• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathknight

Smash Ace
Everyone I know who went to Katsucon didn't enjoy it as much. Same goes for myself, its a small con and usually nothing going on.

Alsoooooooooo if you go to cons just to play Melee then whut? I mean, I go every year to Otakon and I wind up playing Melee for a bit with everyone and we all enjoy it. But having laggy TV's doesnt ruin the con experience, its not a tourny. Their game room is massive still.

Those are my experiences. I've been to Otakon for maybe 7 years now, and I dont feel like its declining at all.

Im also saying this really...

Pound 5 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Katsucon
Nah, I don't go to cons just to play Melee but it is one thing I do there for the fun of it. I may go to Katsu and just commute a bit to Pound... it's not far. Dunno yet.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
deathknight, where is katsucon? if its close, it would be a pretty good thing wouldnt it? tourney wont be all day and night for the whole weekend, you could just do both! :p

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I hope im in the country when this happens :( been to all of em so far, be a shame to miss the last T_T

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol it looks like this will be the only OOS tourney i go to in 2011 until like september

hope its epic

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also...

top 5 (6 players) at apex will get free entry fee and venue fee for this tournament.

ive begun advertising locally and will be really picking up the steam after apex :-D

im looking into a way to get players from the furthest away free hotel rooms, as well.

chillindude829

Smash Master
anyone wanna arrange money matches for unreasonably high amounts of money that we will mutually agree to not talk about when this tournament actually occurs

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
chillin, 100$, falcon dittos, big blue only, bo7?

strawhats

Smash Master
get Peki, Neutroni, and Villness to go and Finland will make noise at this tourney. Can't forget samochan

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Some more updates::

I went to the venue today. It is incredible...to say the least.

It is so huge and they set it all up the night before and tear it down for me.... !

The rooms are awesome as well. They have a huge LCD TVs (doesnt matter since venue is open 24/7). The venue has wireless internet as well as the rest of the hotel for free, as long as wired internet at the venue for streaming. The rooms start on the 5th floor (first 4 floors are like restaurants, the convention center, etc) so we wont have to worry about being too loud. The venue we can basically be as loud as we want.

There is a restaurant on the roof of the hotel that is open at night and it overlooks the Reagan airport, it's a crazy view!

The venue has a shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from the airport (IAD) to the venue (5 minute shuttle trip) everyday from 5 AM - Midnight.

The venue has a shuttle that runs every 20 minutes from Crystal City Metro Station to the hotel, as well. These run from 9 AM - Midnight. This means entire access to DC whenever you want...

This is the same convention center that hosted Katsucon a few years ago, so it's funny they are on the same weekend this year.

I am going to have some more detailed pictures up for you guys within a few weeks.

Lastly, I got the venue to agree to extend the hotel deal for 2 days before the tournament and 2 days after the tournament, for anyone who wants to stay a few days after or come in a few days early....

Super Early Bonus Registration will open August 1st and extend until August 14th.

The first 25 entrants total (melee+brawl combined) will have their entire venue fee waived. This means they will pay $30 for Singles and Teams. This offer is only good to players participating in both singles and teams.

After the first 25 entrants for the remainder of the 2 weeks Venue fee will be only $10.

Beginning August 14th, standard rates will apply, beginning at $20 venue fee and going up 2.50 each month.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Thats awesome. If any of the first 25 payments get top 5 at apex, they get a refund?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you are forgetting about MLG's :)
im not gonna be able to afford any OOS tourneys next year beside this one. gotta save up for tuition and back tuition and other stuff.

btw, planks last post just changed my life. so amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom