• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Takes more than one to make a League: Other Pokemon Trainers

Status
Not open for further replies.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
That's not what the anime says
We're following game canon, right?

The trainers in BW & B2W2 are implied to be older than the original trainer. Mei is also the first Pokegirl to actually have visible breasts in the official art. We could assume they are somewhere around 16, maybe a bit younger, 14 at the youngest.

Besides who cares what their ages ACTUALLY are. They're ****ing cartoons. This is anime, where Yoko from Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is actually 14, yet Kotana from Lucky Star is 18 (if you don't know who these characters are, you need to stop living under a rock). The general rule of thumb with anime is, if she LOOKS mature, then that's good enough, unless you're into loli's, which some people are... Anyway, point being, the fanart usually depicts the trainers as much older and mature, since a large portion of the Pokemon fanbase is made up of college students. So when people say, "so and so, is best pokegirl," chances are they are going by the fanart depictions, which DO indeed make awesome representations of the trainers.

Oh, and "White" is an infinitely better name than ****ing "Hilda."

Or are you gonna say that, Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Silver, Crystal etc... are stupid names too?

The only trainers that got decent original names are, May, Brendan, Barry, and Dawn.
Yeah, because every watches anime on a daily basics.

Fanart, IMO, are just exaggerations and that's all.

Now, furthering on, "Blue" and "Gold" aren't even REAL NAMES! They only got those names by defaluts. They're placeholder names. GAME FREAK didn't bother to give them real names unyi the Third Generation. Though, it does really matter since you ca neam the characters anything you want, but still...

D

Deleted member

We're following game canon, right?

Yeah, because every watches anime on a daily basics.
Oh, c'mon man, there is NO WAY you don't know what TTGL is. And if you don't you're seriously missing out on one of the nest anime series out there. Lucky Star on the other hand has been so popular and famous, it's hard NOT to know what it is, it's all over the internet. Also, you don't even have to be an anime fan to know about these shows considering they came out 5 years ago. A quick youtube/google search should bring up dozens of videos and clips.

Fanart, IMO, are just exaggerations and that's all.

Now, furthering on, "Blue" and "Gold" aren't even REAL NAMES! They only got those names by defaluts. They're placeholder names. GAME FREAK didn't bother to give them real names unyi the Third Generation. Though, it does really matter since you ca neam the characters anything you want, but still...
Yeah, but the argument for the fanart was to counter the whole "underage" critique he was implying by saying "Aren't they 10." Besides as I said before, the new trainers are supposed to be older and more mature.

Agreed on the name thing, it really doesn't matter. Therefore, I'll continue to refer to White as "White" as that's what most of the fanbase calls her anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I haven't watched any new animes or read any new manga since Death Note

D

Deleted member

...WHAT.

Why would Blaziken be a Falcon alt? That would make no sense.
Falcon Punch = Fire Punch
Falcon Kick = Blaze Kick
Falcon Dive = modified Flame Burst
Raptor Boost (prefer the Japanese name of Falcon Knuckle) = modified Flame Charge

As for the Final Smash, you got me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Falcon Punch = Fire Punch
Falcon Kick = Blaze Kick
Falcon Dive = modified Flame Burst
Raptor Boost (prefer the Japanese name of Falcon Knuckle) = modified Flame Charge

As for the Final Smash, you got me.
It still wouldn't make sense, because the characters are completely different from each other. Unless Cap was wearing a Blaziken outfit, and it wasn't just a model swap. That would be fine.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
For those who "live under a rock" or "have taste", Yoko is a hoebag (there's always one in Gainax's stuff, and Panty's the only good one) who carries around what is supposed to be a sniper rifle but functions primarily as a stripper pole, and Kotana is a legal adult who was designed to look like a 12 year old so that pedo's could whack it to them without feeling guilty.

Back on topic, I'm going to order these by how well I think they fit the position and how most people would recognize them:

Gold = Cyndiquil, Bayleef, Feraligatr

May = Mudkip, Grovile, Blaziken

Dawn = Piplup, Monferno, Torterra

White = Snivy, Dewott, Emboar

D

Deleted member

Doesn't make sense? I'm pretty sure Brawl Hacks have already made a Captain Blaziken hack. :troll:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Doesn't make sense? I'm pretty sure Brawl Hacks have already made a Captain Blaziken hack. :troll:
They have, yes. They've also made a number of other things that shouldn't become official costumes.

I have no problem with alternate costumes, so long as they are actually costumes and not model swaps.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I once had the thought of making Pokemon Trainer more similar to Red by giving him Espeon, Charizard & Snorlax. This probably wouldn't be received too well, but it's something to throw out there.

I found Charizard the hardest to play as, Ivysaur the easiest, and Squirtle was pretty good. Charizard is probably the most popular of the 3, followed by Squirtle then Ivysaur.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I once had the thought of making Pokemon Trainer more similar to Red by giving him Espeon, Charizard & Snorlax. This probably wouldn't be received too well, but it's something to throw out there.

I found Charizard the hardest to play as, Ivysaur the easiest, and Squirtle was pretty good. Charizard is probably the most popular of the 3, followed by Squirtle then Ivysaur.
He already has Charizard. Also, the only time I can find Red using an Espeon is in the manga. If we need one of his pokemon from that, I'd rather see Aerodactyl. But, both scenarios are rather unlikely, as very few things are taken from media other than video games for Smash games. Look at Volt Tackle.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
He had Espeon in Gold, Silver & Crystal. But however I do already know that it is a near impossibility; just thought it would be kind of interesting

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Maybe Hugh with the Unova team? It would be worthwhile just for the final smash: "Just to let you know, you're about to feel my wrath!"

:phone:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If I were to pick which trainer I want to see in SSB4, I would pick Generation 5 using Oshawott, Servine and Emboar.
Eh, Generation 5 starters are lackluster in movesets and appearance than the other games. Not to mention having ANOTHER Fire/ Fighting pokemon starter. This time a slow one, which is useless

Generation 4 has some of the best starters, I feel, since they are all duo typed which gives them some pretty awesome offensive/ defense combinations

Generation 4 had the only grass starter I like, having cool attacks such as wood hammer and earthquake.

peeup

Smash Lord
If we're gonna see a new trainer, they'd better not cut out Red. He's too badass. And if we're gonna see a new trainer but also have Red still in the game, they'd better not make another trainer that uses starters. Seriously, I want some originality. Maybe a trainer with the 3 regis. Maybe a baton pass team. Maybe a gym leader. Maybe some fossil pokemon. Maybe a team rocket/other member. Literally anything but 3 starters. We have Red for that, and Red with the 3 Kanto starters will be far superior to any other assortment of starters they can come up with.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Blaziken, Mudkip and Grovyle for the win! I would rather have them over Red but I want May and Red to both be in.

:phone:

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Shuckle, Wobbuffet, Snorlax...........A trainer devoted to being a defensive wall :troll: Granted Snorlax doesn't have a great defense, his huge size & weight would give him minimal knockback, so it essentially would counter out

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll put in the trainer from X&Y as a promotion.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Since this is bumped anyway, here's my idea for Pokemon Trainer:

Bulbasaur :001: & Venusaur :003: - Both a faster and a lighter version of :ivysaurbrawl: :002: (Bulbasaur) and a heavier and stronger version (Venusaur). Wouldn't need much moveset tweaking for Bulbasaur at all, and only a few 'atletic' looking aerials would need changing for Venusaur. Make them optional as a 'Grass Type Pokemon Trainer'.

Charmander :004: & Charmeleon :005: - Versions of :charizardbrawl: :006: who cannot fly, and are a little weaker, but also slightly faster. Selectable by choosing 'Fire Type Pokemon Trainer'

Wartortle :008: & Blastoise :009: - Stronger, heavier and slower versions of :squirtlebrawl: :007: . Wartortle could use basically all of Squirtle's moves, but for Blastoise it's a bit harder. But Blastoise would in general be an awesome addition anyway. :009: Replace the Water Gun for Hyrdo Pump and make it work much like the PokeBall attacks for starts, and then move up to make an awesome Blastoise moveset (playstyle could be inspired by Bowser's). Only playable when picking 'Water Type Pokemon Trainer'
So basically, you can get up to 3 Pokemon Trainers. And you even pick your own starter, who evolves during the battle.

Grass Pokemon Trainer: :001: :002: :003:
Fire Pokemon Trainer: :004: :005: :006:
Water Pokemon Trainer: :007: :008: :009:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
RISE THREAD! RISE!!!

Ahem, Given the timefram Smash 4 is working on chances are that maybe a Gen6 trainer will be playable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Red yeah. But with Grass, Fire and Water type starters and evolutions.

Cause we all want Blastoise. :009:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
No Stamina mechanic.

A 2nd/ 3rd/ 4th gen trainer is welcome, but not replacing Red.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Really, is Red really that great? The later trainers have done much bigger better feats than he ever did.
Enlighten me as to what other player characters were promoted to named and powerful NPC status in a later game?

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
Really, is Red really that great? The later trainers have done much bigger better feats than he ever did.
Yes, yes he is. To me he's the true mascot of the series since he's the protagonist of the original games, he's what Marth is to Fire Emblem, while later games in the series have new protagonists that are arguably better, it's the original that gets remembered more than any of his successors. Also on Red's side is that he's basically Ash who's the biggest household name of the series besides Pikachu, and he has the rare distinction of being the playable character in one game and the final boss in the next.

Gold = Cyndiquil, Bayleef, Feraligatr
Should be Chikorita, Quilava, and Feraligatr

Making every evolution a different type from Brawl's trainer

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And going by game logic.....

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
DSN is clearly biased. You missed the cases where Red defeated Team Rocket at the Pokemon Tower and that he is the most powerful foe who can be fought in Gold/Silver.

DSN is clearly biased. You missed the cases where Red defeated Team Rocket at the Pokemon Tower and that he is the most powerful foe who can be fought in Gold/Silver.
1. I didn't make the picture
2. I like Red, but feel he is vastly overrated when there have been like 10 trainers since (a lot of which have done more)
3. Is Red in other regions besides just Johto?
4. Now who are the people who defeat this most powerful trainer? Yes, it is Ethan (Gold) and Lyra (Crystal).

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
When other playable trainers get promoted to badass NPC with extremely strong Pokemon, then we can talk, Sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom