• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might V! Cleveland, OH May 30th!

King~

Smash Champion
Fun time

melee so far

3. Camper bob
4.K***
5.Ugean
5.sionnach
7.Slarti
7.Beegs

GF being played right now between 1der and impp

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I got 7th :D beating Colomaya? ArgentStew, then ITT... Losing to AZ then Blue Rogue..

Good **** Q i had fun with the friendlies and Thanks a ton for the tips AZ helped me win.
Grats beegs on 5th, good games Blue Rogue. Finally got my revenge on Argentstew and ITT!!

Thanks to Sole for giving me the ride, and thanks guys for waiting up for me when I came late.

Fun Melee tourney and Brawl. Falco400 good seeing u, and King Beef, fun friendlies Jokey.. Everybody who I played with that made it fun for me thanks :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Good **** Q....On another note...The God Kais Went to a Local Tournament...I got 1st winning $110, Infern Got 2nd winning $77, and Smash got 3rd winning 33 dollars...Yay I still played brawl and won money even though I didn't get to go to the other tournaments...
GJ not telling me about it >:[

hogging all the monies for yoself

Suyon

Smash Lord
Oh man that was a fun tournament. I still am a sad panda from the match against Wakka you lucky *******! I still can't believe how that ended.
And god **** Cavs you Lost. LeBron leave Cleveland because it sucks or get better teammates (if that's ever possible).

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Oh man that was a fun tournament. I still am a sad panda from the match against Wakka you lucky *******! I still can't believe how that ended.
And god **** Cavs you Lost. LeBron leave Cleveland because it sucks or get better teammates (if that's ever possible).
GG wakka? what happened?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
OS needs to get his number in my cell phone so I can tell him about last minute, horribly run, local tournaments.

The God Kais lucked out. I had to leave to go to my nephew's birthday party halfway through.

Eddy still owes me $16.

-Sionnach-

Smash Rookie
Though I didn't play any Brawl, I still had a really fun time playing endless Melee friendlies with whoever. Watching Rogue representin' Canton in Brawl was awesome too. [:

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1) Quivo (Toon Link)
2) AZ (Diddy Kong)
3) Nope (Snake)
4) Blue Rogue (Wario)
5) Beegs (Marth)
5) King Beef (Peach)
7) Argent (Lucario)
7) BallistaBoy (Diddy Kong)

36 Entrants

wakka444

Smash Ace
yup no mks up there bc no mks were actually better players, the results reflect the skill
MK not banworthy=P

ggs all shoutouts later bed now

Framerate

Smash Lord
Best tourney results ever.

Could use more Jokey though.

Bout **** time Quivo!

Also B-boy destroyed :D

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
LeBron better not leave Cleveland... He's practically our only chance at a championship... The Indians and Browns have shown themselves to be some pretty sorry organizations...

This tourney was just what I needed... I had a ton of fun and got a little confidence boost on the side... I just had to get over a couple obstacles...and not try so hard... Now I just hope my lack of job and school situation doesn't get in the way of going to more tourneys... :/

M@v

Subarashii!
LeBron better not leave Cleveland... He's practically our only chance at a championship... The Indians and Browns have shown themselves to be some pretty sorry organizations...

This tourney was just what I needed... I had a ton of fun and got a little confidence boost on the side... I just had to get over a couple obstacles...and not try so hard... Now I just hope my lack of job and school situation doesn't get in the way of going to more tourneys... :/
Don't rely on wifi to measure how good you are ;). Its these tourneys what count.

I did decent at this, I wanted to get top 10, but oh well. I was cleaning house in Brawl+ though :D

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Don't rely on wifi to measure how good you are ;). Its these tourneys what count.
I don't... My last few tourneys didn't go well...

On wifi, I feel like I need a good rating to play against the good players... Particularly in the ladder... I don't know... :/

Skyson

Smash Ace
SSB64 friendlies: the greatest stuff ever. Camperbob and your drillrests: not so great. It was really annoying as hell knowing that there was little to be done but try and jump higher, which nobody really could do except maybe Falcon. Silly stuff. Still, it was fun for what it was. Wish more people would have come around to play.

Melee friendlies all day loooooooooooong. Melee is great stuff. I ****ed up big time at the tournament. Not enough people for a good bracket. First round against Camperbob? OH JOY. Losers bracket against the kid who ITT paid for? I shut my eyes and 3-stocked him. Next round, as expected, I have to play someone who I rode up to the place with, no one less than Sionnach. Auto-lose. Grand. Everyone that I played Melee friendlies with was generally interesting. Low-tier + Marth doubles with Beegs was cool too. xD

The Brawl part of this tournament was hilarious. Metaknight is broken and potentially banworthy. I only played because I had some money to blow and I knocked legitamitely good players out of the brackets with relatively no skill at this game whatsoever; I basically just banked on Metaknight being ridiculously good, and I either won my matches or drew them to the last stock with about 80% on the other player. It was hilarious.

Anyone who played doubles against me and Blue Rogue can attest to the fact that he was literally carrying the team. Whoever he took on, 2 on 1, and won against was hilarious, he was amazing for his first Brawl tournament.

I almost edged out a win against that Pikachu player that I played right off the gate; sadly, a horribly-smash DI'd combo using a super lucky dsmash -> thunder KO won you the third game. Good stuff. The Falco that finally knocked me out (Kawaii iirc) was really good too. Lol surviving around 240% on Final Destination. gogogo fsmash?

This was a good tournament, many thanks to the hosts. It was good to see Blue Rogue take 4th place at his first Brawl tournament. A whole lot of potential there, and I really thought he was gonna go Sonic for the whole thing. =(

jokey665

Smash Ace
The Brawl part of this tournament was hilarious. Metaknight is broken and potentially banworthy
That's why there wasn't a single MK in the top 8, right? And that's also why an MK didn't win Apex, right? As much as I hate MK (which is a lot, ask just about anybody who knows me), he's never going to get banned because he's not broken enough to get banned. If he was, every tournament would have an MK winning.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That's why there wasn't a single MK in the top 8, right? And that's also why an MK didn't win Apex, right? As much as I hate MK (which is a lot, ask just about anybody who knows me), he's never going to get banned because he's not broken enough to get banned. If he was, every tournament would have an MK winning.
Those are unfair standards to abide by if you ask me. Of course the character is not going to win every single tournament, but that shouldn't be the requirement necessary to deem a character as broken or not. Banworthy imo is still up in the air, but broken...definitely.

Also, just remember that there were no noteworthy MK players from Ohio/out of state at this tournament. OS couldn't make it, BYAA! didn't show, etc. Not to mention a good handful of the players in the top 8 at this thing know how to play the MK matchup very well with their respective characters. No random MK was going to take any money in this tournament, I was already sure of that before it even began. It was the WHOBO situation, only backwards (other chars/no MK).

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I used MK in one game in singles and two games in doubles... I know Bboy used MK at least once as well... I wanted to test and see how it would work... I think I only won one game of doubles out of the three I played with MK...

Some of my other characters are potentially better after working on them just as much or even less... I haven't seen anything that says he's worthy of a ban...yet... :p

jokey665

Smash Ace
Those are unfair standards to abide by if you ask me. Of course the character is not going to win every single tournament, but that shouldn't be the requirement necessary to deem a character as broken or not. Banworthy imo is still up in the air, but broken...definitely.

Also, just remember that there were no noteworthy MK players from Ohio/out of state at this tournament. OS couldn't make it, BYAA! didn't show, etc. Not to mention a good handful of the players in the top 8 at this thing know how to play the MK matchup very well with their respective characters. No random MK was going to take any money in this tournament, I was already sure of that before it even began. It was the WHOBO situation, only backwards (other chars/no MK).
Still doesn't explain why an MK didn't win at Apex even though M2K was there.

Impp

Smash Ace
1der good stuff taking melee. Your tech skill was flawless, and you caught on to all my tricks real quick. If you keep coming to tournaments, I could see you becoming a top player.

Awesome tourney. Good matches all around. The melee turnout was better than I expected. I might do shout outs later.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why is this somehow a Brawl-Melee debate all-of-a-sudden?

Sky, what legitimately "good" players did you knock out of the bracket?

Impp

Smash Ace
It was:
1. 1der
2. me
3. Camper Bob
4. Steve
5.Ugean
5.sionnach
7.Slarti
7.Beegs

16 people entered.

I think he went Marth mostly... That's who he was beating me with.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Skyson said:
The Brawl part of this tournament was hilarious. Metaknight is broken and potentially banworthy. I only played because I had some money to blow and I knocked legitamitely good players out of the brackets with relatively no skill at this game whatsoever; I basically just banked on Metaknight being ridiculously good, and I either won my matches or drew them to the last stock with about 80% on the other player. It was hilarious.
TYM5 Results said:
17: Pyon!
17: M@V
17: Jokey
17: Newbreeze
17: Sole
17: L
17: Colaya
17: Gibby
25: Impp
25: Denzi
25: Glov
25: Ridlr
25: Ugean
25: Skyson
25: Nick
25: Timssu
33: Jamc
33: Jim
33: Alus
33: John Davis
Nice work taking people out of brackets.

Also, I'm 2-0 versus Camper Bob in Melee from back in the day.

Skyson

Smash Ace
Why is this somehow a Brawl-Melee debate all-of-a-sudden?

Sky, what legitimately "good" players did you knock out of the bracket?
Nice work taking people out of brackets.

K. "Taking out of brackets" was wrong. I took one person out, some random Marth player that I blew away completely.

The losses I was handed, though, were nothing like they should have been from a skill standpoint. I shouldn't have made it sound like (or directly said) that I was dominating/winning my match-ups.

What I was getting at is the factor of how close all of my matches came to me because I was playing MK, coupled with the fact that I only chose him for laughs and to make up for the fact that I haven't played Brawl in, um, 5~6 months?

When I said "legitimately good" I didn't mean top ranked Brawl players who have made a name for themselves like yourself, AZ. :/ I meant that the people I played against were using other characters and playing them at a very respectable level. The Pikachu and Falco that beat me were very good players, but I never got blown away because I was simply able to keep up at all times with Metaknight. I didn't feel like I had to really do anything skill-wise (since I had no concept of skill in Brawl, having not played it for so long) to keep up with players who were putting their best efforts forward.

Maybe it sounds like bragging, but I was merely trying to emphasize how broken I thought Metaknight felt like when I was playing him on a competitive level for the first time. I could be entirely wrong; maybe if I had played someone on a much higher level (such as the one giving me the most **** about what I've already posted) I would've been 3-stocked again and again, and rightfully so. It's a negative outlook on Metaknight as a character, but I'm glad to see a top 8 that wasn't touched by his cheapness.

tl;dr: I expected last place and did way better than expected because I put my character button on Metaknight during my bracket matches. >_>

Top Bottom