• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master
Ok Shield issue is over, its useless in melee battle so its out of the fight.
lol u sound like Adum there

If he uses the single blade he is going to be at a disadvantageous position as he has no armor and cant endure a single hit from roy.
he's not going to use one wtf r u thinking?

So all the weapons pit have are his dual swords, so no variety on the battle, just the "sword vs sword" battle.
"sword & sword vs. sword"

And yeah, the dual sword are reall short.

His normal sword is a little 1/3 smaller then roys, and when you get the dual sword, you get very small swords to fight with, witch really will fail against roy's nimble and ranged sword.
2 smaller blades are better than one slightly bigger one what are you geting at here?

EDIT: @ET
you ever heard of "using your opponents strength against them?"

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Sharpen_APP
  • Rock Smash
  • Hyper Beam
|
  • If a foe is Locked-On, Night Slash/Metal Claws/Sucker Punch/Faint Attack all will home in on the targeted foe automatically.
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • If a target is Fossilized in a Trick Room, they do not acquire the negative side effects (Minus damage and speed on allies, damage resistance on enemies), but the duration/escape difficulty is halved.
|Bisharp is the MVP of the team, after Porygon-Z and Armantle set up of course. The ability for him to share lock-on and create multi-hit attacks from rocks stacks wonderfully with Bleed and Lava damage, not to mention Sharpen_App's homing projectiles on top of all this. Packing strong finishers in Hyper Beam and Rock Smash as well, it shouldn't be hard to keep the ball rolling even after Bisharp goes down for the count, as Z and Armantle can still capitalize on the great zoning projectiles and heavy armor he gave them to maintain the edge.

UncleSam

Smash Master
why arent we duscussing using the shield itself as a weapon?

see: SPARTANS
it could definitely be used, say Roy attacks Pits right side, Pit can block with the dual sword, and bash Roys skull/Right arm killing/disabling him

they use big shields offensivley, pushing opponents and the like
so did link in TP, a shield has many uses, they even made some shields for the purpose of offensive attacks, some sheilds have spikes on them

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Rock Smash
  • Stealth Rock
  • Guillotine
|
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • Alakazam can grab Fossilized foes with Confusion, despite their anti-grab armor, and throw them while pausing their "grab" timer until released from Confusion.
  • Bisharp can hit Alakazam's spoons like his Metal Claws, which makes them behave just like them until they return to Alakazam.
|Alakazam and Armantle have amazing synergy as always, and set up for Bisharp's potent finishers and traps with their various ways to manipulate the field and foe alike. A good team for any skill level, they come with a great mixed bag of aerial and ground traps, punishes, damage wracking and KO options.

UncleSam

Smash Master
In the previous match between Fox and Pit, we were using Pit from Kid Icarus, which was why the match became a tie.
wasn't there for that, and Pit is using his swords instead of his bow so it seemed more like brawl Pit, without arrow looping lol

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ooo, yeah. Dryn. Pit doesn't have arrows, sawn.

No magix.
We used Pit's regular arrows in the match between Fox and Pit. That doesn't involve magic.

wasn't there for that, and Pit is using his swords instead of his bow so it seemed more like brawl Pit, without arrow looping lol
We avoided that, because we weren't using magic or whatever the Light Arrows are made out of. In the match between Fox and Pit, it became a stalemate, because Fox had to approach Pit, and Pit could just sit there and wait for Fox, so if Fox came up, Pit could strike Fox, or Fox could kill Pit with his Blaster. This was why it was a stalemate. We decided not to use arrows, because that would mean Pit would take a hit from the Blaster.

UncleSam

Smash Master
We used Pit's regular arrows in the match between Fox and Pit. That doesn't involve magic.
We decided not to use arrows, because that would mean Pit would take a hit from the Blaster.
wait, what?

We avoided that, because we weren't using magic or whatever the Light Arrows are made out of. In the match between Fox and Pit, it became a stalemate, because Fox had to approach Pit, and Pit could just sit there and wait for Fox, so if Fox came up, Pit could strike Fox, or Fox could kill Pit with his Blaster. This was why it was a stalemate.
I can understand that, but Pit can't use his bow as two swords in Kid Icarus so we're assuming this is Brawl Pit

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I am back.

New info on swordmanship:

The longsword was a powerful and versatile weapon, but was not considered the only weapon needed for learning the arts of war. Johannes Lichtenauer, an influential Fechtbuch (combat manual) author, writes that young knights should learn to "wrestle well, (and) skilfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way." It is apparent that even to a master swordsman, other weapons and techniques are of great importance for battle. For close personal infantry combat, however, the longsword was prized for its versatility and killing capability.

In other words, it makes sense that Roy could use more than swords.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I am back.

New info on swordmanship:

The longsword was a powerful and versatile weapon, but was not considered the only weapon needed for learning the arts of war. Johannes Lichtenauer, an influential Fechtbuch (combat manual) author, writes that young knights should learn to "wrestle well, (and) skilfully wield spear, sword, and dagger in a manly way." It is apparent that even to a master swordsman, other weapons and techniques are of great importance for battle. For close personal infantry combat, however, the longsword was prized for its versatility and killing capability.

In other words, it makes sense that Roy could use more than swords.
but does he have them? nope, and carrying more heavy weapons as such will just hinder him

Crystanium

Smash Hero
wait, what?

I can understand that, but Pit can't use his bow as two swords in Kid Icarus so we're assuming this is Brawl Pit
I'll avoid this one. It would be wrong of me to switch Pit around whenever it benefited him. This would make me appear bias, and I would have to the concede that Fox would have won, thus making the match between Pit and Roy irrelevant. I'll sit this one out. :ohwell:

payasofobia

Smash Champion
but does he have them? nope, and carrying more heavy weapons as such will just hinder him
Not really. An extra knife and a lance is not going to hinder him that much. Both are pretty light actually. And the fire emblem characters can carry multiple weapons.

Anyway.....

KNIFE FIGHT:

http://www.hockscqc.com/knife/index.htm Warning, violent images.

Knives are far from being weak tools, and will severely injure the victim if they strike a hit. The wounds look like sword wounds actually.

There is also the fact that expert knife users will not use their knives to parry with you or play fencing. They will go directly to your throat and use their arms to disarm you and put you in a dead position.

There is still the self admitted weakness of knives being easily taken from one's hand and the serious lack of range that requires qucik and brutal attacks in order for the assault to be succesful. Also, if your assault fails, you are at nose range and will get killed.

Anyway, expert knife users are very dangerous and easily get around their weaknesses.......but is Pit and expert knife user? Does he have the same skill as Snake who is trully a CQC and knife fight expert?

Looking by his Brawl moveset.....I bet he thinks a knife is a sword.

If he was a knife expert his moveset would look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxQycoUEas

And considering the above post, Roy is possibly able to do this.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Knives are far from being weak tools, and will severely injure the victim if they strike a hit. The wounds look like sword wounds actually.

There is also the fact that expert knife users will not use their knives to parry with you or play fencing. They will go directly to your throat and use their arms to disarm you and put you in a dead position.
ROFL and tocador says pits small swords r useless

There is still the self admitted weakness of knives being easily taken from one's hand and the serious lack of range that requires qucik and brutal attacks in order for the assault to be succesful. Also, if your assault fails, you are at nose range and will get killed.
tru fax, pit however has two (not quite knives) which can be used for attack, and defense, I don't think Roy could knock a sword out of pits hands

Anyway, expert knife users are very dangerous and easily get around their weaknesses.......but is Pit and expert knife user? Does he have the same skill as Snake who is trully a CQC and knife fight expert?
pit relies on quick slashes and stabs

Looking by his Brawl moveset.....I bet he thinks a knife is a sword.

If he was a knife expert his moveset would look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmxQycoUEas
hyaa! awesome vid.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I actually think that one knife is more useful than two.

Free hand to defend against Roy's weapons after all.

That is, if Pit is an expert. Which it's unlikely if we are using the first Kid Icarus's Pit.

The second Kid Icarus's Pit is another story though. By then he is Palutena's personal guardian and general of Skyworld's forces.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I actually think that one knife is more useful than two.

Free hand to defend against Roy's weapons after all.

That is, if Pit is an expert. Which it's unlikely if we are using the first Kid Icarus's Pit.
Kid Icarus' Pit didn't have swords so were going for Brawl Pit (?)
JOE never specified but since he made the battle a sword fight, I'm guessing Brawl Pit

hyayayayaya!

EDIT: wouldn't brawl pit just be a cleaned up version KI2's pit?

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Kid Icarus' Pit didn't have swords so were going for Brawl Pit (?)
JOE never specified but since he made the battle a sword fight, I'm guessing Brawl Pit

hyayayayaya!

EDIT: wouldn't brawl pit just be a cleaned up version KI2's pit?

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/pit.html

It says he is the captain of Palutena's army in the final smash section, so that is most likely the case.

tocador

Smash Lord
Unclesam im not saying small swords are useless.

But imagine a fight between a guy with 2 knifes(pits case, as his "swords" are not that big) versus a guy with a broadsword.

The broadsword FARLY outclasses th knifes in range, meaning the sword always have they "turn" on the battle. He decides when he will play defensive or ofensive, as having more range and almost the same speed you can control the flow of the battle.

Pit's swords arent useless, FAR from that, but they are in reality too small. You can sure stab someone with them, and they sure are fast, but the fact that you need to enter the other fighter reach to try to attack, whereas he can harras you withought you being able to touch him gives you soem disadvantage.

And if pit is able to be a "captain of palutenas army" with 17'ish years old, and hes not a prodigy boy, it sure is possible for roy to be a expert swordsman, as the only thing you need is training. So, thier position, or age, it jsut dosent matter. Will jsut assume they are 1337 swordmans

Edit: Pit dosent have more options, his only real option is using the dual sword, and this is what the whole fight is about. The shield/bow/single sword are either useless in this fight or banned(bow), so he really dont have more options.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Unclesam im not saying small swords are useless.
was kiddin sheesh

Pit's swords arent useless, FAR from that, but they are in reality too small. You can sure stab someone with them, and they sure are fast, but the fact that you need to enter the other fighter reach to try to attack, whereas he can harras you withought you being able to touch him gives you soem disadvantage.
not exactly. I'll be getting to that soon, keep reading

Edit: Pit dosent have more options, his only real option is using the dual sword, and this is what the whole fight is about. The shield/bow/single sword are either useless in this fight or banned(bow), so he really dont have more options.
lol no, by options I mean, when he does an action he can still do another one, while roy can only do one thing at a time, this puts Roy at a disadvantage... >_< you don't see it yet? I thought so

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Using two knives is not going to do Pit any good. One knife and his hands are all he needs.

But then again, so does Roy. Longswords can be used with one hand if necesary, but still, it won't be as fast and precise as a knife.

And Tocador, Roy does not have a broadsword, he has a longsword. Pit could probably stop it with the palm of his hands. Sure, he would get injured, but the payoff is great.

And there is also the fact that if they are fighting in a forest or in a castle, the sword will be hindered because of a lack of space.

tocador

Smash Lord
I understood, but you know, games r srs bzines, so i acted like that XP!!!!

But why does it matter if you have more options then your opponent, when he only needs one shot to kill you. And when he hits you, you have no range to do the same to him :O?

@paya: No it isnt, loosing a hand makes you really debilated, and if you miss the next hit, or roy manages to dodge/hold with his other hand/hit armor, he will still be in the superior position.

And i can almost guarantee you a sword wont just "be there", it will cut through his hand, just like butter.

Edit: Why like, im never on the same "discussion team" of unclesam/paya =/. Its always like me and adumb vs you 2, and sometimes MRG/Dryn and other folks :D.

O and joe usually just hangs out here.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I understood, but you know, games r srs bzines, so i acted like that XP!!!!

But why does it matter if you have more options then your opponent, when he only needs one shot to kill you. And when he hits you, you have no range to do the same to him :O?
it's like pirate vs. ninja
pirate thinks "all I have to do is hit him"
ninja thinks "hmm I could kill him this way, or that way, ugh which one is more amusing?"

ya I kno it's a crappy comparison but you get my point

EDIT: @tocador, people are trained to catch swords in there hands, this is no different

payasofobia

Smash Champion
@paya: No it isnt, loosing a hand makes you really debilated, and if you miss the next hit, or roy manages to dodge/hold with his other hand/hit armor, he will still be in the superior position.

And i can almost guarantee you a sword wont just "be there", it will cut through his hand, just like butter.
Long swords are only for cutting through flesh, not through bones.

Bones are very hard and would require the blow from a battle-axe to actually cut through them.

And ET, both are shown to be able to shut down each other's options.

tocador

Smash Lord
it's like pirate vs. ninja
pirate thinks "all I have to do is hit him"
ninja thinks "hmm I could kill him this way, or that way, ugh which one is more amusing?"

ya I kno it's a crappy comparison but you get my point

EDIT: @tocador, people are trained to catch swords in there hands, this is no different
But they use hand protections.

And they are ninjas.

So no, just no.

And a good sword, can just cut through your hand like a knife can cut the breakfast butter you use.

UncleSam

Smash Master
But they use hand protections.

And they are ninjas.

So no, just no.
I said it was a crappy comparison, you people ignore words

And a good sword, can just cut through your hand like a knife can cut the breakfast butter you use.

she just caught a friggin katana in her hands, you can be trained to catch a blade with minimal injuries
EDIT: video for more proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcm-9Jvn46c

tocador

Smash Lord
Mythbusters got like THE NINJA MAN, to their studio, and even with his abnormal reflexes, and being like the best ninja out there, he wasnt able to stop the sword like that.

The way he does that tho, is with his palm using a certain protection. And he can only stop stabs comming from high. A frontal stab cant be stopped at all.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
I said it was a crappy comparison, you people ignore words

she just caught a friggin katana in her hands, you can be trained to catch a blade with minimal injuries
EDIT: video for more proof http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qcm-9Jvn46c

She looks like a pirate....And she skillfully handled a Japanese sword. Japanese sword as in used by ninjas.

Pirates>ninjas gg

UncleSam

Smash Master
She looks like a pirate....And she skillfully handled a Japanese sword. Japanese sword as in used by ninjas.

Pirates>ninjas gg
women can't be pirates, bad luck on the ship
GG
and samurai's use katana's, ninjas hardly use blades
plus did you see the video? more than pirates can do it pssh

Mythbusters got like THE NINJA MAN, to their studio, and even with his abnormal reflexes, and being like the best ninja out there, he wasnt able to stop the sword like that.
lies, he wasn't. I saw the episode

The way he does that tho, is with his palm using a certain protection. And he can only stop stabs comming from high. A frontal stab cant be stopped at all.
no protection involved, only his bare hands
and Pit is nimble enough to avoid a stab, and counter-attack

Top Bottom