• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teenage Mafia Ninja Turtles #2 - GAME OVER - Who lived happily ever after in NY?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
edit to my question before for those people + Tom & Kevin = did you play in TMNT in the BRoom? I'm pretty sure Tom did, just curious though

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
edit to my edited question: Do you think that will provide you with any significant advantage?

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I've played about 5 games or so, way back when the Broom first started playing. The last game I played was M3D's first TMNT game, so I had to join in on this one.

I've played in 3 broom games so far. I've never played outside of the broom. Other than in real life, that is. Lots and lots and LOTS of campfire mafia games.
I think Dastrn's trying to tell us something.

Vote: Dastrn

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
OMG SCUMCRUMB

Now for seriosity (not a word):
@Everyone not a DGamer: In what games have you played, and what is/are your records as Town, Scum, and Indy? Please include only BRoom games.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I haven't played this before, so I guess I'm a newbie.

Dastrn does seem to know a lot, but I don't know that that necessarily means anything. If it does it'd be pretty apparent with how he's posting now in just a few "rounds", but wouldn't it make sense to keep him for us if he was just GOOD at the game?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
@Dastrn, Yeroc, Scamp and OS: Have you guys played before? If so, where? What games?
I've played six times in the backroom and I've never won. I'm currently in the unintended consequences game that Kiki is running.

I did not play in the first TMNT game.

@Dastrn: Dude, Bebop is not Splinter's sidekick.

Vote:Lythium

A perfect prosecutor would never drop.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

Dastrn does seem to know a lot, but I don't know that that necessarily means anything. If it does it'd be pretty apparent with how he's posting now in just a few "rounds", but wouldn't it make sense to keep him for us if he was just GOOD at the game?
Yeah, don't worry. This is what we call the "joke vote" phase. We all basically just vote at each other for random reasons, and then everyone tries to pick apart other people's motivations for their joke votes, and then everyone micro-analyzes people's reasons for picking apart other people's motivations, and then it all turns into a big cluster**** of double-bluffing and no one really knows anything.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer

Yeah, don't worry. This is what we call the "joke vote" phase. We all basically just vote at each other for random reasons, and then everyone tries to pick apart other people's motivations for their joke votes, and then everyone micro-analyzes people's reasons for picking apart other people's motivations, and then it all turns into a big cluster**** of double-bluffing and no one really knows anything.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
A double post! That's something a double crosser would do!

Am I doing it right? XD

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Yeah, you're doing it right, except that you forgot that he must be double bluffing (like he said) by that double crossing double post. Wait, is that a triple double? I'm so confused...

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah sorry for the double post. My browser hung and I clicked send again a few minutes later when it was still trying. I asked a mod to delete it, but he said they don't like mods deleting posts if they can avoid it, and the game rules say I can't edit, so I just left it. I thought about triple posting to explain all this, but I haven't taught Overswarm what a triple post means in mafia games yet, and I didn't want to confuse him. :)

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Yeah, I am too.

unvote vote: Dastrn

confusing the town, must be scum

Overswarm

is laughing at you
But you unvoted the guy who is being confusing! :(

Now you're confusing!

Unvote: Dastrn
Vote: Junglefever

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
No I unvoted Tom then voted the guy being confusing.

It took me this long to realize what you meant/

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
vote: KevinM

I've seen him in a few DotA games in my day, kids up to no good.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I played in the first TMNT game.

Claiming Miller.

Dastrn is trying to dictate the game, I'm going to assume that mean's he's townie.

Overswarm is new that's cool, always good to see a new face.

Iggy and Chill are going to coast their way to wins on whatever alignment they are xD.

Tom is V/LA Quicklynch him before he gets back gogogo.

