• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Team Fortress 2

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Seriously?
I meant the fall season as I read your not going to be joining up for summer but I can google it myself anyways. Is there any sort of entrance...like testing? At that point it gets sort of stupid for me, just remembering back to the days of getting messages of people lower than you on an FPS leader board saying "wanna join my clan? just 1v1 me and i'll see if yur good enuf. even if you beat me or i sue the hardest weapons though it's my decision if your good enough k?"

Basically...is this fun or super serious? I understand wanting to win and adding some strategy but I've played with L4D groups who cuss out someone for ****ing up and that's not fun. The only reason I'd shell out the money for a new PC is to have fun. I've gotten bored of valve games even though I have a craving. :urg:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I want to playyyyyyy

Scout/Soldier/Medic/Engineer/Sniper

I won't fall asleep this time, Tery. :p
Let's hope not. Last I remember your Soldier was pretty good.

I meant the fall season as I read your not going to be joining up for summer but I can google it myself anyways. Is there any sort of entrance...like testing? At that point it gets sort of stupid for me, just remembering back to the days of getting messages of people lower than you on an FPS leader board saying "wanna join my clan? just 1v1 me and i'll see if yur good enuf. even if you beat me or i sue the hardest weapons though it's my decision if your good enough k?"

Basically...is this fun or super serious? I understand wanting to win and adding some strategy but I've played with L4D groups who cuss out someone for ****ing up and that's not fun. The only reason I'd shell out the money for a new PC is to have fun. I've gotten bored of valve games even though I have a craving. :urg:
There won't be any sort of trials - especially since I've played with a majority of the players here - and we're not going to be full on super serious business. We all want to have fun and enjoy Highlander but like I said we expect you to be able to show up to practices, meetings, etc. and pull your own weight in the team. Some minor knowledge of competitive TF2 is kinda the "baseline" I guess. If you're a "W+M1" Pyro who doesn't know half the weapons, etc. it's going to be difficult playing with you.

So has anyone else ever wanted to try the near-impossible TF2 Drinking Game?
That's too complicated. Here's the simpler version. Watch Quantic Legacy's matches from the last ESEA Season 10. Every time Macket offclasses, you drink.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
ehhh...I've never played competitively but I know some stuff and I'm not terrible. I mostly play soldier but I switch between engi/medic/pyro/spy when its necessary. Hopefully I get the chance to play with you guys.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Patch Notes:
Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch Updates Released
April 27, 2012 - TF2 Team

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Day of Defeat: Source and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Source Engine Changes (TF2, DoD:S, HL2:DM)

· Fixed a problem that allowed malicious clients to disable the "ping" and "status" commands for other connected clients

Team Fortress 2
· Added The Toss-Proof Towel
· Fixed a bug that caused many avatar images to not show up in the scoreboard
· Fixed the Sharpened Volcano Fragment not igniting players
· Fixed damage to buildings applying on-hit effects such as the Übersaw charge
· Fixed Sticky Jumper stickybombs changing team when air-blasted
· Fixed large floating point values getting truncated in WebAPI responses
· sǝlıℲ uoıʇɐʇɐzılɐɔo˥ pǝʇɐpd∩

Community request
· Added SetForcedTauntCam player input for map makers to place the player into third-person

http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=7852

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'm not really creative, so the only team name I came up with was "Smash World Fortress", so we could literally use "SWF" as the team tag. I'm sure other people have other names in mind or something.
Other team name:

never rely on me to make team names

Morin0

Smash Lord
^ Yeah, can we get this thread transferred to someone more active? As in, someone who plays TF2 anymore?
*cough* m@v *cough*

John2k4

The End of an Era
How's that for a thread title? =)

Unless I magically get a job somehow this summer, I'll be free all day erryday for practice/whatnot.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Signups or recruitment work. We're aiming for like 12 players, with 9 starters and 3 subs. If someone could get M@v to look at this thread, that'd be fantastic.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I want to say I can do any of Scout, Soldier, Demo, or Medic, but IDK how much I'll be available this summer.

M@v

Subarashii!
Yo, I'm probably getting back into tf2. Some of you have been bugging me about it, so yeah. I should be good to go as a sniper for highlander stuff.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Yo, I'm probably getting back into tf2. Some of you have been bugging me about it, so yeah. I should be good to go as a sniper for highlander stuff.
He made this post after playing the game again for less than a minute(literally).

/callingout

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Formtive Roster
Terywj: Medic, Pyro, Soldier
Bionic: Engineer
John2K4: Demoman, Spy
GwJumpman: Scout, Pyro, Demoman, Soldier
Ulises: Spy, Pyro
M@v: Sniper
Krynxe: Heavy (?)

I think we'll experiment with starting lineups to see what works but we're looking at something like...

Terywj - Medic // Krynxe - Heavy // GwJumpman - Pyro
John2K4 - Demoman
Bionic - Engineer // M@v - Sniper // Ulises - Spy
I figured I'd place GwJ at Pyro since he used to play Spy a lot and so knows a lot of the tricks and such.

Krynxe is still a question mark as far as I know, but this is good progress considering summer is only starting. I know like two teammates from my 6's team might be interested in playing Soldier for Highlander so we'll see.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Whoops.

Terywj - Medic // Krynxe - Heavy // GwJumpman - Pyro
Morino - Scout
John2K4 - Demoman
Bionic - Engineer // M@v - Sniper // Ulises - Spy

That looks like a solid starting lineup, provided Krynxe will join us.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Anyone selling stranges?

I'm looking for
flamethrower, degreaser
southern hospitality, jag

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Oh dude you have a battle bob? haha man, I was looking for one but it was so expensive when it came out. Is it still overpriced?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I used all my metal so I could buy a hat for Rei haha

I have these two vintage items I wouldn't mind trading, I imagine they're worth a lot because they're not only vintage but have irregular levels which was something that people could only get for a short while a few years ago. (lvl 25 Ambassador + lvl 24 C&D)

I don't want to underball though, idk if those vintages are really worth much or not. I'll just need to some to get metal or something else of value.

Edit: I'm also looking for gold paint, if anyone has.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I've got vintage forms of both of those, and don't even pay attention to levels, sorry. =P

I'll hold the Battle Bob for ya. =)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Protip: Levels don't add much to value unless it's like LV.1 or LV.100. Otherwise you'd have you find collectors of whatever specific number you're trying to sell for, and good luck with that.

I could be a bro and buy the Battle Bob from John and just give it to Krynxe for free but I recently used up 4 keys for a Strange Rocket Launcher, so...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Lv. 1 and 100 don't add value on 99.9% of items anyways.

It's level 0 that ups prices.

M@v

Subarashii!
It is my favorite sniper rifle. Even if it was banned, I'm proficient with the regular sniper rifle and Sydney sleeper. I just value the extra power and penetration shot ability (I actively go for these, usually on medic combos since the medics love to hide behind the healing target) over the weakness of having to scope. I still haven't mastered the range where they're just outside my jarate+bushwacka area yet, but I'll get it eventually. Yes I could just equip the SMG, but jarate+bushwacka is a far more versatile and useful loadout overall.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Is there a list somewhere of what the general legal weapons are for competative play?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Anyone know if there's a way to see a person's 'time played as character' stats?

D

Deleted member

Anyone know if there's a way to see a person's 'time played as character' stats?
Log into the Steam community, look for person X, look through his or her games list until you find TF2, click View Stats, then X's Stats.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
"This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile."

Blarg. Ah well.

Top Bottom