• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teenage Mafia Ninja Turtles #2 - GAME OVER - Who lived happily ever after in NY?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1

It’s been a little over a year since the first TMNT Mafia and now I’m back with the sequel. It’s time for another epic showdown between the turtles and their enemies. Things are a little different this time, as you’ll discover very soon! Thanks to EE/tmw for letting me jump ahead of them in line and to KiKi for making some pretty rules that I could borrow and to Tom because he’s done a good job keeping BRoom Mafia organized. Let’s get started!

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

RULES

Fundamentals
  1. Disputes with and private questions for me should be handled through PM or instant messaging. If you notice that I have made a simple mistake or if you have a simple question, please address them in the thread in bold.
  2. Dead men tell no tales. Once you have died in the game, you are dead (unless, later, I tell you you're not). Dead players are not allowed to make any more posts in the thread for any reason whatsoever. No communication about this game is allowed with non-players or players who are dead, even if you yourself are dead. (If you are dead, you may not discuss the game with anyone who is currently playing, even if you could while you were alive.)
  3. Unless your role PM specifically allows you the power, you are not to communicate with anyone about this game outside of this game thread. This includes posting content outside of the game thread and linking to it in the game thread. If your role PM does allow you this power, you are to PM all conversations to the mod. They're amusing.
  4. Editing your posts is not allowed.
  5. I reserve the right to deny anyone from signing up/replacing.
  6. Personally attacking another player is not allowed.
  7. You are not allowed to quote any mod communication of any kind, real or fake. You must paraphrase all information you wish to claim. You are not allowed to post or refer to any images in your role PM, nor may you post metadata about mod PMs in an attempt to break the game (e.g., message ID in the URL, time of day the message was sent, etc.).
  8. Do not attempt to post generally unreadable or hidden text, as by changing the text color to match or resemble the page background. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  9. You may not use ciphers, encryption, or similar techniques.
  10. You must post the word "dude" in your sign up if you want to be in the game. Your sign up will be ignored until you add it.
  11. You must post in English.

Voting and Lynching
  1. Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold vote command. For example, vote: Virgilijus.
  2. To unvote, use the command unvote. For example, unvote vote: Tom. You must unvote before voting another player.
  3. No lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, vote: No Lynch.
  4. The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a pre-set deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  5. After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the lynch scene is posted, the game will move to Night.
  6. There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.

Activity and Deadline
  1. You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods over the course of the game (however many I think that is) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. When feasible, I will tell you if I'm considering replacing/modkilling you. If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  2. We will have strict day cycles set on 10-days in real life. The town must stay active and be willing to punish inactive players if they hope to succeed.
  3. I do not expect to grant deadline extensions, barring extenuating circumstances. In the event I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the new player. Certain game events may also result in a change of deadline.
  4. Nights will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM to that effect, lest I have to wait until the deadline for naught.

Special Notes
  1. There are no jesters or survivors in this game, but that doesn’t necessarily mean everyone’s win conditions are uniform!
  2. I would like to actively encourage everyone to pressure players that are inactive and punish them by lynching them if necessary. I will replace players that need to be replaced, but the town shouldn't let that be an excuse to let players get away with staying quiet.
  3. Knowledge of the TMNT isn't necessary to play, but it might be useful. Check out the TMNT Wikia Page if you want to read up.
  4. If you rely on flavor, you might get burned. Try to focus on information and player actions if you want to succeed.

Sample Role PM:

You are Bebop, a mutated warthog and bungling sidekick to Splinter.

Abilities
You are a vanilla townie. You have no special powers or attributes.

Restrictions
You must fall down at least once per episode.

Win Condition
You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

3. Gheb_01
4. Scamp
9. KirbyYoshi
12. Mayling (replaces Bunglefever)
13. Overswarm

Sewage
5. Chill Raphael, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched D1
1. McFox (replaces Tom) Krang, Independent Experimenter, killed N1
6. Ignatius Leatherhead, Town Cop, killed N1
8. KevinM Leo, Mafia Anti-Vigilante, killed N2
2. Dastrn, Shredder, Town Vigilante, killed N2
10. Hilt (replaces Chaco) Rahzar, Town Idiot Mason, modkilled D3
7. Yeroc, Tatsu, Town Trainer, lynched D4
11. tHe-Man, Antrax, Town Executioner, killed Night 4

Events
1. Chill is lynched to end Day 1
2. Ignatius and McFox die on N1, Day 2 Starts

Replacements
1. Super Smash Bros Fan

NEW RULE - Since this game is now going to be played outside of the BRoom, please do your best not reveal details about the previous game.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Quick note, this game is NOT based on the movie. It's just the second game, so I used the movie banner.

Dastrn and CK both messaged me to say to sign them up, so they are going on the list.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm in.

Hoping I get the role of Bebop provided in the example. That dude is a sidekick to Splinter! Who knew?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Good clux Kevin. We just need five more.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
attn: Yeroc, Drew, Macman, Mini, Mc9 and EE. Come play mafia.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I'd love to M3D but I'm already in one game and I don't want to commit myself to more than one now I'm back at uni and life is busy again.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
If the game doesn't fill, come check back after your other game is over Mini.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I have apparently been railroaded into joining, dude.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Ok so I got permission from Marshy to move this to the Decisive Games forum so I don't have to chase after people to get the game filled up. I'll be moving this thread over to the DG today, so if any of you decide you want to drop out, let me know so I can fill those spots. However, I do encourage BRoomers to play, cause it would be fun to see how BRoomers and DG players compete with/against each other.

NEW RULE - Since this game is now going to be played outside of the BRoom, please do your best not reveal details about the previous game.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Eh. DG huh... I'll sit it out then. A bunch more people from there will be able to pay more attention to it than I could give, anyway.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
SPECIAL BRoom GAME TRANSPLANT

Due to some very busy schedules of BRoomers, this game has been moved to the DG so it can fill and get rocking. This is a sequel to my game hosted in the BRoom about a year ago, themed on the Ninja Turtles! Please do not ask about the previous game, as I may later run it as a prequel here in the DG with a few tweaks.

If you'd like to participate, please ignore the sign up rules in this thread and sign up in the official thread stickied here on this board. Thanks!

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I'll stay in, but I'm with CK; I don't know how well I'll be able to keep up with DG. Fair warning, but I hope I don't have to bow out, because the last TMNT game was hella fun.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I think I'll have to peace out on this one too. I'm already doing another mafia in the DR, and I probably could have kept up in the BRoom, but not in here.

Sorry, M3D. I'll do the next BRoom one though.

:urg:

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, ****, seems like everyone you had in dropped.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Just two. We're fine. Still gonna fill and rock this very soon and there will still be a fun mix of DG and BRoom players.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Game is full... role PM's incoming. Do NOT post in the thread until I tell you to.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
He was the team's heart. He was the happy brother. He was the one that kept them laughing, even when the violence they faced every day threatened to drag them down. And now he was dead.

Michelangelo, the party dude, was found by his brothers dead in the streets of New York. He had been stabbed through and died of his injuries before they could get him to say which one of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' adversaries had done the deed. This was not the work of some lucky street punk. This was the work of an experienced villain, maybe even an ambush. Michelangelo may have been a goofball, but he was too good an ninja to fall to anything but a coordinated attack.

His brothers were furious and without Mikey's goofy charm and happy spirit grounding them, they were about to do something rash. Leonardo didn't know who had done this to his brother, but he almost didn't care. He was out for blood. Leonardo declared war on the villains of New York City and vowed not to rest until they were all dead.

That's right villains. The Ninja Turtles aren't coming to capture you. They aren't going to knock your heads together, foil your plans and run off to eat some pizza. They are coming to kill every last one of you and if you don't band together, you'll all soon be dead.

Day 1 Begins
With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to lynch
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, March 31st at noon Eastern Time

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Can't let him win this one like that can we?

@Dastrn, Yeroc, Scamp and OS: Have you guys played before? If so, where? What games?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
First clues:

1. The example role PM was Bebop, Splinter's sidekick. And he was labelled a vanilla townie.
2. There are usually 3 mafia in this size of a game.
3. There are usually 4 ninja turtles, but one of them was killed before the game started.
4. M3D stated that the ninja turtles are out to kill us.
5. There's no good reason not to give some townie the role of Michaelangelo since posting restrictions could be pretty funny, unless M3D wanted the turtles to be mafia, and hence the posting restriction that would give Mikey away would skew the game in favor of the town.

I know that flavor isn't really all that important, but in whatever way it's useful, I think it's pretty clear that the 3 remaining turtles are the three mafia, which puts all the classic bad guy and supporting characters as the "town". It's an interesting flip of the standard "mafia are bad guys, town are good guys" element.

This is a rather un-useful thought, but I just thought I'd put it out there, in case it wasn't obvious to anyone right off the bat.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can't let him win this one like that can we?

@Dastrn, Yeroc, Scamp and OS: Have you guys played before? If so, where? What games?
I've played in 3 broom games so far. I've never played outside of the broom. Other than in real life, that is. Lots and lots and LOTS of campfire mafia games.

Top Bottom