Vote Tom

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Unvote
Vote: KevinM

Serious vote. Scum will sometimes claim miller to avoid suspicion or cops. Someone (might have been Kevin) said that in Scum Wars, and it makes alot of sense. And in my experience, Millers don't know they are Millers.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
Wasn't trying to, just saying that don't assume when someon claims a miller that they don't know (if they are the real miller).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Unvote
Vote: KevinM

Serious vote. Scum will sometimes claim miller to avoid suspicion or cops. Someone (might have been Kevin) said that in Scum Wars, and it makes alot of sense. And in my experience, Millers don't know they are Millers.
Xiivi also knew he was a miller in another game.

I think its a gambit scum is able to make correct.

However I have no reason as a miller to NOT claim miller.

Unfortunately it brings a bit of WIFOM into the game, but would rather bring that into effect now then have a cop reveal in lylo thus winning the game for scum because of a *******ized role.

(for the record M3D I ****ing hate millers)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Vote Count
Dastrn (2) - Junglefever, Yeroc
KevinM (2) - Overswarm, Kirbyoshi
Ignatius (1) - Dastrn
Tom (1) - KevinM

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline: Wednesday, March 31st @ Noon Eastern Time

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
That's odd Kevin. Multiple restricted town roles? Really?

We're the Town Executioner. We can only hammer and the town "may be penalized" if we attempt to vote prior to said hammer. Expect a lot of FoS's.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Ok, so why is everyone claiming? Did we agree somewhere to a massclaim, and I missed it?

Not going to claim my role, but I also have a voting restriction. If I hammer scum, I lose my PR. Yeah, it sucks.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
[/facepalm]

That's not the kind of claim we need.

Miller allows for a mislynch and outs a cop if the player is investigated. Especially dangerous with a person like KevinM and his playstyle is the miller. Much better to claim Day 1.

I'm the town executioner which seriously inhibits my ability to play the game in a traditional manner and hurts us for trying to vote when I'm not hammering. Much better to claim Day 1.

You just claimed a power role with a voting restriction that isn't bad at all. Not cool.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm the town executioner which seriously inhibits my ability to play the game in a traditional manner and hurts us for trying to vote when I'm not hammering. Much better to claim Day 1.
I tried to look this up in the link with the roles, but couldn't find it... what do you do? O_o

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Exactly.

I don't want to spoil too much of the other TMNT game, but I suspect there will be lots of power roles of sorts in this game. And based on the last few posts, lots of restrictions. I have one too. That said, it's a little weird to see everybody just up and claiming right out of the gate here. Do you guys play more straightforward games in here? The BRoom is known for some pretty heavy theme games, so nearly everybody having a power isn't unheard of, so we're used to playing that way.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I wasn't claiming my role, nor was I trying to start a trend.

In any case what''s done is done unfortunately.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Yeah, I'm sorry, I was tired when I posted that, got kinda frustrated at Kevin/tHe-Man, and let it slip. I was frustrated because imo, no one should claim unless they are about to be hammered, Miller or no. I find claiming Miller to be unnecessary even for scum, as it's possible to bring more WIFOM to the table than even they can handle. I'm guessing that every town member has some sort of restriction then. No one else should reveal theirs.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Yeah, I'm sorry, I was tired when I posted that, got kinda frustrated at Kevin/tHe-Man, and let it slip. I was frustrated because imo, no one should claim unless they are about to be hammered, Miller or no. I find claiming Miller to be unnecessary even for scum, as it's possible to bring more WIFOM to the table than even they can handle. I'm guessing that every town member has some sort of restriction then. No one else should reveal theirs.
That's a particularly bodacious claim. Maybe it's "taboo" in online games and I'm unaware, but when things are this specific why not put things out in the open? That'd mean that there's a greater chance to slip up in the future, especially since few will keep their posts from this far back in mind later in the game! The mafia wins by secrecy, not the town.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This whole post is really strange.

Vote Yoshi

Frustrated because I made the proper play?

I don't understand the claiming miller as scum statement btw.

Also unless you count miller I don't have any restriction so I disagree with that.

Top Bottom