• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Then it is decided. I will change the title to advertise moveset creations that can then be evaluated. I'm mostly looking forward to moves that are rather ambiguous and have no place taking one of Lloyd's techs. At least we could get a full gist of what people want in common.

So, here's how it works:
-Describe, in detail, how every move in your moveset works. Techs are self-explanatory only in their action. You have to tell me how it is executed.
-Don't worry about damage or knockback.
-There is no need to describe the properties of Lloyd.
-Final Smash is Falcon's Crest. Don't bother with this at all.

Zephron

Smash Ace
I'll edit this post with my moveset, unless like 5 people post non-related moveset things after me. I want to be heard >:(

I recommend we have collapse tags for the different sections for easy navigation:
Like this:

Tilts + Jab
EDIT L8R

Smashes
EDIT L8R

Specials
EDIT L8R

Grabs
EDIT L8R

Aerials
EDIT L8R

Lucas's upsmash is TERRIBLE 0_o
I'd brawl you just to prove that wrong, bub. His upsmash is fantastic.

Non-competitive people like you just see others spam it all the time.
(I'm assuming you're non-competitive. If you are tell me so and don't be offended.)
And MK's upsmash can slide really far without DACUS and like the rest of his moves, poke great and are multi-hit and do a decent amount of damage.

I'm serious about the whole brawl thing btw. I got new internetz and I am a ton better than I think you think I am.
Lol.

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
I'll be posting full moveset soon (if it winds up any different from Zeph's, which is unlikely. I'll probably just collaborate with him), but I wanted to very quickly address Junahu's points. The Alpha and Beta extensions are nice because first off, you can do Alpha without Beta (although it's not yet clear why you'd want to), and second, because they would actually combo together. Sonic Sword Rain, btw, would not happen. The last hit of Sword Rain is a little bit stronger thrust that would push the foe out of range for Tiger Blade. The main reason it shouldn't be jab, though, is because Lloyd's jab was the most commonly used attack in the game.

I personally didn't use Lloyd's tilts much in the game, but they don't really work as tilts since they were all also combos... Doing just the first hit MIGHT work as a dtilt (ftilt no way), but I really don't like it much anyway.

Rising Falcon I had imagined more as a low upwards knockback with good hitstun for good comboing. It would, for example, combo easily into utilt Tempest. I think that makes more sense for the move's canon "power" to be directed since having something like that have kill potential is... weird.

Lastly, I was making it sound as if Lloyd's horizontal attacks were strong because we haven't decided the vertical ones yet... at all. Therefore, anything I cited as a strong hitting attack would be horizontal...

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Moving back to your suggestion for the frames, make the duration shorter. I recommend spacing the hits less. It shouldn't last very long. Also, the endlag needs to be cut down to more like 15 frames. Unless I'm imagining frame speed wrong (I probably am)
For perspective, it's time before the last active hitbox is shorter than Pit's nair (by 7 frames even). It's total duration of active hitboxes is 12 frames, compared to Pit's massive 21 frames.

It's endlag is also 5 frames FASTER than Pit's nair. Frame data is hard to interpret into raw speed (it's hard to figure out just what 1/4th of a second feels like), so we can experiment with lag times down the road. I'd rather just start on the side of possibly being a little too slow, rather than starting from too fast (moves end up less broken that way).

there won't really be any sideways hit on his way down... Someone who shielded the first bit would certainly have time to do something as Lloyd's up there spinning. My last suggestion is that the damage be reduced to 8%.
0_o. I feel like you've lost me here. My impression was that you wanted tempest to only do a small hop above the ground. With that in mind, a circular hitbox that hits a reasonable amount above him would undoubtedly be able to hit an opponent next to him (unless we want swords going through them visual with no hitbox to match). A shielding opponent would be forced to shield the whole thing (not that that's a bad thing).

Also, Lloyd's not really a weak hitter... Beast and Sonic Thrust, for example, are pretty strong. I'm going to point out, though, that characters who do not kill upwards well usually can kill sideways well and can spike and/or gimp. Lloyd can't do these last things, and I think we should make his usmash have kill capacity. I mean, it doesn't have to be crazy good, but it should be able kill once, say, Mario is at 110ish%. Gotta go now, I'm sure I'll have more to say later.[/color]
Killing Mario at 110 is actually fairly impressive. Heck, Mario can't kill Mario at 110%.
Normally combo oriented characters have fairly weak kill moves (with exceptions for moves that have A LOT of end lag)

I'd brawl you just to prove that wrong, bub. His upsmash is fantastic.

Non-competitive people like you just see others spam it all the time.
(I'm assuming you're non-competitive. If you are tell me so and don't be offended.)
And MK's upsmash can slide really far without DACUS and like the rest of his moves, poke great and are multi-hit and do a decent amount of damage.

I'm serious about the whole brawl thing btw. I got new internetz and I am a ton better than I think you think I am.
Lol.

First, nothing should ever be based off wifi.

Second, I am a competitive melee player (have been since 06), and a pretty good brawl+ player (just ask Cape <_<). And it doesn't take much to see that the startup of Lucas's upsmash, coupled with it's massive endlag, it really is not a good move used offline. It is rare that an opponent is ever in a situation where they cannot simply avoid it on reaction (wifi hinders reaction based gameplay greatly, making some moves seem better than they're supposed to be). Power means nothing if the move doesn't land, and Lucas has absolutely no setups to land this move.

Lastly, MK's upsmash is bad simply because the risk does not justify the gain. Upsmash has fairly quick startup, but has almost non existent shield stun, long duration (with few active hitboxes), and litterally half a second of cooldown (much longer than you'd think), meaning it is very very easy for an opponent to punish it with something far more damaging than the upsmash itself. Many characters can smash MK after shielding his upsmash, or sometimes worse (grab release shenanigans :p)

Zephron

Smash Ace
First, nothing should ever be based off wifi.

Second, I am a competitive melee player (have been since 06), and a pretty good brawl+ player (just ask Cape <_<). And it doesn't take much to see that the startup of Lucas's upsmash, coupled with it's massive endlag, it really is not a good move used offline. It is rare that an opponent is ever in a situation where they cannot simply avoid it on reaction (wifi hinders reaction based gameplay greatly, making some moves seem better than they're supposed to be). Power means nothing if the move doesn't land, and Lucas has absolutely no setups to land this move.
No duh nothing should be completely based on wifi. It was just a friendly offer. Maybe I'm taking all these <_<'s a little tougher than usual but it seems like you're being incredibly cynical right now.

And you're wrong. You don't main Lucas. There are plenty of setups, especially in Brawl+. And still some in vBrawl. Just ask Plaid :p

I play competitively offline with Brawl as well. I know what I'm talking just as much. I don't think this move is good just because I play wifi for fun time to time.

This is completely off topic so I don't want to start another quote match just over this. But I sincerely think you should reconsider your ill-thought-through opinion.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
It's not an ill informed opinion, This frame data is pretty conclusive <_<.

U-smash
Duration
Animation Length: 100
IASA: None
Start Up: 1-27
Before Charge: 5
Invincibility: 1-5
After Charge: 23
Hit On:
28-53
Cool Down: 54-100

Anyway, I'll just go back to debating Lloyd's move list I guess.

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
As you wish, I'll post my idea for the moveset here (I don't really understand what you mean by saying, "Describe, in detail, how every move in your moveset works", but you say we don't need to include knockback info yadda-yadda).

AAA
A Basic slash 1Hit
AA His spin slash thing (can cancel into tilts) 2 Hit
AAA Sword Rain (doesn't go on forever) 5 Hit

Tilts
UTilt Pseudo-Omega Tempest (only the final rising part) 3 Hit
DTilt Maou Engekiha (Infernal Torrent, placeholder beta) 3 Hit
STilt Sonic Thrust (Lightning Thrust?) 1 Hit

Smashs
USmash Shining Bind-eqsue (placeholder. my own idea) 1 Hit
DSmash Demonic Circle (1st hit in front. 2nd hit around) possible 2 Hit
SSmash Super Sonic Thrust (or Gungir, a PS2 U. Attack) 1 Hit

Aerials
NAir Blazing Tempest (is canon move, introduced in PS2) 4 Hit
FAir Tiger Rage (Dark Introloper's moveset has a rising FAir) 3 Hit
BAir Quick turn around to his canon aerial stab/slash 1 Hit
UAir Distortion Blade (placeholder beta technique) 2 Hit
DAir Ending slash of Rising Phoenix (aimed downwards) 1 Hit

Specials
NSpecial Demon Fang (quick execution) 2 Hit
NSpecialAir Demon Fang (descending style, like Emil's) 1 Hit
USpecial Psi Tempest (obviously it rises. a LOT) 6 Hit
DSpecial Rising Falcon (like Bowser Bomb) 2 Hit
DSpecialAir Rising Falcon (only dive) 1 Hit
SSpecial Beast (Falcon Punch-esque technique) 2 Hit
SSpecialAir Hunting Beast (small ascension, then dive) 2 Hit
FSmash Falcon's Crest (Divine Justice if Gagnrad) 16 Hit (or 2 Hit)

Misc.
Shield Guardian (like any other shield) 0 Hit
TauntU "C'mon, bring it!" (from EX skill Taunt) 0 Hit
TauntD flourishes blades (original idea) 0 Hit
TauntS combines swords (to Eternal/Silver. original idea) 0 Hit

Other stuff, I'm sure you've set them (like Wait1 is his standard idle position)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Zephron and Plaid are friends. DS actually opposed most of what the two of them said, but generally for mechanical reasons.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Isn't that since you're Plaid's friend? If I remember correctly, you share Plaid's views.

Plaid is busy at the moment, but if he saw that he would be laughing hysterically right now.

Look at the last 5 pages to see why XD

Yeah, Plaid and I are longtime friends. We don't always share views 100% of the time though. I was the one who wanted Beast for side B until I had to argue with him about it for the last 4 days.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
I like most of Zephron's and Plaid's movesets. I only disagree with the placement of 2 or 3 moves (which isn't particularly important, since all of the moves will be included regardless), and with how 2 or 3 of the moves function (though we haven't gone into much detail on many moves anyway).

I disagreed with

1. Tempest uptilt (which I still have qualms with, but since the majority want it I've moved on to talking about how it should function and how to balance it).
2. Sword rain d-tilt ( still feel like this should go on jab, but we're not getting anywhere with this argument either)
3. Beast down B (which is acceptable either way, so I'm just gonna let this one go too).

Other than that, I argued for an arte chain mechanic to be implemented, which we ended up agreeing on and now just have to refine, and I argued about the role of grabs, which we also agreed about. I've silently agreed with pretty much all of his other decisions for the moveset. I only voice my opinion when there's a disagreement.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I think it's a silly idea. Tempest in general is a pretty dorky attack. I think there should be less emphasis on porting attacks that DON'T WORK IN BRAWL and have some more generic swipes for his smashes, tilts, aerials, etc, because it's not like Link's sword attacks are from anything specific except for his spin, and the same goes for Marth and Ike with their signature moves.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I think it's a silly idea. Tempest in general is a pretty dorky attack. I think there should be less emphasis on porting attacks that DON'T WORK IN BRAWL and have some more generic swipes for his smashes, tilts, aerials, etc, because it's not like Link's sword attacks are from anything specific except for his spin, and the same goes for Marth and Ike with their signature moves.
See my moveset a few pages back.

Fen__

Smash Ace
So, during all of this arguing, have any animations and minor PSA work been done?

Junahu

Smash Ace
Thank you! You're absolutely right, imagine the kind of mess Link would be if they tried to include every single item he ever used.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
So, during all of this arguing, have any animations and minor PSA work been done?
Disregarding whether or not you saw the most recent Lloyd video (display video 2), we got most of the essential movement animations done. Thanyou has been fixing many of the attack animations which have the weird leg glitch with translations.

Speaking of which, have you gotten to the chance to do any more work, Thanyou?

Zephron

Smash Ace
Personally, I don't agree with UTilt as Tempest either.

I know a lot are feeling iffy about this.

My explanations kind of stink. I can imagine it perfectly in my mind, but telling others... *fail*
I end up making it sound completely different somehow.

We haven't heard any updates in awhile, or talked on Skype.
Just tell me when to make a new video or anything.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I said I'd be on hiatus until next week, and I'm leaving in like 10 minutes to go camping xD

I'll finish a few more attacks and make a new pack and send it to you guys.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
As Thanyou just stated, he's on a hiatus and we're a bit dependent on him for fixing up the animations.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Someone PM'd me about that. It's a friend of nerfispwnage's, IIRC. If we have some things we can get work done for, I'll ask him to start on those.

Zephron

Smash Ace
We're pretty much SET on at least these 3 things:

• Some form of Tempest as Up B
• Demon Fang as Neutral B
• Lloyd holding his swords (We'd better want this XD)

Ask him to work on those please.

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
Someone PM'd me about that. It's a friend of nerfispwnage's, IIRC. If we have some things we can get work done for, I'll ask him to start on those.
That's me. :laugh:

EDIT: I've been trying to make sense of the past few pages of moveset debate, but I'll happily begin work on those three.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Excellent. If you need a better technical explanation of any of those (besides putting Lloyd's swords in his hands), just ask. Thanks for joining us :D

ds22

Smash Lord
You need to animate the swords to place them in his hands (in idle) and summon them attached to his hand bones when in use (if I'm correct on this).

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Is it possible to perhaps animate the swords seperately, like Peach's parasol? Then you could position one in the hand he uses to hold items and the other just moves around with his other hand. Don't the swords animate independently from the model in the first ToS? That's where I got the idea.

SaxMeister13

Smash Rookie
Isn't the parasol an article though?

I've got a version of Demon Fang working using the false projectile method. I'd prefer to animate ThrowN, but I probably shouldn't mess with the animations since there's a lot of people who know what they're doing that are already covering it. :laugh:

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Now that I'm caught up in all my school work and all the major state testing is done (For now) I'll begin working on finishing those last few animations and troubleshooting ways to attach his swords.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Awesome, this thread has been a bit inactive but it's not like we were able to do much (although I suppose we should have been doing more moveset discussion).

Top Bottom