• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Teenage Mafia Ninja Turtles #2 - GAME OVER - Who lived happily ever after in NY?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Because scum can choose to not kill during the night and then claim to be hit BP for a pseudo-clear.

:059:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Scamp's claim also strikes me as iffy. I still consider KirbyYoshi as my primary suspicion, assuming killing Yeroc doesn't end the game.

FoS: KirbyYoshi

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
I'm already dead, so there's no point in potentially breaking this rule any more. I didn't get modkilled because I found another picture of Tatsu and posted that. I knew what I was doing, and I kinda felt bad that it got Hilt killed because he assumed I had posted the one in my PM.

For real though, go Town, find that last scumbag (or 2?). I hope tomorrow's not Lylo.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Bickering ensued as the fourth day started and almost immediately, the villains fell upon Yeroc. One, two, three, four... they struck him in rapid succession and he fell to the ground bloodied. It didn't matter that he was a loyal member of the Foot Clan, Yeroc, Tatsu (Town Trainer) was lynched!

Night Falls

Night actions are due to me by Saturday, April 24th at Midnight

Mod Note
I will be away starting tomorrow at noon until late Saturday night.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Who thought this quicklynch was a good idea?

On top of that, OS is really looking bad for me right now.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
As the sun rose over NYC, the villains gathered again to defend themselves against the turtles, but yet another of them was missing. Checking a nearby alley, they discovered the crushed exoskeleton of a giant bug and goo splattered all around. tHe-Man (Antrax, Town Executioner) had his bug-guts smushed out all over the pavement.

Day 5 Begins

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch
A deadline has been set for Wednesday, May 5th at Noon Eastern Time

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The other people are not yet clear except me. It takes 3/5 to lynch. If Scamp and Kirbyo are anti-town and OS is town they can hammer him off like now.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
My vote is being controlled by a 3rd party (again). I'll post later when I have some time. I have a feeling there is an independent controlling the votes, and I think we have one mafia and one independent left. KirbyYoshi is my claim to scum, Gheb is the only clear for town. Mayling and Scamp I'm unsure of.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Agreed that Kirbyo is probably scum. The whole exchange with KevMo based on the miller claim D1 looks like distancing in retrospect.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I'm surprised tHe-Man died. I was going to go after him today non-stop for that horrible play in the last day.

OS: Explain to me why my claim was iffy on the last day.

Anyway, despite my primary suspicions I say we go after KirbyYoshi today. (Read: Not kill him yet.) He's just been flat-out absent, and we simply can't let that slide.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS: Explain to me why my claim was iffy on the last day.
It seems interesting that we'd only now have someone being protected and not have any claim of that prior. I've had you pegged as an independent for some time now, but that would be a mafia move, not an independent move, so that throws me for a loop.

I figured tHe-Man was mafia after Yeroc turned up town and this was semi-confirmed when he fast hammered, but he was also semi-cleared earlier from his restriction harming town.

I feel kirbyyoshi is the person to hear from today, but Mayling's auto-claim that I'm scum strikes me as suspicious. Her involvement in a quick lynch the day before coupled with the killing of tHe-man would lead to a witch hunt of either myself or Scamp; tHe-Man was obviously going to be a suspect for today, so killing him would do no good for mafia, and a quick lynch is never good for town.

With my vote controlled, I feel that if Mayling is mafia and there is anyone gets one vote that isn't her, they'll die.

If there is an independent, we have lost if we don't kill them or mafia this round. I believe whoever is controlling the votes is independent or mafia; they controlled tHe-Man's vote earlier and made him hurt town by making him vote early. Be very, very careful with your votes. With someone controlling votes, it takes only two votes to lynch. If they live for the last day and control votes and are mafia or independent, they win hands down. Be careful with your votes.

I don't think a no lynch would be a good idea at all, but save your votes until we know what to do tomorrow.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
Overswarm, you just put suspicion on everyone but yourslf! You even said the-man was scum when he was like...SO TOWN!

Do me a favor. Claim. If you claim, I will claim. Seem like a fair exchange? And I promise with your claim, we'll find scum.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
OS why is Gheb clear? And then I want Gheb to answer that.

Upon re-read I don't think there is another indy any more. Also Gheb's current paranoia of an indy and scum working together to end the game is curious. Usually an indy is anti-mafia as well as anti-town. That's why they're indy. And it's not like they're talking to each other, so there's no way an indy would know OS's alignment.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Some indies win with either fraction and can hammer off anybody they want to.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yep that's called a survivor. And if there is one then they're better off helping the town at this point.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Also, in all honesty, I like the idea of OS claiming followed by Mayling. And then followed by KirbyYoshi.

