• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Regional Ratings - Last Updates: MK-Legal: Oct 1st | MK-Banned: Nov 15th

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
realistically more tourneys occur with MK legal; this kind of list was a good idea at the time when people thought MK would be banned in a widespread manner, but now it's just useless. make an MK-legal one or don't at all
IMO of course

Tesh

Smash Hero
last i heard, mk banned had slightly more tournaments since apex

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well, his point still more or less stands. MK legal has had larger tournaments if I recall. The biggest tournaments of the year were MK legal if i recall with Impulse only getting 80 or so entrants? I believe E4 topped that as well as SKTAR obviously.

I don't see the point of this list. John Numbers has done a fantastic job of compiling unbiased data which could be applied with a little bit of common sense to rank players easily.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
says who?
just because there was an attempt to have a governing ruleset that had MK Banned fell through doesn't mean we all go back... the URC was handled terribly and gave horrible impressions on everyone way before they sayd MK should be banned. Also, it's not like we had a governing ruleset that said he should be legal to begin with...

it's still and has always been up to the TO's and the people who attend.
The point is, this list only counted MK banned tourneys as a way to support the URC. URC is now dead and there's more MK legal tourneys so this pathetic list should be taken down and a new one should be started counting both MK legal and banned tourneys.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
From John Numbers
As of this point, we have reached the halfway point in the year! 114 MK Banned tournaments and 96 MK Legal tournaments have made it into the data.
Its possible that with WC factored in, MK legal has a bit more, but the only evidence around suggests that MK Banned is still slightly more popular.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Of note: There are also people who have notified me of MK Banned tournaments whose results never made it to Console Tournament Results, which is the only place where I draw my tournament data from, so...

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Yea, I can account for 5 tournaments in KC alone that I never posted results for since Apex lol

My bad?

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
But at the very least, it shows that, just like there might be some MK Legal tournaments missing from the data, so are MK Banned tournaments, to be sure.

Rajam

Smash Champion
After a looong time, I decided to update these rankings again, this time splitting between MK-Legal and MK-Banned events (therefore these rankings are post-Apex), and also making several regional rankings instead of just one, big ranking. This is because I feel there is enough data to make (close to) accurate regional rankings, but not as much for making an international, consolidated one, specially considering some regions are more focused on one kind of play-style (MK-Legal, MK-Banned) than the other.

Let me know if there are mistakes in players' locations, characters used, repeated names, etc.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Never thought I would see this updated ever again, good stuff.

edit: btw you have me under Ohio(due to RAGE a tournament I went OoS for) and PA(my actual region). Also you put Fishy and SpaceThing under Ohio when they are from the PA region.

not sure if it's supposed to be like that but w/e

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I think he's basing it off of if you've entered a tournament in X state you are going to be in those rankings. Also I think this seems neat and could possibly help for PRs? :O

Rajam

Smash Champion
^ Yep, that. When I have no idea which is a player's region, I just put it as the same as where the tournament he entered was held.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Rajam, MJG is pretty much the unanimous number 1 in KS
Joker is the number 1 from Iowa probably, not Nebraska

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yeah it's the Same with Kel and KY, but I don't exactly know how this ranking thing works. It might take more time for the results to look like they should? Also I do remember reading something on the first page about how tournaments that didn't have full resutls(or something like that) weren't counted. o-o

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Wtf, how did you come up with 360 people from Japan? 0_0

And I'm neither from germany, nor do I play Bowser xD

:059:

Player-1

Smash Legend
shoutouts to Yoshssb (Arkansas), Shaya (Australia), Rioru (Belgium), XLR8TION (DC), BMC (Delaware), Asa (Hawaii), Itakio (Idaho), Cirno (Italy), C Awesome (Maine, MK banned), JaimeHR (Mexico, MK banned), brawlman1000 (Mississippi, MK legal), Superboom (New Brunswick), Mr R (Netherlands, MK banned), Te Jay (Newfoundland), Kewkky (Puerto Rico), Huggles (South Carolina), old anthem (West Virgina), and Kbot (Wyoming) for being #1 in their respective regions.

ninjapenguin

Smash Apprentice
ShoeS is an Olimar main who is ranked as 74th in Texas. He lives in Louisiana with me, we went to a TX tourney together. I have a smashboards account, so you were able to determine that i should be in the LA rankings. ShoeS doesn't have one, so i'm letting you know that he in fact does not live in Texas. It's no big deal, just letting you know.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
A couple SWF usernames for CO:

Dave! = DeliciousDave
Lion = Lion1

Also I'm "confirmed" to be in CO, along with Fishbait, Rubio, Lion, Dave, Logo, Soapy, and Ghoti.

Also CO has a bunch of tourneys that aren't listed in the ones counted for this, mind if I link the results posts? Z3 is really the only one that got its own thread, but we've had like 3 other tourneys between Z3 and January (Summit 4 (May), Fighter Frenzy (Feb), No Excuses (April), and maybe count Pre-Z3 (July)).

Rajam

Smash Champion
A couple SWF usernames for CO:

Dave! = DeliciousDave
Lion = Lion1

Also I'm "confirmed" to be in CO, along with Fishbait, Rubio, Lion, Dave, Logo, Soapy, and Ghoti.

Also CO has a bunch of tourneys that aren't listed in the ones counted for this, mind if I link the results posts? Z3 is really the only one that got its own thread, but we've had like 3 other tourneys between Z3 and January (Summit 4 (May), Fighter Frenzy (Feb), No Excuses (April), and maybe count Pre-Z3 (July)).
Sure! and thanks for the help

@Gheb: it's not that hard to get ~ 360 japanese players when each japanese tournament has like 80 entrants, and SRT had ~ 200

Top Bottom