• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TA Presents: *Pound* V 2 DAYS !Pools Posted at www.vgbootcamp.com BRING SETUPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I'm not gonna practice or anything.

Just going in straight up.

Let's see how i do.

EDIT : I wont john if i lose also :)

Zoro

Smash Champion
isnt there somebody that plays with that name in canada?

I'm not aware of a canadian mugiwara but i know for a fact action is going since he is on my flight and staying in my room. He enters every brawl tournament as mugiwara or luffy, He is also dumb and doesnt realize action b@stard is a classy name.

Surfer87

Smash Rookie
California dude here.

Damn... this has got to be one of biggest popular SSBM/SSBB tournies I have ever seen. 231 melee entrants and 141 brawl entrants as of today. Sucks I just found out about this event & thread today. If known in advance, I wouldn't mind getting the days off work + flying out for this. Ah next time.

what other medium / big ssb events besides pound, does virginia have?

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
virginia won't have much with plank leaving, but seeing as you're from california, you should check out Genesis 2.

rhan

Smash Hero
Plank already said Melee pools won't be up until Wednesday night.

Just 1 more day to wait.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I was so nervous for pools.
And now the most dangerous person in my pool plays Peach.
So much wasted anxiety.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so there's no stream because you want to record?
How about... stream AND recording! =)
Quoted for ajp anton.

Even though even without stream I will stay up all weekend following the tournament, mad hype genesis style.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I cant be entirely sure, but I think that poltergust guy plays sheik or something...

isnt there somebody that plays with that name in canada?

lol malcolm would use a terrible name like that.

ima laugh at you if you lose to gimr.
Is it cause I'm so good?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its cus you play ness, and I always get a good laugh out of seeing people lose to ness. That, and kt is acting madd smug like he knows hes bout to get first seed.

giantimi

Smash Cadet
Hey, is anyone trying to go to Pound 5 but couldn't get a ticket? I am selling my ticket.

I signed up for Melee singles and doubles. The total cost is 60$.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
If i were to arrive at DCA, 10:25 AM on Saturday would i be able to play?

I REAAAAAAAAAAAAALY don't want to take this 7 hour car-ride.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm not gonna practice or anything.

Just going in straight up.

Let's see how i do.

EDIT : I wont john if i lose also :)
Aren't u teaming with M2K? Yeah...
Look at the Brawl ruleset nubs.
This, you can all read, no baby sitting here.

But since I like Pink n Vex, one time only:

* Like APEX, players will be permitted to have 1 coach that sits with them during the match and may assist them. Between games, players may individually take up to 3 minutes to consult players but must make a counterpick or ban choice with in 3 minutes of the previous match ending. If you do not make a CP or Ban choice within 3 minutes of the first game ending, you will lose that game. The lone exception to this is if there was a ruling question that required a TO's attention. If there is any dispute on this, please find a TO right away. This rule will not be strictly enforced but the idea is to keep you from stalling a match looking for a coach. Please don't test my patience on this.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I actually just found it, was annoyed the actual rules weren't in the OP, but a seperate link, so I ctrl+F'd coaching and nothing was found, but yea, I just read that.

Thanks EE.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
its cus you play ness, and I always get a good laugh out of seeing people lose to ness. That, and kt is acting madd smug like he knows hes bout to get first seed.
Good sir, I only use Ness in low tiers. I main G Dub Fistacuffs

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Is there any way the rule can be modified where your coaching can't be heard(during the match) by the other player?(besides your teamate in teams obviously) I was playing Nakat at a tournament and JBand was next to him the whole time coaching VERY LOUDLY and practically yelling at points and it was obviously very distracting.

Stuff like: Don't Approach! what are you doing.. DONT APPROACH!(this is not a direct quote)

@Kid, you're joking right? I point out a false statement you make and you ask me to money match? Is it that you want to money match my Ness?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Cry more GIMR, lets ban **** talk too, sap.

Wait so alot of pools only have 4 players, but 3 make it out of pools?
omg that's so stupid. lol
There will be 2 rounds of pools you idiot, have you seen the numbers? Who came here to just only have a chance at playing in one round of pools? Shut up.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@Kid, you're joking right? I point out a false statement you make and you ask me to money match? Is it that you want to money match my Ness?

My money match request was completely independant of the rest of the conversation. my bad for not making that clear. you can use whoever you want, I just want to play you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom