• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TDB: SEASON 2! LEON (RE4) vs LARA CROFT

REL38

Smash Lord
Pikmin: If compared to any animal on Earth, they'd be like ants. Strength in numbers. They can lift heavy things. They're EXTREMLY loyal. You pull em' out and they'll do whatever you tell them to.

White Pikmin: The fastest of them all. Smaller and a tad bit weaker than the rest. They can inhale deadly toxins with ease. They have the ability to sense hidden objects under the ground. If an enemy eats them, they release a poison that damages the enemy.

Purple Pikmin: the strongest of them all. They're heavier and slower than the rest. They can lift 10 times the amount of normal Pikmin. Throwing them results in a giant thud capable of damaging enemies and sometimes paralyzing them for a few moments. One thrown purple can OHKO minor enemies. A barrage of purples thrown at larger enemies and even some bosses is enough to kill.

Yellow Pikmin: Standard Pikmin. Immune to electricity and can throw bomb rocks when supplied. When thrown, they go higher than the rest.

Blue Pikmin: Standard Pikmin. The most durable of them all. Can breathe under water.

Red Pikmin: Standard Pikmin. 2nd strongest behind the Purples. Can survive flames.

Bulbmin: A special type of Pikmin. They're Bulborbs that have Pikmin parasites in them. Immune to fire, water, electricity and poison. Only found underground.

Spicy Spray: A spray made from an exotic pink berry. It's basically steroids. Up's Pikmin's speed and attack power.

Bitter Spray: A spray made from an exotic purple berry. It's capable of forming a rocky mold covering the opponent, hindering movement.

Pikmin can be thrown or swarm the opponent.

Pikmin feats: Tear down stone walls. Transport giant bug carcasses. Build bridges. Survive poison, fire or water (if not immune) for a few moments before dying. Transport heavy, spaceship parts. Teamwork.

JOE!

Smash Hero
averaging his appearances he is about 10ft and id guess 4000lbs or more.

Olimar (seeing as it would be gay to keep him the size of a quarter) is his brawl size, being about 3'6", with the pikmin being about 2/3 that

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
...I see this coming out to be a 750/250 match-up. I'll give my reasons tomorrow after school.

But it does have to do with with Bowser's shell and his weight and size. Size actually DOES matter this time around. Its Bowser versus Charizard all over again, except his opponent is smaller and a little more nimble.

REL38

Smash Lord
Yes, they stun and it's actually realistic. Throwing a pikmin directly on top of a little Bulborb breaks it's spine or exoskeleton. Throwing a purple on a Wallywog (frog enemy) doesn't OHKO, but paralyzes it. Better example; a mini-boss, the Snarget (a snake with a bird's head) is also paralyzed if Purples are thrown to the head. The impact of the Purples weight is brand enough to damage the skull. This makes the Snarget dazed from the blow making it immobile for a few moments. Same deal with every larger enemy. The impact of the Purple Pikmin's weight is enough to damage the skull/ spine of the majority of enemies.

The only enemy this doesn't work on are the Beady Long Legs (4 legged spider), Beady Long Legs: bigger verion, and the Titan Dwevill (only until the armor/weapons are removed).

They even do significant damage to the Man at Legs; a Dwevill covered with metallic armor with Bullets w/laser pointer.

Not all of the enemies in Pikmin have been bugs. There have been Bloysters (slugs), Pilatted Snargets (bird/snake with a talon used to hop), the Wraith (a weird, trans-dimentional figure with rolling stones for mobility) and the Titan Dwevill (a giant spider outfitted with armored, mechanical weapons made for overkill).

@JOE
isn't 4000lbs. A bit much?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Bowser. His fire breath can kill any and all pikmin other than reds, and it will. Purples will take the longest to die from it, but whites (the most useful) will die the easiest. Bowser can crush the reds then, and then crush Olimar. Game over.

REL38

Smash Lord
Throw Purples on Bowser's head. They'd do concussive damage to his skull. The Purples were able to damage a machine (Man at Legs) armor. It only takes 20 to kill it they're all thrown continuously. 10 if you call them back for another wave.

Imagine the damage they'd have when they're 1 ft. In height. Bowser's skull would be as hard as a dino's, at best. If Purples were able to damage an enemy covered in STEEL at the size of a dime, then they'd be able to wreak Bowser.

Uffe

Smash Hero
If Bowser is 10 ft and Olimar is only 3 ft, it's going to be very hard for him to throw a Pikmin at Bowser's head, let alone his legs. :/

REL38

Smash Lord
Olimar is about 1/2 inches in height.
Olimar throws his Pikmin to reach the peak height of about 6-7 inches (excluding Yellow).
The Man at Legs is about 6 inches in height.

He aims at the mid-section, not legs.

By going souly on
1)Olimar's height
2) peak height of thrown Pikmin

Then if Olimar were 3'6", he would be able to throw his Pikmin 42ft. in the air.

That's going only by numbers. Now then, they might not go to that height, but It'd be alot higher than 10ft.

He's the size of a child, but he's a full grown Hocotate man (planet he's from) with the strenght of a full grown man. He's gonna be strong, not military strong, but average Hocotate strong.

The math equation I used is where you have a little triangle and you're trying to find the height of the vertical side of the same triangle, but only bigger. I'm not great at math so I don't know the technical term.

Edit: the best comparison I can make is to that of scale models. They shrink the actual size of a building to show how big it is when it's made. Only backwards, I guess.

bobson

Smash Lord
Just because they were able to damage a steel-plated enemy in the games doesn't necessarily mean that this is possible in a realistic setting. Realistically, they'd do about as much damage as a bowling ball, and it's unlikely that they'd be able to reach Bowser's head when being thrown by a 3-foot man with stubby arms. Meanwhile, Bowser is roasting the rest of his Pikmin (sans reds) with fire breath, and Olimar himself will be down after one hit to his helmet as oxygen is poisonous to him.

Olimar might be able to do something fancy with the whites' poison, though.

daicestar

Smash Cadet
You can find me always on the Star Fox Battle Ship
Just because they were able to damage a steel-plated enemy in the games doesn't necessarily mean that this is possible in a realistic setting. Realistically, they'd do about as much damage as a bowling ball, and it's unlikely that they'd be able to reach Bowser's head when being thrown by a 3-foot man with stubby arms. Meanwhile, Bowser is roasting the rest of his Pikmin (sans reds) with fire breath, and Olimar himself will be down after one hit to his helmet as oxygen is poisonous to him.

Olimar might be able to do something fancy with the whites' poison, though.

ok if realistic right then when the fight begins with them Olimar would throw all of pikim over to bowser and Olimar would pick more and more throw it over to boswer then bowser has no way to counter if hes trapped with pikim all over him

Adler

Smash Apprentice
Bowser will sit on them. I am actually stuck in Pikmin 2 at this one boss. It's very big and sits on the Pikmin (taking them all out at once) it's actually about the same size as a (to scale) Bowser.

Rant: HOW ARE YOU SUPPOST TO FIGHT SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

Rant over, back to topic.

Booser is super strong and has a very powerful ranged attack, which can take out 40 of the 50 Pikmin.

The remaining 10 are the red Pikmin, which can be sat on.

Purple Pikmin might be a bit of a problem. They are also super strong (the 10 Olimar has have the strength of 100) and are also super heavy (also the weight of 100).
Unfortunately they can't be thrown as far and olimar would need to get in range of Bowser's fire to get them actually into combat.

Bowser's shell could take care of any attempt of the Pikmin to hit him, and as long as he doesn't accidentally eat a White pikmin he's safe.

Olimar's fighting at a huge disadvantage against Bowser.

daicestar

Smash Cadet
You can find me always on the Star Fox Battle Ship
I don't think he is allowed more than his 50.
Yeah thats my point and the pikim is powerful it dont matter if he throws it on his legs arms or face they is still going to do alot of damged so the way it go's is bowser is strong powerful and tough but Olimar has the speed,The powerful pikim which he can pull out 50,and each pikim is powerful as the next one,fire,dark matter (power),electricity,etc and thats why I have to give it to Olimar.:olimar:

Nova9000

Smash Lord
It doesnt really matter how strong the pikmin are if they are burned, except the red ones. Pikmin are still half plant, and plants burn. Bowser has fire breath. That's pikmin genocide. As far as the reds, boswer could probably ignore them/sit on them. Then, he goes and rips oli into two; due to the physique of oli, he's not outrunning koopa. And as far as the purple pikmin, noswer has a shell he can tuck into; the armor his shell provides softens the blow a purple could do, not to mention with the spikes on his back the purple probably would take more damage than it gives. I do have one question though: is it possible for bowser to spit flames from inside of his shell? If so i dont see how olimar pulls this one.

Snowstalker

Smash Ace
Here it goes:

Bowser immediately breathes fire on the whole group, killing everyone but the 10 red pikmin, who are useless without their leader.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Thanks for saying what I already did. lrn2read threads.

Anyway, I really don't see how Olimar would be able to throw a Pikmin at Bowser's head, let alone a purple one. For a Pikmin to be powerful, it pretty much either needs weight, or it needs to have a hard outside and must be thrown with a high velocity. Olimar clearly doesn't throw super fast (I'm talking baseball pitcher fast), so let's look at the other one: How is Olimar going to throw something with weight 6.5 feet UP, let alone 2 feet FORWARD?

And besides, Bowser has these things called claws, the swipe and are powerful. It's not like he's not going to be protecting his body lmao.

Bowser no question.

tocador

Smash Lord
Bowser has a shell.

If a pikmin goes inside his shell(throwed in there, or sneaked arround it), he should be able to kill bowser, as any shelled animals have their shell connected to their spinal cord.

Dealing with 50 little *******s, charging you from above/ground/sides/flying is really tough, and can give booser some trouble.

So then, if bowser goes recklessly against oli, he will get dumped first by pikmin. Where if he tries to get rid of pikmin first, olimar can come up with sneaky tactics(that im still thinking BTW) in his favor.

@Solid: The pikmins shouldnt be that heavy, if they are 2/3 the size of olimar, and really THIN, i think they should weight, 1/10 or 1/15 maximum. Only the purple that would prolly weight 2/5 olimars weight.

And olimar dosent really need to throw them, they are fast and numerous, so a mix with throws + walking can mess bowser up, as he is to big, and cant cover all his sides at once.

Edit: Even tho i want olimar to win, i think its close to impossible or not going to happen. Bowser should be just too much of a tank a get this one.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
@Solid: The pikmins shouldnt be that heavy, if they are 2/3 the size of olimar, and really THIN, i think they should weight, 1/10 or 1/15 maximum. Only the purple that would prolly weight 2/5 olimars weight.

And olimar dosent really need to throw them, they are fast and numerous, so a mix with throws + walking can mess bowser up, as he is to big, and cant cover all his sides at once.
Bowser can easily cover his whole body. Olimar and Bowser will start facing each other. Bowser just needs to spray fire to kill whites quickly, eliminating that threat. Then if Olimar throws his electrics, Bowser an kill them with fire or his claws. Anything running at Bowser will be trampled, gored by a foot claw, or burnt to a crisp. Purples will be the hardest to kill, but fire will destroy them like their brethren.

Then Bowser will move on to Olimar.

750-250, Olimar could get a lucky hit in.

REL38

Smash Lord
Bowser is slow, but strong. He has scales that covers the open areas of his body. He has a spiked shell to cover himself with.

He has fire breathe, but with a limited amount. Coral Snakes only have so much venom in them. Skunks only have so much stink stuff until it runs out. Bugs that shoot venom only have so much. Bowser would only have a limited amount of fire to use in this battle. It would probably regenerate over time, but that would take a long process of a few hours. Also, exactly how strong would his fire breathe be? I'd only expect it to travel a yard or so in distance. Bowser would probably start off with the fire breathe just for show. He's notoriously cocky and arrogant.

Olimar isn't going to stand there and wait for Bowser to approach. He's like a general commanding his own little army. He's gonna have the Pikmn weave left and right, behind and in front of him. He won't stay still.

He'd probably wouldn't be able to throw 10 in one second, I'll give you that.
So he's probably going to be able to throw one, or maybe even two per second.

He'd just circle Bowser, throw a few, call them back, rinse and repeat.

Ants are strong enough to lift 10 times their own body wieght. They're capable of taking down beetles and even small mammals.

Pikmin are small, but they can pack a punch.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Bowser is slow, but strong. He has scales that covers the open areas of his body. He has a spiked shell to cover himself with.

He has fire breathe, but with a limited amount. Coral Snakes only have so much venom in them. Skunks only have so much stink stuff until it runs out. Bugs that shoot venom only have so much. Bowser would only have a limited amount of fire to use in this battle. It would probably regenerate over time, but that would take a long process of a few hours. Also, exactly how strong would his fire breathe be? I'd only expect it to travel a yard or so in distance. Bowser would probably start off with the fire breathe just for show. He's notoriously cocky and arrogant.

Olimar isn't going to stand there and wait for Bowser to approach. He's like a general commanding his own little army. He's gonna have the Pikmn weave left and right, behind and in front of him. He won't stay still.

He'd probably wouldn't be able to throw 10 in one second, I'll give you that.
So he's probably going to be able to throw one, or maybe even two per second.

He'd just circle Bowser, throw a few, call them back, rinse and repeat.

Ants are strong enough to lift 10 times their own body wieght. They're capable of taking down beetles and even small mammals.

Pikmin are small, but they can pack a punch.
What you don't understand, or are refusing to accept, is that Bowser doesn't need that much fire. A burst in from of him will kill 10, 20 pikmin?

Here's the starting positions:

..........Bowser............................................Olimar........

The Pikmin won't be able to get on the sides of Bowser unless they want to run all the way to the sides of him and attack him.

Even then, he has peripheral vision...

Bowser, 750:250

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Pikmins are way too fragile to stand a chance against bowser.

Like people said, a burst of fire will anihilate 4/5 of the troop. The rest, while strong, lack the numbers to overwhelm Bowser....and they could just be stepped on.

Then only Olimar would be left.

GG

REL38

Smash Lord
Olimar uses the Spicy Spray to make his Pikmin faster and stronger.

Olimar gets in close, just outside of Bowser's flame range.

Bowser breathes fire.

Throws a Yellow Pikmin at his head to make him stop his fire.

Bowser stops and tries to shake the Pikmin off.

Olimar charges the moment his fire's gone and uses the Bitter Spray to keep Bowser from moving.

a) He continually aims for the head and keeps using the Bitter Spray to keep Bowser immobile.

b) He shoves a few White Pikmin into his mouth to poison Bowser. All ten of them could do a great deal of damage, but not enough to kill him.

The only strategy Olimar has for winning.
Far to precise to carry out without the possibility of losing more than a potential 1/3 of his squad.

-a- Could work, even if he had less than half left and given he has more than just one bottle of spray.
-b- Far to ludicrious to work, but worth a shot.

I was gonna keep nuetral, but I just couldn't let my Pikmin knowledge go to waste :p

Bowser would win out of having BETTER range and superior defense.
Ah, well. I tried.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
How does a spray make someone stop moving completely?

And couldn't Bowser, you know, aim his breath like he does in his games and in Brawl?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Olimar uses the Spicy Spray to make his Pikmin faster and stronger.

Olimar gets in close, just outside of Bowser's flame range.

Bowser breathes fire.

Throws a Yellow Pikmin at his head to make him stop his fire.

BOWSER HAS CLAWS. He would kill it in the air.

The rest of what you said is irrelevant.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
*YAWN~!* Hello everyone, I am now back to give my two cents. I will be doing an analysis style post.

Bowser <--|

Tank-Like Spiked Shell: Bowser's shell, as proven in his earlier MU with Charizard, is built to last. His tank-like shell makes him almost impenetrable to most opponent's attack. Nothing short of explosives, being fully immersed in lava, or being blown up by ICBM or SAM-class missiles will pierce his shell. Period.

Scaled, Fire-retardant body: While Bowser's scales can't save him from death by being completely immersed in molten lava, he can withstand it enough to not have his face melted off being within arm's length of it. This means Bowser has an extreme resistance to fire and heat.

Fire Breath, Sharp Claws, Giant's Strength: Bowser's natural weapons, his claws and fire breathing abilities, put opponents not covered in fire-protective clothing or armor, are likely to be gored by Bowser without much effort; while he has a weakness in that he has a limited time frame for breathing his flames, Bowser's natural weapons alone make him a formidable foe. He also has physical strength in excess, making him able to likely apply enough force to crush skulls.

Olimar <---|

Small Body: The Hocotate spaceman's body is small with stubby arms and legs to operate with. This is both an advantage and a disadvantage to him. It helps him by making him a smaller target for projectiles; Size matters when it comes to land speed however, and the length of his arms and legs means he will not be winning an Olympic Gold Medal anytime soon.

Pikmin: The Pikmin are half-plant, half-animal creatures thata re loyal to Olimar, and will follow him into a variety of situations without fail. His Pikmin have powers ranging from their colors. Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, and White. These Pikmin can be a powerful force en masse, however, they -like Olimar- are limited by their size, Their physical strength is comparable to ant, lifting loads many times their own weight.

Space Suit: This suit protects Olimar from some harsh environments, but it doesn't make him invulnerable. The inability for his body to process oxygen makes for a worrisome and potentially deadly hazard should the bulb-like dome crack or shatter.

My original prediction: 750/250

My new prediction: 950/50

Reason: Lets face it, Bowser completely outclasses Olimar in all aspects: size, armor, strength, weaponry, and more than likely, stamina. This makes Bowser into Olimar's Goliath, and Olimar unfortunately is not the famed David. Bowser's claws can shred thrown Pikmin just as easily as Bowser could tear him, and Bowser's high physical strength means he could probably crack or shatter Olimar's bulb-dome. Meaning instant painful death for the space man. Bowser's fire abilities also make him capable of killing off nearly all of Olimar's Pikmin.

The only way Olimar could kill Bowser is if he managed to smother him with Yellow Pikmin, and he would have to get lucky and get enough on him to do that, which a highly unlikely situation. Thus, Bowser wins by a landslide.

REL38

Smash Lord
How does a spray make someone stop moving completely?

And couldn't Bowser, you know, aim his breath like he does in his games and in Brawl?
It's made from a berry from an alien planet. It probably has some kind of wierd properties to allow for that. It covers the enemy in a rocky mold, but only for a few seconds.

I thought it was implied that Bowser could aim his fire.

@Beren
The Yellow Pikmin can withstand electricity, but they don't actually have electrical powers like static or anything.

Also, Olimar can withstand fire, but only later in the game via a power-up.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
Well, unless it covers all of Bowser's body at once, it won't make a difference.

Bowser will just break it with no problems due to the rocky mold being thin... and unflexible.

bobson

Smash Lord
Bitter Spray is out. Spicy Spray could theoretically do something to the Pikmin's nervous system temporarily to put them in "berserker mode," but even the most experienced God-moders would be hard-pressed to explain a spray that could cause something over ten times larger than it to instantly be coated entirely in stone.

Top Bottom