• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teenage Mafia Ninja Turtles #2 - GAME OVER - Who lived happily ever after in NY?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm totally lost. What is the proper play? Why would we want to keep so much a secret?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Overswarm, each Night, the Mafia can kill one of us. If we reveal everyone's role, they can decide which of us to kill first, and which to leave until later on. Granted, a Miller claim probably isn't going to be targeted for a Night kill, but the reason it is scummy is because it's not likely to be a lynch target either.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I guess that makes sense.

I've seen the word "scum" thrown around a lot. Does this have a special meaning in this game?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Overswarm, each Night, the Mafia can kill one of us. If we reveal everyone's role, they can decide which of us to kill first, and which to leave until later on. Granted, a Miller claim probably isn't going to be targeted for a Night kill, but the reason it is scummy is because it's not likely to be a lynch target either.
Right so I made myself less of a night kill target and you're mad about that because?

Were you planning on killing me N1 and now its not the best play? rofl.

I don't get how you disagree with a miller claiming. If it's because you don't want to deal with "WIFOM" welcome to mafia bro, there is wifom behind EVERY single statement.

SWF complaining about WIFOM **** lately is getting ridiculous.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I don't like unnecessary WIFOM, and at this stage of the game, Miller claim WIFOM is unnecessary.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I don't like unnecessary WIFOM, and at this stage of the game, Miller claim WIFOM is unnecessary.
When would you rather have had me claim Kirb.

Again I will point out a cop isn't supposed to reveal after their first guilty otherwise they are a terrible cop.

Thus I can see a few unfortunate cop plights if I wait to reveal before being investigated. Claim before they have the proper amount of information because they believe they have pinned down a fair amount of scum thus introducing even MORE wifom because why would I wait to reveal only AFTER I was chosen. Or, would you rather me wait until Lylo to claim miller after the cop thinks he has seemingly won the game.

The only argument you can make about unnecessary WIFOM effectively, if that's what you truly want to make is that, I shouldn't have claimed Miller at all this entire game.

Because if i have read your opinion correctly my role itself generates unnecessary wifom at any stage in the game, so I find your argument extremely weak and poor planned if you're upset about the TIME I revealed my role.

If however you're arguing that I shouldn't have claimed miller at all I think my second paragraph accurately states why I should, but if you want to continue, I'll gladly refute your posts.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
I would rather have had you play the game, instead of relying on your claim. There are enough people in this game that it's likely you won't be investigated at all. If you hadn't claimed, and hadn't been investigated, you would have been practically no more than your actual ability. THAT would have been ideal.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I would rather have had you play the game, instead of relying on your claim. There are enough people in this game that it's likely you won't be investigated at all. If you hadn't claimed, and hadn't been investigated, you would have been practically no more than your actual ability. THAT would have been ideal.
You managed to avoid almost all of my post with this really nice bread and butter post.

I also like your entire argument against what I've said IS WIFOM.

Yet your arguing how I bring unnecessary wifom to the game but then right after that you say "there are so many people in this game who's to say you would have even been investigated".

I have a tendency to be investigated in most games I play for one, so I figured its in my best interest to get it out of the way now.

However I REALLY like how you didn't argue any of my points and instead made an entirely new argument.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote Kirbyoshi

Casting suspicion on somebody because of a miller claim is ridiculous. I can't think of any town alligned reason to do that. Meta-Kirby did it in Scum Wars vs Xiivi, who claimed Miller to avoid cop investigation (as the tree stump he could easily confirm his innocence so the cop wouldn't waste a night of investigation on him) and I don't see what benefit you get from nudging such a discussion.

It's also why I originally fosed him but I wanted to see his reaction.

:059:

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
I've seen the word "scum" thrown around a lot. Does this have a special meaning in this game?
Scum is a general term for any anti-town aligned player. Whether it be a mafia faction or an independent or something special. In this game, for example, the Ninja Turtles would be considered scum as well as something like a Casey (I think that's the name of the guy, my ninja turtles information is limited) Serial Killer. The latter is a hypothetical situation, fyi.

FoS: Kirbyo

I would vote, but....

Anyway, Kevin made the correct play as town. As did we. Both of our roles have extremely negative effects. Kevin's would cause a cop to claim prematurely and end up mislynching a townie. Mine will cause undue suspicion that wastes time in the best case scenario and ends with the death of a townie in the worst. Your's simply means you shouldn't hammer. There's no real reason why that should affect your play and if it did, you could mention it then to have it dealt with.

Then the PR thing. It's like begging the doc to ride your *** N1. I don't like it.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Unvote
Vote Kirbyoshi

Just doesn't seem to make any sense after reading other people's posts.

assuming we don't lynch him, at best, he's a townie that'll get us all in trouble and be suspicious. At worst, he's a bad player for the mafia. We probably won't be able to find out anything for sure in the first day, but this at least some form or progress.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Vote Count
Kirbyoshi (3) - KevinM, Overswarm, Gheb_01
KevinM (2) - Ignatius, Kirbyoshi
Ignatius (1) - Dastrn
Dastrn (1) - Junglefever

Not Voting
Chill, Tom, Chaco, Scamp, Yeroc, tHe-Man

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch
Deadline: Wednesday, March 31st @ Noon Eastern Time

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
Kirbyo not looking too good right now. FOS. (I will make points tomorrow but I can't stay on late tonight because of work).

Hope Tom gets back soon, want to hear his take on this situation. Chaco hasn't posted yet either. Iggy, poast moar too!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll unvote vote kirbyo because I want him to have enough heat on him to explain why claiming miller immediately is a scum move, and why he immediately jumped on it.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Vote Kirbyoshi

Casting suspicion on somebody because of a miller claim is ridiculous. I can't think of any town alligned reason to do that. Meta-Kirby did it in Scum Wars vs Xiivi, who claimed Miller to avoid cop investigation (as the tree stump he could easily confirm his innocence so the cop wouldn't waste a night of investigation on him) and I don't see what benefit you get from nudging such a discussion.

It's also why I originally fosed him but I wanted to see his reaction.

You want to discourage people from claiming day one under almost all circumstances. It's usually not beneficial for the town to do such a thing, and if people know they risk getting killed to do so then they're less likely to do it. Which is good for the town.

Also, you can't think of a town-aligned reason to claim miller or to cast suspicion on someone for claiming miller. The context isn't clear. Next you gave an example of scum claiming miller to avoid being investigated. And you also say casting suspicion on someone for claiming miller is ridiculous.

So.....something doesn't add up here.

Vote: Gheb

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Scamp, just fyi, the example that Gheb gave was of town fakeclaiming Miller, not scum. His example was that scum casted suspicion on Xiivi for claiming Miller. What he fails to take into consideration, however, is that MK at that point was fairly new to Mafia, at least at SWF, if I'm not mistaken. Would he have the experience to do something like that, if it truly is a pro-scum move?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Oh, whoops. I didn't quite get the example clearly. Thanks Kirbyoshi!

Anyway, my general dislike of Gheb's opinion still stands. I have no idea what to make of MK's experience in the example but that shouldn't matter for this game. You can't just allow someone to say they're a miller and not question it. I can't think of a town-aligned reason not to do it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Who said I'm not questioning his claim? I'm not saying "hey Kevin claims miller he's clear!". I'm saying "Hey Kirbyo tries to paint Kevin in a bad light because of a miller claim why would he do that?".

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I wiki'd it. "Wine in front of me". Apparently it's just an endless loop that doesn't really say anything. It's someone being suspicious of one thing, but because the other people knew they would be they were suspicious first, but the original person voted so that.... you get the idea.

It's you think I"ll throw rock, so you throw paper, but I know you'll throw paper cuz you think I'll throw rock so I throw scissors but you anticpate this and throw rock but I anticipate this so I throw paper, then you throw....

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
unvote since its still just a joke vote on.

