• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ally Q/A ‘‘

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What are some ways you deal with Tornado besides the ones already posted on the OP.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Can Link and another Snake roll away safe from Snake's regrab after dthrow even when boost grabbing?
I think Snake is safe, Not so sure haven't tested, that's why I usually just Dash attack if he rolls forward. IDK about link.

Never played a decent Diddy before and I will in about 2 weeks what are some tips on playing that MU and in general how does one become a better smash player.
Depends how he plays, if he's a nana maniac, seperate the bananas. =l Diddy is hard.

Ally, is it true your controller has Hello Kitty stickers on it?
Yes I even put new stickets 2 days ago.

Is it true that this thread is troll bait?
no one loves you here ;P

Will you be doing one of these for the Falcon boards?
Maybe when I play Falcon more vs other people.

Hm, ok question:

Are there any situations where you would use Side-B xD ?
When you're recovering from very high up, you can shoot one off and then cancel in order to have explosives dropping down.
this or the only time i use Side B is when another snake uses UP B to go super high , I usually hit em with Side B and kill em lol.

Which is better against punishing ledge hops?

F-air or b-air?
Bair :O

What are some ways you deal with Tornado besides the ones already posted on the OP.
Utilt whenever you can with nade around you or BAIR from top of nado, they are all risky though I usually just block then punish.

play me in starcraft son! no hacks this time D:
I'm not home atm ;O

Ally can you wavebounce/reversal-b more often?
It hurts to see my FAV. Snake get juggled.
I can but I don't want to become predictable. So I let myself get hit a lil bit :p

I think Snake is safe, Not so sure haven't tested, that's why I usually just Dash attack if he rolls forward. IDK about link.
I tested distances with SuSa once before. So, I no this for a fact. Snake has the longest roll of anyone when he rolls away from himself after Dthrow. So, it cannot be regrabbed at all if Snake's roll forward. Although, free dash attack/dacus as you said.

Link also has one of the longest rolls away from snake, and it is fairly quick. You cannot react to the roll and expect a proper regrab. Link's can move by that time and which case it's a guessing game. If you run forward directly after Dthrow and Link does the same, you can regrab them I believe.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've seen you mention dair a few times, what are the best way to use it on the current top 5 chars. Are there any certain situations where its the best to use?

Alright, I have a question for Ally that he should know quiet well.

Please tell us in detail the rob vs snake match-up. I know you know I know that you know the match-up.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i have a question. i heard the other day that m2k timed you out at pound 4. since then, have you changed your mindset of the mk mu?

basically i ask because this happened to me last weekend. my basic approach to the mu has been to pressure mk into either taking damage from explosions or trading damage; snake is vulnerable to gimping at low percents, but if he gets passed them, he should live for a long time, and mk will die a lot sooner. put simply, i try to trade damage until mk hits about 110%, at which point i pressure into an utilt. but if mk tries to time you out, this little strategy doesnt work anymore.

ive already though of some new nade tricks and stuff to try and minimise the chance of this happening again, but i wanted to ask, how do you approach this situation?
pleeeeeeeeeeease?

misterpimp5757

Smash Ace
can u please explain all the angles to properly DI right?

i mean going horizontally. and how would u DI if you just get hit straight up? and diagonally?

btw did you have fun at winterfest? that was a cool snake doll u had.....not so much for mk lol.

oh wait...are you gonna switch out snake for mk? ive been seeing alot of ur mk vids lately.

omg im so sorry for the Q's but can u give us some nade cooking tips please?

gallax

Smash Hero
I tested distances with SuSa once before. So, I no this for a fact. Snake has the longest roll of anyone when he rolls away from himself after Dthrow. So, it cannot be regrabbed at all if Snake's roll forward. Although, free dash attack/dacus as you said.

Link also has one of the longest rolls away from snake, and it is fairly quick. You cannot react to the roll and expect a proper regrab. Link's can move by that time and which case it's a guessing game. If you run forward directly after Dthrow and Link does the same, you can regrab them I believe.
actually, ive boost grabbed snake b4 out of his roll from dthrow.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah but it's not guaranteed even if you fully predict it, the only way you get the regrab is if the other snake reacts wrong, you don't have the frame advantage to grab him

etecoon

Smash Hero
shmot is asking how to prevent M2Gay from timing you out, if ally knew the answer to that it wouldn't have happened to him -_-

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
im more so asking his mindset as to avoiding it; there is a difference. my mindset going into the mu is to trade damage, cause snake dies later, but if mk ignores you and tries to time you out, this strategy fails hard. so i wanted to know ally's mindset in regards to this.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I think that's the one secret that Ally doesn't want to share. Against a planking MK, Snake will just lose. Because Snake's camping will be easier to get around since hes now just focusing on them rather than focusing on fighting you too. Then you will be forced to approach with Snake can't do well.

etecoon

Smash Hero
MK doesn't really need to plank to avoid snake's camping, if he really decides he just wants to time you out and has the lead to do it, LOL you D:

Darkling_Ninja

Smash Rookie
Ally,

I have been looking online for videos of you playing a good marth and I have not been able to find any. I room with the best melee/brawl player in kentucky and he plays marth. I do not have that much trouble with Meta Knights, but I struggle with Marth allot. Do you have any quick pointers on fighting Marth as Snake?

CO18

Smash Hero
Ally,

I have been looking online for videos of you playing a good marth and I have not been able to find any. I room with the best melee/brawl player in kentucky and he plays marth. I do not have that much trouble with Meta Knights, but I struggle with Marth allot. Do you have any quick pointers on fighting Marth as Snake?
lol he has vids up both vs Neo and mikehaze...the two best marths.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l0dTnqbddA

jorgen aune

Smash Cadet
is usmash to punish grabs or other moves just waste at pro lvl?
favourite stage? (overall)
what do you think is Snake's 5 most usefull moves?

JRC LSS

Smash Apprentice
Are there any situations where you would try to stick c4 onto someone?

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
is usmash to punish grabs or other moves just waste at pro lvl?
favourite stage? (overall)
what do you think is Snake's 5 most usefull moves?
I'd say Grenade, Dthrow, Ftilt, Utilt and the Mortar. Snake's best stage is Halberd.

WolfReflection

Smash Cadet
Ally, first of all, thanks for doing this for everyone.

Secondly, what are your preferred custom controls?

.decoy

Smash Ace
ally, will you come to gi's in toronto on the 10th of april?

marcus will come, you should too.
he didn't confirm but he will be convinced by my mindgames.
unless he has exams.

plus you can go cf in gf again..

OverLade

Smash Hero
Take Ally's advice with teching MKs Dthrow. Razer did it to me and it's sick when you mix it up with other stuff >_>.

Top Bottom