• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Takes more than one to make a League: Other Pokemon Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Only thing we really need for a new Pokemon Trainer:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
This has probably been suggested before, but I haven't seen it yet (most have been about White or Dawn or other single game reps):
Since most starters of more recent generations don't seem to be as popular or as loved as the original trio, why not just inter-generationally mix and match the popular ones from Gen II - VI?

For example a Pokemon trainer with: Mudkip, Monferno and Chespins final evolution?. Or any other combination you can think of including more popular starters from Generations II - VI.
(Snivy another popular choice for first evolution but I herd you leik Mudkipz so had to choose him).

That way three different generations all get rep'd in one character, and we only get the most lovable popular ones.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mix and Match... Interesting, but sorry, no. It's like saying Zelda and Impa should be paired up, just for the sake of keeping the mechanic, and making the representation more modern.

It also raises the problem of what the pokémon trainer should wear. :laugh:

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Mix and Match... Interesting, but sorry, no. It's like saying Zelda and Impa should be paired up, just for the sake of keeping the mechanic, and making the representation more modern.

It also raises the problem of what the pokémon trainer should wear. :laugh:
Haha. I was thinking that each color change or costume change represents a different trainer from a different game.

I don't think it's the same as Zelda/Impa. That's a transformation between two different characters and doesn't make sense.
This is just a trainer who has Pokemon from different regions.

Represents different games, gives us the most lovable characters.... it's a win/win.

Omega-Smasher

Smash Cadet
I would like to see either Ethan or Hilbert, but I choose May over all of the trainers mainly because of the anime and filling her role as a female fighter :).

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Haha. I was thinking that each color change or costume change represents a different trainer from a different game.

I don't think it's the same as Zelda/Impa. That's a transformation between two different characters and doesn't make sense.
This is just a trainer who has Pokemon from different regions.

Represents different games, gives us the most lovable characters.... it's a win/win.
Not to mention mix and matching kind of represents the gotta catchem all feeling

D

Deleted member

If there is mix and matching, please don't have it be a mix and match of starters....
Just make it like a generic Trainer who uses popular Pokémon from the generations that don't quite have enough merits by themselves. Like an Absol, for example.

But of course don't get rid of THE Trainer. Only make another Trainer as a separate character.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
Thats the thing though. Your trainer kind of is the generic trainer. Pretty much everyone else in a given game only uses one type.

D

Deleted member

The character in Brawl is not a generic Trainer, despite the name. It's Red, the original player character and frequent NPC outside his playable appearances.

Aside from that, there is one Trainer Class known for using multiple types: The Ace Trainer/Cooltrainer class. Have the generic Trainer be one of those.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't saying that the trainer in smash wasn't red, what i was saying that the player trainer in any pokemon game is like a generic trainer.

It just so happens though that the particular character they used(red) is a playable trainer in the first red version.

D

Deleted member

I do not think you understand what I'm getting at by "generic Trainer".
I'm talking your everyday common Trainer who is essentially the same as every Trainer in his/her class other than name and what Pokémon he/she has.

Player Trainers such as Red do not qualify for what I am talking about. Neither do the defined unique Trainers such as N, Cynthia, Giovanni, etc.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I do not think you understand what I'm getting at by "generic Trainer".
I'm talking your everyday common Trainer who is essentially the same as every Trainer in his/her class other than name and what Pokémon he/she has.

Player Trainers such as Red do not qualify for what I am talking about. Neither do the defined unique Trainers such as N, Cynthia, Giovanni, etc.
If you could give me an example of a common/generic trainer it would be really helpful.
What i meant by generic is that a trainer who could have any pokemon whether it be starter,legendary, or any of the others. I see this kinda of trainer as being one of the player trainers from any version essentially because that characters name and pokemon varies depending on the person.

D

Deleted member

I already did; the Ace Trainer/Cooltrainer.

Red is not one of these. He's a defined character, much like how Marth is a defined character rather than a "generic Unit" because you can control him.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
I already did; the Ace Trainer/Cooltrainer.

Red is not one of these. He's a defined character, much like how Marth is a defined character rather than a "generic Unit" because you can control him.
thats exactly what im saying too lol but Marth is not unique just because you control him. He is a defined character unlike a random unit in the opposing forces with no connection to the story.

Edit:I misread your last post. I understand what you said now(pretty much reposted it), but in my defense that last bit about Marth is worded a tad funky.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think the best idea would be a Pokemon trainer that has pokemon from each gen that's unrepresented. If Lucario returns and Mewtwo 2.0 represents gen 6 that leaves Gen 2, 3 and 5.

Oshawott, Grovyle and Typhlosion?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What I really want to see is Leaf (the female protagonist you can choose in FR/LG as opposed to Red) as an alternate costume. I'm not sure what all they could do with an alternate costume, but if they can't change the voice just get rid of the Pokemon Trainer voice altogether, I say. xD

I'm sick of Leaf getting left out of everything, like she doesn't exist.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
If there is mix and matching, please don't have it be a mix and match of starters....
Just make it like a generic Trainer who uses popular Pokémon from the generations that don't quite have enough merits by themselves. Like an Absol, for example.

But of course don't get rid of THE Trainer. Only make another Trainer as a separate character.
This would be a good way to get a rep from every generation of Pokemon, or at least a few more generations.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Tyranitar, Blaziken and Zoroark?
Heracross, Haxorus and Swampert?

@tomic

Smash Apprentice
While the pokemon can change, the concept behind the "trainer system" here is the highlight. What do you think?

Well you picked two of my favorite Pokemon in Breloom and Porygon-Z so no complaints there. Though Breloom definitely needs some reference to his classic Spore/Subpunch strategy imo.

The system sounds interesting, but way beyond the scope of what could actually happen. I do like the idea of each Pokemon getting their own stock though. That could be an interesting change for the existing PT.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
With Blaziken being confirmed as the first starter Pokemon with a Mega Forme, does any one think a Gen 3 trainer with Blaziken as both the evolved pokemon and Final Smash would work? Here's a moveset I put together.

[COLLAPSE= Pokemon Trainer May]

B-Down: Pokemon Change

Mudkip

B: Mud-Slap
Mudkip hurls a short range tail-full of mud towards the foe. Little damage but has a slowing effect that gets worse the more damaged the opponent is.

B-Side: Ice Ball
Mudkip freezes itself in a ice ball and rolls forwards. Not very fast but helps recovery and has a lot of armor.

B-Up: Whirlpool
Mudkip creates a whirlpool around it that shoot it upwards. Multiple hits but little knockback

Grovyle

B: Leaf Blade
Grovyle rapidly slashes it's arm leaves to attack. Has greater range than it's normal attacks

B-Side: Pursuit
After leaping forward Grovle breifly disapears and attacks on reappearing.

B-Up: Acrobatics
Grovyle does a fancy leap that can do great knockback if the opponent is caught at the very beginning of the attack. Goes really high but falls slow afterwards leavign Grovyle venerable.
Blaziken

B: Ember
Blaziken shoots 3 small flames that don't do much knockback but stay on the stage for 8 seconds or until touched.

B-Side: Blaze Kick
Cross between a Falcon Punch and Falcon Kick. After a wind-up blaziken kicks forwards and moves a short distance forwards.

B-Up: Sky Uppercut
Does it really need to be explained? Huge leaping uppercut, what else it there to it?
FINAL SMASH
MEGA BLAZIKEN

The Current Pokemon is returned and Blaziken is sent out holding a Mega Stone.
Mega Blaziken moves faster and while it's attacks don't do more damage it's fire attacks have larger hitboxes and it's fighting attacks do more knockback.
[/COLLAPSE]

Pretty good 1,000th post huh?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So, switching out has been moved to a taunt, and it takes much less time. It's not REQUIRED, and there is no stamina.

Chespin – Lightweight Powerhouse

B Wood Hammer – A Chargable Hammer move, akin to Dedede’s Hammer Chespin puts his fists together, and when the A button is released his lifts them quickly, and smashes them onto the gound. Small leaf animations flutter everywhere after this move is used. The upward motion does (less) damage, as well as the actual smashing against the ground. His arms stretch of course. This move is for KOing. It’s somewhat predictable. In the air chespin’s fist Smash downward for a super charged meteor Smash.

B> Seed Bomb – Chespin throws a chesnut forward and depending on how long you charge it, the distance will be different. The actual damage however does not change. If it hits an opponent, it explodes, with nut shrapnel littering the opponent. This has a sort of “spray hit box” where the shrapnel can hurt an opponent who wasn’t neccisarily hit. However, not nearly as much as actually being hit. If it misses an opponent, it lays on the ground, and waits for someone to land on it. It cannot be jumped/walked on, but it can be grabbed in the air. He can have only two on the field.

B^ Mud Sport – This move slows an opponent down with a flurry of mud. The range is not very far, but if you can land it it is definitel worth the risk. Not their attack speed, just their walk/run. Chespin uses this to keep his speed at his advantage.

BV Bulk Up – Chespin breathes in deeply, holds his breath for two seconds, and breathes out. The action of breathing out actually works in a similar manor as fludd. It pushes opponents, but only slightly. Not as far as fludd. This move is used to raise Chespins small weight. You cannot double up on it, and you have to reuse it every forty five seconds. When bulk up is uses, an occasional red aura will emanate from him.

Grabs are vine whips, and can be used as a recovery. Also, he has a triple jump, and no true thrird jump. Just a triple jump and vine whip. So, recovery is where he is lacking. This is where bulk up comes in handy to keep him on the field for as long as possible. Overall Chespin lacks GREAT recovery, and is very light.

Braixen – Defensive Magician

B Will-O-Whisp – A maneuverable purple whisp of fire, that leaves a burn on the opponent. It lasts for 12%’s and a percent goes up every 2 seconds. It meanuevers quickly, with a sort of fluttery magic feel, like a leaf in the wind. Holding down A will allow you to choose exactly which way you cast this spell. The initial attack doesn’t do much damage.

B> Light Screen – Braixen howls, and quickly throws her hands out above her, leaving her wand perched in her tail. A yellow-clear wall expands from her hands, and pushes forward slightly. This initial push will knockback an opponent, if they’re close enough. The wall lasts for 25 seconds, and the opponent MUST jump over / under it. Projectiles are reflected back as well. One is allowed on the field at a time. If this move is used and there is a way to attack the bottom of the wall, you can shatter it. (No cheap ledge guarding allowed)

B^ Flame Charge – Braixen is engulfed in flames, and lunges horizontally in the sky. After the initial launch you can control her a bit. This has static/burn damage, but it’s not really an attack. It’s got decent length.

BV Fire Spin – The pyro-kinetic fox raises her wand into the air, and howls. Ropes of flames are released from the flame burning atop her wand, and eventually leave a circle of fire around her. This fire does not hurt her, and lasts 7 seconds and this is a decently large circle with moderately high flames.

Grabs are telekentic, and Smash moves are strong. They’re all based on Psystrike. She lacks strength, but her moveset is more of one where you play stratigically, and slowly chip the enemies health down, while keeping yourself safe among your fiery walls.

Geninja - Amphibious Ninja

B Double Team: When You push the a button, you’re going to click two directions. The first is going to be where the REAL Greninja appears. The second will be a clone. Incapable of attacking, merely there to confuse. The clone lasts only a few seconds, but long enough for the opponent to have to make a decision on which one to go after. Pushing up, will cause Greninja to hop upwards into the air, then you can go right or left as well. There is also the down direction which causes Greninja to stay put crouching. So, to execute this you would hold down A, click your first direction (which will be the real Greninja) then the second (which will be the clone), and then release to start the move. This is not an attack, merely a mix up move. (Think of Makato from BlazBlue)

B> Water Shuriken – Greninja brings his hands across his tongue, and on the edge of his fingers a water shuriken is forged. This is a fast moving, large projectile. It can only be thrown forward, but can be used while running.
B^ Feint Attack – A twinkle flashes in Greninja’s eyes, and before you know it, his now dark form jets with extreme speed forward, and the appears again in the air, horizontally from the point you were originally facing. He quickly slashes the air, which is a strong attack, and then falls helplessly towards the ground.

