• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tantalus Official Crew Thread

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Guys, Kirk had an idea about crew WiFi practices...Not practices I guess, just time to get together and play...Scheduled I mean. I'm all for it, what does everyone think? If everyone is awake at this time, I vote for Saturdays at midnights...Err, I guess that'd make it Sunday at midnight. xD

Kirk

Smash Champion
Weekends would probably be best overall schedule wise. Though I myself am available weeknights as well...I have nothing going on after work so that's a possibility for me anyway.

I only suggested it because we can't always be close to each other(.....me xD) and it would be a nice idea to play each other once awhile.

But yeah...Sat nights work for me...unless I'm coming back late from a tourney or staying over at someones house...for a tourney. Sundays are OK too and weeknights as well. Those are my hours o.O

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Well you better find out fast *****, cuz we don't want to wait on ur punk A$S. :) jk. I'm beating you this tourney also Ian, be prepared. xD

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
Jesse*. Learn how to spell then come back and play me. LOL

/****
I'll learn to spell your name when it's actually important to me. :laugh: OHHHH jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk

Still I might not have internet access for a little while. Do we have a definite practice time?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Ok, so far it's me, Steffon, and Ian...I've spoken with Kirk about it...It's a 12 hour drive for him, so it's not looking good...we need confirmation from Tom/Kirk still.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE FOR CRITICAL HIT 3

1:
Start out going NORTH on FRENCH RD toward FRENCHWOODS CIR.
0.7 mi

* Map

2:
Turn RIGHT onto S WINTON RD/CR-98.
0.2 mi

* Map
* Avoid

3:
Merge onto I-590 S via the ramp on the LEFT toward I-390.
0.7 mi

* Map
* Avoid

4:
Merge onto I-390 S toward NEW YORK STATE THRUWAY/CORNING.
70.6 mi

* Map
* Avoid

5:
I-390 S becomes I-86 E/NY-15 S/NY-17 E/SOUTHERN TIER EXPY.
23.1 mi

* Map
* Avoid

6:
Merge onto US-15 S via EXIT 44A toward WILLIAMSPORT (Crossing into PENNSYLVANIA).
74.5 mi

* Map
* Avoid

7:
Merge onto I-180 E/US-15 S/US-220 N toward LEWISBURG/MONTOURSVILLE.
1.8 mi

* Map
* Avoid

8:
Take the US-15 S exit, EXIT 27B, toward LEWISBURG.
0.3 mi

* Map
* Avoid

9:
Keep RIGHT at the fork to go on VIA BELLA ST/US-15.
0.4 mi

* Map
* Avoid

10:
Turn LEFT onto COURT ST/US-15.
0.1 mi

* Map
* Avoid

11:
Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto US-15 S.
0.1 mi

* Map
* Avoid

12:
Turn RIGHT onto MARKET ST/US-15 S.
1.1 mi

* Map
* Avoid

13:
Turn LEFT onto US-15 S/MONTGOMERY PIKE. Continue to follow US-15 S.
34.9 mi

* Map
* Avoid

14:
Merge onto US-11 S/US-15 S toward HARRISBURG.
33.0 mi

* Map
* Avoid

15:
Merge onto US-22 E/US-322 E toward HARRISBURG.
13.1 mi

* Map
* Avoid

16:
Merge onto I-81 S toward CARLISLE.
7.8 mi

* Map
* Avoid

17:
Merge onto PA-581 E/HARRISBURG EXPY via EXIT 59 on the LEFT toward US-11/CAMP HILL.
5.4 mi

* Map
* Avoid

18:
Merge onto US-15 S via EXIT 5B toward GETTYSBURG.
34.4 mi

* Map
* Avoid

19:
Take the PA-97 exit toward BALTIMORE PIKE.
0.1 mi

* Map
* Avoid

20:
Turn LEFT onto PA-97/BALTIMORE PIKE. Continue to follow PA-97 (Crossing into MARYLAND).
19.8 mi

* Map
* Avoid

21:
Merge onto MD-140 E/MD-97 S toward BALTIMORE.
2.5 mi

* Map
* Avoid

22:
Turn RIGHT onto MD-97/MALCOLM DR. Continue to follow MD-97 S.
9.9 mi

* Map
* Avoid

23:
Take the LIBERTY RD/MD-26 ramp toward TAYLORSVILLE/ELDERSBURG.
0.2 mi

* Map
* Avoid

24:
Turn RIGHT onto MD-26/LIBERTY RD.
4.7 mi

* Map
* Avoid

25:
End at 6400 Ridge Rd Sykesville, MD 21784-6248

* Map

Estimated Time: 6.0 hours 18 minutes Estimated Distance: 339.36 miles

Chances are we will instead go to Plairnkk's house, so these directions may be irrelevant...also, we will be picking up kirk from the airport

Kirk

Smash Champion
I think it might be easier to just post a mapquest link instead of a huge post like that xD But that's just me hehe.

And I'm glad we could get something worked out transportation wise. Gonna be a lot of fun that weekend. I hope we get to practice some before then (tonight? :D)

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
I'm going to try and make this for sure, as me going enables other crew members to go as well. Also, someone get in touch with Kelvin and see if he is willing. I know Neil might be interested as well.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Looks like we're getting that crew battle in. :)

You'll be facing Mew2King, dmbrandon, Inui, and Atomsk. How much money per head?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Heh, no clue dude...TBH, I hope I even have enough money to get there LOL, but yeah I'm def up for a crew battle....How come we can't do 5 people?

Silverspawnmaster

Smash Cadet
You only need person when you have M2K. Let's just make it a melee crew match. It will be over faster that way. If we take one stock off Jason, we win.
Quitting before you battle is a bad thing. It doesn't matter if Mew2king / Azen / Forte / Chillindude / or anyone is challenging us. If you don't believe you can win then you'll always lose. I look forward to this crew battle.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I hate that M2k's name is a shadow.

I mean, My sets with him are close and in teams I'm dominant. I'm not down playing him, he's amazing, but ****, give us others some credit. >_>

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I hope the rest of Tantalus has balls. TheKneeOfJustice apparently doesn't have Captain Falcon's courage and power. ;)

Mew2King isn't a super dominating God anymore. Brawl's release gave a lot of people the chance to even out the skillgaps, and people like me and Brandon have done just that, giving him a run for his money in singles and teams very consistently.

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
So, I knew I'd miss the bi-weekly on the 22nd due to my new responsibilities as a God Father. I was fine with that. But apparently, after our long discussion about how important competitive gaming, and my friends meant to me, my b**** mother decided none of my priorities mattered. And decided to screw with me once again, f****** me out of a 2nd bi weekly in a row.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
You only need person when you have M2K. Let's just make it a melee crew match. It will be over faster that way. If we take one stock off Jason, we win.
Dude no offense but it's just a crew battle if it was singles then yeah I guess you would have reason to be scared but it's brawl man it's not like he can run bthrow fair fair up b your falco 4 times in this game LOL.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
To be completely honest, does there need to be money on it? I mean, I want do to this crew battle. Besides the fact that Inui, Brandon, and the people in Montage are really cool...It will be good experience, I can finally see how we face up to people out of town, and ****...To be honest, I think we have a chance of winning. Like Inui said, Brawl is a new game, I've already been thinking about the characters everyone in Montage plays, how to deal with them etc..We, Tantalus are smart players, just like anyone else out there. Let's give this thing a shot.

As far as money goes, I could care less one way or another. If we have extra money, I'll put money on it. If I don't, then no money. I hope Montage doesn't care either way, whether it's a lot of money, a little bit of money, or just no money. Regardless, the crew battle is going down.

Be prepared *****es. xD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Just 5 dollars a person? I'd prefer for it to not be just for nothing since it probably won't even happen if it's for nothing.

We'll probably do it regardless, though.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Yeah dude, like I said we'll put money on it if we can...We'll probably be able to, I just don't want you guys to get upset or something if there's no money.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
lol Inui guage them first. I mean if you play them and realize wow they are not at all near a competitive level...no need to take their money.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
lol Inui guage them first. I mean if you play them and realize wow they are not at all near a competitive level...no need to take their money.
They win all the time where they're at right now, but their competition is definitely not at the same level as people like Jason, Velocity, Kashif, etc.

Eh, we'll see.

Kirk

Smash Champion
So when is this thing goin down again? I forget >.>

Who cares who thinks we are good enough/skilled or whatever. It's not like it really matters that much does it? We're doing this for fun and to meet some new people in the process. At least that how I see it. When we finally play each other we can decide >.> As for the money thing, I'm fine either way...a little money makes things more competitive but its also ok if we don't put any on this battle because, as I've said before, its for fun :D

I'm excited for this and hope it'll be a good experience for me. See you all next month xD

P.S. Wifi me some more! :(

Top Bottom