Majora simply decided to freeze it over by cursing it with Goht. Let's keep them Hyrule-exclusive for now (not to say that they don't have parallels somewhere in unexplored Termina).

For the record, I believe that the entirety of "Majora's Mask" was a nightmare, and that Termina does not actually exist. It's a theory I've considered probably longer than any other.

Storywise though, perhaps Ganondorf conquered an ancient temple in the north somewhere as a base of operations due to its secluded and treacherous location. I want him to have two main minions, Nihal being one, and another as-of-yet-unnamed one guarding the temple in Snowpeak.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Only problem is that Snowhead was not originally a frozen area. Majora simply decided to freeze it over by cursing it with Goht. Let's keep them Hyrule-exclusive for now (not to say that they don't have parallels somewhere in unexplored Termina).
Problem is that idk how the Yetis could originate from Hyrule. Obviously one of the places from OoT had to change in the 100 years from it to TP. But none of the places in OoT seem like they could've turned into Snowpeak. That's why I chose them to be from Snowhead.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Problem is that idk how the Yetis could originate from Hyrule. Obviously one of the places from OoT had to change in the 100 years from it to TP. But none of the places in OoT seem like they could've turned into Snowpeak. That's why I chose them to be from Snowhead.
Not all of Hyrule was featured in OoT, particularly the northern and Ordon provinces. Eldin, Bridge of Eldin, Hidden Village, Snowpeak.. none of that was in OoT, but had to have been discovered by TP. Besides, the Hyrule seen in TP, canonically being the same from OoT is a retcon, hence, the geographical layout in OoT is no longer canon. If they were to remake that game right now, Hyrule would resemble the TP one.

Note: Remember when Zelda and Impa flee on horseback from Ganondorf? I bet you anything they flee to the Hidden Village, the home of the Sheikah, so that Impa could mentor Zelda in the art of the Sheikah, hence, why Zelda assumes to guise of Sheik.
I said Link concept :lick:. And nobody has drawn Link yet, aside from displaying a tunic, so I figured, you know, why not? Besides, I really want to do it.
Like I said, feel free. Don't be alarmed if somewhere down the road I cook my own version up, but I'm sure to some extent, whatever you design will be reflected somehow in my own.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
Like I said, feel free. Don't be alarmed if somewhere down the road I cook my own version up, but I'm sure to some extent, whatever you design will be reflected somehow in my own.
You're an official artist for this project, I am not. Why on Earth would I be alarmed? I just want to portray my idea for how Link looks in my head at the beginning of the game. :)

Darkurai

Smash Master
Link... where is the light?....
YOU DARE BRING LIGHT INTO MY LAIR!?

YOU MUST DIE

Anyhoo, that was actually really good. The wall-of-text format made it a bit difficult to read, but it was well-thought out.

Just one thing that I have in mind: If we're using the Holodrum I wrote up for this, then the desert is said to not be a valid 'road' between Holodrum and Hyrule despite geographically being connected due to it being far too dangerous. I can see this as either being something that needs to be adjusted a bit, or something that can be used as a plot point.

In that regard, perhaps Holodrum makes an excuse that the event Ganondorf witnessed is impossible because of the impassibility of the desert.

God**** this is gonna be amazing when we're done.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
I like this, Dark. Wall of text is my style, anyway :mad088: . But we are DEFINITELY using your Holodrum, so I will make any adjustments necessary if I must. Let's say that these Holodrum scouts took the Triforce of Courage to protect them used a secret underground route to get into Hyrule and into the desert, actually south of the desert itself.

edit: Where can I see the wiki for our project?

Darkurai

Smash Master
I like this, Dark. Wall of text is my style, anyway :mad088: . But we are DEFINITELY using your Holodrum, so I will make any adjustments necessary if I must. Let's say that these Holodrum scouts took the Triforce of Courage to protect them used a secret underground route to get into Hyrule and into the desert, actually south of the desert itself.

It's not opened yet. I still haven't figured out how to make Scott an admin.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Neither have I. I've been pretty busy with real life the past few days, but I definitely want to get even more of a basic foundation going on the wiki. It's got a good number of the basic things going, so probably fairly soon we can make it more public.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

So how exactly does Ganondorf make your face the greatest in Koridai steal the Triforce of Power? Does he simply stumble upon it in the desert or does he discover a way to invade the Sacred Realm before leaving for Holodrum?

XACE-K

Smash Master
Not all of Hyrule was featured in OoT, particularly the northern and Ordon provinces. Eldin, Bridge of Eldin, Hidden Village, Snowpeak.. none of that was in OoT, but had to have been discovered by TP. Besides, the Hyrule seen in TP, canonically being the same from OoT is a retcon, hence, the geographical layout in OoT is no longer canon. If they were to remake that game right now, Hyrule would resemble the TP one.
Well where do you (and everyone else) think the Yetis should've originated from? It shouldn't be "Snowpeak and Yetis appeared out of nowhere". It should be an actual place either in Holodrum or Labrynna (I know nothing of these places) or something else?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well where do you (and everyone else) think the Yetis should've originated from? It shouldn't be "Snowpeak and Yetis appeared out of nowhere". It should be an actual place either in Holodrum or Labrynna (I know nothing of these places) or something else?
I think they originated from Snowpeak, like I suggested. They are obviously few in number, and since we haven't seen them in any other game, there's a really good chance that they are simply from the north.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Well there goes my backstory...

btw, I was just looking at the OP and who are the Okimo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom