• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

UncleSam

Smash Master

No u

Nico Robin
Female pirate.
Your logiks are flawed sawn.
female archeologist. read One piece, I did, great manga.

Anyway, back to the MU.
What's Pit gonna do concerning an angled slash?
well, hmm pit can move his arms, so obviously he can block it.
Plus a backhand slash from Roy isn't a good idea as it takes longer to setup, and Pit can still block it and react accordingly.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord

Plus a backhand slash from Roy isn't a good idea as it takes longer to setup, and Pit can still block it and react accordingly.
She joined the Strawhats a LONG time ago.

Well, hell, he can BLOCK IT. But, he can't really PUNISH it.

tocador

Smash Lord

You are biased unclesam.

You said in a previous post that "Pit can just dodge anything roy throws at him and react acordinly" When really, it isnt that simple. Because you really have less then a second to react and punish that move.

Roy has the range advantage, meaning he will be the one to decide when to attack. If he misses his first stab, the only way pit can react is approaching and going for a stab. But there is a problem.

When you attempt to stab someone and you miss, you dont just leave your sword there, you push it back almost instantly, and in the way back you can hit anyone approaching you, or just defend against the attack.

Roy has superior range compared to Pit, meaning pit cant punish roy for missing a stab, because he first needs to get close upon roy, and by that time, roy will allready be able to react.

For visual effect, look for fencing fights, and see if it takes times for someone with a long sword to recover from a missed stab.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Yes, but he is not going to recover if Pit takes his sword, throws it away from Roy and puts his knife on Roy's throat.

UncleSam

Smash Master
You are biased unclesam.

You said in a previous post that "Pit can just dodge anything roy throws at him and react acordinly" When really, it isnt that simple. Because you really have less then a second to react and punish that move.
or course it isn't that simple, but it's not like Roy is any better, Pit can protect himself at all angles

Roy has the range advantage, meaning he will be the one to decide when attack. If he misses his first stab, the only way pit can react is approaching and going for a stab. But there is a problem.

When you attempt to stab someone and you miss, you dont just leave your sword there, you push it back almost intantly, and in the way back you can hit anyone approaching you, or just defend against the attack.
Roy isn't getting anywhere in this, and if Roy pulls back Pit still has a chance, and if Roy blocks Pits strike, pit can hit Roy with his shield, it goes back and forth, back and forth.

Roy has superior range compared to Pit, meaning pit cant punish roy for missing a stab, because he first needs to get close upon roy, and by that time, roy will allready be able to react.

For visual effect, look for fencing fights, and see if it takes times for someone with a long sword to recover.
for visual effect look for one guy with a sword fight somebody with a sword and shield. Also remember Pit's swords aren't much shorter only 1/3 shorter. Also, if Pit is using the dual-edged sword means bigger hilt to extend his range by a tiny bit.
as for the biased thing, look at the quote in my sig.
also it may just end up as, neither can punish eachother because one has a superior defense while the other stays just out of range.

tocador

Smash Lord
Yes, but he is not going to recover if Pit takes his sword, throws it away from Roy and puts his knife on Roy's throat.
You dont understand, a sword will cut through your hand, with protection or not.(Unless the protection is made of steel/iron).

The so called "protection" IS LEATHER, and even if you can "take a hit" with it, it will cut through leather, and then through your hand, and you wont be able to use your hand then.

Besides, catching swords is only known by few, and years of training is needed. Unless in his games pit used that "protection" to steal other swords, he will have NO training at all, and will prove that theat "protection" is to hold the shield(hence thats why it is in his left hand, the one that holds the shield).

tocador

Smash Lord

or course it isn't that simple, but it's not like Roy is any better, Pit can protect himself at all angles

Roy isn't getting anywhere in this, and if Roy pulls back Pit still has a chance, and if Roy blocks Pits strike, pit can hit Roy with his shield, it goes back and forth, back and forth.

for visual effect look for one guy with a sword fight somebody with a sword and shield. Also remember Pit's swords aren't much shorter only 1/3 shorter. Also, if Pit is using the dual-edged sword means bigger hilt to extend his range by a tiny bit.
as for the biased thing, look at the quote in my sig.
also it may just end up as, neither can punish eachother because one has a superior defense while the other stays just out of range.

If pit is using his shield, he wont be able to use the dual sword.

If pit is using his shield, he probalbly wont be able to even WALK, as his shield is HIS SIZE, as we allready stabilished that.

Pit cant use his shield, it's just not made for melee combat, as it is huge and prolly heavy.

Pit do not have superior defense. No armor(except a helmet), and 2 shorter swords than his attacker that has MORE armor shouldnt be considered as "pit has superior defense".

Edit: Sorry for the double post, dont report me :(

UncleSam

Smash Master
If pit is using his shield, he wont be able to use the dual sword.
playbarlw the dual-sword can be held in one hand

If pit is using his shield, he probalbly wont be able to even WALK, as his shield is HIS SIZE, as we allready stabilished that.

Pit cant use his shield, it's just not made for melee combat, as it is huge and prolly heavy.
you weren't here for that part of the discussion, the shield isn't AS BIG as pit is it only looks like it because pit crouches down and hides his head behind the shield,
you can push people/weapons back with a shield

Pit do not have superior defense. No armor(except a helmet), and 2 shorter swords than his attacker that has MORE armor shouldnt be considered as "pit has superior defense".
shield and dual sword vs. sword and chestplate

payasofobia

Smash Champion
You dont understand, a sword will cut through your hand, with protection or not.(Unless the protection is made of steel/iron).

The so called "protection" IS LEATHER, and even if you can "take a hit" with it, it will cut through leather, and then through your hand, and you wont be able to use your hand then.

Besides, catching swords is only known by few, and years of training is needed. Unless in his games pit used that "protection" to steal other swords, he will have NO training at all, and will prove that theat "protection" is to hold the shield(hence thats why it is in his left hand, the one that holds the shield).
The blow must be extremely strong to cut through bone. Roy is not known for his strenght in his games.

And Pit is the captain of Skyworld's army and singlehandheldly defeated the underworld's armies two times. He must be quite skilled. And nothing is stopping Pit from dropping his shield.

tocador

Smash Lord

playbarlw the dual-sword can be held in one hand

you weren't here for that part of the discussion, the shield isn't AS BIG as pit is it only looks like it because pit crouches down and hides his head behind the shield,
you can push people/weapons back with a shield

shield and dual sword vs. sword and chestplate
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

How can you wear a shield(one hand) and a TWO HANDED SWORD(2 hands) at the same time?

And the shield is impratical, mainly because it is heavy as hell, and it is THE SIZE OF YOUR BODY =/.

No, the shield used in pit vs Fox, acording to dryn, was the size of pits body, and we really cant change the versions of the pit you use from one battle to another, meaning that the shield IS the size of his body.

Edit: I want to make a challenge to you both. Try handling a shield the size of your body, while fighting with a sword that you can only hold the middle(both ends are razors), and versus a skilled swordsman.

And remember you have no armor(except helmet), whereas you oponnent has tons of it.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Idk, Sam.

Even though the shield isn't as big as Pit, it's still pretty **** big. If pit were standing, it would probably get up to about 2/3 of his body. Let's not forget the fact that the shield is made out of some heavy material.

And I say this once more:How is Pit able to punish Roy?

EDIT: Roy led the nearly destroyed Lycian league against the greatest military nation in Elbie. At the end of his journey his swordsmanship is peerless and he has great strength. Let's not forget to mention that Roy steps in on his slashes; putting a lot of weight and power into it.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
But he did it with the help of his friends and soldiers.

And Tocador, we are discarding the shield because a knife and your hands are better protection.

tocador

Smash Lord
But he did it with the help of his friends and soldiers.

And Tocador, we are discarding the shield because a knife and your hands are better protection.
So top using the shield as a argument then.

Plus, pit cant protect himself with bare hands.

Leather isnt enough by itself to handle a sword.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Ok....so you're saying Pit scrapped a blade and his shield

So now we have:

Pit:
Knife
No armor

Roy:
Longsword
Breastplate

Gg. I don't see how this will work at all. Roy's already got Pit's blood on his blade before Pit can land a blow.

And if Roy attacks 1st, Pit can't protect himself.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I did not use the shield as an argument....only last night when I did not know about the offensive and defensive potential of knife fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnumFHrmOSA

And unless Roy puts a lot of streght on his blows, the bone itself will offer enough protection. And if he puts his weight in his sword then his blows will be more predictable.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Ok, what about disarmament?

A shot or two to Pit could possibly stun him long enough for Roy to get rid of it's weapon. At that point, it's not so much a mad scramble to get the knife as it is Pit getting his weapon back before he's killed.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Ok, what about disarmament?

A shot or two to Pit could possibly stun him long enough for Roy to get rid of it's weapon. At that point, it's not so much a mad scramble to get the knife as it is Pit getting his weapon back before he's killed.
and vise versa

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Not exactly the method I see Roy using, but ok. I thought he ditched the other one @_@

@Sam:Those are combat BASICS. Roy, and pretty much every warrior knows to watch out for that nonsense. Moreover, it's easier said than done considering the disadvantageous position Pit is in.

I also want to note that Roy has experience versus Knife users.

See: FE Thieves.

He knows what he's doing.

tocador

Smash Lord
You are using pit's bone as a shield?

Arguably he cant, its really hard to handle the pain of your bone being teared appart and counterattack precisely. And like i said before, roy can tecnicaly use his own hand to hold pits attack.

But, roy has a glove with a clothing and a leather protection, so he can handle it better. And a knife, is sure to cut less than a sword, meaning it might not even cut throught all his clothing.

After defending Roy can counter attack for the kill, as pit wont have "another" defense.

@paya: Whats he point of having two knifes and only one hand?

UncleSam

Smash Master
Not exactly the method I see Roy using, but ok. I thought he ditched the other one @_@

@Sam:Those are combat BASICS. Roy, and pretty much every warrior knows to watch out for that nonsense. Moreover, it's easier said than done considering the disadvantageous position Pit is in.
Rofl than why do people still fall for it... Pit can use his swords/shield to divert Roy's blows Pit knows what he's doing as well don't forget, he's fought Demons and Gods

I also want to note that Roy has experience versus Knife users.

See: FE Thieves.

He knows what he's doing.
has Roy ever disarmed them? I haven't played the FE game where Roy is in

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Actually, in the heat of the fight the body activates hromones that makes you feel little to no pain.

And Sam, using the shield would be stupid considering his knifes do not have the range to counterattack properly and form an effective defense.

And two knives makes his defense drop to nothing.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Actually, in the heat of the fight the body activates hromones that makes you feel little to no pain.

And Sam, using the shield would be stupid considering his knifes do not have the range to counterattack properly and form an effective defense.

And two knives makes his defense drop to nothing.
when did they become knives they are short swords

tocador

Smash Lord
I actually know this pretty well as i practice some martial arts(karate/jyu jitsu), and fight MMA(mixed martial arts), and i can confirm that at the heat of the battle you feel less to none pain....

depending on the injury.

A kick on your nuts will hurt like hell EVEN if in the middle of a fight, a broken nose will hurt alot even in the midle of a fight and losing a hand will hurt like hell even in the midle of a fight. Sometimes the pain is just THAT much and you get knocked down, hell i've seen people knocked down with nut-kicks, so yeah, losing a hand is a BIG deal.

@Sam: The "short swords" are the size of knifes, so no big deal. If you want a measurement, take pits swords(1/3 smaller then roys), then divide it by 2(2/6 smaller then roy). If you cant call that a knife, i really dont know what one is.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Rofl than why do people still fall for it... Pit can use his swords/shield to divert Roy's blows Pit knows what he's doing as well don't forget, he's fought Demons and Gods

has Roy ever disarmed them? I haven't played the FE game where Roy is in
Roy has fought knights, brigands, paladins, sorcerers, dragons, and every other kind of cutthroat or dangerous thing out there.

It's not so much about disarmament as it isknowing how to proceed in the fight.

But, Roy, as a noble of the house of Pherae, has been trained in wrestling, flecthing, archery, swordsmanship, etc. He has a myriad of skills and the war on Bern only strengthened that.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I actually know this pretty well as i practice some martial arts(karate/jyu jitsu), and fight MMA(mixed martial arts), and i can confirm that at the heat of the battle you feel less to none pain....
MMA is awesome :)

depending on the injury.

A kick on your nuts will hurt like hell EVEN if in the middle of a fight, a broken nose will hurt alot even in the midle of a fight and losing a hand will hurt like hell even in the midle of a fight. Sometimes the pain is just THAT much and you get knocked down, hell i've seen people knocked down with nut-kicks, so yeah, losing a hand is a BIG deal.
too much info right thar. it hurts to think about being kicked in the nuts

payasofobia

Smash Champion
dude they have been short swords this entire time
where have you been?
If that is the case then Knife tactics won't work and Roy wins.

And Tocador, and injury to the palm of the hand is not amongst the most painful experiences you can have.

JOE!

Smash Hero

Pokemon
|
Super Smashes
|
Interactions
|
Strategy
|
  • Rock Smash
  • Strength
  • Hone Claws
|
  • With Metal Burst active, Bisharp can destroy Armantle's Rock creations to create explosions like Charizard's Brawl Side B with every hit for massive damage potential.
  • When Feraligatr's Water hits Armantle's Lava, it cools into brand new, solid stage. Cooled lava is pass-through if extended to the air, just like platforms, but can be extended off edges and still be solid if done from a floor.
  • When Bisharp commands Feraligatr to use a smash attack, Gatr's smashes are performed 25% faster than normal. When Bisharp and Feraligatr are the only Pokemon remaining, Feraligatr can also command Bisharp with his Smashes due to experience.
|Team heavy, the three bulkiest Pokemon play their best when they combine their efforts towards bullying the opposition to oblivion. Armantle and Bisharp love having Gatr on the team, as Bisharp now has command over Armantle's boosted Smash Attacks, with super-armor! Or, Gatr's quicker smashes atop Armantle's traps. Combine that with natural staying power and great damage output with Bleed and Lava damage, and you got yourself one mean team.

UncleSam

Smash Master

And Tocador, and injury to the palm of the hand is not amongst the most painful experiences you can have.
actually Pit can still stab aggro, just with more range.
I'm not caring right now, the TL boards are alive apparently
most likely a tie

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Not counting Roy's recovery time+the fact that he can't be set off balance that easily.

I can picture it in my head, but it's just not a plausible idea when you look at Roy's swordsmanship. The spacin' is too gewd.

tocador

Smash Lord
what the hell math is that?

it would be:

roy / 1.33 = pit

then he has another, OF THAT SIZE

why would they be divided again?

also, shield gets hit-> push sword away and stab
Pits "combined" sword is 2/3 the size of roys sword.

But when pit split his sword on 2(therefore using the dual sword), he gets 2 swords, each one measuring 2/6 the size of roys sword.

Cutting your hand is one thing, getting a cut that cuts deep into your bone is another thing.

actually Pit can still stab aggro, just with more range.
I'm not caring right now, the TL boards are alive apparently
most likely a tie
MMA is really awsome xP! Do you see ufc?

ontopic: Even with the single sword pit has less range then roy, so no aggro for him =/. Unless he wants to risck *dodgin* it, but roy is likely to not miss =D.

Top Bottom