• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Isn't it funny that most of the code problems are related to European Wiis? It's times like this when it feels good to have a North American Wii in your possession.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I get everything except that I can't find where to download the textures, I looks on both the links but I don't see any download links D:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
My Wii version is 3.3E pal and when I launch with Gecko the screen becom black and nothing works
please help for texture hack
Post in the Generic Q&A thread. Or if you had read it, you would have realized this is THE most common error of anyone using Ocarina or GeckOS, and its because people don't read the fact that you have to remove your GC memory cards.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
My Wii version is 3.3E pal and when I launch with Gecko the screen becom black and nothing works
please help for texture hack
Is your Wii date set correctly? Last time my date was like 2035 and Gecko froze for some reason.

Msingh0

Smash Apprentice
something weird happened, and my homebrew channel was deleted from my wii, I suggest not using wii connect 24 EVER. I treid to use the shop channel to update my internet browser, and i went back to the menu and hbc was gone. the only way to get it back was to install it the old fashioned way.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
something weird happened, and my homebrew channel was deleted from my wii, I suggest not using wii connect 24 EVER. I treid to use the shop channel to update my internet browser, and i went back to the menu and hbc was gone. the only way to get it back was to install it the old fashioned way.
ya, u r not supposed 2 update the Wii.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
This question has probably been asked a bajillion times. x_x

Where do we put Kirby hat textures in the SD Card and what do we name it as?

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Hm... My CSPs are acting up. I think that's the problem, at least. Whenever I attempt to enter the CSS, my game freezes. I'm assuming it's the common5.pac or .brres files, because my game runs perfectly when I remove them from my SD card. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Well I'm back to making custom textures again after lacking the HBC for over a month, and I've been very pleased with the File Replacement v2.1a code; my Wii is North American by the way.

So far, I haven't seen any freezing relating to anything besides Bowser.

Apemasta'

Smash Cadet
Are you using custom CSP's??
Yes, as I have for a while. A couple days ago, I downloaded a few new textures and made CSPs for them. The .tga files went through Step2.bat in CUPASH fine, but I can't access the CSS anymore.

I've been told that if there were a problem with the common5.pac, the game would freeze at the Strap Loader, so I'm assuming the .brres files are somehow faulty?

rinoH

Smash Lord
That's not going to work, the box of codes in the plussery thread are just the codes for the set, not the ones that got in the /codes/ folder. I seem to be having to same problem. Perhaps someone who has .gct file that lodes both brawl and textures could load it somewhere and post it for download. Any help would be appreciated.
yeah that would be great cuz i have no idea how to use the code manager thing right and when i do i have too many lines

Marufuji Ryo

Smash Apprentice
Haha oops, it seems I was talking about the wrong files.

I downloaded a set of texture hacks with tga files, I assume they have already been converted so all I have to do is add them to a folder, my question is what folder?

I got png files as well, should I delete them or keep them?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Haha oops, it seems I was talking about the wrong files.

I downloaded a set of texture hacks with tga files, I assume they have already been converted so all I have to do is add them to a folder, my question is what folder?

I got png files as well, should I delete them or keep them?
YOU PUT CSP'S THROUGH CSPTOOLS. I am talking about the exact same thing. Your Wii doesn't read .tga's. When you put them through, you will get:

common5.pac
A ****load of .brres's. Enjoy

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
Stupid question but what are the emerald textures? The Fit(char.)Dark textures? I opened Dedede's up in ASH and found it the same as his normal costume.

walter01

Smash Cadet
i have the dark sheik and dark zelda textures both set to the black and white costumes and whenever i try to transform my game freezes, any one know why this would happen? i have both files in each folder and theyre named properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom