• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tales of Brawl - Innerscope has released Lloyd 2.0!

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
If you want something Lloyd related. Iselia is the best choice I think. Either that or the Temple of Water or Fire or Wind.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
For whatever stage please try and make it a traditional stage with ledges and a bottom to fall off. Walk offs are lame and though it will look cool when I first use it, I won't go back to it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I second goodoldganon's notion.

Now, we'd actually need to do memory dumps just to even see if we can use areas like Iselia. The only reason we have other areas like Asgard and the Meltokio City castle front is because they are battle scene models, not field models.

Gammastar

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I know it's not much, it's easy to get, and hell, there's a good chance you got it already, but just in case I can make your lives a little bit easier, I got you a victory fanfare: http://www.mediafire.com/?owedzad2eul

After about an hour of researching, downloading, and the like, I determined that maybe SFX hacking is a bit out of my league at the moment (unless it's gotten easier lately; unfortunately as far as I know BrawlBox still can't quite replace those yet), and after all it's your project, so I figured I'd just let you guys handle it.

Of course there's still the very distinct possibility that you already got this and maybe even put it in, but you do have other things to be working on, so maybe I did something of value. Idk, I just wanted to contribute something lol. I would love to be of significant use on the project, but I'm still fairly new to all this... however, I might be able to take some of the simpler stuff off your hands and allow you guys to focus on other things.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hey guys. I know it's not much, it's easy to get, and hell, there's a good chance you got it already, but just in case I can make your lives a little bit easier, I got you a victory fanfare: http://www.mediafire.com/?owedzad2eul

After about an hour of researching, downloading, and the like, I determined that maybe SFX hacking is a bit out of my league at the moment (unless it's gotten easier lately; unfortunately as far as I know BrawlBox still can't quite replace those yet), and after all it's your project, so I figured I'd just let you guys handle it.

Of course there's still the very distinct possibility that you already got this and maybe even put it in, but you do have other things to be working on, so maybe I did something of value. Idk, I just wanted to contribute something lol. I would love to be of significant use on the project, but I'm still fairly new to all this... however, I might be able to take some of the simpler stuff off your hands and allow you guys to focus on other things.
A little off-topic, but I thought I'd let you know that the reason sound effects aren't replaceable outside of Riivolution is because there isn't a code to allow sound effect replacement.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Well, let's start discussing ideals for stages, then. What would be the setting? In these settings, how would the level be made? Should it be focused on Lloyd or have a little something for everyone?
Well, let's start discussing ideals
I lol'd

I was under the impression that we were going with the New World Tree. I got the dump of it and everything, I just need to start poking through it.

Gammastar

Smash Rookie
A little off-topic, but I thought I'd let you know that the reason sound effects aren't replaceable outside of Riivolution is because there isn't a code to allow sound effect replacement.
Aha, I see. Though I thought I saw something like that around the web somewhere... whatever, I imagine it'd be very very well-known if it existed. That's a little unfortunate for me though, because when I use Riivo with my edited common5_en.pac (with the files from this project), it freezes every time I try going to the CSS.

EDIT: This is what I was referring to. If there's any validity to it, at least there's some good hope for the future of SFX hacking.

Zephron

Smash Ace
For some reason Riivolution doesn't let me take screenshots and save them to my SD card.

I finished 2 textures, but I think you guys will appreciate a short wait if I come back tomorrow with CSPs, Battle Portraits, and pics along with the DL's.

Sorry about that.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
A small note on riivolution is that if you use an sd card as the choice to load files from, it won't let you save anything to it in game.

Amazing progress and work so far! Can't wait to see the final product. I hope all the animations flow smoothly into each other...

saturo96

Smash Rookie
Well, i think if the stage should be closely related to Lloyd, i think Ymir forest would be great, of course i mean the place were the Origin tablet is... and Kratos and Lloyd had their one on one battle.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Quick question on riivolution, how do you tell it to use the USB? Just answer if you know, don't tell me to google things.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think only having the USB in should work if you load it with that alone beforehand. I'm not entirely sure.

@thanyou, forgot we were aiming for the New World Tree here :p.
I feel like this has been running slow. Perhaps if we re-establish what we need to do to finish this, we can get done faster.
As far as I remember, we have to finish:
-the stage
-the moveset
-all animations
-the sound effects

Zephron

Smash Ace
I'll be on Skype more and work with thanyou for the stage.

Stickman is being assaulted with Finals so sound effects aren't going to be finished anytime soon but we might have some progress.

GL Thanyou with the anims

SqLeon and SaxMeister really need to get cracking on that PSA when they can.
We've only really done 1 move, Demon Fang. And it doesn't even work in the air yet.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I'll be on Skype more and work with thanyou for the stage.

Stickman is being assaulted with Finals so sound effects aren't going to be finished anytime soon but we might have some progress.

GL Thanyou with the anims

SqLeon and SaxMeister really need to get cracking on that PSA when they can.
We've only really done 1 move, Demon Fang. And it doesn't even work in the air yet.

I've been working on beast, im pretty sure I can put demon fang in the air(though not diagnol at the moment) by today.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I've been working on beast, im pretty sure I can put demon fang in the air(though not diagnol at the moment) by today.
Off-topic @ SqLeon: No wonder the Ichigo topic has been dead! *joking tone*

On-Topic @ Topic: Can't wait to test this out when it's ready. I would do a bit of texture editing on Lloyd, but after attempting to "Brawl-ify" Ichigo, I think I will focus more on my animation project after the fact. I need to get those Walking, Landing, and Jab anims done so they can be PSAed for an Alpha.

Zephron

Smash Ace
On-Topic @ Topic: Can't wait to test this out when it's ready. I would do a bit of texture editing on Lloyd, but after attempting to "Brawl-ify" Ichigo, I think I will focus more on my animation project after the fact.
I tried to Brawl-ify Lloyd, but all I could do was everything but his skin, and eyes.

Lloyd's skin textures are cut up extremely strangely and I gave up after 10 tries of complete failure.

gg132

Smash Rookie
Just a quick suggestion on a stage for Lloyd. How about outside(Or inside)Iselia Temple?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I tried to Brawl-ify Lloyd, but all I could do was everything but his skin, and eyes.

Lloyd's skin textures are cut up extremely strangely and I gave up after 10 tries of complete failure.
Ichigo's Face texture isn't much better. Its organized like a chimpanzee with Down Syndrome did it, and I can't even see where some half the textures go in BrawlBox.

I bet Naruto's (The Model from the Wii games) isn't much better either, but witht he experience I got from doing Ichigo, I could do him as well if I wanted.

Ichigo's hair textures can't be edited cause it is taking a small piece is stretching it across the majority of the hair polygons, making texturizing it impractical.

EDIT: I am getting to the point where I am just about to go ahead and give Ichigo's face texture the finger. and call it done, cause unless someone can show me how the **** thing is mapped, I can't make it look very good. Which sucks cause I think SqLeon would appreciate the contribution.

RE-EDIT:Aww, Met(ool)s!

Well, after figuring out a method to see exactly how Ichigo's face texture is mapped, I have come to the following conclusion: A complete re-texture is a thing of impossibility. Nothing short of remapping the texture could make it fully editable, and even then we would need to see the individual parts. So the best I can hope for is a partially re-textured nose, the eyebrows, hair shadow on the face, the neck and chest, and ears are the only editable things on Ichigo's face within practicality.

Zephron, you could also use this method to see how Lloyd's skin textures are mapped up.

1. Select a piece of skin with Magic Wand or Polygonal Lasso Tool.

2. On a new layer, select the Paint Bucket and set it to pattern, choose a pattern and paint.

3. Repeat until each piece has a different texture, then view in Brawlbox.

I bet if I looked at Naruto my results would be similar to Ichigo.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Zephron, you could also use this method to see how Lloyd's skin textures are mapped up.

1. Select a piece of skin with Magic Wand or Polygonal Lasso Tool.

2. On a new layer, select the Paint Bucket and set it to pattern, choose a pattern and paint.

3. Repeat until each piece has a different texture, then view in Brawlbox.

I bet if I looked at Naruto my results would be similar to Ichigo.
Thanks, but unfortunately I have already done that, and I think I have a slightly better system by using rainbow colors to see which direction everything starts and ends with.

That's how I came the the conclusion that Lloyd is extremely odd x__X
He has SOME hope, since there isn't much stretching.

The main problem is that it's mirrored and copy pasted a lot over random parts so it's really hard to get them to sync.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Also SqLeon, I need all those tools that I said I didn't need. Please get on Skype now :V

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
SoooOooOoOO I herd u want Kratos.

Here you go.

This is in fact the ONLY TIME you see him..... in a picture

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I know I should condense my quadruple posts into 1 post but these are all awesome and deserve their own post

http://ioj.com/v/gw7t4

A little more fixing and this'll be ready to go :D

Zephron

Smash Ace
We are. That's an old picture.

This is the new one: http://ioj.com/v/a8uh3

We haven't fixed the collisions yet obviously, but basically you'll be fighting on the island, directly in front of the new world tree.

The edges of the island will be the ledges, and you will fall through the water.
Thanyou is hopeful that we can get the water animated, as well.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
OK, that definitely needs some platforms.

It would be nice if you swam in the water rather than falling through it.

And why don't you overwrite Green Greens rather than Hyrule Temple?

I mean, I like my Kirby, but this stage is pretty close to a ToS-ified replica of Dream Land 64.

Zephron

Smash Ace
If you swam through the water there would be no ledges, which people would want.

But still, platforms would be cool. We can discuss it.
Thanyou needs to tell me if it's even possible to get swimming occurring.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
SoooOooOoOO I herd u want Kratos.

Here you go.

This is in fact the ONLY TIME you see him..... in a picture
Wow. Is there any way we could use that for a model? It looks really detailed...

Perhaps have it in the background of the world tree like in that cutscene from Tos 2?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Awesome stuff thanyou! If you wanted to put platforms in you could find some good ones to import.

Zephron

Smash Ace
Hey guys, got two new textures for you.

Link Lloyd Costume:
Download + pics: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...d=All#Number=7575&Moderated=All&Moderated=All

Zelos Lloyd Costume:
Download + pics:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=7576&Moderated=All

Possibly You:
Zeeeeeeeph, WHAR'S MAH PIRATE COSTUME?

Ack! Sorry! It's 12:39PM and I'm really tired!
It'll be up later tomorrow!

EDIT: You know what, I love you guys so much I did it anyway.

Pirate Lloyd Costume (FIXED)
Download + old pics:
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Bra...d=All#Number=7577&Moderated=All&Moderated=All

I didn't have time for updated pics. But I fixed the arms, the neck, and a couple of other things.
The eye patch is actually impossible to look 100% nice.
Sorry. Believe me, I tried.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Lmao those two costumes are hilarious! Also, vorpal sword is looking gooood. Seems like you won't have to change the CSPs after all. The vertex looks so much better in-game and textured.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
but it was 12:39 AM. you have no excuse! hahaha, looks good, though.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
@ Holy Lance

That is the only speck of Kratos in the entire iso. We'll have to wait for the importer to get daddy into barwl.

@Zeph

NEW TEXTURES. **** YEAH.

@ everyone

I've been having trouble getting the texture to work for the stage, perhaps its the model, since I had to scale it in order to get it as big as it is (Which isn't that big at all)

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
In my honest Opinion Zeph, if you want editing the face to be easier, I suggest making each piece of skin a different color.

Top Bottom