• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The 949 Smash Thread: RIP PacWest

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
IMPORTANT! Strong Bad needs a ride to LAX tomorrow morning!
DJMirror, Signia, Stab, anyone, can I get a ride to LAX tomorrow? My flight leaves at 6:30 A.M. I'll give you gas money if you need it.

thanks!!

AntoPark

Smash Lord
Yeah, dude. It's been real fun hanging out with you! First Missourian I got to know. Hope you're able to find a ride and all that. Have a safe flight!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
worst comes to worst, you could call a taxi to take ya there

from the UCI area, a cab to the airport is about $10

(949)250-3002

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
oh whoa whoa wait a sec. LAX?

ya that's gonna run you a lot more, but...call around and see if anybody else can take you back

Signia

Smash Lord
maaaan SB what was your plan for getting to the airport from Irvine? LAX is such a ***** to drive to. I'm actually glad you want me to pick you up at 4:30 because the traffic later... THE TRAFFIC. But god damn what an inconvenience a taxi trip would be. So someone's gotta do it.

At least this could get me out of going to church tomorrow morning.

Edit: COME TO THINK OF IT I don't live particularly close to Irvine. LAX is an hour drive for me, and it takes me 20 minutes minimum to get to UCI. Is there seriously no one closer that can do this??

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
maaaan SB what was your plan for getting to the airport from Irvine? LAX is such a ***** to drive to. I'm actually glad you want me to pick you up at 4:30 because the traffic later... THE TRAFFIC. But god damn what an inconvenience a taxi trip would be. So someone's gotta do it.

Edit: COME TO THINK OF IT I don't live particularly close to Irvine. LAX is an hour drive for me, and it takes me 20 minutes minimum to get to UCI. Is there seriously no one closer that can do this??
none of us have cars :[

If I did (and I were even down there now), I'd do it.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

my original plan (in june) was that more than 2 people would have cars here...

yeah there's seriously no one else, if we can get to an ATM in the airport I can give you extra $ in return for it.
my flight leaves at 6:30, should we leave earlier due to the traffic?

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
my original plan (in june) was that more than 2 people would have cars here...

yeah there's seriously no one else, if we can get to an ATM in the airport I can give you extra $ in return for it.
my flight leaves at 6:30, should we leave earlier due to the traffic?
You'll want to leave around 2 or 3. Security's really dumb at LAX.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
what the ****?!
you should probably specify whether you left at 6:30am or 6:30pm next time. Rob probably thought you meant you were leaving at 6:30pm which is why leaving at 2-3pm makes sense.

glad to see you're online and had a safe trip.

Signia

Smash Lord
you should probably specify whether you left at 6:30am or 6:30pm next time. Rob probably thought you meant you were leaving at 6:30pm which is why leaving at 2-3pm makes sense.

glad to see you're online and had a safe trip.
Oh. Well we ended up leaving from Fly's at 3:45 and he made it no problem. Went pretty smooth except for his part of the agreement. He couldn't find an ATM. I have set up a paypal account so he can pay me the rest of the agreed upon money. Parking cost me a little more than I thought it would ($5) and he was a little short on our agreement.

I gotta say I'm a bit salty about agreeing to such a small compensation ($25) for a 2 hour drive and another hour at the airport on less than day's notice. My fault for not asking for more, but he seemed a bit low on money, and I was right. But Adam you gotta pay the bare minimum. Net $15 doesn't even cover gas.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i have already sent signia the $10 and am prepared to send him $5 extra for his trouble. i dont want to leave an area i love owing people money or losing trust. signia, i cannot thank you enough for what you did for me this morning. im safe at home now.

949, i love you all. you're officially my second crew now. i'll visit again someday if i can.

thank you all for making my stay in irvine the best smash experience ever after Genesis 2.

MacD

Banned via Administration
wtf, you needed to go to LAX that early?? god damn, kinda glad i wasn't here to have to make a decision on what i would do (aka reluctantly take you).

i don't get why signia waited at the airport for an hour though??? i just drop them off and say gl hf

also i'm sooooo sad i missed all the evo stream, got home in time to see the grand finals of street fighter. that last game was hype and made me really sad i missed all those games earlier

Top Bottom