• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

Nova9000

Smash Lord
@ this pointless debate:

I have about 3 more pics I could put up, but I don't want this to prolong any longer. Anyway, Pikmin are now plausible and Oli is a contender. So now that we have that squared away, lets move on to Mario. I wasn't too certain about Tink or ZSS, so once we have that set up we can move on. IMO we should be done with this by April so we can move into Rd. 6, but this is taking too long...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
....when havent pikmin been plausible?

Oli's just been in MUs where they, and him, get outclassed :p
Maybe plausible isn't the right word. But we never really looked into what they could do. It was just Oli tellin the Pikmin to attack and when they die Oli fails. That's why Bowser, CF, ICs, Ike, and Pit whipped him so easily. But we'll get to Olimar when his turn comes up. I'm tryna knock this chart out and Mario is next up on it.

Rialdospaldacht

Smash Journeyman
What projectile does Mario have? I thought we were in a consensus that Ganondorf killinates anyone without a useful projectile?

Also why isn't Link on the people who would beat Mario list?

On a mildly related note, what did we decide for Ganondorf's size? 8 feet?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
What projectile does Mario have? I thought we were in a consensus that Ganondorf killinates anyone without a useful projectile?

Also why isn't Link on the people who would beat Mario list?

On a mildly related note, what did we decide for Ganondorf's size? 8 feet?
Hammmahs man. Throwing hammers like those on SMB3.

I think Hammmahs are very useful since they have the lethality of a tomahawk, but can be thrown.

Link already bet him. Check the OP and you'll see Mario already has a loss thanks to Link, Samus, ect.

Didn't we decide Ganon was 8ft? Was there ever a discrepancy?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Multiple fixes.
How dare you! I never rant.

The funny thing is guys in your predictable and disappointing "omg stop arguing!" and "stop derailing teh threadz!" frenzy you have managed to be far more passionate and pathetic about the subject then I or Guest ever was. The last few posts barely even qualify as banter let alone coming anywhere close to anything problematic. There is no problem to be found save one you make for yourselves. Just let it slide, ignore it or embrace it depending upon your style. Lets have no backseat modding or internet superhero shenanigans please, you only look incredibly foolish in the process.

Maybe plausible isn't the right word. But we never really looked into what they could do. It was just Oli tellin the Pikmin to attack and when they die Oli fails. That's why Bowser, CF, ICs, Ike, and Pit whipped him so easily. But we'll get to Olimar when his turn comes up. I'm tryna knock this chart out and Mario is next up on it.
This hasn't exactly changed. It Still is Olu just teling Pikmin to attack...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
How dare you! I never rant.

The funny thing is guys in your predictable and disappointing "omg stop arguing!" and "stop derailing teh threadz!" frenzy you have managed to be far more passionate and pathetic about the subject then I or Guest ever was. The last few posts barely even qualify as banter let alone coming anywhere close to anything problematic. There is no problem to be found save one you make for yourselves. Just let it slide, ignore it or embrace it depending upon your style. Lets have no backseat modding or internet superhero shenanigans please, you only look incredibly foolish in the process.
I could care less what you two do, but I don't want the thread to suffer because of it. That's why I'm saying something.

This hasn't exactly changed. It Still is Olu just teling Pikmin to attack...
Well now we know for sure...;)
But seriously, can't this wait until we get to Oli?

I'm really starting to like this Xia, guy

@Nova

Whistle attack, go!
Yellow used Static!
You forgot about whites when they imitate muk with poison lol.
And yea, whistles and punches. Good no1 knows disable lol...

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I could care less what you two do, but I don't want the thread to suffer because of it. That's why I'm saying something.
The thread didn't suffer. It just wasn't actively improved by one or two posts. I'm quite sure I could go back and look through and find literally tons of posts by the people who complained that were MORE detrimental then the previous posts by Guest and myself. You cannot hope to justify stepping in with dull and overwrought whining demotivators.

I guess at least it wasn't THAT arguing on internet special olympics picture that everyone got tired of in 2003. I swear if I see that again I'm gonna actually go and punch a mentally disabled kid or something.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Bumped and double posted because Donald said so...

Ok since the chart was taking too long, I sped up the process and filled in MUs I thought were rather obvious. Infact, most of the chart is filled in now. There were some MUs that were questionable to me, so I didn't add them in there. But I'll give you the complete rundown of what I have so far ( that it's out of 38; I recounted it and came up with 38):

The List of Characters who have completed charts:
:samus2: 38-0
:link2: 31-7
:ivysaur: 22-14-2
:diddy: 17-21
:mario2: 28-10
:ike: 26-12
:bowser2: 33-5
:wolf: 34-3-1
:ganondorf: 25-13
:dedede: 5-33
:pichu: 3-35
:metaknight: 2-36
:jigglypuff: 0-37-1
:kirby: 0-37-1

Now the rest of the characters are involved in a MU that I wasn't too certain about, or I thought may end up being a draw.
Characters w/o complete charts:
:falcon: 30-7
:fox: 35-1-1
:snake: 33-1-1
:luigi2: 13-20
:zelda:/:shiek: 30-7
:zerosuitsamus: 32-3-1
:ness2: 16-19
:dk2: 20-16-1
:roymelee: 22-14-1
:pit: 22-14-1
:mewtwo: 7-28
:marth: 22-14
:lucario: 10-21
:pikachu2: 13-24
:lucas: 14-22
:popo: 12-23
:falco: 31-5
:wario: 10-25
:charizard: 13-23
:peach: 12-22
:olimar: 11-23-1
:yoshi2: 5-30-1
:sonic: 5-30-1
:squirtle: 4-33
:toonlink: 13-15

So, with all them, you notice their W/L doesn't add to 38. So these are the MUs that I thought could be looked further into and debated within the thread:

v. :snake::
:falcon:
:fox:
:zerosuitsamus:

v. :luigi2::
:ness2:
:lucario:
:lucas:
:peach:
:toonlink:

v. :falco::
:zelda:/:shiek:
:zerosuitsamus:

v. :ness2::
:lucario:

v.:marth::
:roymelee:
:pit:

v. :mewtwo::
:yoshi2:
:sonic:

v. :lucario::
:popo:
:olimar:

v. :pikachu2::
:yoshi2:

v. :wario::

v. :toonlink::
:dk2:

v. :charizard::

v. :sonic::
:squirtle:

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8213768&postcount=5531

Thoughts?

JOE!

Smash Hero
for the time being, im going to do a MU style again, to get those controversial matches out of the way, but as a vs SNAKE style, to speed it up for the characters who need that MU...

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Cool. Just know that the link in the OP is different from the new one. And also you should list all 3 of the combatants; maybe we'll get more input that way.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Nah, but he's still cool lol.
And yea, seems like it's only you and me JOE!....
So where do you think Snake stands with them?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
In a quickdraw, reflexes are everything. I think Zamus and Snake tie for reflexes, but Fox has beast instincts, which means his reflexes are instinctive, Falcon I don't know.

Here is how I think it goes.

Falcon loses to Snake.

Zamus ties with Snake.

Fox (somehow) ties with Snake.

Zamus's Chozo Training.

Fox's beast instincts.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I think Beren's sounds more accurate. because again, Zamus's weapon helps her out here just like with the Zamus vs. Fox.
Fox shoots more but Zamus's weapon is faster so they both kill eachother ending in a tie. Same happens against snake.
Once fox hits his mark hill riddle Snake with holes but Snake can be more precise making it pretty even.
Failcon I've got nothing.

UncleSam

Smash Master
However, Zamus doesnt have the "lol bullets" armor Samus does...
so? Zamus vs. Fox was still a tie, armor didn't matter. And Snake hardly has any armor here either, 1 headshot will fry his brain in approx. 1 threemillionth of a second.

REL38

Smash Lord
Based off of games, Snake has displayed more field experience with weaponry

Fox would have limited weapons experience
Basic military training that has only been displayed in Multiplayer in Assault

I'd lean toward Snake beating Zamus
Zamus has had more physical training, not handheld weapons training

Falcon's nothing special
Snake got it

Edit:
Who says Fox will land a headshot?

UncleSam

Smash Master
I'd lean toward Snake beating Zamus
Zamus has had more physical training, not handheld weapons training
"I wonder how Samus wields around her arm cannon, luck maybe?"

in essence, you're implying this. Samus and Zamus are the same body, she doesn't magically obtain weapons knowledge when going in her power suit and then forgetting it when she leaves it.
ever played metroid Zero mission?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
If you look at the comic clip of Falcon, the shot and him grabbing the gun is almost instantaneous. Seems rather fast if you ask me, but then again it is a comic. Just taking up for Falcon here....

REL38

Smash Lord
"I wonder how Samus wields around her arm cannon, luck maybe?"

in essence, you're implying this. Samus and Zamus are the same body, she doesn't magically obtain weapons knowledge when going in her power suit and then forgetting it when she leaves it.
ever played metroid Zero mission?
Knowing how to shoot an AK-47 with precision and speed doesn't mean you can get the same results with an M9 or Mosin Nagant or Scorpion

Not to mention the Power Suit amplifies targeting by a significant amount

Also, just noting what Snake's Sneaking Suit is compromised of:

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Aromatic_Polyamide

JOE!

Smash Hero
Indeed

as for the relavance of Zamus vs power suit:

Power Suit has auto targeting and offers more safety, whereas Snake and Zamus is down to who hits who first, and with snake's gear, he may have more leeway vs the handheled EL

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So from what it sounds like, Snake ties with Fox and ZSS for the same reasons the latter 2 tie.

And Falcon loses.

Sound about right?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Cool. That makes Snake 34-1-3.
I'll update it when I get home.
Also note that you can consilidate the Ness MUs into the TL and Luc MUs if you want. I just noticed it when I saw the OP.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Nasty Plot
|
Alakazam can choose to Teleport into Trick Rooms instead of where he entered the match by pressing Up for the center Trick Room, and Left/Right for other TR's in relation to the center one/center stage.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Nova9000

Smash Lord

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smash
|
Interaction

|
Guillotine
|
Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.​

CHOOSE YOUR RESERVE!

Top Bottom