But why do I get the feeling that KY is just going to get modkilled for inactivity and all will be moot?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS why is Gheb clear? And then I want Gheb to answer that.
tHe-Man is town
tHe-Man had a restriction saying he couldn't vote anything but a hammer, otherwise he'd have something bad happen to town
tHe-Man had his vote controlled by a third party
tHe-Man voted early
tHe-Man's punishment "wounded Gheb"
Gheb couldn't vote
Gheb's punishment came from tHe-Man
tHe-Man's punishment would only hurt town (otherwise it wouldn't be a punishment)
tHe-Man is town
Gheb is town

Also, in all honesty, I like the idea of OS claiming followed by Mayling. And then followed by KirbyYoshi.

But why do I get the feeling that KY is just going to get modkilled for inactivity and all will be moot?
I'll claim if you'd like, but I don't know if that's a good idea. My role is kind of tied with my ability; if we have a nurse, it may be that their role is tied with their ability. That makes them a prime mafia target, and that's bad. If you weren't lying about being protected before, we need the nurse alive for tomorrow if today isn't lynch or lose itself.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll claim if you'd like, but I don't know if that's a good idea. My role is kind of tied with my ability; if we have a nurse, it may be that their role is tied with their ability. That makes them a prime mafia target, and that's bad. If you weren't lying about being protected before, we need the nurse alive for tomorrow if today isn't lynch or lose itself.
what

We want the nurse alive no matter what, and the nurse is always prime mafia target, if they can find it.
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'my role is kind of tied with my ability'? Aren't they all?

You should go ahead and claim.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
tHe-Man is town
tHe-Man had a restriction saying he couldn't vote anything but a hammer, otherwise he'd have something bad happen to town
tHe-Man had his vote controlled by a third party
tHe-Man voted early
tHe-Man's punishment "wounded Gheb"
Gheb couldn't vote
Gheb's punishment came from tHe-Man
tHe-Man's punishment would only hurt town (otherwise it wouldn't be a punishment)
tHe-Man is town
Gheb is town
Now explain why Yeroc was scum again. Yeah, it's like that.

What if tHe-Man's punishment didn't only hurt town? What if it targeted a random person and that person was killed, but if it were a mafia then they're just wounded instead? That pretty much only hurts town, getting voteblocked for one day isn't really that big a deal IMO. Add to that the fact that tHe-Man made a huge deal out of the punishment and yeah...I'm not sure.

Though your train of thought makes sense, you're basing it on an ability that you don't know how it works. Heck, if it works like you say then tHe-Man should have voted a bunch of times and then everyone who was hit would be clear.

I highly doubt we're in lylo or mylo right now. If there is an indy out there, he doesn't seem to have the power to kill. Maybe there are two mafia left, but that seems like a lot for thirteen people. If there were that many, the town would have crazy good powers in order to compensate. I don't see that as the case.

I did, however, receive Ninjutsu Training from Yeroc at one point. It didn't tell me what it actually does, though. So I'll just try something.

Ninja: Rap

Overswarm

is laughing at you
what

We want the nurse alive no matter what, and the nurse is always prime mafia target, if they can find it.
Also, I'm not sure what you mean by 'my role is kind of tied with my ability'? Aren't they all?

You should go ahead and claim.
I don't think I'm much at risk if I claim, but I'm unsure if the others should claim. I don't want someone to be an obvious medic and get offed the next day. Knowing that Scamp couldn't be the medic if the medic can't protect themselves (common), it would make a much more narrow focus.

Scamp, do you still want me to claim?

I'll hit your post in a moment Scamp. Got a girly to talk to first ;)

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
I see what you mean. But I would still like you to claim.

Also, if you have a PR, target claim as well d1-d4.

I'll do the same.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Now explain why Yeroc was scum again. Yeah, it's like that.
The same reason everyone else did; I saw that Hilt had posted his picture of Rahzar and was offed for it. Yeroc claimed to have the same restriction and posted a picture of Tatsu. My thought was that for Yeroc to not be lying, he'd have to be Tokka, which would mean he was lying about his role for no reason if he was town. Thus, he'd have to be lying by throwing out a safe claim and being mafia.

I pointed this out and made the first vote; tHe-Man hammering him that soon was a pretty grievous error. I had originally thought tHe-Man or Yeroc were scum based on how they acted together, but was leaning towards tHe-Man because he kept throwing out accusations everywhere and then not following through, only to fall back on "everyone vote for Yeroc". When we saw Yeroc wasn't modkilled, I figured I had merely guessed wrong. After tHe-Man hammered Yeroc that quickly and Yeroc came up town, I considered tHe-Man to be an easy lynch, but then he was killed that night.

It didn't help Yeroc that he didn't really defend himself. If he had just originally said "I posted a different picture in than in my PM" it would have been much easier.

What if tHe-Man's punishment didn't only hurt town? What if it targeted a random person and that person was killed, but if it were a mafia then they're just wounded instead? That pretty much only hurts town, getting voteblocked for one day isn't really that big a deal IMO. Add to that the fact that tHe-Man made a huge deal out of the punishment and yeah...I'm not sure.

Though your train of thought makes sense, you're basing it on an ability that you don't know how it works. Heck, if it works like you say then tHe-Man should have voted a bunch of times and then everyone who was hit would be clear.
I had not considered this. I need to go look at tHe-Man posts.

Scamp/Gheb, do you still want me to claim my role? How much information do you want, and what can we gain from this?

Gheb, can I get your thoughts on the remaining players?

I highly doubt we're in lylo or mylo right now. If there is an indy out there, he doesn't seem to have the power to kill. Maybe there are two mafia left, but that seems like a lot for thirteen people. If there were that many, the town would have crazy good powers in order to compensate. I don't see that as the case.

I did, however, receive Ninjutsu Training from Yeroc at one point. It didn't tell me what it actually does, though. So I'll just try something.

Ninja: Rap[/QUOTE]

Overswarm

is laughing at you
EBWOP: Oops, I messed up the quote part above >_>

I also received ninjitsu training, but I don't know what that does. I wasn't really given a hint in my PM and it hasn't seemed to do anything good for me.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Votes:

D1

Chill (7) - Gheb_01, Overswarm, McFox, Hilt, Scamp, Kirbyoshi, tHe-Man
tHe-Man (1) - Ignatius
McFox (1) - KevinM
KevinM (1) - Chill

Not Voting
Dastrn, Mayling, Yeroc

D2

Final Day 2 - Vote Count
KevinM (1) - Dastrn
Dastrn (1) - KevinM
tHe-Man (1) - Yeroc
Kirbyoshi (2) - Scamp, Overswarm
Yeroc (4) - Gheb_01, Hilt, Mayling, tHe-Man

Not Voting
Kirbyoshi

D3

Hilt kills himself

D4

Yeroc- Overswarm, Gheb (Scamp then posts saying "don't quick lynch"), Mayling, tHe-Man

What Scamp has recently said about Gheb's being wounded makes me want to rethink things. I have to check back a few posts to see if I can find any clues that can help me confirm Gheb being town, knowing that tHe-Man was town now.

I find Mayling's series of actions to be suspicious in general, as well as her instant aggression. I think this is particularly interesting:

Kirbyoshi (2) - Scamp, Overswarm
Yeroc (4) - Gheb_01, Hilt, Mayling, tHe-Man

Yeroc- Overswarm, Gheb (Scamp then posts saying "don't quick lynch"), Mayling, tHe-Man

Not sure what that means yet, but knowing that I myself am town and seeing Mayling vote for Yeroc one day with no lynch, then quick lynch the next day, is unsettling.

Additionally unsettling is Scamp's claim of being protected by a nurse and being the only one all game, asking people to claim, and then casting suspicion on the one person who everyone thought was guaranteed town with only a "what if?". It's a strong "what if", but from a mafia perspective it's a strong move that helps prevent a lynch which is not what town wants. If I can guarantee Gheb is town, Scamp earns a spotlight.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you have a power role that targets another person, I'm asking you to name who you targeted.

Mayling

BRoomer
BRoomer
with OS's RC these are the possible outcomes

1) we will be able to clear each other and look much more town
2) OS's RC will not make sense and be scumb
3) my RC will not make sense and I'll be scum
4) I guess supposedly we could both be scum and cooked up this scheme to make ourselves look valid

One way or another it'll only benefit.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you have a power role that targets another person, I'm asking you to name who you targeted.
My ability is twofold. I can target someone but I get practically no information for doing so and it has no affect on them; since early game I have been using the more powerful version which relates only to me and doesn't target other players.

I'm not particularly comfortable with claiming any more than that without a mass claim from all of us.

Keep in mind someone is controlling my vote. This does not sound like a town-related power to me, and it's been used on me twice in a row now.

It's very frustrating to me to have a lot pointing at both Mayling and Kirby Yoshi, only to have recent developments look like Scamp is preparing himself for the last day as mafia and Gheb no longer being cleared. Looking back at Gheb's posts knowing who is and isn't mafia makes me wonder about him more, too.

I still have a lot of this thread left to re-read, but I'll come back with it all later.

Top Bottom