• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Textures now possible without ISO Hacking! (File Patch v3.5.1, fixes info.pac problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk102393

Smash Rookie
So I should put the loader and the file replacer gct in the codes folder and B+ in the pf folder?

~CPU~

Smash Apprentice
You have to have the loader code named RSBE01.gct in the codes folder, and in the pf folder you need the other code.

This is called a double .gct

For some reason, I have only gotten it to work with GeckOS 1.07 but since 1.9.0.1 allows 8000 lines, I honestly dont mind much :)
it doesnt work when i put the b+ hack in the codes folder and the other one in the pf folder only the one in the codes folder works

gaph2000

Smash Cadet
I can't get this to work using USB loaders. I've tried multiple loaders, and my SD card is set up perfectly. What Am I doing wrong?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Can someone show me a good guide to Character Portraits? ive been wanting to do it forever. I have tgas but idk what to do with them

BlargCow

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how to do this. I have a brawl+ gct file called RSBE01. The textures are also called RSBE01. How do you have both Brawl+ and textures?

Flan

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how to do this. I have a brawl+ gct file called RSBE01. The textures are also called RSBE01. How do you have both Brawl+ and textures?
Yeah, I'm wondering the exact same thing if you can get both codesets to work.

Also, its not working for me. I've followed everything step by step but it still doesn't load my textures.

and when you say "FitCaptain01", where does the "Fit" come from?

Speller188

Smash Rookie
Ah, ok. Thanks.

By the way, some character texture files I have downloaded include a TrueVision TGA image file along with the standard .pcs and .pac file.

Is this image file necessary? how so?

I deleted some before...:(

EDIT: The image file seems to have to do with the transparency of the character. Opening the file reveals the character surrounded by the standard "magenta" color used for transparencies.

But I'm unsure whether or not the file is used for reference or actual in-game data...

EDIT2:

I noticed.

Lucario
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Light Blue
05-White
3 was omitted. Intentionally?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
No it is not necessary, to get these to work you have to output them through CSPTools which allows you to edit character images, for the character select screen, the finishing screen, and the results screen.

Speller188

Smash Rookie
No it is not necessary, to get these to work you have to output them through CSPTools which allows you to edit character images, for the character select screen, the finishing screen, and the results screen.
Thanks again.:bee:

I also asked another question. As for Lucario...?

Lucario
00-Original
01-Red
02-Green
04-Light Blue
05-White
3 was omitted. Intentionally?

Flan

Smash Journeyman
nvm my problem, I figured out that I spelled fighter without the "t". I feel like such an idiot. Thanks for the guide though, really helped me figure out what to do.

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
There should be a place to copy and paste your codes.

Click Add New/Comment/Whatever, type in a name, copy and paste the code. Then click it to select that code.
I did that, but when I loaded the game it didn't load Brawl+ OR the texture codes, even though Gecko said applying codes.

Zujira

Smash Apprentice
Quick question regarding transformations. My red texture Zelda transforms perfectly into my red texture Sheik. My red texture sheik freezes the game when I try to transform with her. Whose PAC file do I fix? Sheik's or Zelda's?

Also, I can't get Bowser's textures to work at all. The file name IS FitKoopa0x.pcs, right?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Quick question regarding transformations. My red texture Zelda transforms perfectly into my red texture Sheik. My red texture sheik freezes the game when I try to transform with her. Whose PAC file do I fix? Sheik's or Zelda's?

Also, I can't get Bowser's textures to work at all. The file name IS FitKoopa0x.pcs, right?
I would think Zelda's. ....

My Samus transforms into regular Zamus, and I have no idea where to get the PAC files to get the transformation to work...

(It's the "terminator" Samus/Zamus ones)

Wouldn't mind some help :s

Zujira

Smash Apprentice

My Samus transforms into regular Zamus, and I have no idea where to get the PAC files to get the transformation to work...

That one didn't come with a pac file, so you can either take a PAC/PCS from another samus/zss and set all your transformations to that, make a PAC file yourself, or just have them transform into their basic attire.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice

Put the pcs file through lz77ex, and rename the .pcs.out file to .pac.

Acedude55

Smash Ace
DUDES, im having problems with the stage textures :(, I've made a folder for each stage, and properly named them, then, i got the texture for the stage i wanted (lets say BF) I put it in the folder and it was named STGBATTLEFIELD.pac. Is there something im doing wrong? Heres the adress thingy F:\private\wii\APP\RSBE\pf\Stage\melee\STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The guide is wrong/misleading. Brawl stages aren't supposed to be inside "melee" folder, just inside /stage/

The OP is just an extraction of a guide that used Green Greens as a reference. It's out of context.

.:Dimentio:.

Smash Rookie
The guide is wrong/misleading. Brawl stages aren't supposed to be inside "melee" folder, just inside /stage/

The OP is just an extraction of a guide that used Green Greens as a reference. It's out of context.
Actually they are suppose to be in the Melee folder.

Mine is private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/Stage/Melee

I have 7 Brawl stages and 1 Melee stage in there and all of them work.

Are you sure you have all the codes on for the textures to work, Acedude55?

EDIT: I noticed you had a space in between "I" and "E" on STGBATTLEFI ELD.PAC. Maybe that's your problem?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
You can get a program to turn PCS > PAC. If you don't feel like finding it, PM me and send the PCS and I'll convert and send it back... but it really is simple as dropping it into the .exe file.

I have a question of my own. I copied someone's CSS (character selection screen) code. You need to use the code manager to input the 6 codes. If I did this, would I need to readd the phantom wings code? So, there'd be a total of 7 codes.

Another question, if you have custom ZSS textures, can you use the R & L selection on samus to get to ZSS's texture? Someone else was having a problem and I haven't tested it. That's why I looked up the CSS, so that Samus and ZSS are split - thus their own textures would work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ok, I got a disk read error when I tried to load the title screen. I went into GeckoOS through Homebrew, and hit Launch game, and it crashes after it got to "Loading Title... Disc Read error". Is this a problem with my disk, or did I input something incorrectly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom