• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Texture and Vertex Hack Database & How-to Thread

AfroThunderRule

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm just a newb, but where do you put all those fancy new affects like Pikachu's Red Thunder and R.O.Bs color changed Lazor.....

I dunno why, but somehow I fell the answer is right in my face and I can't get it. <__<

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Maybe I'm just a newb, but where do you put all those fancy new affects like Pikachu's Red Thunder and R.O.Bs color changed Lazor.....

I dunno why, but somehow I fell the answer is right in my face and I can't get it. <__<
you put them in their folders. they should be FitPikachu.pac and something motionetc. just put them both (if you have both, otherwise just the one) into the character folder where you wuld have the textures normally be.

TEECO

Smash Ace
It's so annoying finding a cool texture that has a little logo that ruins it completely >___>

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
It's extremely frustrating trying to figure out which texture of theirs belongs to who sometimes. I've seen a Jimmy T, Balrog, and 9-volt that I'd like to try, but they don't update it so it makes sense, or is easily found.

I wish that all smash texture sites were as simple as Stack Smash.

*Texture* *Character it belongs to* *Download link*

Not MediaFire links in random orders, where I HOPE to find the ****ed texture.

Another thing I find frustrating is that some of the best textures I've seen that come from Kittycorp, or whichever the first site is, aren't available for download, even though new ones appear =(

I really want the Chill Penquin Dedede and Gutsman DK =(

mofo_

Smash Ace
It's extremely frustrating trying to figure out which texture of theirs belongs to who sometimes. I've seen a Jimmy T, Balrog, and 9-volt that I'd like to try, but they don't update it so it makes sense, or is easily found.

I wish that all smash texture sites were as simple as Stack Smash.

*Texture* *Character it belongs to* *Download link*

Not MediaFire links in random orders, where I HOPE to find the ****ed texture.

Another thing I find frustrating is that some of the best textures I've seen that come from Kittycorp, or whichever the first site is, aren't available for download, even though new ones appear =(

I really want the Chill Penquin Dedede and Gutsman DK =(
well if the downoad is in .rar format, then it might tell you what char its for when u download it...or look through the posts and then you'll see what character it's for. Theyre probably too lazy/don't know how to put it in an organized fashion on their site.

On Kittycorp, the users dont have to put up download links. In fact, nobody is required to put up download links.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
I've tried downloading in hopes of the files being named something like: FitGanon*Balrog*00.pcs or in hopes of finding read mes, but none of them are like that =P I don't even know where their forum is at. I've looked around a bit, but I can't seem to find it.

That kinda sucks that some people post without the download. What's the point of showing it then? It's a texture site so we may use them too =(

Twilight Sora XIII

Smash Rookie
Hello everybody! This is actually my first post on Smash Boards, so bare with me if I seem...noobish at all. Over the past couple of weeks, I have been lurking Smash Boards and learning how to work with brawl textures, CSPs, and the like. As I was getting more and more textures, I started to get annoyed at the fact that most textures had no CSPs to accompany them.

So I learned how to make my own, and wound up making at least three or four new ones for each new texture I downloaded. So I figured, why not share the wealth? All of these are different textures from the CSP collection on the front page, except for a few of the individual Pokemon Trainer ones. Here's a link to the download.

Enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C7DA23W0

TEECO

Smash Ace
what do you mean? what texture is that
I cant tell you one specifically, but I know I've downloaded at least two or three that had some sort of logo or cartoon that ruined it.

I got this cool looking Falco one but on the back it had a little anime character o_O?

And the pedo-chu. The thing on his tail.

You mean strap screens? If it really bothers you, just open the .pac and erase the logo yourself, strap screens are very straightforward.

Nah I'm not talking about the strap screens.
I kinda want one though, but I don't know where to put the file.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's so annoying finding a cool texture that has a little logo that ruins it completely >___>
what do you mean? what texture is that
I've seen a few textures that have logos shown on the texture parts. OizenX's Meta Uchiha has the logo on the foot, and Theresearchguy's Flygon Charizard has the logo on a certain part of Charizard's body.

I guess that's done to show people that those textures are theirs, and to not claim them as your own.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I'm gonna wait with that one until they actually start posting a good deal of textures before they qualify, I don't want to clog the OP with virtually nonexistent sites. Thanks for scouting all these out!

stickman

Smash Apprentice
just an update for Power Nation, the roster has been cleaned up very nicely and has been renamed to "\PN/ Hacks"
(I fixed it :) )

TEECO

Smash Ace
partition 2>menu>strap>StrapXx.pac

replace Xx with your region/language
En - English
Fr - French
etc.
Wait, sorry I'm still a little confused.

For the record, I live in the US.

It would be
SD Root> Private> Wii> App> RSBE pf> partion 2> menu> strap> StrapEn.pac

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Wait, sorry I'm still a little confused.

For the record, I live in the US.

It would be
SD Root> Private> Wii> Apps> RSBE pf> partion 2> menu> strap> StrapEn.pac
this:
X:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\menu\strap\StrapEn.pac

I wasn't sure if you were going to burn these, so i gave the disk location instead of the sd loader version before

and in the sd path, it is "app" not "apps"

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
a buddy of mine sent me the whole setup, but i put different textures in, the textures work (eg phazon suit for samus, naked snake) during gameplay, but how does one go about setting up the portraits for character select screen??

stickman

Smash Apprentice
a buddy of mine sent me the whole setup, but i put different textures in, the textures work (eg phazon suit for samus, naked snake) during gameplay, but how does one go about setting up the portraits for character select screen??
they are in common5.pac you can make your own csp's (character selection portraits) with CUPASH by Marc

EDIT: the file is located in /system/common5.pac

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Does anyone know where I can find a Lolo texture for Kirby?
The one in ESH isn't uploaded yet.
The one in the Kitty Corp. database has it's link broken.
The one on Dairantou Glitchforce made a Lala but not a Lolo.
Grrr... I can't find a download of it anywhere, :mad: even though like 17 people made it. Can anyone help me?

It looks like this btw.

patoons

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Patoons
they are in common5.pac you can make your own csp's (character selection portraits) with CUPASH by Marc
oh, that sux, i only wanted to edit snake and samus, does that mean i'd have to do every characters CSP all over again? can you edit the common5 to only a few characters?

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
oh, that sux, i only wanted to edit snake and samus, does that mean i'd have to do every characters CSP all over again? can you edit the common5 to only a few characters?
You can just Snake's and Samus's CSP files then. If you leave the ones you don't want out, it'll just keep those CSPs they current way they are in Brawl.

I also think CUPASH has a higher success chance when you edit less CSP files...

stickman

Smash Apprentice
you can edit just them. the cupash is very flexible where it can let you keep updating it with new files when you add them. the only thing is though, that you have to find the right csp to swap yours with, which can take a while

SRTM

Smash Ace
are there any huge texture packs available?
I'm tired of downloading individual ones.
The official nightly one is too small.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
I really doubt you'll like this, but you could try my texture pack, hehe.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=444c85bdd201a9a9d956df2962098fcbe04e75f6e8ebb871
Everything's in the pf folder. If you want to take a peek at what I have first, there's a Character files.txt file in there somewhere that tells what each pcs file is. I had to seperate the fighter folder into three because it went over MediaFire's 100 MB limit. They all still go in the fighter folder though.
I have character textures, stage textures, item textures, CSPs, and menu edits. The whole thing is 503 MB big.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You can download my personal texture pack from the Kitty Corp. forums. The texture pack download is inside the thread link below; the download link changes as the texture pack gets updated.

http://kittycorpforum.xtreemhost.com/index.php?topic=114.0

Note: You need to have CUPASH on your computer in order to use the portrait files that are included in the texture pack download.

I'm also constructing a Texture Mega Pack, but it's not available for download yet; I'm still looking for a few more textures for certain characters before I finally do release it to the public.

Top Bottom