BV Hydro Pump – A supermassive blast of water shoots out from in front of Greninja. This move takes a long time to execute, but it’s really strong. It can be aimed anyway, and when used in the air it has a backwards push like Mewtwo’s shadow ball. This move isn’t an attack so much as a super strong version of Flood. Only useful. The pump of water rockets the enemy away. The more percentage the opponent has, the longer it takes for the opponent to have a chance to somehow escape it.

Greninja’s grabs are varied. His forward is his tongue, his downwards is a ninja take on Snake’s, and when executing his upward grap, he tosses the opponent into the air, and water shuriken’s them in the back. Greninja is about speed, and precision. He's an "easy to use, hard to master" type of character.

All of these are possible Trainer Swaps.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, switching out has been moved to a taunt, and it takes much less time. It's not REQUIRED, and there is no stamina.

Chespin – Lightweight Powerhouse

A Wood Hammer – A Chargable Hammer move, akin to Dedede’s Hammer Chespin puts his fists together, and when the A button is released his lifts them quickly, and smashes them onto the gound. Small leaf animations flutter everywhere after this move is used. The upward motion does (less) damage, as well as the actual smashing against the ground. His arms stretch of course. This move is for KOing. It’s somewhat predictable. In the air chespin’s fist Smash downward for a super charged meteor Smash.

A> Seed Bomb – Chespin throws a chesnut forward and depending on how long you charge it, the distance will be different. The actual damage however does not change. If it hits an opponent, it explodes, with nut shrapnel littering the opponent. This has a sort of “spray hit box” where the shrapnel can hurt an opponent who wasn’t neccisarily hit. However, not nearly as much as actually being hit. If it misses an opponent, it lays on the ground, and waits for someone to land on it. It cannot be jumped/walked on, but it can be grabbed in the air. He can have only two on the field.

A^ Mud Sport – This move slows an opponent down with a flurry of mud. The range is not very far, but if you can land it it is definitel worth the risk. Not their attack speed, just their walk/run. Chespin uses this to keep his speed at his advantage.

AV Bulk Up – Chespin breathes in deeply, holds his breath for two seconds, and breathes out. The action of breathing out actually works in a similar manor as fludd. It pushes opponents, but only slightly. Not as far as fludd. This move is used to raise Chespins small weight. You cannot double up on it, and you have to reuse it every forty five seconds. When bulk up is uses, an occasional red aura will emanate from him.

Grabs are vine whips, and can be used as a recovery. Also, he has a triple jump, and no true thrird jump. Just a triple jump and vine whip. So, recovery is where he is lacking. This is where bulk up comes in handy to keep him on the field for as long as possible. Overall Chespin lacks GREAT recovery, and is very light.

Braixen – Defensive Magician

A Will-O-Whisp – A maneuverable purple whisp of fire, that leaves a burn on the opponent. It lasts for 12%’s and a percent goes up every 2 seconds. It meanuevers quickly, with a sort of fluttery magic feel, like a leaf in the wind. Holding down A will allow you to choose exactly which way you cast this spell. The initial attack doesn’t do much damage.

A> Light Screen – Braixen howls, and quickly throws her hands out above her, leaving her wand perched in her tail. A yellow-clear wall expands from her hands, and pushes forward slightly. This initial push will knockback an opponent, if they’re close enough. The wall lasts for 25 seconds, and the opponent MUST jump over / under it. Projectiles are reflected back as well. One is allowed on the field at a time. If this move is used and there is a way to attack the bottom of the wall, you can shatter it. (No cheap ledge guarding allowed)

A^ Flame Charge – Braixen is engulfed in flames, and lunges horizontally in the sky. After the initial launch you can control her a bit. This has static/burn damage, but it’s not really an attack. It’s got decent length.

AV Fire Spin – The pyro-kinetic fox raises her wand into the air, and howls. Ropes of flames are released from the flame burning atop her wand, and eventually leave a circle of fire around her. This fire does not hurt her, and lasts 7 seconds and this is a decently large circle with moderately high flames.

Grabs are telekentic, and Smash moves are strong. They’re all based on Psystrike.

