• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus Official Crew Thread

Kirk

Smash Champion
Well I'm not sure if we can really have 4 co-leaders lol.

But maybe we can come up with different titles for everyone?

I don't have any ideas right now though...

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
Yo! Finally got a new account up and running. Sorry I can't make either of the smash fests, but I got a lot of work to finish off. I'll see ya this weekend though. Only good times ahead.

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
Woo, finally got this up! First post is long from done though, we've got many more vids to add, things to add for each member, and of course, our name lol.
I've been looking up names from smash wiki and it turns out there's a crew called "Bros. of Smash" and "Church of Smash" so perhaps "Sons of Smash" isn't the best idea. Still voting for "Danger Incognito" or maybe something new. What do you guys think?

Kirk

Smash Champion
I vote for something new :D

We just haven't thought of a good one yet...well, a good one that we can all agree on :p

At Jesse's right now...maybe you can stop by sometime before the tourney? Or do you have all that work that needs to be done? Either way...smashing good times will be had.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
YES! We need Tom and Ian to come...Poor Steffon got screwed lol but w/e, i had fun ****** him while he was here xD

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
I vote for something new :D

We just haven't thought of a good one yet...well, a good one that we can all agree on :p

At Jesse's right now...maybe you can stop by sometime before the tourney? Or do you have all that work that needs to be done? Either way...smashing good times will be had.
Sorry. I'm a bit busy this time of year, but I'll see ya guys at the tournament.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah, see you at the tourney Ian...btw, how are you getting there...cuz we don't know how we're getting there yet LOL but we'll find a way

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
Yeah, see you at the tourney Ian...btw, how are you getting there...cuz we don't know how we're getting there yet LOL but we'll find a way
I always walk to wherever I want to go. This summer though I might be able to fix up my car in case Steffon has problems with... stuff again. Tantalus wins at life!!!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
IAN WOOO 1st PLACE YAHHH TANTALUS WOOO IAN AND KIRK FOR FIRST IN TEAMS YAYYUHHZZZ

So, the night after the tourney may have been the best night ever. My doritos got stolen..wow, what a story.

anyways, FUN AS HELL people. congrats to silverspawn for winning and silver and kirk for taking 1st in teams..again :)

asylum, you're too funny. stay hood

Kirk

Smash Champion
I just wish I played better in singles xD Had more than one lapse of judgement and just played poorer overall :/ but no johns...can't do well all the time xD

Good job Ian, finally beat teh Wolf...like you should have xD Hopefully we'll get together some more before I leave next Saturday.

TANTALUS YYYEEAAHHHHH

Sharky

Smash Master
hahaha wow just noticed this, good stuff guys. As I prepare to leave rochester this week, I give this crew my blessing. XD

Jesiah, a smasher must be learn to keep better track of his Doritos. =P

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Oh, trust me...I've gotten more than enough revenge on Matt in Smash matches via Melee....Heh, the 3 stocks were endless. xD

Sharky

Smash Master
Pssh, I think we all know who was the real winner that night, and it wasn't the person who was running around whooping after finding a bag of chips. =P Also, gimme your friend code, I'll actually have access to a wii of my own to play on come friday.

aaaanywho, on another note, lemme in teh crew!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
So, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately...about Smash in general.

I am not satisfied with my tournament placings...I play Brawl a lot, but lately I just can't seem to improve. Well, that's not the truth. I am improving, but I'm not consistent in tourney. It's annoying. I know I'm almost at the top players of our areas level, if not right there. Whenever I lose, it's always very close, coming down to the last game, most of the time even last stock high percent...But I just can't pull out the win. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I play Marth and Toon Link right now. My Marth is probably best, then my Toon Link. I've developed my Toon Link entirely by myself, and I think that's helping me become a better player...Thinking of strategies by myself has helped me become a better on the spot thinker.

Anyways, basically I'm sick of not coming top 3 in tourney, and I don't know what to do to get better/become more consistent. Thoughts?

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
If you find new characters, it may churn some ideas in your head as new creative things to do with your actual main, or find new ways to approach other characters, and then finding the closest analogue with your main. It's all about developing a style and smarts, and being comfortable with both in a pressured environment.

It also means not picking final destination any more. Really, you and I die on that stage too much.

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
So, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately...about Smash in general.

I am not satisfied with my tournament placings...I play Brawl a lot, but lately I just can't seem to improve. Well, that's not the truth. I am improving, but I'm not consistent in tourney. It's annoying. I know I'm almost at the top players of our areas level, if not right there. Whenever I lose, it's always very close, coming down to the last game, most of the time even last stock high percent...But I just can't pull out the win. I'm not sure what the problem is.

I play Marth and Toon Link right now. My Marth is probably best, then my Toon Link. I've developed my Toon Link entirely by myself, and I think that's helping me become a better player...Thinking of strategies by myself has helped me become a better on the spot thinker.

Anyways, basically I'm sick of not coming top 3 in tourney, and I don't know what to do to get better/become more consistent. Thoughts?
The problem, as you kinda mentioned, is not with you. As you stated you are improving with spot thinking and battle in general. The problem is that everyone else is improving as well. If you want to be better than others than you will have to out-fight and/or out-think them during the match as well.

Picking up other characters has nothing to do with it. Anyone can pick up a new character and fiddle around, but if you want to be the best you got to find a way to make your character work against any matchup. I know some matchups are bad no matter what and that's what secondary characters are for, but if you keep changing up you can never really fine tune the timings and tricks of whoever. Also it's the smasher, not the character that counts.

Keep playing, find a wider variety of people to play against, noone is the best instantly.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah Ian, I know...that was my philosophy in Melee, I just stuck with one character, and it worked fine...I played Fox too, but that was only after a long time. I believe that if you master 1 character, it's better than just half assing a bunch of others.

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
Then you're good. Don't worry about placing so much. Technically everyone is a noob right now except for the haxxorz who got the game early or people who played the japanese version.

Perhaps watching other brawl matches would help as well. Hugs and Azen taught me a lot about ROB and Forte taught me a little about Metaknight.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Learning match-ups is too important. That's the main reason I lose to people right now.

This crew better show up for Cataclysm 4. Montage vs Tantalus in the finals, right? :)

Kirk

Smash Champion
Home is pretty good so far...I finally fixed the bugs in my internet...that was hell to get working...but its seems to be all good now. Still unpacking a bit, being the lazy person I am.

I'm gonna be veerrrryy busy this summer...I start work this week and it ain't stopping for nothing :o

Although, I do believe I have weekends completely free...with a car at my disposal...so I should be able to do some traveling...to an extent :p

In the mean time we should do some wifi matches...as I have literally no one to play with over here hehe.

Also Jesse, AIM me when you can cause I need to talk to ya about something.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Inui, your advice is appreciated. :)

Cat4? We'll check it out...Hopefully Kirk can come too...KoJ and I can probably make it, Ian as well...Tom hopefully, and hopefully Kirk too.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Cali you say? Heh, getting a little bit of WC smash this summer. Take pics and record matches to let us know how it is.

Top Bottom