• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
O__________O

Posts or it didn't happen you sununuva *****!

I thought I had provided a means way back when!!...

Oh right, that was flawed cause Charizard originally didn't have the biological equipment necessary for it.

WHERE DID I GO WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG~?!

It's kinda funny that fire was given back with almost no one caring

I don't even remember a post by JOE saying, "fire is legit"
People just started saying it was :p

@MU

I'd say Grey Fox unless Sephiroth has more than just a sword to offer here

He's undergone field combat since he was a kid
Grey's suit only really improves his physical performance and reaction, aside from "stealth camo"

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Fox

His suit also apparently carries an arm cannon of sorts (under Weaponry)

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Cyborg_Ninja

it was originally assumed, then around round 3 there was a big debacle over it...then it came back in round 5 >.>

as for the ranges, i am assuming about 10-20ft for Spyro and Zard, with zard being the latter...

as for the big'n, his fire breath may well be in the 30+range from size alone.

That's a lot of range for all three

Overestimated, if you ask me

Also, the sword-throwing is just silly
lolwut

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
it was originally assumed, then around round 3 there was a big debacle over it...then it came back in round 5 >.>

as for the ranges, i am assuming about 10-20ft for Spyro and Zard, with zard being the latter...

as for the big'n, his fire breath may well be in the 30+range from size alone.

Also, the sword-throwing is just silly
I believe I said posts, JOE C. Falcon. NOT explanations. Meaning post links to the post bu UncleSam.

JOE!

Smash Hero
that will require sooo much backtracking through countless pages and posts....

but anywho the only real thing dismissing them having firebreath was a means of preventing backdraft, which would mean theyd have a pience of skin in the "fire tube" that we most likley would never see in any media for the characters....so yeah

@rel: A sword is designed to be swung, not thrown. 95% of the time that'd result in him just making an *** of himself as he forfeits his weapon, 4.9% it'd hurt bowser in some form, and the remainder would actually wound or even kill....

it just doesnt work

REL38

Smash Lord
"A pen is meant to write with, not stab"
Not much of a reason given how much versatility many objects/weapons have

The Zweinhander has the shape to be thrown like a spear or javelin

You're using the general term of "sword" which I'd generally agree with one's such as katanas, but not Ganon's sword

The weapon is capable of serving as a lethal projectile; as an original design or not

But most of this was mentioned many, many times before :/

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
There is a mucus membrane within those who breathe fire which prevents the flames from burning thier insides. remind me again what's wrong with this theory.

Also, I believe Sephiroth's enhancements become equal to Cloud, since in the cloud match-up we made him as enhanced as humanly possible. This same cap would have to be placed on sephiroth.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
pffft. Iodine doesn't have jack on Salt. :088:

Plusle and Minun are on a business vacation.
Iodine prevents goiters. Salt kills people. Juss Saiyan...lol...
And is that why they couldn't be reached when I needed them?
*takes case to Adum*

From what I recall, isn't a huge deal of Ganon winning lie behind the tossing of his sword?

(has a fuzzy memory)

Besides, what exactly is the established range from Flamethrower characters?
10, 20, 30ft or what?

Not to mention intensity as all of them have red-orange flames

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire#Temperatures_of_flames_by_appearance

Judging by this thinger, I suppose, could give a somewhat accurate feel of the intensity of the flames
Lurk Moar.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8592089&postcount=10317
That was the synopsis when Ganon won.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237756&page=969
(It's mixed with old Falcon MUs, but it also encompasses about 15-20 pages)
This is where the BS began involving Bowser. He won in 4.5 because Adum, US, and myself weren't there to support him.

Ganon wins because of concussive force. His shell protects him from most outside injuries, but his organs inside are compacted. Ganon using his sword can rupture these organs and cause them to smash into each other, making him die internally. Even with fire breath, Bowser would lose still.

To put it in a metaphorical sense, think of a helmet in football. It protects you from damage outside of your skull, which is good. But concussive force from some tackles can still cause concussions right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concussion
Bowser's internal organs would suffer from these.

O__O
O__________O

Posts or it didn't happen you sununuva *****!

I thought I had provided a means way back when!!...

Oh right, that was flawed cause Charizard originally didn't have the biological equipment necessary for it.

WHERE DID I GO WROOOOOOOOOOOOOONG~?!

You had a hiatus, that's all.

Back in Rd. 4.5, I tried to save a few characters. Those being Olimar, Charizard, and Ice Climbers.
And Yoshi, but I failed in doing so.

Anyway, I did some research and figured out a way for fire breathing to work without the use of a false palette. Morton (NaCl) and WindWalker (US) said it seemed plausible, so I posted it and most of the people said it seemd ok so JOE! kept it that way. I actually just posted it again since Xia questioned whether I was intelligent enough to come up with something like that. But here's the post again...
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=9561968&postcount=16612
Tell me if its plausible to you.

that will require sooo much backtracking through countless pages and posts....

but anywho the only real thing dismissing them having firebreath was a means of preventing backdraft, which would mean theyd have a pience of skin in the "fire tube" that we most likley would never see in any media for the characters....so yeah

@rel: A sword is designed to be swung, not thrown. 95% of the time that'd result in him just making an *** of himself as he forfeits his weapon, 4.9% it'd hurt bowser in some form, and the remainder would actually wound or even kill....

it just doesnt work
He wasn't just throwing the sword. He just used the sword in the manner in which it was made, that's all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zweihänder
I'm not familar with everything about how the sword works, so I'm sure Adum can fill you in on it.

You're missing the point... giving him fire breath back as anything but a suicide weapon is stupid and reminds me why i quit this thread.
You might wanna check the link as well, even though I agree that Ganon wins this MU.

we've been through this, shields like that don't work IRL so they weren't applied.

Now I know how adum feels >.>
It's your other half....juss saiyan...

@ MU:

IDC. I'll lurk until this one is over.

JOE!

Smash Hero
The zweil is in no-way weighted t be thrown effectivley like a spear...so it's silly to try as he'd just be giving up his weapon

and adum, you threaten to quit like once every 5 days her,e yet you keep coming back :p

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I didn't say anything about throwing the sword. We all know throwing the sword is ineffective. But the sword was used specifically for armored opponents and works. Bowser's shell is his armor. Ganon has an armor piercing sword. My money is on the sword.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Plaisubility approval from me here.

Though it is mostly cause I am tired as **** and have lost my ability to hack until a new method is found.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Rel was still arguing the sword throw or something.

but something allways bugged me about the translation of the Zweil's armor-piercing prowess:

It works GREAT vs dudes in armor, but how about "monsterous" (for lack of a better term) creatures with thicker shells, skin, etc, etc, that he wouldnt have the peak swing aganst (bowser is taller, and hitting the back of the shell would prove nigh impossible, while hitting the sides would be least effective due to that bumper-like rim deflecting a good chuk of power from the swing)

Yes, it would hurt but would it really seal the deal?

UncleSam

Smash Master
From what I recall, isn't a huge deal of Ganon winning lie behind the tossing of his sword?

(has a fuzzy memory)

I think that was Ray saying that.
Anyway Seph uses a masamune which is a sword IRL
So I don't see any problems with him. IDK about Gray Fox

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Plaisubility approval from me here.

Though it is mostly cause I am tired as **** and have lost my ability to hack until a new method is found.
GHEZ! :falcon:

but something allways bugged me about the translation of the Zweil's armor-piercing prowess:

It works GREAT vs dudes in armor, but how about "monsterous" (for lack of a better term) creatures with thicker shells, skin, etc, etc, that he wouldnt have the peak swing aganst (bowser is taller, and hitting the back of the shell would prove nigh impossible, while hitting the sides would be least effective due to that bumper-like rim deflecting a good chuk of power from the swing)

The thing is, bowser's shell is still keratin, and you can piere throuh it regardless. The way the Zweil's shaped is to be able to thrust into something. So even though he can be 13 ft. tall and have a shell, he can still be penetrated, hence why bullets **** him. And remember Bowser still has nerves in his shell, so he's going to feel it as well; you can't really tank a blade in your spine. and yea that would seal the deal.

UncleSam

Smash Master

yes because of the fact that:
organic material <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< steel.
Bowsers shell is made of keratin and connected to his spine. Keratin is that stuff your fingernails are made of not:

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yes, but at the same time it's a ****-load of it woven into stupidly tough layers...he doesnt have a gint fingernail on his back

anyone else just picture that? XD

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ok...so a thick layer of fingernail/hair material is going to withstand a blade...
Nail clippers and razors say hello...
And with the strength that Ganon has, he's breaking through.
Sorry Bowser....

My post count mateches the page we're on....

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, they can also go through trees, then survive getting wrenched back out by the rhino

poachers need chainsaws in order to remove the horns from them...keratin when interwven is stupidly-strong

UncleSam

Smash Master
kay but you're exampling it in the wrong context.
A shell has layers of keratin overlapping eachother, it isn't woven which is obv. :012: stronger we all know that.
but again wrong contextual evidence.
EDIT: this thread is lagging like brawl wifi for some reason, everything else is fine,
now its about time I play some galaxy 2

JOE!

Smash Hero
my point is that you are making keratin out to be something very weak when it is stupidly strong when not in fingernail form....

UncleSam

Smash Master
my point is that you are making keratin out to be something very weak when it is stupidly strong when not in fingernail form....
I'm just saying it's made of the same material, you're assuming things.
you're also comparing a horn to a shell which are made differently.
It's like saying a chair and a table are the same thing if they're made of the same material.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
and adum, you threaten to quit like once every 5 days her,e yet you keep coming back :p
Remember when I used to participate in like every MU, pointing out a lot of stuff about tactics, armor, and weaponry?

Yeah, this is lurking and occasionally commenting, mostly when I'm brought up.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@sam:

i am just saying how tough keratin can be, and seeing how friggen big bowser is, and how strong keratin can be in a much smaller form (relative) to his shell, Im just skepticl that the Zweil would essentially be a 1HKO if he just hits it

Nova9000

Smash Lord
And Ganon has no butter knife either. Not to mention all he has to do is rupture his insides for him to die. A turtle's lungs are located in the upper part of the shell, and they're big considering the circumfrence of a turtle. So I can only magine how big Bowser's lungs are. So if Ganon rupture's Bowser's insides so that hislungs hit the sides of his shell, I don't see why this won't leave a bruise on his lungs. Or better yet, his heart, or anything that's fragile that the shell is supposed to protect on the inside.

UncleSam

Smash Master
I've also pointed out how a turtles organs are much more sensitive than a human, they're easy to crush that's why they need a shell in the first place.
and how are you skeptical that a forged weapon can pierce through organic parts?

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
yes because of the fact that:
organic material <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< steel.
Eye opener dude. Our Bones are actually stronger then steel and our fingernails even tougher. If they weren't weakened by being hollow and often full of squishy marrow we'd have a hell of a job chopping off limbs willy nilly.

But it's not a question of strength, Bowsers shell is undoubtedly stronger then steel. It's a question of surface area, swords are pointy and sharp not flat for a reason you know try cutting your fingernails with a butter knife or a spoon. It's not just Force vs Resistance, it's the concentrated force on a small area that gets ya. Ganon's a big dude he could break through Bowsers shell with a big sword. But not in a couple of swings, he'd have to beat on that guy a couple times to crack it once or twice more to make a proper break and then stab through the hole he made to finish bowser off. During which time he'd probably get killed in a variety of nasty ways.