Geninja - Amphibious Ninja

A Double Team: When You push the a button, you’re going to click two directions. The first is going to be where the REAL Greninja appears. The second will be a clone. Incapable of attacking, merely there to confuse. The clone lasts only a few seconds, but long enough for the opponent to have to make a decision on which one to go after. Pushing up, will cause Greninja to hop upwards into the air, then you can go right or left as well. There is also the down direction which causes Greninja to stay put crouching. So, to execute this you would hold down A, click your first direction (which will be the real Greninja) then the second (which will be the clone), and then release to start the move. This is not an attack, merely a mix up move. (Think of Makato from BlazBlue)

A> Water Shuriken – Greninja brings his hands across his tongue, and on the edge of his fingers a water shuriken is forged. This is a fast moving, large projectile. It can only be thrown forward, but can be used while running.
A^ Feint Attack – A twinkle flashes in Greninja’s eyes, and before you know it, his now dark form jets with extreme speed forward, and the appears again in the air, horizontally from the point you were originally facing. He quickly slashes the air, which is a strong attack, and then falls helplessly towards the ground.

AV Hydro Pump – A supermassive blast of water shoots out from in front of Greninja. This move takes a long time to execute, but it’s really strong. It can be aimed anyway, and when used in the air it has a backwards push like Mewtwo’s shadow ball. This move isn’t an attack so much as a super strong version of Flood. Only useful. The pump of water rockets the away. The more percentage the opponent has, the longer it takes for the opponent to have a chance to somehow escape it.

Greninja’s grabs are varied. His forward is his tongue, his downwards is a ninja take on Snake’s, and when executing his upward grap, he tosses the opponent into the air, and water shuriken’s them in the back.
I assume you meant to say B instead of A, otherwise those are some OP standard attacks. Otherwise, great moveset and thanks for bringing this thread back from the dead.

MYM'r

Smash Cadet
Kalos Trainer (with Chespin, Braixen and Greninja)

Chespin

Standard Special: Pin Missile - Chespin grows glowing claws and throws them forward. They resemble Pit's arrows.
Side Special: Vine Whip - Chespin swings a vine forward and grapples an opponent. Chespin is pulled toward the victim and slams into them with his feet
Up Special: Leaf Storm - Chespin summons a whirlwind of leaves to lift him up. If Chespin is on the ground, he can charge the Leaf Storm and shoot it forward or up
Down Special: Seed Bomb - Before Kalos Trainer calls Chespin back, Chespin places two seeds next to where he switches from and this act like proximity mines. Kalos Trainer throws out another Pokeball and who appears?

Braixen

Standard Special: Fire Spin - Braixen twirls in place creating a ring of fire around her. This ring stays in place for 5 seconds before vanishing.
Side Special: Psychic - Braixen shoots a beam forward from her wand and if it hits somebody, she has several options. If you press the A button after they are trapped in the Psychic, the victim will slam into the ground below them. If you press the B button, the opponent will be attacked by psychic fire.
Up Special: Gravity - Braixen's eyes glow as she lifts up by a mystical force if she is in the air. If she is on the ground, any body or anything in the air of above her will slam down to the ground. Anybody or any thing on the ground near her will be lifted up as if they or the item had jumped.
Down Special: Magic Room - Before Kalos Trainer calls her back, Braixen creates a pink, transparent box around her as the Pokeball absorbs her. This box negates all projectiles thrown at it and if an opponent with an item gets too close to the box or passes by the box, their item disappears. Once the next Pokemon appears, the box is shattered and the shards can do damage as well. Then, the final pokemon appears...

Greninja

Standard Special: Water Shuriken - Greninja calls water to his hand and swings his arm to throw the shurikens made of water. It scatters in front of him. If he uses this in the air, it goes downwards in a 45 degree angle.
Side Special: Aqua Jet - Greninja makes a ninja handsign as he dashes forward like a torpedo, water surrounding him.
Up Special: Lick - Greninja uncurls his tongue to grab the ledge.
Down Special: Extrasensory - Greninja makes a ninja handsign as a psychic ring appears around his body. If anyone is near Greninja when he creates the psychic ring, they will suffer quite a bit of knockback. Chespin then appears and the cycle starts all over again.

Final Smash: Wood Hammer-Trick Room-Rain Dance
Kalos Trainer sends out the other two Pokemon that are not fighting and Chespin jumps on one side, Greninja jumps on the other and Braixen levitates in between them. Chespin creates wooden vines on his side that jab at opponents. Greninja creates a torrent of water while it rains on either side and Braixen sends out psychic panels that barrage opponents.

