• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Test Your Might V! Cleveland, OH May 30th!

Skyson

Smash Ace
I might finally get to play Beegs since the long-awaited match-up since the setting up of the Stepup forums? Oh god, how many years ago was THAT? <_<

Suyon

Smash Lord
Well to those who are getting sick of brawl. I shall introduce you to Guilty Gear Accent Core if you're interested. I won't bring it either if people don't want me to lol since this is smash. But if I bring it I hope I don't have to bring my own wii since I'm that lazy.
Also Backpaw is no longer attending.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Well to those who are getting sick of brawl. I shall introduce you to Guilty Gear Accent Core if you're interested. I won't bring it either if people don't want me to lol since this is smash. But if I bring it I hope I don't have to bring my own wii since I'm that lazy.
Sorry, I can't stand 'traditional' fighting games, they bore the crap out of me.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, all... I apologize for my comments and my recently gloomy and flip-floppy attitude... I'm feeling a little depressed... Having no job and the feeling that I've lost control of my school situation is giving me a lack of confidence in myself... If I can forget it and have some fun, I'm OK... But Brawl has just been more frustrating than fun for me lately...

I've been thinking about it and If I'm feeling any better, I'll pre-reg tomorrow... This tourney is barely an hour away from me anyway... Please don't ask me for rides this time though... As much as I should probably make things easier for everyone, I would feel much better if I could leave when I felt like it...

But I'm not giving up on Brawl... I refuse to just give up because I feel sorry for myself... You better not give up either, KB... :p

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So, I dunno if I'm going to this.

>_>

It's like 6 hours away and I'm just meh about going to begin with, not counting the number of people dropping, lack of sleep places, and AZ potentially not having a ride. >_>

Nope could team with you AZ, if you go. Shugo as well, if Q isn't going (cincinnati parents?)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I'm not going to give up on it yet Argent, lol.

Although, if all goes wrong and I get frustrated at Brawl, I'll still have the wonderful Melee to play...finally...

<3 Melee. :)

Nope

Smash Lord
I might be the only one coming from springfield so lou I might meet you in cbus and we can carpool from there?
this still stands at the moment so Fonz, Lou, Capem, Champ and Cake will not be attending. I'm still trying to work out ride situations. AZ if I can probably get you a ride so I'll call you tom to talk about it

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
@ Falco400: dude, don't worry you're almost walking distance to the venue. We can pick you up.

@ everyone who's thinking of dropping last second: WTF?

Pools have been re-done. If less than 40 people show up I'll just do straight brackets. This is because if there are <40 people, some pools will only have 4 players which would be unfair. I've played at least a few matches with almost every single person in attendance and I've also seen your tournament results so seeding for a bracket shouldn't really be a problem.

If someone is passing through or could go out of their way to pass through either Cadis or Elyria OH I'll throw some gas money at you to pick up BYAA or Shugo. Cadiz is eastern OH, and Elyria is northwest OH.

BRING SETUPS!

solecalibur

Smash Master
Bboy and I are only going to be able to attend singles as bboy has some class and i'm bringing my wii set up brawl texture hacks but doesnt affect game play as most ppl know I'll be recording as well (hopefuly finalys so I can post it on youtube)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
You play ROB, right, Jokey? I've had some success with ROB as my teammate... I can partner up with ya if ya want...

Skyson

Smash Ace
Alright, I'm able to go now. slartibartfast, looking at you to be my ride. 9:00 at Panera's is okay with me, if you have the room.

I'll play all three if possible. Brawl singles, Brawl doubles (would need a partner) and Melee singles.

I'll be fresh with graduation party money, so I'll even have some to blow on MMs, lolol.

So, count me in, unless I need to pre-reg or whatnot.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
OS: I'm coming. You better come to. I'm coming because you are coming and you are coming because I am coming. Understand? Good. Now lets destroy people in teams.

Quivo says he is like 80% sure he is going.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
yeah someone should pick me and my friend up... cuz if itt cant pick us up i doubt ill be able to go and that would make me very sad D:

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
EDIT: Shugo, PM me your location, I'll try to pick you up if it's not out of the way.

I play and will probably be bringing my own copy. I'm not that good though. I play baiken and testament.

Sorry, I can't stand 'traditional' fighting games, they bore the crap out of me.
Guilty gear is anything but boring. Each character has a very small amount of moves that require you to remember a specific input, most of them are just a direction and a button like smash, so the learning curve for the moves isn't that big (it is for the combos though). The game mechanics of guilty gear make it so that the best option with most characters is to continuously approach, making games very fast paced. I'm sure if you took the time to learn to play well you wouldn't find it boring.
especially compared to brawl
Alright, I'm able to go now. slartibartfast, looking at you to be my ride. 9:00 at Panera's is okay with me, if you have the room.

I'll play all three if possible. Brawl singles, Brawl doubles (would need a partner) and Melee singles.

I'll be fresh with graduation party money, so I'll even have some to blow on MMs, lolol.

So, count me in, unless I need to pre-reg or whatnot.
Why don't you team with Blue Rouge? Also, of course I have room. Paneras at 9 then, try to be early because the earlier we leave the more friendlies we get. I'll talk to you about it at your grad party... Except you'll read this post after it's over because I believe it has already started, lol.

King~

Smash Champion
oh yea beegs are yall comin up tonight or what????

im beating every sonic that comes nuff said

also as precaution(aka if i do have time) i would like to enter doubles anyone wanna team?

nope?? Argent?? Jokey??? Suyon???? anyone?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
It's over a 6 hour drive for me >_>

I just feel like sitting this one out. Some family is going to be in town this weekend and I haven't seen my own family since I graduated despite living in their home. I was originally planning on coming, but my car would now be me and smash64 alone and people are dropping like flies for this. Numbers are a big thing for me, and the prize money for this doesn't really entice me to come >_>

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
OS I planned on Coming to....I wanted to go to Sloth If i could get a ride But it's looking like I can't so I was planning on riding with you all to TYM...But I understand if you wasn't aware....since i didn't make it clear. But yeah...If you decide to change your mind about going...just call me or something of the sort...

Revven

FrankerZ
@ Falco400: dude, don't worry you're almost walking distance to the venue. We can pick you up.
It sounded like you didn't really feel like it, but, alright. :p (I did actually figure it'd be easy to because I'm practically on the way there =\). What time should I expect you to be picking me up?

also as precaution(aka if i do have time) i would like to enter doubles anyone wanna team?

nope?? Argent?? Jokey??? Suyon???? anyone?
Me? I lack a partner. Completely up to you though. It'll just mean I'll need extra cash haha.

Kawaiiness

Smash Rookie
L and I are sill coming and we're also bringing my brother Ugean for certain. Just to update everyone on our status.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So in other words I don't have a partner?

Hmm...

Well, if Shugo doesn't go, Quivo, you wanna revive Diddy/Toon Link?

lain

Smash Master
Good luck ITT. Just remember to keep it cool and play smartsies! I was watching you **** 2nd best in MD/VA until you slipped, you can do it. React to and control them.

:] BOWLS

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Also, hope I can see the Cavs beat the Magics somehow.
I'd say they have a good chance of taking the series if they win in Orlando tomorrow...but then again they have to win in Orlando... :/

This game's going on during the tourney tomorrow, isn't it?

M@v

Subarashii!
yup.

Also, if you could swing by cadiz on the way and pick up BYAA and possibly DeaD, it'll be extra gas money and you can get your revenge on him. Otherwise I don't think cadiz is gonna make it.
im already driving 2 and a half hours early in the morning, and it also isnt my gas. D:

Top Bottom