UncleSam

Smash Master
Eye opener dude. Our Bones are actually stronger then steel and our fingernails even tougher. If they weren't weakened by being hollow and often full of squishy marrow we'd have a hell of a job chopping off limbs willy nilly.
K, so um, let me just lodge this sword into your spine, you'll be fine right? yeah, sure.

But it's not a question of strength, Bowsers shell is undoubtedly stronger then steel. It's a question of surface area, swords are pointy and sharp not flat for a reason you know try cutting your fingernails with a butter knife or a spoon. It's not just Force vs Resistance, it's the concentrated force on a small area that gets ya. Ganon's a big dude he could break through Bowsers shell with a big sword. But not in a couple of swings, he'd have to beat on that guy a couple times to crack it once or twice more to make a proper break and then stab through the hole he made to finish bowser off. During which time he'd probably get killed in a variety of nasty ways.
Discuss this with Adum he pointed something similar out a long time ago.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
K, so um, let me just lodge this sword into your spine, you'll be fine right? yeah, sure.
No, because the spine has a very fragile nervous system inside it and each bone is balanced carefully on discs that when disrupted can cause extreme damage.

But bone itself is very resilient, solid bone > solid steel. Just very few things are Solid Bone.

Discuss this with Adum he pointed something similar out a long time ago.
Lol, I talked with adum about swords in the Roy vs DK fight. I'm not going through that again. That kid is a MORON.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Really Sam, compare how big the Zweil would be to bowser's shell

it's like trying to break a car door with an aluminum drumstick

payasofobia

Smash Champion
What the **** is this ****?

Sephiman? Gray Fox?

When did this happen? Why? What happened to Ike? What happened to the Massive Ogre Balls of Steel Bowser had? How can Sephiman fly with just one wing? Why is Gray Fox neither gray nor foxy?

What the **** is going on?

Anyway, my 2 cents now: where exactly are they fighting? That's all there is to know if we want to know who wins as long as they fight with katanas only.

Edit 2: Bowser vs Ganon? Again?

JOE!

Smash Hero
welcome back, and to season 2 Paya!

we've got some non-brawl/nintendo dudes this time...and no Sephiroth cannot fly

as always, the terrain is assumed to be as neutral as possible as to not become a stupidly-big factor as to why one side would win...when you could just counter that with the setting where the other would pwn

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Sorry. had to do it.

****ty quality because I did it in 2 minutes.

Anyway, a neutral stage as in it has advantages for both combatants? As in there are both types of terrain they can exploit to their advantages?

Or neutral as in Final Destination neutral?

Your response could mean the difference between Sephy getting ***** or having a fair chance.

REL38

Smash Lord
Sorry. had to do it.

****ty quality because I did it in 2 minutes.

Anyway, a neutral stage as in it has advantages for both combatants? As in there are both types of terrain they can exploit to their advantages?

Or neutral as in Final Destination neutral?

Your response could mean the difference between Sephy getting ***** or having a fair chance.
Quoted for justice

The battlefield should contain various types of terrain

People who think FD-like stages are the epitome of nuetrality are being silly

UncleSam

Smash Master
No, because the spine has a very fragile nervous system inside it and each bone is balanced carefully on discs that when disrupted can cause extreme damage.
Kay so like, if you were actually here when we first discussed this MU you'd understand that we went over this. A turtles Spine is directly connected to its shell, making the spine a maaaaaaaaaad easy target.

JOE!

Smash Hero
then we argued: how do we know BOWSER'S shell is directly connected, like a turtles? Afterall, koopa shells are not...and he's the king koopa

@Paya:

lol at pic....and neutral as in the terrain offers advantageous...and disadvantageous areas for both combatants as to keep it from deciding the fights, as it is warrior vs warrior, not evironment vs warrior

UncleSam

Smash Master
then if he takes it off which wouldn't be possible in real life then he isn't protected now.
all that pretty shell you were saying was so strong goes to waste.
remember movement? he can't strafe or rotate very fast. His hip structure doesn't agree with him like that.

Top Bottom