Theme: [Pokemon X and Y Trainer Battle] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUHEH48xCpk

I think it'd be cool if both her and the Pokemon Trainer made it into SSB4 but if she doesn't, I definitely want Pokemon Trainer back. They should cut him because he has such a cool mechanic. The Pokemon Trainer's playstyle is totally unique and to throw that out after one game would be a waste.

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Haha I just had finished writing up a Kalos Pokémon Trainer moveset myself. I'll definitely link it here when I get it up on imgur.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I did a writeup for a Kalos trainer a while back, but with Froakie and Chesnaught.

Froakie

B: Bubble- Froakie shoots a burst of bubbles forward that stop after a distance, float and then pop. Contact with the bubbles at any time by any source, including Froakie's other moves, pop them, dealing damage (Froakie can't be harmed by them).

Side B: Double Team- Froakie splits into 3 copies which jump to form a vertical line. The real Froakie dashes forward, dealing damage. Tilting the stick influences which decoy is the real Froakie. Goes into helpless fall afterward.

Up B: Bounce- Froakie leaps up with great vertical momentum, and quickly falls down. If he hits an enemy, Froakie bounces off of them dealing damage, regaining his double jump and the ability to use Bounce again. The damage done is proportional to how far Froakie fell before hitting.

Down B: Change Pokemon

Braixen

B: Will-o-Wisp
Braixen winds up and shoots a slow-moving projectile that passes through enemies. When hit, enemies take gradual burn damage over the next 5 seconds. Hitting with one of Braixen's smash attacks while burn is active deals extra damage, but ends the burn.

Side B: Future Sight
Braixen points her wand out and a light flashes. 5 seconds from the time this move is used, it explodes, dealing massive damage.

Up B: Fire Spin
Braixen spins wand out and shoots upward, creating a pillar of fire around and under her.

Down B: Change Pokemon

Chesnaught:

B: Spiky Shield
Chesnaught slams his arms together and forms a shield. While shielded, Chesnaught can move backwards and forwards for as long as B is held, at reduced speed. The shield counters anything that touches its hitbox. Very-low hitting attacks and attacks from behind break the shield.

Side B: Seed Bomb
Chesnaught lobs an explosive seed that explodes upon hitting an enemy. If it doesn't hit, it'll roll and then explode. The damage increases based on distance thrown.

Up B: Hammer Arm
Chesnaught shoots up into the air and slams down, releasing shock waves that shoots out on either side of him.

Dow B: Change Pokemon

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Here's one I've been working on. It's a bit long, so bear with me.

Kalos Trainer is the new Trainer in town, and his new
lineup has a lot to offer. I went with Froakie, Braixen,
and Chesnaught, since I believe they are the most diverse
group possible. Each individual Pokemon has a very unique
approach to battle. The tradeoff for having to learn 3
characters is the ability to change at any point to suit
the matchup. This time around, the stamina gimmick is gone,
and you can choose which Pokemon you switch to. Also, as
your Pokemon switch, they perform a defensive move to help
make a safe switch-in. I'm not sure if forcing switches
after losing a life should stay. I think it mixes things
up, but it might be unfair. Let me know what you think!
Here are the individual Pokemon:

Froakie is the smallest Pokemon in the group, but he's by
far the fastest. He's a lightweight character and matches
Olimar in terms of size. He possesses high combo ability
and a number of attacks that hit multiple times. His size
and weight make him hard to hit but easy to K.O. if hit
hard. He is also not very strong, but he can put lots of
pressure on his opponent and never let up.
Special Moves:
Neutral: Water Shuriken~ Froakie throws a handful of
throwing stars made of compressed water. They move very
quickly but do little knockback, like Shiek's Needles. Also
like the needles, they can be charged. A charged throw has
larger, more powerful shuriken, but the same amount. When
thrown in the air, Froakie still throws them forward.