But I'll throw a vote Chaco's way cause, hey why not.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Gheb, I'm trying to see it but I still don't understand what caused you to vote for Kirby. Kevin (a experienced mafia player) just made a day 1 claim that he will turn up guilty even if he's not. Having just played a game with Kevin I'm more inclined to think that he's lying.

Even if he isn't I don't see why you'd vote kirby for questioning a extremely suspicious claim.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
He'll flip innocent if he dies, assuming he's not lying. However, the miller role isn't that uncommon and claiming it on Day 1 is the proper move if you draw the role. That way you don't out the cop on a mislynch.

tHe-Man

Ryker|Xonar
Hurr durr. I need to use this account more often. Deleting that post would be cool.

He'll flip innocent if he dies, assuming he's not lying. However, the miller role isn't that uncommon and claiming it on Day 1 is the proper move if you draw the role. That way you don't out the cop on a mislynch.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I'm really interested in why you would assume I would be lying Chill, considering the last game I played with you I was an SK that had no worries about night investigations.

Are you saying because I played and won with an anti town role last game that I am more likely to lie in general?

If so you're merely holding yourself back.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Gheb, I'm trying to see it but I still don't understand what caused you to vote for Kirby. Kevin (a experienced mafia player) just made a day 1 claim that he will turn up guilty even if he's not. Having just played a game with Kevin I'm more inclined to think that he's lying.

Even if he isn't I don't see why you'd vote kirby for questioning a extremely suspicious claim.
And yet again there's no explanation on why claiming Miller is "extremely suspicious" in the first place. Kevin could be lying or not - does it matter? The whole point is that the cop shouldn't investigate him because he gets a guilty anyways regardless of Kevin's allignment. How is that suspicious? Nothing about that shows scummy behaviour.

What is scummy however, is trying to scapegoat the claimed Miller. It's very safe for scum to just shout "WIFOM!" whenever the assumed Miller tries to justifies his claim.
Now wether Kevin is lying or not is a different question. There's no way for us to know until he flips. But even if he isn't actually the Miller then at least he drew some noteworthy reactions - most notably from Kirbyoshi.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm really interested in why you would assume I would be lying Chill, considering the last game I played with you I was an SK that had no worries about night investigations.

Are you saying because I played and won with an anti town role last game that I am more likely to lie in general?

If so you're merely holding yourself back.

No I'm saying that I think you may be lying because of how you play these games. You don't care about what's "right" or "wrong" or how much of a ******* you are as long you're having fun. I'm not bothered by your playstyle but I'm going to take it into consideration when I'm looking at you.

Speaking of which, at this point you usually say something like "gogogo lets lynch ___ get our investigations going and make a strong endgame team, hurry and wagon, etc". It might be nothing but the fact that you aren't doing that this time stands out to me.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Would it make you feel better if I started a cheer?

I had to deal with something slightly more important then lynching terrible kids.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
@Gheb, I have never played with a miller role before so maybe I lack some experience in dealing with it. However I do have experience in playing in Kevin which makes me uneasy with his claim.

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I agree with everything Kevmo has said about a miller making an early claim to avoid town/cop calamities later on, even in light of the mafia/fake claim WIFOM bomb. This doesn't absolve him of the suspicion of that WIFOM, but it does make for a bad play on Kirbyo's part. Then Gheb joins the fray. The only person here who made the right(?) play is Kevmo.

Either:
KevinM is telling the truth about being a self-aware miller - the format of the role PMs seems to suggest this being a possibility, with the colored role text and all.

KevinM is telling the truth on a hunch of being a miller - unsure yet how one would suspect they were the miller if they weren't told, but I've never been a miller before and Kevmo is more experienced in mafia than me.

KevinM is fakeclaiming miller to **** with us - unlikely, but I've seen him do some pretty off the wall stuff before, so even as a remote possibility it's plausible?

KevinM is fakeclaiming miller because he's mafia - textbook mafia, and I wouldn't put it past him, but right now I'm hesitant to call this one. Once, maybe twice (I'm too lazy to go look right now) in the past I've picked up on him being scummy and he isn't giving me that vibe yet this game.

Any one have any other possibilities?

Top Bottom