• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tails the fox has arrived! (Video up!)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
We can, just port ALL of the Sonic files to someone you don't want, like Olimar or Jigglypuff. That's basically what I did with Shadow Mario.
Actually, that won't really work in the case that Tails relies on his personal GFX. And I'm not sure who else has as much as Sonic and the files size capacity.

The final smash has a glitch where the propellers are textured as Tails' face...it scared me.:cry:
For me, it's textured like the rest of the plane.

EDIT: Does anyone have the TvC ISO? I wanted someone from there...

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
so is there anyway this can replace someone not so important because when you go on a bright stage he seems normal and like a whole new character except you can't vs sonic

shock44

Smash Journeyman
so is there anyway this can replace someone not so important because when you go on a bright stage he seems normal and like a whole new character except you can't vs sonic
Yeah, you're gonna have to wait for the clone engine for that. I know it sucks but that's all I can say.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
No, there's the whole personal GFX thing, which Tails is much more reliant on than many PSA's.

I could port them over, but I don't know who has that much editable GFX's, or the file size capacity.

Oh, and BionicSonic or any other mod, can you move this into my PSA thread (a page or so back, called Mr. Weegee's PSA's)? I'm thinking they should be in the same thread.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
yeah sonic replaces olimar look theres no olimar
edit: downloaded the sonic over olimar and it isn't usable it can't run, can't really attack, half moves are like olimars, light stuck to his tail, wrinkly head, good for pics though i got 1 showing sonic and tails but doesn't matter if they can't fight

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
but look on the CSS, there is a Sonic and a Shadow,
Yeah he put sonic over olimar. its nothign special its really laggy and freezy, Asl Weegee i got tails model working full over olimar. but it freezes with olimars animations. Any way i can totslly wipe all of olimars animations out?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yeah he put sonic over olimar. its nothign special its really laggy and freezy, Asl Weegee i got tails model working full over olimar. but it freezes with olimars animations. Any way i can totslly wipe all of olimars animations out?
Yeah, open up FitSonicMotionEtc, export AnimationData[0], and replace the AnimationData[0] in FitOlimarMotionEtc with that one.

Then he should have Sonic's animations.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, open up FitSonicMotionEtc, export AnimationData[0], and replace the AnimationData[0] in FitOlimarMotionEtc with that one.

Then he should have Sonic's animations.
hmm i deleted all of olimars animations and it freezes when the entry is used. it still shows oliamrs but sonics at the same time.?

EDIT: Okay i got everything done but olimars specials still remain i plan on using the fsmash and remodel it to the tornadoe but i cant get rid of all the pikmin moves any b move messes it up and its causing a model stretch everywhere.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
What I have found is that the only way to port a character over to another completely is to find a character with the same amount of external graphics as the character you are porting and then just open the character you are replacing's PSA and change their moves to be like the character you are porting. This would take a long time but it would be a good thing to do so that people can have like Sonic vs. Shadow, Tails vs. Shadow, Sonic vs. Tails, Marth vs. Roy, etc. I plan on attempting to port Roy over to Donkey Kong, that is unless someone can tell me how to get rid of Olimar's pikimin and glowy ball, since from what I've seen most people want Roy as a separate character. After I port Roy I want to try porting Tails but the problem with that is, is the fact that he has a lot of external graphics and the only characters that I've found (this is just so far there may be a character that has enough external graphics I haven't checked everywhere yet) with that many are Falco and Fox but the thing is is that Fox and Falco's stuff are articles and external graphics and articles are hard to change. So if someone can find a character that has as many external graphics as Tails does then I will start work on porting him, since Roy will be easy cuz the only external graphic he has is his hair.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
hmm i deleted all of olimars animations and it freezes when the entry is used. it still shows oliamrs but sonics at the same time.?

EDIT: Okay i got everything done but olimars specials still remain i plan on using the fsmash and remodel it to the tornadoe but i cant get rid of all the pikmin moves any b move messes it up and its causing a model stretch everywhere.
Did you remove "generate article" in the entry and B move?

What I have found is that the only way to port a character over to another completely is to find a character with the same amount of external graphics as the character you are porting and then just open the character you are replacing's PSA and change their moves to be like the character you are porting. This would take a long time but it would be a good thing to do so that people can have like Sonic vs. Shadow, Tails vs. Shadow, Sonic vs. Tails, Marth vs. Roy, etc. I plan on attempting to port Roy over to Donkey Kong, that is unless someone can tell me how to get rid of Olimar's pikimin and glowy ball, since from what I've seen most people want Roy as a separate character. After I port Roy I want to try porting Tails but the problem with that is, is the fact that he has a lot of external graphics and the only characters that I've found (this is just so far there may be a character that has enough external graphics I haven't checked everywhere yet) with that many are Falco and Fox but the thing is is that Fox and Falco's stuff are articles and external graphics and articles are hard to change. So if someone can find a character that has as many external graphics as Tails does then I will start work on porting him, since Roy will be easy cuz the only external graphic he has is his hair.
That was what I was getting at. Although for Tails, since the head and tails are one of the graphics, you don't need that because xANDERssbb is using the complete model. So that's all of Sonic's minus...two, because I didn't use one yet.

Maybe you can use Riivolution to load it? I hear that unlike Gecko+FPC it doesn't care how big the file is.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Did you remove "generate article" in the entry and B move?

That was what I was getting at. Although for Tails, since the head and tails are one of the graphics, you don't need that because xANDERssbb is using the complete model. So that's all of Sonic's minus...two, because I didn't use one yet.
Who is xANDERssbb and what character did he use to get Tails' whole body to work? Is he using Tails' Winter Olymbics model or Brawl model?

Edit: Never mind I just looked in the Klonoa thread and that anwsers my question. Another question is does Olimar have enough external graphics for Tails to use? From what I've seen the character with the most external graphics is Metaknight, I bet that would be a good character to replace Tails with.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Sonic only has 8. That's...moderate. And I only need 6 to do the full replacement.

A lot of people have more, lemme see...Fox, Falco, Link, Ness, Lucas...

Not Ganon, C.Falcon or Bowser.

MK has 26?!?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Sonic only has 8. That's...moderate. And I only need 6 to do the full replacement.

A lot of people have more, lemme see...Fox, Falco, Link, Ness, Lucas...

Not Ganon, C.Falcon or Bowser.

MK has 26?!?
I know, he's got a sword slash for like every thing he does!
I'll do some tests to see if Tails' or Sonic's model will work on certain characters.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
I know, he's got a sword slash for like every thing he does!
I'll do some tests to see if Tails' or Sonic's model will work on certain characters.
Ok, sounds good.

So...any thoughts on anything else?

Anyone notice the new sig with a bunch of quotes yet?

Matteron

Smash Ace
I did and well I like it
Thanks for it, now I know what all the rage is about
And yes it was supposed to be a flashback sort of thing

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Oh, hey xANDERssbb...

Now that you got the Tails model is working, do you have enough spare time to make a Nolan texture?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
DISCOVERY!! Guys! I got Tails' textures to work on Metaknight without the smash ball!
All I did was take the Tails that worked over Pikachu and added 25 more bones to it making it have 79 so that it would work on Metaknight who has 77. And Tails' body doesn't appear until Metaknight is done with his entry animation. After Metaknight's cape animation is over Tails body is completely there.

If anyone wants a download of the pac and pcs I used I will post them.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
DISCOVERY!! Guys! I got Tails' textures to work on Metaknight without the smash ball!
All I did was take the Tails that worked over Pikachu and added 25 more bones to it making it have 79 so that it would work on Metaknight who has 77. And Tails' body doesn't appear until Metaknight is done with his entry animation. After Metaknight's cape animation is over Tails body is completely there.

If anyone wants a download of the pac and pcs I used I will post them.
Thats great! could this work on sonic?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
BAD things happen when you try that
He's right. I added 6 more bones to make Tails have 85 since Sonic has 83. When Sonic's entry animation plays I see this.

Then when in wait animation this happens.

His body seems to be stretching for some reason. Usually this happens due the character's bone indexes being changed to different numbers. But I didn't change anything, I just took the same mdl0 I used on the metaknight test and added more bones to it.

The game doesn't freeze when he stretches but this isn't good. I suggest we go with someone Tails works on best, maybe metaknight.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
He's right. I added 6 more bones to make Tails have 85 since Sonic has 83. When Sonic's entry animation plays I see this.

Then when in wait animation this happens.

His body seems to be stretching for some reason. Usually this happens due the character's bone indexes being changed to different numbers. But I didn't change anything, I just took the same mdl0 I used on the metaknight test and added more bones to it.

The game doesn't freeze when he stretches but this isn't good. I suggest we go with someone Tails works on best, maybe metaknight.
Ah, i see. this has happened to me in some of my conversions. I got rid of it, but that wasn't the only glitch...*shudders*...anyway, maybe they'll take note of this post and switch the pac/pcs files to MK.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
i'm not sure metaknight would be the best choice because then tails would be broken lol jk but i still think someone other than metaknight would be good i would say olimar but he has that glowing light idk, who works other than mk?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
i'm not sure metaknight would be the best choice because then tails would be broken lol jk but i still think someone other than metaknight would be good i would say olimar but he has that glowing light idk, who works other than mk?
I guess I'll do some more tests on different characters. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Ok, sounds good.

And that glitch also happened when I put Tails' model over Sonic.

xANDERssbb

Smash Journeyman
Ok, sounds good.

And that glitch also happened when I put Tails' model over Sonic.
if its my tails model were talkign about so far it only fully shows up on Olimar. but it stretches when it stands still, but if it is weegees model i have no clue with anything about that.

Top Bottom