Side: Acrobatics~ Froakie flips and leaps forward a short
distance. While in the air, making contact with a foe will
cause Froakie to grab them. From there, he can hit them and
send them forward, or jump off of them, sending them down
and himself up. If you press a or b while in midair,
Froakie will instead do a kicking attack. Acrobatics can
sweetspot the ledge and be followed up in midair by another
attack or special move.

Up: Waterfall~ Essentially the same as Squirtle's move,
except it can be tilted diagonally more. It hits multiple
times, and the last hitbox sends foes flying.

Down: Bubble~ As Froakie goes into his Pokeball, he lays
down multiple bubbles. If foes make contact with them, they
pop and do damage, as well as tripping them.

Braixen is the middle Pokemon in PT's lineup. She's a
light-middleweight (think Toon Link) who wields her wand
and fire-based attacks. She's very average in terms of
power and speed, but she has some disjointed moves with
fire effects, and very strong psychic throws. She restricts
the options of foes who rely on projectiles, and has more
range than many close-range fighters. She can play-keep
away and space foes out, but Braixen has trouble dealing
with foes who have more range than she does or can
overwhelm her with speed.

Special Moves:
Neutral: Light Screen~ As Braixen raises her wand and
spins, she is enveloped in a pink, geometric barrier. The
move has little startup lag and reflects projectiles. While
she spins, so does the barrier. During the spin, the move
deals multiple hits to nearby foes. The last hit pushes
them away. However, it has little range.

Side: Will-O-Wisp~ Braixen shoots a fireball out of her
wand. It can be aimed in any direction, and it flies
straight for a good distance. If it hits something, it
stops and makes a small explosion attack. If the attack
hits nothing, it just fizzles out after about the length of
Final Destination. Those who are hit by it take residual
fire damage for 3 seconds. It has a slow startup that
allows a window of time for you to aim the attack.

Up: Telekinesis~ Braixen concentrates and lifts herself
into the air with her psychic abilities. As she quickly
rises, she is enveloped in psychic energy, which hurts and
repels foes who make contact with her. She also hits foes
above her. The move can be tilted diagonally to the left or
right.

Down: Magic Room~ As Braixen enters her Pokeball, she puts
up a cubic barrier around the ball. The barrier reflects
projectiles and shatters as the next Pokemon emerges.

Chesnaught is the heavyweight Pokemon, who stands a head
shorter than Bowser and weighs about as much as Charizard
did. His shell armor and large build favors defensive play.
He has high power in his attacks, but many of them are
fairly slow. His reach is above average, and he has strong
grab game. He suffers from having poor aerial game and
mobility, so he has a hard time on the approach, but his
power and armor frames aid in finding openings and
punishing hard. His special moves emphasize stage control
and a defensive playstyle.

Special Moves:
Neutral: Spiky Shield~ Chesnaught forms a shield with his
arms as spikes surround him. This move damages nearby foes,
gives launch resistance and reduces damage from attacks. If
the button is held, Chesnaught can move left and right and
jump, but slower than usual. At high percentages, the armor
gets weaker. The move has a bit of starting lag, so it is
stoppable. It can also be cancelled into your shield.

Side: Spikes~ Chesnaught tosses an entry hazard at the
ground, much like Dedede's Waddle Dee Toss, but faster. The
spike stays where it is thrown for about 10 seconds (too
long? too short?). Characters who run into it take damage
and minimal knockback. Up to 3 spikes can be placed at a
time. They can be stacked or spread out. If the attack is
charged, then all 3 Spikes will be thrown at once. They are
a little smaller than a Waddle Dee, so you can't just short
hop over them. This helps Chesnaught control the stage and
set up combos.

Up: Hammer Arm~ Chesnaught leaps into the air a short
distance and then pounds down with a mighty punch. This
creates a shockwave as well. The punch itself does more
damage and knockback. If he hits a ledge on the ascent or
decent, he'll stop the attack and grab it. The initial leap
can be tilted to either side.

Down: Seed Bomb~ As Chesnaught enters his Pokeball, he
drops a seed bomb on either side of the ball, which explode
as the next Pokemon emerges.

Here's an imgur gallery of the artwork for them and alternate colors!: <iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/Om8t7/embed"></iframe>

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Looks like the League was shut down. Unless Red wants to fight himself I think this train of thought is officially derailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom